The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2014, 23:54   #2061
ikita
AC Milan Icon
 
ikita's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Trinidad & Tobago, West Indies.
Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta, Alessio Romagnoli
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/...-also-sadists/

Maybe your psychology thesis can start here.
rite rite...

the phaz is doin psychology...almost forgot that.


how is that going for you phaz?


Signature
It's hard to believe that it's me that you're missing
Now you're trying to speak and I don't want to listen
Because you're a let down.
ikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 00:12   #2062
Pharaoh
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fav. Players: Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikita View Post
rite rite...

the phaz is doin psychology...almost forgot that.


how is that going for you phaz?
One of the two classes stressing me out and honestly, im putting in more effort than its worth. ALL tests and quizes are online and she basically steals questions from professors who posted tests/study guides online. So if push comes to shove and i give up reading, my grade can still move up to an A as i can just google everything on the test...literally.

Just not used to the amount of of reading otherwise its an interesting class.

Hows uni for you bro?
Pharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 02:23   #2063
derpu
AC Milan Icon
 
derpu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Singapore
Fav. Players: Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikita View Post
may download this later....looks quite funny...that girl reminds me of orihime...or rather she's like orihime on 24 Monster drinks....
download em 19 episodes out so far. for better experience watch it in at least 720p resolution


Signature
derpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 02:41   #2064
jammin
pour l'éternité
 
jammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

What is this 720p you speak of? Is it the new 360p, from the future?
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 04:23   #2065
ikita
AC Milan Icon
 
ikita's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Trinidad & Tobago, West Indies.
Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta, Alessio Romagnoli
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
One of the two classes stressing me out and honestly, im putting in more effort than its worth. ALL tests and quizes are online and she basically steals questions from professors who posted tests/study guides online. So if push comes to shove and i give up reading, my grade can still move up to an A as i can just google everything on the test...literally.

Just not used to the amount of of reading otherwise its an interesting class.

Hows uni for you bro?
good lord phaz...that's horrible...online tests and quizzes...that sounds very meh meh...we got the good old traditional in class written exam and quizzes. and I'm not being sarcastic here bro...I rly prefer the traditional stuff. i'll fail at that online stuff. it doesn't feel like the lecturers and administration put in the same amount of time and effort that way, as compared to traditional stuff and because of that, I wouldn't be able to reciprocate any effort and time for online quizzes and tests, ergo, I wouldn't learn that way or understand.=\

I wish I was able to do a lot of reading for my courses, but I cant. as soon as you learn a new theory or law, or practical method, or otherwise, you gotta learn to apply it and then move on to the next one...-.-

still love science though and engineering math. I r@p3d my math quiz yesterday btw. that paper is currently preggers...with twins...uni is okay overall. this trimester is a bit different. had to deal with several unrelated school-work issues that I had not foreseen. but I think I'm handling them well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depreciation View Post
download em 19 episodes out so far. for better experience watch it in at least 720p resolution
Depp...come on man...you're talking like you don't know your boy here. recall I'm that guy that has the latter years of naruto (and bleach dloaded) and saved as 720p mp4 on my HDD, with the full 720p season 1 of shingeki no kyojin and psycho pass saved as well...



Signature
It's hard to believe that it's me that you're missing
Now you're trying to speak and I don't want to listen
Because you're a let down.
ikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 04:31   #2066
Pharaoh
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fav. Players: Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikita View Post
good lord phaz...that's horrible...online tests and quizzes...that sounds very meh meh...we got the good old traditional in class written exam and quizzes. and I'm not being sarcastic here bro...I rly prefer the traditional stuff. i'll fail at that online stuff. it doesn't feel like the lecturers and administration put in the same amount of time and effort that way, as compared to traditional stuff and because of that, I wouldn't be able to reciprocate any effort and time for online quizzes and tests, ergo, I wouldn't learn that way or understand.=\

I wish I was able to do a lot of reading for my courses, but I cant. as soon as you learn a new theory or law, or practical method, or otherwise, you gotta learn to apply it and then move on to the next one...-.-

still love science though and engineering math. I r@p3d my math quiz yesterday btw. that paper is currently preggers...with twins...uni is okay overall. this trimester is a bit different. had to deal with several unrelated school-work issues that I had not foreseen. but I think I'm handling them well.



Depp...come on man...you're talking like you don't know your boy here. recall I'm that guy that has the latter years of naruto (and bleach dloaded) and saved as 720p mp4 on my HDD, with the full 720p season 1 of shingeki no kyojin and psycho pass saved as well...

I mean, dont get me wrong i love the fact that the teacher takes such a lax attitude and everything is online, its just im stuck between cheating myself and getting the easy grade. I can basically pass the class with an a because like i said, the whole tests and quizzes are stolen from other teachers meaning all i have to do is google the exact question to get the exact answer. But i wont have learned shit, ya know?

I cant wait till i start getting into the actual engineering jelly in this donut called uni, but thats two years from now.

