Alessio Romagnoli Thread

jasiom

AC Milan Capitan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini (always), Ambrosini, Pato, Huntelaar.
Romagnoli_Milan.jpg

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
would be a dream if we can steal him right now

he'll be even more expensive in the next years

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
My only worry about signing this guy is the mass mispronunciation of his name by English commentators that awaits us when he becomes famous with us.

adit

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
there is Rumor that Arsenal wants Kostas Manolas, if Manolas moves to EPL, it would be more difficult for us to sign Romagnoli since Roma would have less CB

or can't we just sign Manolas instead ? :D #wishfulthinking

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
there is Rumor that Arsenal wants Kostas Manolas, if Manolas moves to EPL, it would be more difficult for us to sign Romagnoli since Roma would have less CB

or can't we just sign Manolas instead ? :D #wishfulthinking

Castan's coming back so I doubt it.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
My only worry about signing this guy is the mass mispronunciation of his name by English commentators that awaits us when he becomes famous with us.

You don't want Row-mag-know-lee?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
You don't want Row-mag-know-lee?
The Milaaahn centreback Andreah Rowmagknowlee.. Very strong lad.. Should fancy a move to the Premier League in a couple of years time..

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
from the videos, he's kind a like a Covering-CB-type.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
I like the sound of this guy, are we any closer to signing him yet?

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
This is going to take a while ... right now is probably a staring contest to see which side balks first and changes the price. The way that I see it, is that no other teams is even remotely interested in Romagnoli at 20 mill so Galliani can afford to take his time with this one and in the meantime see what else moves in the transfer market.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really really hope we will get Romagnoli

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
^^^ I am as near to certain we will get him as obvious as it seems we get Ibra. I would be more stunned than anything this transfer window if we don't sign Ibra and Alessio.

Who else though ?

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Meh, Roma is dragging this for many reasons, the most obvious is that this way the price of Romagnoli increases and if a foreign team comes knocking, he'll be sold without a second thought

I hope Romagnoli plays a couple of friendlies with Roma and plays like shit, that will bring the price down. At Roma he's currently behind Yanga Mbiwa, a defender bought for less than 10 mill a year ago ...

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wow, we had a 25m bid rejected earlier today according to GdS and Milan Channel... Can't see us going Amy higher, and it'd be stupid if I'm honest

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
25m rejected? :eek:
Is he that special lool

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Mihajlovic when asked about Romagnoli

"I adore strawberries but they should not cost as much as oysters" :lol:

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not surprised its going the way its going.

Sadly this is more milans fault then anything else. The roster for years was pathetic and now the club is in a hurry so the coach can prepare the team as best as he can. WIth all the changes milan will want new players as quickly as they can get them so they dont miss preparation. Other clubs are in no hurry to sell since its july and will just take advantage of that.

The Milaaahn centreback Andreah Rowmagknowlee.. Very strong lad.. Should fancy a move to the Premier League in a couple of years time..

But is he brave enough?

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Galliani's comment about Witsel that we wont go after him anymore and that the only objective is a central defender is hopefully not true

If we don't get Witsel oh well, but to say that we only need 1 central defender and that's it is not good.

If Chelsea do get Witsel, then we should try and get Ramires

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
Mihajlovic when asked about Romagnoli

"I adore strawberries but they should not cost as much as oysters" :lol:

that made me chuckle too :)

problem is, we need a CB...and everybody knows it

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
that made me chuckle too :)

problem is, we need a CB...and everybody knows it

Funny thing is that there was an article on France Football of the top 50 most promising young players (20 year old and under) and Romagnoli didn't make the list. On the other hand, you have someone like Tin Jedvaj on the 40th place and that guy was sold this January from Roma for 7 million to Bayern Leverkussen even though he was bought only a year earlier for 5 million. Rugani is on the 35th spot.

This link has the screenshots ...
https://twitter.com/BilouFCB/status/620979597174251520/photo/1

My point is that Romagnoli is not the new Nesta or Cannavaro, he's a decent young player who in the Roma ladder is after Yanga Mbiwa, a central defender that Roma bought this year for 7-8 million. Manolas was bought for 13 mill last year.

Yes, Mihajlovic wants him ... let's not forget that Garcia also wanted Gervinho (who granted had a great first season and a very average second season and is about to be sold). Allegri wanted Matri, Pochetino wanted Osvaldo, Conte wanted Giaccherini, Mancini wanted Balotelli, Mourinho wanted Quaresma.
Destro and Borini were considered top talent after their first seasons, and look what their value is now...

We don't know what's gonna happen with a 20 year old. That's a period of time when things change very rapidly. This year he'll think he can break the world, next year he'll look at a chick and he'll be head over heels and forget about soccer. Spending 25 or 30 million for him is very rushed. The people that think that with him our defense will be fine for the next 10 years, are the same people that thought that De Sciglio was top 3 fullbacks in the world ... A Maldini, Baresi, Nesta is born so rarely not because there are no players with potential but because very few talented players are so consistent in their training and growth.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yes, Mihajlovic wants him ... let's not forget that Garcia also wanted Gervinho (who granted had a great first season and a very average second season and is about to be sold). Allegri wanted Matri, Pochetino wanted Osvaldo, Conte wanted Giaccherini, Mancini wanted Balotelli, Mourinho wanted Quaresma.
Destro and Borini were considered top talent after their first seasons, and look what their value is now...

We don't know what's gonna happen with a 20 year old. That's a period of time when things change very rapidly. This year he'll think he can break the world, next year he'll look at a chick and he'll be head over heels and forget about soccer. Spending 25 or 30 million for him is very rushed. The people that think that with him our defense will be fine for the next 10 years, are the same people that thought that De Sciglio was top 3 fullbacks in the world ... A Maldini, Baresi, Nesta is born so rarely not because there are no players with potential but because very few talented players are so consistent in their training and growth.
:star:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Yup, and Brendan Rodgers tried bringing Joe Allen and Sigurdsson with him from Swansea and didn't hide his bitterness when Tottenham out-bidded them for the latter.

Coaches want players that they know, players who give them some kind of guarantee, even if it's players that are not that great.

If Romagnoli flops, then Mihajlovic will probably not be here to suffer the financial repercussions of a 30m flop. You think Miha will be our coach in 2017/18?

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
A youth product of Roma, Romagnoli was surprisingly included despite his 17 years of age by new head coach Zdeněk Zeman in the first team squad. Romagnoli made his senior debut on 11 December 2012 against Atalanta, playing the full game as a starter.He then made his Serie A debut twelve days later, as a substitute in the final minutes of a league game against Milan (Roma v Milan 4-2).
:eek:

Tdotboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
they must believe this kid is a pure gem, way too much $ but Miha knows more than we do...high bust high reward type deal, if he ends up being great than were set for 10 years...but if he is a bust, thats gonna hurt

xerooption

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Baggio, Inzaghi, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Sheva, Totti, Cassano, Messi, Buffon, Gattuso
C'mon Milan, just choke up another 5 million!!! U got some good players now, just get the kid and shore up the defense,

Plan B is Ezequiel Garay?? Really...that's how u f*(k up the club's future by acquiring sh*t ball players.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
If Romagnoli flops, then Mihajlovic will probably not be here to suffer the financial repercussions of a 30m flop. You think Miha will be our coach in 2017/18?

Which is exactly why I wouldn't want to spend 30 million for Romagnoli, even if Mihajlovic approves his buy, it's outside of any logic and will inflate any prices that we pay for the next year ... because it will show that we don't mind overpaying large amounts for a player.

Oh, and I forgot Capello - Cassano when they went to Real Madrid :D ...