Backdoor into the Champions league

Reaction score
It's not related to sevilla, not even to uefa ranking, the club which is behind CSKA Sofia in their league will take place

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldo, Pato, Seedorf, Nesta, Gourcuff,Inzaghi.......
t41987 said:
It's not related to sevilla, not even to uefa ranking, the club which is behind CSKA Sofia in their league will take place

what if they are also having financial problems? :cool:

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
Jasper said:
I see 2 scenarios:
1) BFU instates another club to that place
2) Moratti will splash some cash to CSKA Sofia so they can solve their money problems.

lol at the 2nd point :D
but i would like the CL that we are really qualify. not some from CSKA Sofia finance problem or Porto got banned. but i never think that Berlusconi would brings many lucks like this since he was elected as PM.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Is this BS?

6/4/2008 5:32 AM
Milan Set To Be Handed Champions League Place
Milan are on the verge of being handed a place in next season’s Champions League as a replacement for Bulgarian side CSKA Sofia.

* Stampa Articolo
* Invia ad un amico
* Contatta la redazione

Milan Set To Be Handed Champions League Place
galleria zoom

The Rossoneri missed out on a place in Europe’s premier club competition after they only finished fifth in Serie A, following a hugely disappointing campaign.

Carlo Ancelotti’s men, who have been the dominant side in the competition over the past six years, winning two editions, and reaching a final, semi-final and quarter-final, were gearing themselves to play in the UEFA Cup in 2008/09.

However the Diavoli could now be on the verge of being granted a sensational back-door entry back into the Champions League. Bulgarian champions CSKA Sofia could be expelled from the competition due to financial problems, and indeed the Bulgarian FA has demanded that they be thrown out immediately.

Therefore a replacement would need to be found, and this would be Milan, as they are highest UEFA ranked team not already in the competition.

The Rossoneri would enter at the second preliminary round, and it would mean that Italy would have five teams in the Champions League, the others being Inter, Roma, Juventus and Fiorentina.

Roberto Rossi

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
drucurl said:
can you picture how the interistas will laugh at us and call us hypocrites if we get in throught the coefficient rule. I think there is a rule limiting the amount of clubs comming from one country though so this news only concerns me regarding the acquisition of Ricardo Quaresma and prevent Kaka from resorting to doing drugs or worse thinking about leaving to cope with our lack of width

I personally dont care what interistas say. Liverpool got in at 5th. It'll all be forgotten once the competition starts. And as much as the humility will do Milan good, its going to be lonely when champions league comes on all year and Milan are not mentioned.

BTW Mourinho to chelsea is my worst nightmare. All my bandwagon chelsea fans (I live in america, they are VERY popular being as, there rise coincided w/ espn carrying champions league) are now supporting inter. I walked by the Nike store the other day and there was a LARGE inter jersey.. AAAH

MilanDelaware

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Gullit, Rijkaard, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Albertini, Gattuso
chely said:
LISBON, June 4 (Reuters) - Porto have been excluded from next season's Champions League by European soccer's governing body UEFA over the alleged bribery of referees in the 2003-04 season, the Portuguese club said in a statement on Wednesday.

Porto said it would try to overturn the decision through the UEFA appeals body. The club gave no further details and its officials were not immediately available to comment.
espnsoccernet

Was that the year Jose was coach?

Reaction score
Out of concuretion

I think that we will hardly get to CL. First, we were 4th in the league and second we were three times in finals in past five years. Who you think will call us? If we go to CL I think it will be 8th time that we win CL. This year is dedicated to all European clubs who were in our shadow, good luck fellows! Play your game!

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
There is a certain truth to what has been reported in the media, whether that is going to occur is a whole separate matter. However, why should we humbly accept UEFA Cup? Should we accept it like we had to humbly accept Intermerda rorting the domestic competition for the past 3 seasons?

Please don't give me this BS. If Milan had any opportunity to play in the UCL you'd all accept it. If we happen to be awarded the spot I'd bet you who deny not wanting to play in the UCL would be the first ones to parade around the street naked and paint each one of your balls red and black.

:tongue:

LOL, well sorry I didn't get back in time to reply before this bullshit story was exposed just like I said it would be. It was bollocks from the begining, even a basic understanding of the rules, hell even common sense, tells you that what that "scoop" was saying simply couldn't happen.

Oh! and to answer your other question, "when will a rulling be made?", -well NEVER! Just like there will never need to be a rulling on wether the Earth is flat or not.

