Group A: ALBANIA, FRANCE, ROMANIA, SWITZERLAND

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
This French team is fun to watch.

Pogba and Sissokho stand outs in this game.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Sissoko is a good player when he gives a fuck

Unfortunately I see him fading (being broken) by January if he signs for Milan

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Imagine getting a couple of these French players to Milan. :(

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind Xhaka either.

Such window shoppers we've become.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
sissoko should be available

newcastle relegated

do it G

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
France are so meh.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
So disappointing from Switzerland, why not just go for first place? Very low quality match.

Calciobania (Calbania?) might still be in it

Last edited:

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
safe journey home romania. I remember some kid on here switching at me when I said chiriches was average.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
3 points and they're on -2

I don't think Albania will make it

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Dear god Sissoko is a tank.
I liked him the most tonight.
Xhaka , what a player :(

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

He seems to be a very smart player. I really hope he doesnt listen to Wenger on tactics. No doubt he knows more about it than that old frog.

Does anyone know much about Elseid Hysaj....we are linked with him and have offer 19 million Euros? He's Albanian....so he must be tough atleast

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
He seems to be a very smart player. I really hope he doesnt listen to Wenger on tactics. No doubt he knows more about it than that old frog.

Does anyone know much about Elseid Hysaj....we are linked with him and have offer 19 million Euros? He's Albanian....so he must be tough atleast

iirc he already played more than 100 matches for empoli before moving to Napoli

he's good going forward and not a pussy

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Breel Embolo is in my fantasy team. Such a let down

He was injured before the tournament and restarted training just few days before the start of the tournament. That's most likely why he didn't start in the two previous games and never had his usual explosiveness. Moreover, he's young and more used to Swiss League niveau. People judging him only from the last three games obviously have never seen him play full fit in CL or EL in the last two years

He obviously has to learn and is nowhere near worldclass. But people denying the tools are not there simply haven't seen him play outside this tournament

fabian shar is a complete enigma to me. I was screaming for milan to sign him a year ago. he ended up at hoffenheim, he only signed for like 6m and on top of that he had a shocking season. yet every time i see him he looks quality, would still love to see him at milan.

Don't know what happened to him last season (he also had to struggle with a injury if I'm not wrong), but in this tournament he looks way more like his good old self of his seasons at Basel where he bossed CL and World Cup in Brazil

This French team is fun to watch.

Pogba and Sissokho stand outs in this game.

I don't quite agree. The French team is very confusing to me. I don't see a game plan, what's their football about. Is it about controlled defence with fast raid-like counters like Atletico? Is it about ball-possession like Peps teams? Is it about creativity? About full-attack? I really can't say. No game plan at all. It looks like Dechamps only counts on the shier talent of the individuals. Pogba was a beast yesterday, especially in the first half. All the other players looked invisible (Sissoko steped up in the second half).

They have so much talent in their team, I even have a bet on them winning this tournament. But honestly, after seeing this first three games (two of them won with goals in the spare time against Romania and Albania), they are the biggest let-down of this tournament so far. I can't see them winning if they continue like this.

Puma shirts

I'm glad Puma doesn't produce condoms :lol:

France are so meh.

Until now - absolutely, yes. They really have to step-up their game and play as a team with a clear plan instead of depending on Pogba + a flavor-of-the-day player.

Xhaka was always great but I think the last three games must have been his best games with the Swiss NT. Man this stats. Arsenal really have a player to look forward for and he's still young and can become better!

Last edited:

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He was injured before the tournament and restarted training just few days before the start of the tournament. That's most likely why he didn't start in the two previous games and never had his usual explosiveness. Moreover, he's young and more used to Swiss League niveau. People judging him only from the last three games obviously have never seen him play full fit in CL or EL in the last two years

He obviously has to learn and is nowhere near worldclass. But people denying the tools are not there simply haven't seen him play outside this tournament

Don't know what happened to him last season (he also had to struggle with a injury if I'm not wrong), but in this tournament he looks way more like his good old self of his seasons at Basel where he bossed CL and World Cup in Brazil

I don't quite agree. The French team is very confusing to me. I don't see a game plan, what's their football about. Is it about controlled defence with fast raid-like counters like Atletico? Is it about ball-possession like Peps teams? Is it about creativity? About full-attack? I really can't say. No game plan at all. It looks like Dechamps only counts on the shier talent of the individuals. Pogba was a beast yesterday, especially in the first half. All the other players looked invisible (Sissoko steped up in the second half).

They have so much talent in their team, I even have a bet on them winning this tournament. But honestly, after seeing this first three games (two of them won with goals in the spare time against Romania and Albania), they are the biggest let-down of this tournament so far. I can't see them winning if they continue like this.

Until now - absolutely, yes. They really have to step-up their game and play as a team with a clear plan instead of depending on Pogba + a flavor-of-the-day player.

Xhaka was always great but I think the last three games must have been his best games with the Swiss NT. Man this stats. Arsenal really have a player to look forward for and he's still young and can become better!

1. Embolo? If I recall correctly all the people that wanted Embolo kept saying that he was already world class but now he in not yet there?
Physically he is strong and seems like he has pace but from what I have seen from him it seems like he is pure power striker with pace but nothing more. Even if he is coming back from injury you see no technical stuff out of Embolo though it seems that he knows what are his strengths. Keita Balde is much better.

2. Fabian Schar? Much better from the lad from what I have seen before.

3. France? I agree. It seems that it is a composition of individuals instead of a team.

4. Xhaka? No, He was not always great. He was a huge letdown last wc. He has improved a lot in the last 2 years.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1. Embolo? If I recall correctly all the people that wanted Embolo kept saying that he was already world class but now he in not yet there?

Physically he is strong and seems like he has pace but from what I have seen from him it seems like he is pure power striker with pace but nothing more. Even if he is coming back from injury you see no technical stuff out of Embolo though it seems that he knows what are his strengths. Keita Balde is much better.

2. Fabian Schar? Much better from the lad from what I have seen before.

3. France? I agree. It seems that it is a composition of individuals instead of a team.

4. Xhaka? No, He was not always great. He was a huge letdown last wc. He has improved a lot in the last 2 years.

1. you will always see people exagersting. Nothing new. He's not even 20 years old, he's not yet a starter for the NT, and this is his first big tournament with the NT. It's not the tournament he's going to explode, but he will if he continues his developement and takes the right decisions for his career and developement.

Embolo is technicaly very good. You can see some nice assists and shots in this season review and even some dribblings (for example around 3:00 minutes):

And in another season review of the season before last season you can even see some crazy shit from CL (if you want to watch).

People should judge him from those minutes in this tournament, neither should people pretend he's already a world class product at an age of 19 and with some EL/CL experience but mostly Swiss League games played. Just like Xhaka he has to go through some tough years in a way better league and proof himself before he can be considered world class. Which leads me to...

4. Yes you're right, Xhaka at the worldcup in Brazil hit rock bottom in his career (also in his club career). Looked like he won't make it. But then, in the past two years, he really improved a lot. Now I think one can comfortably say he's the best Swiss football player around, followed by Sommer (gk) and Shaqiri (talentwise).

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1. you will always see people exagersting. Nothing new. He's not even 20 years old, he's not yet a starter for the NT, and this is his first big tournament with the NT. It's not the tournament he's going to explode, but he will if he continues his developement and takes the right decisions for his career and developement.

Embolo is technicaly very good. You can see some nice assists and shots in this season review and even some dribblings (for example around 3:00 minutes):

And in another season review of the season before last season you can even see some crazy shit from CL (if you want to watch).

People should judge him from those minutes in this tournament, neither should people pretend he's already a world class product at an age of 19 and with some EL/CL experience but mostly Swiss League games played. Just like Xhaka he has to go through some tough years in a way better league and proof himself before he can be considered world class. Which leads me to...

4. Yes you're right, Xhaka at the worldcup in Brazil hit rock bottom in his career (also in his club career). Looked like he won't make it. But then, in the past two years, he really improved a lot. Now I think one can comfortably say he's the best Swiss football player around, followed by Sommer (gk) and Shaqiri (talentwise).

That it is why I am always skeptic when people make any young player from any/every league (non-Italian included) world class already.Kid has some potential but I think Keita Balde has shown more but he is 2 years older.

About Xhaka, I agree that he is the best Swiss player. Though I would include Sommer and Schar as the next best ones. Shaquiri? Sorry but I think he is another Quaresma. Some flashes here and there but never nothing to excite anybody about.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That it is why I am always skeptic when people make any young player from any/every league (non-Italian included) world class already.Kid has some potential but I think Keita Balde has shown more but he is 2 years older.

About Xhaka, I agree that he is the best Swiss player. Though I would include Sommer and Schar as the next best ones. Shaquiri? Sorry but I think he is another Quaresma. Some flashes here and there but never nothing to excite anybody about.

Yeah Embolo is definitely not at the same level of developement like Keita. Both very interesting players but Keita more ready for a bigger stage.

The problem of Shaqiri is that he took some very dumb decisions in his past. At Bayern with Jupp it really looked like he's going to make it, he was used very regularly, most of the time as sub but nevertheless he gained a lot of minutes among incredible high concurence and that at a very young age.

Well then going to Inter as a "saviour" was definitely wrong. He should have picked a smaller team where he is part of a team but not the one supposed to carry the team. He did it now by going to Stoke. It's a better place for him than Inter, that's for sure, but now he's completely off the radars of any big club and I think he needs to return in a club like Wolfsburg to restart his career with all that experience and talent he has.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah Embolo is definitely not at the same level of developement like Keita. Both very interesting players but Keita more ready for a bigger stage.

The problem of Shaqiri is that he took some very dumb decisions in his past. At Bayern with Jupp it really looked like he's going to make it, he was used very regularly, most of the time as sub but nevertheless he gained a lot of minutes among incredible high concurence and that at a very young age.

Well then going to Inter as a "saviour" was definitely wrong. He should have picked a smaller team where he is part of a team but not the one supposed to carry the team. He did it now by going to Stoke. It's a better place for him than Inter, that's for sure, but now he's completely off the radars of any big club and I think he needs to return in a club like Wolfsburg to restart his career with all that experience and talent he has.

Anyways. Shaquiri is pretty funny.

"I hope Puma does not produce condoms."