Lorenzo De Silvestri

vioser

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pirlo,Nesta
Milan Keen On Massimo Oddo-Lorenzo De Silvestri Swap With Lazio - Report

The Rossoneri are still searching for another defender and will push for De Silvestri...

Milan are keen on a swap deal with Lazio that will see Massimo Oddo move to the Olimpico and Lorenzo de Silvestri head in the opposite direction.

According to Il Corriere Dello Sport, president Silvio Berlusconi has given the thumbs up to the arrival of another defender. The Rossoneri have been looking at De Silvestri, who is tipped to leave the Aquilotti this season. The defender has been left out of the squad following a squabble over a new deal, and he is keen on an exit.

On Tuesday, reports suggested Juventus were also keen on De Silvestri, but it appears as if Milan are likely to edge in front in the race to land him.

However, the problem is trying to convince Oddo to head back to his former side. The former Bayern Munich man is in no mood to go back to Rome, posing Milan an obstacle for De Silvestri.

"I am a Milan player and I am trying to earn a regular place in the team," Oddo told Ilsussidiario.net.

"The swap with De Silvestri? You can never rule out anything in life, but I am a Milan player, and I only want to think about the team I am with."

De Silvestri would be a good option for Milan as he is 12 years younger than Oddo.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com.

why not

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
Oh yeah that's right. Shit

Not really there hasn't been any updates regarding his injury as there were news that it wasn't a bad injury and he won't need to be absent that long..
I actually think that the deal would be done after there were the medical news on De Silv, but the media can't find anything yet i guess

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not really there hasn't been any updates regarding his injury as there were news that it wasn't a bad injury and he won't need to be absent that long..
I actually think that the deal would be done after there were the medical news on De Silv, but the media can't find anything yet i guess

I think just about everyone has reported that he will be out for around a month. It will be a bummer to not have his services for that period, but it will still be worth it given the fact that Oddo wouldn't be doing anything either.

De Silvestri would be our answer to Roma's Motta and Inter's Santon. He might not be quite that good, but I think he has the potential to be routinely called up by the national team down the line.

Also, it'd be really nice if Bonera actually lived up to the hype that once surrounded him. That would make our lives so much easier, IMO.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
I think just about everyone has reported that he will be out for around a month. It will be a bummer to not have his services for that period, but it will still be worth it given the fact that Oddo wouldn't be doing anything either.

De Silvestri would be our answer to Roma's Motta and Inter's Santon. He might not be quite that good, but I think he has the potential to be routinely called up by the national team down the line.

Also, it'd be really nice if Bonera actually lived up to the hype that once surrounded him. That would make our lives so much easier, IMO.

THere is the news? I was reading all bout speculation only about that a month absent.. but we should just get him, or Bale some youth talent would be worth a shot plus both De SIlv and Bale are available and not as expensive as Cisokkho

ooh about Bonera, I think Leo already said that he will only play at CB, I read that Bonera said that himself, he won't be patrolling down at FB i guess.. He is a CB this season

Last edited:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
THere is the news? I was reading all bout speculation only about that a month absent.. but we should just get him, or Bale some youth talent would be worth a shot plus both De SIlv and Bale are available and not as expensive as Cisokkho

ooh about Bonera, I think Leo already said that he will only play at CB, I read that Bonera said that himself, he won't be patrolling down at FB i guess.. He is a CB this season

Yeah I heard, Bonera will be CB, and is def. our best backup for CB... I hope he will be ready whenever either Silva or Nesta cannot play

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
De Silvestri would be a good option for Milan as he is 12 years younger than Oddo.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com.

LOOOOOOOL! :tongue: I feel like I'm in an episode of the Twilight Zone, has the whole world gone insane?

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
No way, you will lose both of their wages, keep the cash and get an promising Italian youngester in return.

We can use the cash to find a new (young) central defender for the future cause Bonera, Favalli & Onyewu will be backups for Silva & Nesta

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Seems like the wages we give Oddo and Kaladze are a big stumbling block. :mad: Lotito isn't stupid enough to give them €5m each a year, no way in hell can he take on that much extra salary.

We need to give Oddo and pay half his salary, it's the only way to get rid of him. We should push Kaladze to Bayern or Turkey/Greece if we can't afford the extra cash Lazio want for De Silvestri. It would really be trading two good, experienced players for a kid but really trims the wage budget and adds youth and dynamism. Better than paying €10m a year to see Oddo in the stands and Kaladze with the medical staff all season.

Does Kaladze have 3 years left on his contract? It would cost us €25m to see out those two contracts. :proud:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
OMG...

Do it...

We lose two players without real future, who are at most backups, and we will get a promising fullback instead. And we will lose a lot of wages. So maybe there is hope for a nice signing like Criscito... or is Criscito completely off the market for now?

OMG it's not official yet? wake me up when De silvestri pass the medical:D
just seal the deal G!!!! this kid is on sale and wanted Milan (the reason he ignores Fio's offers) WTF it took so LONG??? Lotito is kind of a fussy boss, I also remember it took as a long time before we get oddo back than:head:

Cristico will be simply off if we take until August 31 to seal this deal!!

Last edited:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
OMG it's not official yet? wake me up when De silvestri pass the medical:D
just seal the deal G!!!! this kid is on sale and wanted Milan (the reason he ignores Fio's offers) WTF it took so LONG??? Lotito is kind of a fussy boss, I also remember it took as a long time before we get oddo back than:head:

whoa...

Didn't know that... let's make the kid happy!:tongue:

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
whoa...

