The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 10-02-2019, 06:14   #4101
Sage
Phase 2

adesanya did not look impressive at all, waiting for the decision.

I have it 29-28 adesanya
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:23   #4102
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Do you guys think adesanya was holding back. It seemed like he dint quite fight to his potential. Either way kelvin and whittaker both would ko him.
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:37   #4103
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier_of_god View Post
Do you guys think adesanya was holding back. It seemed like he dint quite fight to his potential. Either way kelvin and whittaker both would ko him.
I keep seeing this narrative all over the place, and its the same shit that happened before the Brunson fight as well.

No it won't happen, because both Kelvin and Whittaker would plow forward, and get knocked out silly by his superior striking. Anderson did no such thing, they are very similar counter punchers and canceled each other out.

This match always had more potential to look like a training match, than anything else. My hope was that Anderson would not take it so serious, and try some fancy crap, just to have fun, only to get his head knocked cleaned off.

That didn't happen, but that also doesn't make Israel a hype job. I swear MMA fans change their opinions like the wind.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:53   #4104
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.

Quote:
this was a 100% stand up fight, israel never threatened with a take down. there's no fighter on the roster who could get away with an easy win vs silva in a fight like this.

very good and entertaining performance from both fighters and israel was a deserved winner.

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 16:22   #4105
Sage
Phase 2

I never thought adesanya was the next jon jones to begin with, he hasn't beaten anyone to suggest that.

also 43 year old anderson ate all of his shots.
Old 10-02-2019, 17:22   #4106
MilanMB
Serendipity

What's your problem with adesanya?

This was a very good performance by him.

Signature
GOAT
Old 10-02-2019, 20:38   #4107
Sage
Phase 2

how is that a very good performance? the only take away i took from this fight is that anderson silva would have smoked him if he was in his prime.

this is a nearly 44 year old silva off roids who hasn't fought in TWO years, there was nothing impressive about this and tbf to him, I don't think he was satisfied with his own performance.
Old 10-02-2019, 21:33   #4108
MilanMB
Serendipity

A stand up fight vs silva is always dangerous, but he controlled the fight all the way. Of course he could have done better, you always can but this is how a muay Thai fight vs Silva looks like, no matter his age. 3-4 years ago DC wouldn't stand with him for 10 seconds and took him down over and over again even though he took the fight on a couple of days notice vs the champ of another weight class.

I think we simply have different mindsets tbh, you always look for the negative and I always look for the positive. One always finds what they're looking for.

Signature
GOAT
Old 10-02-2019, 21:45   #4109
Sage
Phase 2

yeh DC played it completely safe and was boo'd out the building, he could have stood with him but didnt want a real fight on his hands.

bisping got the better of anderson in stand up in 5 rounds 3 years ago, so yeh I don't see how I can find this impressive.

it's not about being negative, it's about not falling for the hype. You can't convince me that someone who is supposedly in his prime edging out a decision vs a past it 44 year old fighter is impressive, because it's not.

I agree with you that both their styles create this awkward fight tho, I'm not looking past that.

I remember saying that weidman wasn't impressive because he was beating past it Brazilians, as soon as he fought someone legit he lost.

and where has he been since then? 1 in his last 5.

Last edited by Sage; 10-02-2019 at 21:48.
Old 10-02-2019, 22:18   #4110
MilanMB
Serendipity

Bisping was a very good kickboxer, very underrated standup. I don't know what hype you're talking about, I'm making my own judgment of him and the fight. And it's not like I'm saying this was the best performance I've seen, just that he got the job done. He was never in danger vs a very dangerous stand up expert. Nothing to hate on or be disappointed about. Also, it was a bit of a showboat fight from both fighters.

Signature
GOAT
Old 10-02-2019, 22:30   #4111
Sage
Phase 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
Bisping was a very good kickboxer, very underrated standup. I don't know what hype you're talking about, I'm making my own judgment of him and the fight. And it's not like I'm saying this was the best performance I've seen, just that he got the job done. He was never in danger vs a very dangerous stand up expert. Nothing to hate on or be disappointed about. Also, it was a bit of a showboat fight from both fighters.
I didn't like the showboat fight, maybe I needed to point that out earlier.

I think it's the hype I've been reading about constantly over the past year, I saw him vs wilkinson and brunson before this, 2 opponents who I don't rate.

he's meant to be the next MW champ, I'd favor bobby, yoel and weidman(wrestling) against him.

I think he'd beat gastelum mainly because of the major size difference.
Old 10-02-2019, 22:41   #4112
MilanMB
Serendipity

As always, fighters without a very good wrestling will have a hard time becoming champs (or staying champs). I think Israel from now on gonna show what he really is about.

I would've been very disappointed if the fight between these two weren't gonna be a showboat fight.

Signature
GOAT
Old 10-02-2019, 22:58   #4113
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
I keep seeing this narrative all over the place, and its the same shit that happened before the Brunson fight as well.

No it won't happen, because both Kelvin and Whittaker would plow forward, and get knocked out silly by his superior striking. Anderson did no such thing, they are very similar counter punchers and canceled each other out.

This match always had more potential to look like a training match, than anything else. My hope was that Anderson would not take it so serious, and try some fancy crap, just to have fun, only to get his head knocked cleaned off.

That didn't happen, but that also doesn't make Israel a hype job. I swear MMA fans change their opinions like the wind.
maybe. I feel like adresanya is too skinny man. Whittaker is a bit of brick house. Kelvin has an iron chin. That boy is insane.
I if adresanya loses to the winner of the aforementioned fighters then I hope he considers going down to WW. He only weighs 190 on fight night. for a MW that is small. Most MWs are 200 lbs. Some even 205- 209.
Old 10-02-2019, 23:05   #4114
Sage
Phase 2

according to dana, whittakers recovery should take about 4 weeks, maybe we'll see him vs gastelum in 3-4 months.
Old 11-02-2019, 17:27   #4115
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

That was a pretty bad matchup. I can see why Adesanya played it safe. For his next fight I hope to see him fight someone a bit more rounded.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 14:52   #4116
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
maybe. I feel like adresanya is too skinny man. Whittaker is a bit of brick house. Kelvin has an iron chin. That boy is insane.
I if adresanya loses to the winner of the aforementioned fighters then I hope he considers going down to WW. He only weighs 190 on fight night. for a MW that is small. Most MWs are 200 lbs. Some even 205- 209.
That's exactly what Brunson kept saying before their match up. Now i'm not saying that he is as good as Whittaker, but he is not as weak as you might perceive him.

I think he is deceptively strong, like Bones with his chicken legs and arms.

Signature
Old 12-02-2019, 23:16   #4117
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

not once did Israel mention the names of jacare or yoel lol. he wants no part of them
Old 12-02-2019, 23:55   #4118
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
not once did Israel mention the names of jacare or yoel lol. he wants no part of them
That seems to be the prototype fighter to beat him, same as Anderson.

Wrestler with decent enough striking to not do anything stupid.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 08:46   #4119
Az.
Se7en

Quote:
Because Dana promised both him and Anderson a title shot before the fight? And guess who doesn't hold titles: Jacare & Yoel.

Signature
Old 13-02-2019, 14:10   #4120
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon

I know but I just think Israel wants no part of them. bad matchups for him.