Votes: 36 42.4%

• Total voters

justiface

Geddy Lee's Bass
Reaction score
Fav. Players
geddy lee - kaka - Georges St-Pierre - Sheva - Nesta
i just want leo remain as our coach..

if mou shouting he won treble with inter who have superior squad, lets give him milan squad, ill bet he'll never finish milan more than the bottom three.. but leo already gave us champions league football next season.. that is a very wonderful thing to achieve prior to our squad full of lazy and injury plagued player...

guardiola, SAF, mou, etc can be proud with their achievements but will they able to bring glory to milan with this current squad?? fukin pellegrini is the worst, stupid coach..

i'd say, even if we didnt sign any top rated player we still can win UCL and scudetto, just let leo pick his own transfer, if he doesnt like krasic, dunt sign him, let him pick leon, he dont like huntelaar why on earth b&g dunt sign fabiano which is cheaper and surely on leo's favour... leo know what he does, even if he sign oldies, he should know that he need to win or else we would hate him..

forza leo!!!

E

Esoteric

so now Van Basten is a shitty coach ? Do you think Leonardo could have done better with Netherlands and Ajax ? I don't think so. You just look in a very narrow way. Van Basten just alone being Van Basten will bring a spark to the team just like Baresi said. He will motivate players like Huntelaar and Borriello ( or whoever comes), and set Pato to be one of the best strikers in the world. He has those abilities. He also knows how to balance between defense and offense and will give the young guys a chance since he doesn't mind showing some command unlike Leonardo who was always looked at as a buddy. I don't think Van Basten is the perfect choice, but Leonardo will be gone, and since we won't be getting no Hiddink and Capello, we might as well take advantage of some guy with balls like Van Basten, who loves this club very much and has everything to prove here.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
MVB was terrible at Ajax and when he left and the new coach came in ridiculed everything that MVB had set in motion, so in all MVB was terrible at Ajax and doesn't deserve to manage Milan ATM. Maybe if he gains more experience.

And i know Leo had no experience, but he did well in his first job, MVB did at Holland but then failed epicly at Ajax.

andyhello23

Banned
Reaction score
Ajax are going through a rough period at mo. A club that was built on there youth policy not there team really. If the youth dries up like it has done at the mo, ajax will be poor.

Things are more complex than just 1+1=2

Krash

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Everybody here agrees that Milan need to spend for better result ( I do not think any other coach would have given us a better result this year ), and if we are to invest, I want Leo to stay and see how he does with players he actually wants.

Leo has actually surprised the most, I have only seen few so called football pundits criticise him.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, even Capello would not be able to do wonders with the current squad, so if we are gonna spend, I'd love to see how Leo would do with it.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Van Basten: "This is no time to talk about my possible future in Milan"

Van Basten: "This is no time to talk about my possible future in Milan"

08/05/2010 18:25 by Federico Gambaro
Source: repubblica.it

b638225b470bd2761fa001b7a14ef96e-1273336418.jpeg

© photo of James Morini

Talk Marco Van Basten. Intercepted by "Telelombardia" the Swan of Utrecht responded to questions from reporters about the possible future in AC Milan, at the helm of AC Milan. The Dutch, however, pointing out that this bites the brake, even for existing commitments of the devil, is not the right time to talk: "Let's talk about this when the time is right now is not the time. Milan is involved in Championship: I say nothing, it is not right. I am always happy here in Milan, but fans should think about the championship, not just talk about it now. "

saby

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
soo in other words, MVB will talk about coaching Milan after we secure CL spot, just like Leo said he'll only think about his future after that. i really really really don't want leo to leave, those times when we actually had a pretty healthy squad, we played some awesome attacking football under him. another good thing that B. has screwed up, wtg gas bag

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
I think we have to accept that Van Basten is going to be taking over in the summer.

I just hope he does not turn into another of Silvio's puppets.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Have this thread always been official or did it get official after the recent "now it's not the time to talk" from van basten and leo?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Just realized this was an official thread. Although it hasn't been stickied yet i don't think.

Oh it has. You lot have really jumped the gun here, although it will probably happen, it's still really quite early to be sure that it will happen.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If MVB is our coach, I am sure of investments. Else's he's not coming here. Galliani's greatest signing ever and Berlu's greatest man crush - he can make Berlu spend some cash more than anyone.

He has said many many times last 2 years that our current squad is not good enough and we need investments.

“I remember that Milan ruled the market twenty years ago. The truth is that if you don’t buy, improving the squad becomes difficult.

“If the club does not go back to spending, it’s hard to be competitive.”

2 of his quotes in last 6 months. He knows what we need and won't come here unless we invest. And unlike Berlu's treatment to Leonardo by criticizin him every now and then for his coaching and by saying we are champions and no new players r required, he will not dare to abuse MVB in public as our fans won't forgive that.

Once we were midtable material and everythin changed with the dutch trio in 80's. Hopefully MVB as coach will start our next rise.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Have this thread always been official or did it get official after the recent "now it's not the time to talk" from van basten and leo?

