Italian Football Thread III

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
If only we had some really good strikers and some decent wingers that could play instead of Bonaventura in a proper system, if only.
Last I checked...we have had very little problem scoring goals.

It's the defense and midfield that's worrying.

While the Paqueta addition is a very welcome surprise, we need atleast one if not two more quality midfielders. Hopefully someone like Paredes arrives. He will be an ideal Biglia replacement. Barella would be welcome too but he is too expensive atm. Maybe if we can convince Fabregas to take a pay cut, that would be great. Ideally two of Paredes and Denis Suarez(on loan) will give us very good options in midfield.

As for defense, with Caldara out for 3 months if we can get someone like Rodrigo Caio on the cheap that would be great.

Attack option is obviously Ibra.

IN: Ibra, Suarez (on loan), Paqueta, Paredes, Caio

OUT: Bertolacci, Mauri, Borini, Montolivo, Halilovic (no point keeping him if hes not gonna play)

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
We have problems in both midfield and defence. In midfield, it's more a case of over-reliance on Kessie and Biglia. Without these guys, I can't see us playing cohesively at all. We need replacements in the winter here desperately - Barella

Barella openly admitted to supporting Merda. No thank you...

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Icardi is one of the best penalty box strikers in the world, but I think you are wrong - this is largely a Spalletti team. IMO at Inter the whole has finally become greater than the sum of individual parts. The team is well organised, the new possession based football style is starting to work, the passing and movement of players has improved. And the players are fighting till the very end. This is the hallmark of a good coach at work.

Yes, this system is still too dependent on a few players. Specially Brozovic and Icardi. Handanovic and the CBs are vital too, but Inter have 3 quality CBs so are not so dependent on any particular one too much. I would say Inter are more dependent on Brozovic than Icardi at the mo.

I don't agree at all.. And I think Vecino has been fantastic for you guys recently, more so than Brozovic. Spalletti will implode eventually (just like Inter will).. it's just a matter of time. The question is whether Icardi would still be around to save you guys or not.

We've been having this conversation almost every season now without fail :lol: In October you are optimistic, I say you will implode. Inevitably that happens by January.

Better than Juventus? Come on, surely even you don't believe that. Juve easily have the best attack in the league, maybe even the world at the moment.

Hmm no. You are falling for the Cristiano hype. As an attacking unit, we have more potential. But of course, that's all pointless I agree. The team needs to click.

Also attack are very dependent on the quality of midfield they are built upon, and in this respect Juve are a head & shoulder ahead of anyone else in the league. Followed by Napoli, who are still surprisingly good even after Jorginho left. And this is an area where Milan and Inter are missing something.

Yes, that's captain obvious material. There's no disputing the fact that Juventus has the best team in the league. Milan are still quite a bit behind Juve and Napoli.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Barella openly admitted to supporting Merda. No thank you...

He's such an un-Inter player though. Let's forgive the mistakes of his childhood. Barella is a potential Gattuso with better technique on the ball. We need him. Also he's a young captain. I love young captains.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
No we don't. he is average. paqueta and paredes are far better. Inter is the second best team in serier a
If you are objective you wouls realize how good they are. Their depth is what makes the difference. Sure our best team may be on par with them without a doubt but our subs are relatively mediocre.
Personally I think inter has 3 kept players that make a difference. Icardi, brozovic and perisic if he is in form.

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I don't agree at all.. And I think Vecino has been fantastic for you guys recently, more so than Brozovic. Spalletti will implode eventually (just like Inter will).. it's just a matter of time. The question is whether Icardi would still be around to save you guys or not.

We've been having this conversation almost every season now without fail :lol: In October you are optimistic, I say you will implode. Inevitably that happens by January.

Vecino better than Brozovic? I doubt you will find any Inter fan who will agree to that, not even the Vecino fans at FIF will agree. Brozovic is the engine, the regista, while Vecino is the legs. Without Brozovic, I can't see Inter play this new possession style effectively - he is the one who distributes the ball.

If you think Inter/Spalletti "imploded" last season, then you probably had unrealistic expectations after a good start. IMO Inter did pretty much on par last season. Of course over the course of 10 months there are ups and downs. Inter are in good form at the moment, there will be a time this season when Inter play poorly. But overall, this Inter are good enough for 3rd or 4th place finish, and I believe thats where Inter will finish, implosion or whatever. However, I like what Inter are gradually building, and slowly the gap with Napoli & Juve is being narrowed every year.

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
to beat inter, all we have to do next time is corral brozovic and put pressure on him by man marking very tightly. Stop brozovic, half the threat is gone. Icardi is good in the penalty box but the ball needs to get there in the first place. Stop brozovic and perisic then we are good. easier said than done because biglia is a bitch. So hopefully paqueta and kessie make the difference.

Last edited:

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Did someone actually say Vecino is fantastic and better than Brozovic? Vecino probably has the worst first touch and passing in all of Serie A. Saying Vecino is better than Brozovic is like saying Sturaro is better than Pjanic.

Brozovic is actually excellent and quite important for Croatia, who have one of the best midfielders in the world. Vecino is similar to Nocerino except he scores less but important goals.

Inter's best players are definitely Brozovic and Skriniar. Icardi is a good scorer but average at everything else.

Can't believe people fall for Ronaldo's hype. He's only been scoring insane amount of goals and winning an insane number of awards. Best attack definitely includes Calhanoglu. True, he hardly plays a good game but if he played amazing, it would be the best attack. Similar to how if De Sciglio played like a prime Cafu, he's be thr best right back in the league.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Did someone actually say Vecino is fantastic and better than Brozovic? Vecino probably has the worst first touch and passing in all of Serie A. Saying Vecino is better than Brozovic is like saying Sturaro is better than Pjanic.

Brozovic is actually excellent and quite important for Croatia, who have one of the best midfielders in the world. Vecino is similar to Nocerino except he scores less but important goals.

Inter's best players are definitely Brozovic and Skriniar. Icardi is a good scorer but average at everything else.

Can't believe people fall for Ronaldo's hype. He's only been scoring insane amount of goals and winning an insane number of awards. Best attack definitely includes Calhanoglu. True, he hardly plays a good game but if he played amazing, it would be the best attack. Similar to how if De Sciglio played like a prime Cafu, he's be thr best right back in the league.

lol des sciglio fodder cucm piece of shit.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Dont you think so? Higuain is close to cRon despite the several less matches played.

Vecino better than Brozovic? I doubt you will find any Inter fan who will agree to that, not even the Vecino fans at FIF will agree. Brozovic is the engine, the regista, while Vecino is the legs. Without Brozovic, I can't see Inter play this new possession style effectively - he is the one who distributes the ball.

FIF is probably even worse than the commoders here. Vecino is the one who has been sending in all the important passes and popping up whenever you needed a saviour to assist St. Icardi. Who scored the goal last season against Lazio in week 38? Who floated that pass that led to Icardi's goal in the derby? Accept it or not, Vecino is the x-factor in a team that's otherwise just Mauro Icardi and mediocrity.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Dont you think so? Higuain is close to cRon despite the several less matches played.

FIF is probably even worse than the commoders here. Vecino is the one who has been sending in all the important passes and popping up whenever you needed a saviour to assist St. Icardi. Who scored the goal last season against Lazio in week 38? Who floated that pass that led to Icardi's goal in the derby? Accept it or not, Vecino is the x-factor in a team that's otherwise just Mauro Icardi and mediocrity.

he also scored the winner in stoppage time vs spurs

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Pretty sure I saw a stat that days Perisic assists Icardi way more than Vecino does. That's like saying Eder is the X-Factor in a mediocre Portugal team because he scored the winning goal in the Euro final.

Vecino is clutch in the sense he makes one good move a game and is shit for the other 99% of it. Also if you're bringing up Vecino's assist in the derby, doesn't that mean Brozovic is also great since he assisted Vecino's goal against Lazio in week 38? In fact, if you check the stats, Brozovic had more goals, assists, passes than Vecino.

Either way, Icardi is a bit overrated. Almost every goal he scores is set up by another player as he hardly ever scored individual goals. Inter's attack isn't even good if you look at the top goals scores, while their defence is typically in top 3 of least goals conceded for the last 2 years. So saying the best part of Inter's team is their attack (Icardi and Vecino - who is a midfielder but spends most of the game in thr opposition box and doesn't defend) makes very little sense. It's like saying the reason Chievo has been staying in Serie A is their amazing attack and fluent football they play.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Either way, Icardi is a bit overrated..

He's the best footballer to play in Serie A since Zlatan left. Not remotely over-rated. Has been criminally under-rated the last two seasons, even by Inter fans and ultras.

he also scored the winner in stoppage time vs spurs

yup, he has become this sly fox-like player whom you can never take your eyes off.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
He's the best footballer to play in Serie A since Zlatan left.

higuain-gif-1.gif

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
higgy defintiely better than icardi

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's the best footballer to play in Serie A since Zlatan left. Not remotely over-rated. Has been criminally under-rated the last two seasons, even by Inter fans and ultras.

yup, he has become this sly fox-like player whom you can never take your eyes off.

You are an embarrassment to this forum

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan 2nd now in goals scored, just 1 goal behind Juve. Marvelous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Best finisher inside the box? Sure.
Best footballer? Far from it. You'll realize that eventually.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
There’s not one thing I like about inter Milan

Even the Blue line guy. Don’t like him

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
you don't like steven zhang?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I had banned him the other day but I kinda like him too.

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
to beat inter, all we have to do next time is corral brozovic and put pressure on him by man marking very tightly. Stop brozovic, half the threat is gone. Icardi is good in the penalty box but the ball needs to get there in the first place. Stop brozovic and perisic then we are good. easier said than done because biglia is a bitch. So hopefully paqueta and kessie make the difference.

This is quite true, unfortunately. If you close our Brozovic and stop him from distribution the ball, you could isolate Inter's attack from the rest of the team. Perisic isn't all that this season, has been in poor form so far as he probably hasn't yet recovered from all that running during the world cup.

I was just implying that maybe you haven't seen Inter play often enough this season to make this judgement. Vecino has his moments and his work rate definitely helps, but its Brozovic around whom Inter are built.

And the rest of the Inter squad isn't mediocre, IMO Inter's CBs are the best in the league, Handanovic & Nainggolan are top class players as well along with Icardi & Brozovic... as is Perisic though he is not showing it so far this season.

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
One thing is certain about printer - they've got good depth this season, which is why they'll probably finish above us.

Schedule