Cristiano Ronaldo Thread

vashil

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona,Nesta,Sheva,Pirlo, Gattuso,Crespo,Riquelme, Sneijder,Sergio Ramos,Beck,aguero
this is the same shit i keep telling my friends... why dont he end that bullshit!!

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
Blatter doesn't care about football. As long as the big teams continue to entertain, and he gets his fat paycheck, then it's all good for him. Blatter should do us all a favour and F' OFF

rreze_milan

OURS!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Pato, Becks...
i heard that his GF is denying his move to Real and even if this thing happens she will stop it or something like this:D
SUTPID:o

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
crazy...he has no deal with Real but he is hoping that his future will be decided..LOL

Ronaldo Shocker: Blatter Is Right

Cristiano Ronaldo is said to have told Portuguese station TVI that he agrees with Sepp Blatter's comments regarding the treatment of modern footballers, adding that he has not yet come to an agreement with Real Madrid...

The winger is reported to have said that he agrees with FIFA president Sepp Blatter, who earlier controversially claimed that footballers were treated as modern day slaves, adding that Ronaldo should be allowed to leave if it is his personal desire.

The full TVI interview in which Ronaldo made this declaration, along with his desire to play for Real Madrid, was aired on Thursday evening during the 2000 BST bulletin.

Update: The interview was broadcast at 21:28 local time.

The Manchester United ace said, "I am optimistic - things have been going well, I have been undergoing treatments, everything is going ok.

"I have been progressing well, I am now focused on recovery.

"I will be back in 10-12 weeks. Training with the ball? That will start in around two months."

Talk moved towards the player's future.

"I am optimistic and tranquil about what's to come," he said.

"Blatter's comments? I agree with him. I have nothing else to say about that. What he (Blatter) said is correct.

"Have I already made a deal with Real Madrid? No - that's not true. There is no deal.

"I hope that my future will be decided as soon as possible but I do not know where I will start the season."

In conclusion he discussed Manchester United assistant coach Carlos Queiroz's chances of becoming Portugal manager.

"He is a great coach and would be a great solution for the Portugal squad," said Cristiano. "He'd be a great bet."

Deal Or No Deal

Meanwhile, Madrid-based sports daily As claims that Ronaldo himself is confident that his move to the Spanish capital will be completed sooner rather than later.

Apparently Ronaldo sought to allay the blancos' fears that his ankle operation and plans to return to Manchester would see to it that a move is in jeopardy.

The paper states that the player has communicated to Madrid his thoughts via his agent, Jorge Mendes, and an SMS text message. Translated, the text read: "Relax: I've taken care of everything."

(Additional reporting by Ewan Macdonald, editing by Sulmaan Ahmad, translation by Luis Mira)

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
United reject Blatter claim
Red Devils respond to Fifa president's Ronaldo comments

Manchester United have issued a terse response to Sepp Blatter's claim that Cristiano Ronaldo should be allowed to leave Old Trafford.

The Fifa president has caused widespread controversy with his comments in an exclusive Sky Sports News interview about 'modern slavery' in football.

Portuguese phenomenon Ronaldo has been linked with a move to Real Madrid throughout the summer, with the Spanish giants publicly courting the winger.

United insist their star man is not for sale, but Blatter has waded into the debate by claiming players should be given the freedom to move on when they want to.

A Red Devils club spokesperson responded: "All our players - like at other clubs - enter into their contracts after an open and free negotiation.

"Most of whom do after taking advice from a FIFA-registered agent.

"Many do so on a number of occasions and enjoy long and successful stays at Old Trafford."

Out of control
Uefa have warned that players are becoming ever more powerful as a consequence of the Bosman ruling - and rejected Blatter's suggestions they are slaves to clubs.

Communications director William Gaillard, who also serves as special advisor to UEFA president Michel Platini, gave a different point of view and claimed salaries are 'spiralling out of control'.

"It would be useful to remind people that slaves in all of the slavery systems never earned a wage," Gaillard told Sky Sports News.

The Bosman ruling came into effect in 1995, allowing players free transfers at the end of contracts, and those coming to the conclusion of their deals have become targets for other clubs.

"It seems that both clubs and players are trying to negotiate an exit before the player is free," said Gaillard.

"It is a consequence of the Bosman ruling - there is nothing we can do about that.

"It is obvious that today players have a lot more power than they did 20 years ago, undoubtedly, and agents have a lot more power than they did 20 years ago.

"It is true that salaries are spiralling out of control. Many clubs have pointed that out."
Sky Sports

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
As much as anyting I think this is about principle now. We won't be bullied by Madrid so they can shove there dirty money.

Its gonna be a very interesting to see what happens when ronaldo makes his first away appearence this season...

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
manutd fan said:
As much as anyting I think this is about principle now. We won't be bullied by Madrid so they can shove there dirty money.

Its gonna be a very interesting to see what happens when ronaldo makes his first away appearence this season...

Sorry for OT, but I need to know something.

Has Tevez returned to Corinthias/West Ham or he'll be playing another season for Manchester ?

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Bes said:

Has Tevez returned to Corinthias/West Ham or he'll be playing another season for Manchester ?
He was on a 2 year loan.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bes said:

He's got 1 more season with us on loan (5M per season), then after that we have first option to buy him for a fee around (apparently) 20M

Fergie has said we have a handshake agreement and the fee is in place for at the end of next season.

I don't think he has anything to do with West Ham anymore, its an agency who we have to buy him off (I think)

bani

Primavera
Reaction score
This is why I hate the guy so much...

Claiming he is a slave and back Blatters comments..

WHAT THE FUCK!!!

He earns £120,000 a week!!!!!!!!

A FUCKING SLAVE????????

people like this shouldnt be allowed to play football

fucking disgusting

what has happened to football these days? It's turned into more of a soap opera than a sport...

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
i hope c. ronaldo falls into hot lava and manages to survive it so no one will make him sound like a great personality if he dies

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
i hate the way Blatter defended CR7. what Madrid did is really pathetic. and the way CR7 acted towards that club is also pathetic. he has contract until 2012 with MU. happy or not happy he should respect that contract. or otherwise what is the value from the contract if you be able just walk away without look behind what was the deal between both side (club and player). MU is right to got protested towards Madrid. considering this is still 2008 and 2012 is way too far. and claimed that he is a slave in MU :rolleyes: he got paid well from MU (not to mention he got the chances to prove himself in MU). what a pathetic player. CR7 is very ungratefull player.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cannavaro Slams Blatter Over Ronaldo

Real Madrid defender Fabio Cannavaro has publically criticized FIFA president Joseph Blatter for his statements on the Cristiano Ronaldo matter...

The FIFA president did not hesitate to compare Ronaldo's situation to modern slavery as the British outfit are willing to do everything they can to retain the services of the Portuguese ace despite endless approaches from Real Madrid, most of them through the press.

Cannavaro has played down Blatter's statement, saying that "talking about slavery nowadays are big words."

Although Ronaldo would be a quality asset to his own squad, Cannavaro acknowledges that the Manchester United star should stay out of this summer saga.

"When you sign something, you should fulfill it," Cannavaro concluded.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Why all the hate towards Ronaldo? If he wants to move and further his career, he should be able to. Manchester will get more than a hefty compensation for it. His wages have nothing to do with his 'slavery', its the forbidding to have a choice at every point but only at every five years when you sign a contract.

Plus, no matter how much he earns, if he could earn double, of course he would consider his situation as slavery.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo9 said:
Why all the hate towards Ronaldo? If he wants to move and further his career, he should be able to. Manchester will get more than a hefty compensation for it. His wages have nothing to do with his 'slavery', its the forbidding to have a choice at every point but only at every five years when you sign a contract.

Plus, no matter how much he earns, if he could earn double, of course he would consider his situation as slavery.

Its the way he has treated us. All this 'In 2-3 days', 'after the euros' ect. then in an interview with Guillem Ballague (leading spanish journo) he was asked 'do you mind that manutd fans are getting upset with the way your acting?' he replied 'It doesn't affect me, after I score a goal or two they will cheer for me again'.

Plus he agrees with Blatter about him being a slave, so your on 100K a week, multi million pound deal with nike(which he'll lose if he goes to Madrid apparently) plus all the other merchandise money he gets an he says we treat him like a slave :conf:

We took a massive gamble on him, Sporting made him into a kid with potential, but we turned him from that into the worlds best player when for 2 years or so we were getting critisised for playing him because he seemed to have stopped developing.

I have no problem that he wants to go to Madrid, but the way he is going about it is all wrong and he is disrespecting our club.

Plus after the CL win the reporter asked him, 'are you staying?' and he said yes, now he's going back on his word.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
manutd fan said:
Plus he agrees with Blatter about him being a slave, so your on 100K a week, multi million pound deal with nike (which he'll lose if he goes to Madrid apparently) plus all the other merchandise money he gets an he says we treat him like a slave :conf:
Jerk. I'd like to see Ronaldo share that attitude with teachers who are forced to buy school supplies for their students out of their own pockets.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
manutd fan said:
in an interview with Guillem Ballague (leading spanish journo) he was asked 'do you mind that manutd fans are getting upset with the way your acting?' he replied 'It doesn't affect me, after I score a goal or two they will cheer for me again'.
while i would normally think that is a terribly offensive thing to say, im sure all of manure's fans in china and japan and hong kong would probably do just that, and they probably make up about 60% of the fanbase.

manutd fan said:
Plus after the CL win the reporter asked him, 'are you staying?' and he said yes, now he's going back on his word.
i saw that, and i wasnt surprised that he said he would stay. he said that like 10 mins after the game had finished, and he couldnt really say that he was leaving at that time. it would have killed all the celebrations and everything. ppl would have criticized him for thinking only of himself and about his money even in the clubs greatest hour etc etc. he said what he had to say at that moment.

jsut to clarify, i do hate the guy. in fact i loathe him. As a person and as a footballer.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
radioactivenerd said:
while i would normally think that is a terribly offensive thing to say, im sure all of manure's fans in china and japan and hong kong would probably do just that, and they probably make up about 60% of the fanbase.

i saw that, and i wasnt surprised that he said he would stay. he said that like 10 mins after the game had finished, and he couldnt really say that he was leaving at that time. it would have killed all the celebrations and everything. ppl would have criticized him for thinking only of himself and about his money even in the clubs greatest hour etc etc. he said what he had to say at that moment.

jsut to clarify, i do hate the guy. in fact i loathe him. As a person and as a footballer.

It may or may not be true about the fan base, but its still not something you should come out and say, he's basically said he doesn't care for the fans that sing 'viva ronaldo' literally for 90 minutes without stopping and support him no matter how many times he throws a tantrum (though away fans have a go at him for it)

I was still pretty much 'on the fence' until the slavery comments came out, but I just can't believe he said it when you consider the average wage in England for all jobs is 25k a year, but he gets 4x that every week just from the club.

He clearly thinks of himself as bigger than the club and doesn't realise how lucky he is to be playing for one of the bigger clubs in the world, while wearing our most famous number and if it wasn't for the fact that we need to set a pressident for the future then I would gladly see the back of him.

one thing thats for definate though is that when he comes back from his injury he's gonna get no where near the amount of support he had previously. It wouldn't suprise me if he got booed at away games.

Kinda contradictory I know but its annoying that he's injured for the first 6 weeks of the season, which is when we have our toughest fixtures.

Last edited:

bani

Primavera
Reaction score
Slaveryaldo.gif

ahhhh... if only i could be a slave... :D

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
manutd fan said:
Its the way he has treated us. All this 'In 2-3 days', 'after the euros' ect. then in an interview with Guillem Ballague (leading spanish journo) he was asked 'do you mind that manutd fans are getting upset with the way your acting?' he replied 'It doesn't affect me, after I score a goal or two they will cheer for me again'.

Plus he agrees with Blatter about him being a slave, so your on 100K a week, multi million pound deal with nike(which he'll lose if he goes to Madrid apparently) plus all the other merchandise money he gets an he says we treat him like a slave :conf:

We took a massive gamble on him, Sporting made him into a kid with potential, but we turned him from that into the worlds best player when for 2 years or so we were getting critisised for playing him because he seemed to have stopped developing.

I have no problem that he wants to go to Madrid, but the way he is going about it is all wrong and he is disrespecting our club.

Quite right.

He has become even more of an hate figure after Manchester United had helped restore his reputation.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bani said:
Slaveryaldo.gif

ahhhh... if only i could be a slave... :D
LOL so you want to get whipped by an old man then? ;)

but here's another one:
poopn3.gif

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Maybe all u r sayin is true about Ronaldo.
But I also think a ManU should have dignity + release a player who wanna join another club + they should only name their price.
ManU isnt acting as a big club but rather as a small club who possess 1 world class player & they dont wanna lose him.
I mean its not like Real r offering small amount of money , actually they r offering more than enough.
Fuck him , cash in on him + sign Ribery or Quaresma + Berba or even all of em :o

Last edited:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wild said:
But I also think a ManU should have dignity + release a player who wanna join another club + they should only name their price.
ManU isnt acting as a big club but rather as a small club who possess 1 world class player & they dont wanna lose him.
Fuck him , cash in on him + sign Ribery or Quaresma + Berba or even all of em :o

No, Ronaldo is one of our prized assets, why should we sell him? Our entire system is built around Ronaldo, we have just won the double, so why should we sell a key player who has 4 years left on his contract.

Plus if we just sell to Madrid after all the tactics they've tried then they will just do it again in a few years when the likes of Nani and Anderson reach higher levels.

We're not a selling club at all, If Kaka had said he wanted to join Barcelona, and they bid for him I doubt you'd sell him willingly.

I don't see how preventing a key player to move is showing your a small club at all. If it was the other way around and we sold him to Madrid then what kind of message does that send out? "we are the champions of europe but if any other big club wants one of our best players you can have them" :rolleyes:

TBH If I was Fergie then I'd get on the Phone to Laporta and say 40M and he's yours. That'll piss Madrid off like hell. And we know Barca are interested aswell, plus Ronaldo has said in the past Barca 'make him dream'.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Wild said:
I mean its not like Real r offering small amount of money , actually they r offering more than enough.

Nope they should not sell him for a couple of reasons:

1.) They don't need the money.
2.) When Milan sold Sheva, it seem to give everyone an impression that we are a selling club and a lot of clubs started bidding for our other players like Kaka, Rino, Pirlo, etc. Its one of the reasons we were forced to renegotiate Kaka's deal a couple of times.
3.) It might influence other players at the club to do the same thing in the future (Nani and Anderson).
4.) It will give Real Madrid the impression that they are above everyone and can sign anyone at will.
5. Clowndoron has said a couple of times that he will only pay 5-10 million more than the sum he paid for Zidane which is ridiculous considering Ronaldo is much younger+has the potential to be a better marketing asset.
6.) Silvio's son likes him :D

David-Regal

Maldini groupie
Reaction score
Hong Kong/ University of Southern California
Fav. Players
PAOLO MALDINI, Alexandre Pato, and all Milan players; Luque, C. Ronaldo, Grosso
radioactivenerd said:
:mad: :mad: :mad: Don't think all Hong Kong fans are the same :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cristiano Ronaldo is one of my favourite players because he did really well to rebut all the critics after WC06 by performing well on the pitch. Honestly, I hated him after WC06 but you see, he responded in the perfect way a footballer can do.

Sadly, this summer I am losing a bit of my respect to him. What he said and what he did were really bullsh*t. And agreeing with the slavery talk means I am further disappointed. :head:

P.S. Man. United is my favourite English team. I supported them before I learned about Milan. (Now I still do but to a lesser extent)