No, it was moved simply since we have a few legends here. Not because he's linked with Milan job.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Fair enough.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Sounds like he's coming. Can't decide what I think of it yet.

Agree so much, if we win against Genoa, highly likely. Then i would prefer it if Leo left and MVB got a test against Juve with a nearly full strength team.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Sounds like he's coming. Can't decide what I think of it yet.
Me neither. I followed him closely for a few years now.

I have some arguments that makes me think its a really good choice. But there are also a few things that make me doubt about it.

Btw saw this picture:
sxca41e5152.jpg

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Leo looks like a fool, either edit the pic or remove, we can't drag his good name and face:D through the mud like that. :tongue::D:):proud::tongue::star::proud::star::)

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about MVB either... But I'm willing to give him a chance, we all should do that.

And also like some of you have mentioned, he have said in the past that reinforcements are needed, and are one of the few that can make silvio invest.

But I really will miss Leo, no doubt about that.

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
You guys who claim he'd demand a good transfer budget, where is that notion coming from? That sounds good to me, but I still don't see why we wouldn't try to grab someone who's already coaching right now and has enjoyed some success at it. Leo is an exception.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
MVB could indeed get a good budget since he is one of Silvio's golden boy and if what they said Silvio really wan't MVB to coach us is right..I am sure he might get all the help he can get from Silvio :tongue:

Leva

Primavera
Reaction score
Response to hearing the transfer budget?!

lol, nice

But to be fair, many have no idea what Italy's finacial picture looks like nor do they even understand it.

My work or business has to do with finance or better yet world commodities, and honestly B has no choice but to take the stature he has with the euro and Italian economy being what it is.

It is easy being an arm chair fan and demanding this transfer and that and persecuting B for being a negligent owner, but most have no idea what they are talking about or have any relevance in their argument/plea other than they are unhappy Milan is not winning or buying any new players. They cannot fathom economic situation and the effect it has on the transfer of money from country to country. A euro is euro but it all depends on the country it is being transferred in and their economic status.

I do not blame B for taking the measures he has. It is neither economically feasible or viable to make the transactions fans are calling for. It is literally impossible. And nobody is going to spoon feed fans with economic and financial forecasts, facts, and budgets because most will not bother crunching the numbers or even give an f, because all they are concerned about is the team winning with no regards or thought that the team ultimately is a business to the owner with a multitude of fiscal responsibilities and problems. Fiscal responsibilities or problems they will never be bothered with. The only thing they are bothered with is the need to vent their frustration and critique of managerial skills towards them when Milan looses. That obviously passes within an hour and they go on worrying about their school work or whatever other minuscule problems they have while Milan Inc. has to worry about pleasing them next week. We all feel entitled because we bought a jersey and watch them on tv here and there and fuck them because they are uber rich because they sold Kaka, lol.

Everyone understands football clubs are not bought to make profits, but if you have to go on the heavy minus to support them I would stop and ask for revisions to the clubs budget too. Fiscally, it is the only responsible thing to do.

Honestly, with Italy's economic picture and future obviously based on speculation regarding other bigger world markets direction that basically dictate the future of Italy, B and Milan will be the last man standing and the likes of the Inter's and Roma's and Juve's will be begging to stay afloat with their level of leverage.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Very sensible post.

People think that the world's economy is slowly recovering ... and that we've already seen worst of this "recession." When the truth is, most stock markets aren't even close to where they were in 2007-2008 ... and the only reason why we've seen an improvement of late is because more money was printed from thin air yet again, creating a "bailout bubble". When that pops, we're going to be in even more shit than we were when the initial bubble popped in 09.

I mean, what sense is there in stating the economy is recovering because customers are spending again? Where are these customers getting this money from? Is it not from even more loaned money? Shouldn't economies grow with increased production from factories/companies rather than people simply loaning more to buy more useless stuff?

What we saw in Greece is just the tip of the iceberg. You have people rioting in the streets stating their discontent with a plutocratic society - of which Berlu certainly is one. Wouldn't he just be putting his head on the line if he were to spend even more millions, than he already does, on his play-toy - Milan?

That said, I'm not asking him to spend millions. But instill a long-term plan within the club, and see that the mismanagement of funds is reduced. When its all said and done, he is responsible for Galliani + Co.'s decisions. He's the only person they have to answer to, and our current trend of stop-gap signings + large contract extensions is clearly just flushing money down the toilet.

Milan can be better managed than that. We have one of the highest player wage bills in all of football, yet ... our squad isn't as competitive/complete as a lot of teams running on a much lesser wage bill. If this isn't the first sign of mismanagement, then I don't know what is.

Also, if he wants Milan to run independently without much investment, then he should bring in a manager who knows how to do so + leave him to it. Rather than bring in players of his liking such as Dinho who we've spent a fortune on.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of tactics MVB likes to use? What formation, offensive of defensive?

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I know there is better option for our coach but I just cant say NO to this guy.
One of the greatest player I v seen :proud:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I'm pretty sure he likes offensive football, although more of a european kind to a samba brazilian kind like Leo.

adieet

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He used 4-2-3-1 for the Netherland NT. Scrapping the 4-3-3.