Didn't know that... let's make the kid happy!:tongue:

Well most of the reports said that, after he find out Milan is interested and is negotiating to, he stalled the negotiation with Fio.. I mean what would be the reason as Fio offer cash and Lotito already allowed them to negotiate, but nothing ever happens with Fio:D

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Ok so we rejected a super, healthy left back who may develop an injury for a less promising injured one...hope his smile's better than justin timberlake's :rolleyes:

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ok so we rejected a super, healthy left back who may develop an injury for a less promising injured one...hope his smile's better than justin timberlake's :rolleyes:

We don't actually reject the super healthy left back.. our admins thought that we could get a discount for him:D Porto said, it's not Christmas yet

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

de silvrestri is a bigger talent and younger. He's been on the radar of world football for years and was awesome in 07/08 (really how many 19 year olds EVERY get regular starts in serie A?!). He was recognized as largest talent of his generation in all the italian under 17, 19 whatever teams (sorry di gennaro). Cissokho on the otherhand was unknown.

That being said i wish we got both..... 2 young fb's with world clas potential

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
de silvrestri is a bigger talent and younger. He's been on the radar of world football for years and was awesome in 07/08 (really how many 19 year olds EVERY get regular starts in serie A?!). He was recognized as largest talent of his generation in all the italian under 17, 19 whatever teams (sorry di gennaro). Cissokho on the otherhand was unknown.

That being said i wish we got both..... 2 young fb's with world clas potential

I agree! And I hope one of them can play CB too...

edika_kaka

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Steven Defour
waiting for official news..

keep waiting and hopefully..

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Both? Geez. I'd rather do one + cash.

agreed, personally I'd like to keep Kaladze and do Oddo+cash = de silvestri... but if the only way they'll do it is with both then we should just do it. we need a SB badly.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
he's a question.... anyone seen him play LB? I know he played it against juve at end of year and maybe once of twice more...

i just feel abate @ RB will be the way to go in our tactics. Abate is fairly big, strong, likes to challenge defenders, works his ass off, fast, great crosses... in short the anti-rossoneri of 2008/9. Watching him run the flank, i wont say he's dani alves or maicon (cause they have a distinct style) but he could easily be a young zambrotta or evra

If De Silvestri can play LB effectively, that'd be great

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
he's a question.... anyone seen him play LB? I know he played it against juve at end of year and maybe once of twice more...

i just feel abate @ RB will be the way to go in our tactics. Abate is fairly big, strong, likes to challenge defenders, works his ass off, fast, great crosses... in short the anti-rossoneri of 2008/9. Watching him run the flank, i wont say he's dani alves or maicon (cause they have a distinct style) but he could easily be a young zambrotta or evra

agreed to some extent... but personally I don't want to lose Abate as a hard working midfielder because he plays gets back to help in defense and he also can beat hs man in attack. I would like to see him as a side midfielder as we've been using him because I think he's great there, but I wouldn't mind him going to RB for a try to see if he blossoms into the next Zambro as you said.

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!

No he can't. De Silvestri is just a RB, but great one (before the injure and clash with Rossi). He is so fast and have great crosses! And i only prefer Bale because he will cover LB, at RB we have more options (Zambrotta, Antonini, Bonera and even Abate now). But if I can choose I would take De Silvestri no doubt about it! Great talent but answer for you... just RB (not LB).

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

How is Abate in defense? I can't say I've paid all that much attention to his defensive abilities other than noticing a few sloppy tackles throughout the pre-season. If he is a somewhat capable defender, then I hope to see him playing FB in the next few weeks as he and Leonardo both hinted at. At the end of the day, you can have all the attacking talent in the world, but you still need to provide defensive cover on the flanks, so that Nesta and Silva don't find themselves alone on an island.

I do think they said that they were going to try him at LB, so maybe he can be the future at LB and De Silvestri the future at RB?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
agreed to some extent... but personally I don't want to lose Abate as a hard working midfielder because he plays gets back to help in defense and he also can beat hs man in attack. I would like to see him as a side midfielder as we've been using him because I think he's great there, but I wouldn't mind him going to RB for a try to see if he blossoms into the next Zambro as you said.

we dont play with wide midfielders though.......

we play w/ 3 CMs and 3 attackers (however u line them up). And anyway pirlo and gattuso r starters, flams needs time, seedorf and ambro will play, where will abate play????

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players

we play w/ 3 CMs and 3 attackers (however u line them up). And anyway pirlo and gattuso r starters, flams needs time, seedorf and ambro will play, where will abate play????

I guess rightback then...

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
How is Abate in defense? I can't say I've paid all that much attention to his defensive abilities other than noticing a few sloppy tackles throughout the pre-season. If he is a somewhat capable defender, then I hope to see him playing FB in the next few weeks as he and Leonardo both hinted at. At the end of the day, you can have all the attacking talent in the world, but you still need to provide defensive cover on the flanks, so that Nesta and Silva don't find themselves alone on an island.

I do think they said that they were going to try him at LB, so maybe he can be the future at LB and De Silvestri the future at RB?

they'll try him at RB... his best technical attribute is his right footed cross, you'd lose that at LB.

He puts in alot of defensive effort, and he's strong.... i think there would be an adjustment period but he could do it

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players

i know we dont play with wide midfielders, but abate has been playing on the right side of a 3 man "CM" line... but he's been driftign further out and has been more attacking than the other 2 "CM's" so in essence he can be listed as a CM all we want for now but the way hes been playing positionally has given us some width and I like it.

EDIT: I guess what I'd do is start Abate at RB and then if we are down and need more attack, move him up to midfield and bring in one of our attacking side backs like antonini or zambro or janku. either way, its great to see we have a player with flexibility.

Schedule