Oh, trouble in paradise, do tell in detail about these unforseen problems at work
Pharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 04:36   #2067
derpu
AC Milan Icon
 
derpu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Singapore
Fav. Players: Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
Default



Nice op


Signature
derpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 06:23   #2068
jammin
pour l'éternité
 
jammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

My Uni problems - I'm so good at everything I don't know what to study.

Last edited by jammin; 22-02-2014 at 06:55.
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 06:26   #2069
Pharaoh
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fav. Players: Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminsheva View Post
My Uni problems - I'm so goid at everything I don't know what to study.
I love you



edit: Had to retract that emotion too far

Last edited by Pharaoh; 22-02-2014 at 06:38.
Pharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 07:06   #2070
jammin
pour l'éternité
 
jammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Srsly tho, I'm putting in some really hard work this year. Inshallah, that distinction and 50% schol is mine.
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 07:10   #2071
jammin
pour l'éternité
 
jammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

New Breaker - decent people taking hits for glasses guy.

But with all this delaying, when he finally gets what he deserves (i.e. a jaw breaker from 9AD), it's gonna feel sooo good.
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 07:33   #2072
Ultra Swan
.,.foREVer.,.
 
Ultra Swan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: City of Evil
Fav. Players: AC Milan
Default

Kill la Kill's story telling is so badass, the music just takes it to another level.

Kinda reminds me of Tarantino films.
Ultra Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 07:38   #2073
Casualista
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default

Aghhhh this forum is so boring without balotelli.... Why he get injured... Evn the coeff tards have accepted defeat. No opposition at all

Restricting my social media exposure and heading to ze cave of solitude for some more prep work. I guess i will come back before next atletico game but if we lose i am out till start of next season.

What a horrible season. Nothing to do by march.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 07:42   #2074
Casualista
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
I mean, dont get me wrong i love the fact that the teacher takes such a lax attitude and everything is online, its just im stuck between cheating myself and getting the easy grade. I can basically pass the class with an a because like i said, the whole tests and quizzes are stolen from other teachers meaning all i have to do is google the exact question to get the exact answer. But i wont have learned shit, ya know?

I cant wait till i start getting into the actual engineering jelly in this donut called uni, but thats two years from now.

Oh, trouble in paradise, do tell in detail about these unforseen problems at work
You really think people who write traditional tests learn more?

When u get a job your employer is not gonna put you in an isolated room and hand u a sheet of paper to solve a task.... He will say get your cellphone out, get on the web, collaborate with your peers and solve the god damn problem at hand.

You are being trained right. Traditional pen and paper tests have very little value today. I know, because i did research alternate education techniques just a couple of months back.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 07:50   #2075
Pharaoh
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fav. Players: Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
You really think people who write traditional tests learn more?

When u get a job your employer is not gonna put you in an isolated room and hand u a sheet of paper to solve a task.... He will say get your cellphone out, get on the web, collaborate with your peers and solve the god damn problem at hand.

You are being trained right. Traditional pen and paper tests have very little value today. I know, because i did research alternate education techniques just a couple of months back.
How is it learning if im just googling every answer seeing how the teacher isnt creative enough to come up with her own questions? I'm honestly surprised im still forcing myself to read and taking the hard road when theres a much easier route waiting for me.
Pharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 07:51   #2076
jammin
pour l'éternité
 
jammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
You really think people who write traditional tests learn more?

When u get a job your employer is not gonna put you in an isolated room and hand u a sheet of paper to solve a task.... He will say get your cellphone out, get on the web, collaborate with your peers and solve the god damn problem at hand.

You are being trained right. Traditional pen and paper tests have very little value today. I know, because i did research alternate education techniques just a couple of months back.
Well then I am going to be FUCKED when I'm out of college.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Swan View Post
Kill la Kill's story telling is so badass, the music just takes it to another level.

Kinda reminds me of Tarantino films.
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 07:54   #2077
Casualista
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
How is it learning if im just googling every answer seeing how the teacher isnt creative enough to come up with her own questions? I'm honestly surprised im still forcing myself to read and taking the hard road when theres a much easier route waiting for me.
Unless you are directly copy-pasting and plagarising your answers, there is nothing wrong with googling to find an answer to a solution. Because you are learning how to search for answers and hopefully referring to multiple sources for solution.

It's what people in every job do. From consultancy to accounting/psychology/history etc.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 07:57   #2078
Pharaoh
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fav. Players: Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
Default

Tfat the wise, i will miss you when you ashish
Pharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 07:58   #2079
Casualista
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminsheva View Post
Well then I am going to be FUCKED when I'm out of college
There was an interesting experiment conducted.

It was to see how far a person can do a job through only use of google with a fake degree. No surprises, people could fake being in finance and economics the longest because everyone expects them to be wrong anyway.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 08:03   #2080
Ultra Swan
.,.foREVer.,.
 
Ultra Swan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: City of Evil
Fav. Players: AC Milan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
Unless you are directly copy-pasting and plagarising your answers, there is nothing wrong with googling to find an answer to a solution. Because you are learning how to search for answers and hopefully referring to multiple sources for solution.

It's what people in every job do. From consultancy to accounting/psychology/history etc.
Chuunin Entrance Exam
Ultra Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:14.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.