To be blunt, anyone who was willing to believe that crap at face value is... a complete idiot. Incidently i've got some magic beans for sale, fancy buying some? :rolleyes:

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Levski is set to replace CSKA in Champions League !!

Source: SOCCERNET.COM

SOFIA, June 4 (Reuters) - Bulgarian league runners-up Levski Spartak will replace champions CSKA Sofia in next season's Champions League if their local rivals are banned from European competition, Levski owner Todor Batkov said on Wednesday.

The Bulgarian Football Union (BFU) said on Tuesday CSKA faced a European ban and expulsion from the domestic league after failing to meet licensing criteria. CSKA president Alexandar Tomov said his club would appeal.

Batkov said Levski were not prepared for the Champions League but would take part to avoid a possible sanctions.

'Morally and from a sporting point of view we're not ready for the Champions League but we have to consider our situation as we'll be punished if we refuse to take part,' Batkov told Nova TV.

CSKA won their 31st league title a month ago to earn a place in the Champions League's third qualifying round, which would now go to their traditional foes, who finished second in the domestic championship.

'One way or another, Bulgaria has a (Champions League) quota and I think it's normal to fill the vacancy,' Batkov said.

'UEFA's mercy is CSKA's only chance to keep their Champions League place. In my opinion, however, the chances of that happening are very slim.'

The BFU said CSKA did not meet BFU Licensing Commission conditions because the club owed money to the National Social Security Institute, National Revenue Agency and creditors.

The BFU has sent a letter to UEFA asking the European governing body to give CSKA an extension to meet the criteria.

Levski were the first Bulgarian club to contest the Champions League's group stage in 2006 and the prospect of playing in the biggest European club tournament once again has given fans cause for optimism.

'It's just unbelievable,' Levski fan Valentin Angelov said. 'We should be called 'The Idiots Of Europe' if we missed the chance of playing against the top continental clubs.'

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
if we sign a bulgarian (berbatov) can we have there spot? :-)

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
I also heard that Porto will get kicked out as well.

Billy_69

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...
Steaua Buccharest is risking exclusion also, come on release some Inter tapes Cavaliere =)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
sadly a 20 point penalty... and inter would still be in UCL

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB
Pooria said:
Is the table trustable?
I mean what is this site "http://www.xs4all.nl" ? It`s not uefa`s official site...
And we`re the top team:eek:!?!?!?
Whats surprising about us being a top team in europe??......we have done pretty good in the UCL the last years.....its not weird we are very well ranked

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Tsar said:
:tongue:

LOL, well sorry I didn't get back in time to reply before this bullshit story was exposed just like I said it would be. It was bollocks from the begining, even a basic understanding of the rules, hell even common sense, tells you that what that "scoop" was saying simply couldn't happen.

Oh! and to answer your other question, "when will a rulling be made?", -well NEVER! Just like there will never need to be a rulling on wether the Earth is flat or not.

To be blunt, anyone who was willing to believe that crap at face value is... a complete idiot. Incidently i've got some magic beans for sale, fancy buying some? :rolleyes:
Basic understanding of the rules?
This coming from the same bloke who believed Sevilla have a higher UEFA Coefficient than Milan. WDL.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
t41987 said:
then the next team will take place , an so on :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D :D
But only bulgarian teams :tongue:
so basically, until bulgaria attacks Italy, and ends up conquering italy, and Milan plays in the Bulgarian TBI A League, and qualifies in the top 3 of THAT, we cannot get into the CL using this route.

I think its easier to plan to qualify next year ;)

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
seems whatever Kyara wishes for... we get the exact opposite...
Now there's one more wish remaining for this summer, then we'll see if you're right :D

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
N3d0 said:
I also heard that Porto will get kicked out as well.

still that wont give us the key to the CL next season :)

here is the rules from CL :

http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/19071.pdf

i quote the important point :

1.01 :
UEFA member associations may enter a certain number of clubs for the
competition, in accordance with their position in the coefficient rankings in
Annex Ia, drawn up in accordance with Annex II of these regulations.
However, no association may enter more than four clubs for the competition.
These rankings also determine the stage at which clubs join the competition.

1.07 :
A club which is not admitted to the competition shall be replaced by the next
best-placed club in the top domestic league championship of the same
national association
, provided it fulfils the admission criteria. In this case, the
access list for the UEFA Club Competitions (Annex Ia) will be adjusted
accordingly.

so it's clearly that we wont be a part of CL. so 1st target next season would be SCUDETTO ;)

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten