The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao’s effort as a CF is IMO okay with room for improvement. His effort at winger is nowhere near good enough in Pioli’s system, but he’s also not the type of player that should be running himself into the ground like Rebic can, or like Sael needs to because Sael is pretty crappy outside of his pressing and defensive work rate.

Leao just isn’t suited to play LAM in a 4231. Maybe LW in a 433.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
He's already backup to Rebic on LW. Milan currently don't have the financial resources to support having a 30 mil left wing backup who is not consistently performing.

Plus like you are saying that he can't perform with Pioli and Milan currently don't have any plans to replace Pioli. Then that's even more reason to bring in / keep players that can work well with Pioli.

Imagine considering Rebic as future starter :lol:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
My god, this forum is always black or white. Km's don't always say everything, even tho i'm a big critic of leao...

You have players who love to play with their back to the opponents' goal and who want to receive the ball in their feet to start the action from there, like hazard, leao and so on, and there are players who want to receive the balls in the open space in front of them, and make their action when in movement, so they prefer to play with their face towards the opponents goal. Of course the first type of player will -in general- run less km's; is he therefore less effective/more lazy? No. Next to this, he looks totally demotivated, uninterested and lazy to me, but that's another story.

It's not so difficult to grasp.

They would call Messi and Ronaldinho lazy because Rebic would press more.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Leao?s effort as a CF is IMO okay with room for improvement. His effort at winger is nowhere near good enough in Pioli?s system, but he?s also not the type of player that should be running himself into the ground like Rebic can, or like Sael needs to because Sael is pretty crappy outside of his pressing and defensive work rate.

Leao just isn?t suited to play LAM in a 4231. Maybe LW in a 433.

He is actually more suited as AM or even LM than CF or LW.

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao.......left-midfielder......attacking midfielder....:lol::lol:

And this kid wants Allegri here because he thinks that'll guarantee Leao a spot.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
These fucking injuries man :fp:

They ruined our season and what could very well have been a Scudetto campaign. The fact we held onto first for so long and still sit 2nd I?m choosing to believe is a testament to the quality of our squad and the job our directors and coaches have done.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the current injury problems shouldn't be mixed up with previous ones from earlier this season..

In Aug-Dec we had a bunch of players going missing, but it was mostly COVID, injury-prone players being injured or freak injuries like Rebic's elbow dislocation. Nothing worse than what other teams were enduring during this pandemic.

What we're witnessing lately is something else. In the last weeks it seems everyone is incurring muscle injuries or muscle fatigue.
It's specifically leg muscles, not back problems, ligaments, or tendons.

I remember Pioli expressing that he is amazed by what he has witnessed in training lately. This was before the Spezia game.
Capello visited Milanello around the same time and said he was left speechless by what he saw - there was a huge desire, joy and team spirit according to him.

It seems, and I'm speculating here, that the introduction of a morbidly intense player like Mandzukic, other signings and the return of starters like Ibra, Bennacer & Hakan to a group of overperforming reserves, that all want to start for this Scudetto candidate, lead to spectacularly intense and competitive training sessions. Reports said most players were showing up at Milanello to train even during day offs.

I think we're facing the repercussions of this now. Too much, too soon, not a gradual increase of intensity - that's how you wind up with muscle strains and fatigue.

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
Flamini should buy us out

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan Eye @MilanEye
Milan’s probable lineup vs. Verona according to Sky:
Donnarumma; Calabria, Tomori, Romagnoli, Dalot; Kessie, Meite; Castillejo, Krunic, Saelemaekers; Leao

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan Eye @MilanEye
Milan?s probable lineup vs. Verona according to Sky:
Donnarumma; Calabria, Tomori, Romagnoli, Dalot; Kessie, Meite; Castillejo, Krunic, Saelemaekers; Leao

Yikkkkkkkes

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
So our subs will be what..Kjaer, Brahim, Maldini, Gabbia and Tatarusanu? :lol:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Brahim Diaz (not Hauge or Maldini) is the next Locatelli, Silva, Paqueta. Another talent destined to do well.

And I’m always the guy to tell you that, because you are so bad at looking to individual talent.

Last edited:

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Yeah Hauge & Rebic have.

Rebic did. Hauge did not. Both are our players and can be sold for profit anytime we want. Brahim would be around 20 mil and personally I dont think he's worth it. He had a flash of briliance every now and then but that was too rarely to justify the price tag. I hope we send him back and move to someone else who could have a bigger impact

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Brahim Diaz is the next Locatelli, Silva, Paqueta. Another talent destined to do well.

And I?m always the guy to tell you that, because you are so bad at looking to individual talent.

Yes he might be in a non physical league but not in serie a where the defenders are just bouncing him around. And imo he's not that special on the ball, you dont see him beat a defender often

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Given the very unusual record of injuries in our squad, that hopefully won't cost us top 4, Pioli's way of training can be very injury-prone, or we have a medical staff that just graduated high school. But injuries have been our thing for the last decade, if I remember correctly, so it might be the second one. Milanlab has become a big jok since Meersseman left

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Yes he might be in a non physical league but not in serie a where the defenders are just bouncing him around. And imo he's not that special on the ball, you dont see him beat a defender often

He has more dribbles than our other players. But you don?t see. I?m not surprised.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Corriere dello Sport: doubts of the financial community on the interest of the WLT fund for Milan. Some rumors have labeled Jukov's interest as a "publicity stunt". Elliott hasn't received any offers to date.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
He has more dribbles than our other players. But you don?t see. I?m not surprised.

He doesnt have the most..but he is in top5. But his carries, progressive distance etc. is super shit, he's got even lower than castillejo and tonali. So what good is it to dribble past a player so you can pass back to kjaer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule