Inzaghi will play!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
news from www.acmilan-online.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inzaghi escapes ligament damage
26.5 || unknown

Filippo Inzaghi has not suffered ligament damage, but the striker must wait 24 hours before the extent of his knee injury is revealed.

The striker limped off 29 minutes into Sunday’s 2-1 win over Japanese club Champions Kashima Antlers.

The Milan man was clutching his left knee, the same that underwent surgery for ruptured ligaments in December.

“He has a problem with his left knee,” revealed Dr. Andrea Ferretti, “but it’s difficult to say any more right now. We will do tests tomorrow for an initial diagnosis.”

A preliminary test was conducted this evening and the Azzurri medical staff were able to confidently rule out damage to ligaments or the meniscus.

However, a sprained knee could nonetheless keep Inzaghi on the sidelines for at least two weeks.

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has spoken to his player on the phone and revealed that the latest test results left him more optimistic.

“Thankfully Pippo is alright,” Galliani told the press, “as the ligaments have not been affected.”

“It is a heavy blow to the knee and one that causes pain, but when there are no lesions the pain is sure to subside.”

When asked if there was a chance Inzaghi could be sent home from Japan, the Vice-President hesitated.

“The decisions will be made by the Italy medical staff. From where I am standing, and having spoken to him on the phone, I can assume that within a few days Inzaghi will be alright.”

“I therefore have strong hopes that Pippo will play this World Cup.”

Parma striker Marco Di Vaio is on stand-by in case tomorrow’s test results prove disappointing. Italy can change a player due to injury up until June 2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inzaghi's World Cup continues
27.5 || unknown

Pippo Inzaghi will remain with the Azzurri squad after tests confirmed that his knee injury wasn’t as bad as feared.

The Milan striker limped off in the 2-1 friendly win over Kashima Antlers on Sunday with an injury that could have jeopardised his tournament.

But tests on the forward this morning have confirmed a bad sprain – rather than ligament damage – and he should be available for selection for Italy’s second game against Croatia.

"Inzaghi is much better and after further examinations we are all calm about his recovery," stated doctor Andrea Ferretti. "His injury was on the same knee that he had surgery on earlier this season but he’s OK."

Inzaghi was expected to partner Christian Vieri in Italy’s opening game against Ecuador on Monday. Now Coach Giovanni Trapattoni will be forced into a rethink.

"At this moment in time I haven’t decided who will partner Christian Vieri out of Alex Del Piero and Vincenzo Montella," explained the Coach.

"I’ll probably make up my mind by Thursday who to play. Whoever is in better form will be chosen as Ecuador are a good side who are in good physical shape at the moment."

Commenting on Inzaghi’s injury, Trap remained cool. "I was already rather hopeful yesterday that it wasn’t anything too serious.

"He’ll take the next two or three days off before getting back to training. He should be available for the Croatia game on June 8."

Meanwhile, Italy, Japan and Korea were all subjected to random FIFA drug tests on Monday. Four players from each nation had urine samples taken for analysis.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, you probably got that 1st news was from yesterday and that 2nd one is today's one! ;)
he will play, probably against croatia on june 8th. i almost shit myself when i saw that he is injured ( :eek: ) but, thank God, he's alright!

FORZA PIPPO!!!

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Pippo we need you, great to hear he won't miss out on the cup. The biggest sports mag in the US (Sports Illustrated) picked Italy to will the cup this year. I hope they and we are right. FORZA ITALIA!!!

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
www.acmilan-online.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inzaghi set for Ecuador clash?
29.5 ||

Italy striker Pippo Inzaghi may recover from injury in time to face Ecuador on Monday.

The Milan man was initially ruled out of the Azzurri opener after he picked up a knee problem in the 2-1 friendly win against Kashima Antlers on Sunday.

However, the former Juventus man has returned to training and is hoping to prove his fitness for the game against the South Americans.

"I’m feeling good and that is the most important thing at the moment," he revealed. "I don’t know whether I can play against Ecuador. I’ll talk to the medical staff and the Coach before deciding."

There were fears that Inzaghi’s tournament could have been over after he underwent surgery on the same knee at Christmas.

"I’m delighted to still be here because at the time of the problem I was so scared that my World Cup had come to an end," he added.

"Maybe my fears were a little over elaborate and a lot of the squad were really worried. But don’t forget that I damaged knee ligaments earlier this season and that was in my mind."

It seems unlikely that Coach Giovanni Trapattoni will field Inzaghi from the start in their opener.

Training sessions in the past few days have suggested that Italy will play a 4-4-2 against Ecuador with Francesco Totti partnering Christian Vieri in attack.

Inzaghi could sit on the bench alongside Alex Del Piero and Vincenzo Montella.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Unfortunatly he won't play the 1st game. Trap is going to a cautious 4-4-2 w/ Totti and Vieri. i think it is a good idea considering Pippo may not be in his top form. I would like to see them go back to a 3-4-1-2 if they look strong in the 1st half. I don't mind them saving him from the 1st game. Italy does have 7 games to play. :D :)

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
check this article:

soccerage
Spirits High As Vieri-Inzaghi Set To Start

Spirits are so high in the Italian camp that now there is worry of complacency. However, for one man: Filippo Inzaghi.

Inzaghi has bounced back well from two injury setbacks and put himself back in contention by displaying his superb form in front of goal. He has scored 7 goals in the last two warm-up games that he has played.

Now, the Italy #9 is ready to take his place alongside his good friend Christian Vieri and torment the Croat defense. "I am now 100% fit and feel that I can help my team and make a difference."

Il Trap has voiced a similar opinion stating that Inzaghi's is invaluable to the team and that he felt the side would need a more direct striker against the stingy Croat defense. "Totti will play a deeper role than he did against Ecuador, just behind Christian and Pippo," the Azzurri boss stated.

Inzaghi meanwhile has busied himself by spending an extra hour after training practicing a secret goal-celebration with Vieri which will be unleashed before their fans should either striker score against Croatia.

The whole of Italy waits in anticipation as two of their finest goal scorers get ready to take the pitch. How many goals will they score between them? Only time will tell.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am going to print this page and to send it to my mate in belgrade! he's an inter fan and you can guess how much he likes inzaghi :D

scharatz

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
"Dentro Inzaghi, fuori Doni".
:D:D:D
FIREdevil.gif

:D :D :D

I can't wait till tonight, Pippo is in! YEAH!!!

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i can't wait untill tomorrow, 10am, when i wake up around 9:30 to see the italy game... ;)

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
scharatz Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 10:39 am

i can't wait untill tomorrow, 10am, when i wake up around 9:30 to see the italy game...

I am so jealous, I have to get up at 2:00am to see the game, oh well it will be well worth it. I hope that Maldini is going to play.

FORZA ITALIA

Serbian Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

croatia win!!!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i can't belive it!!!!!!!!!

Italy loose from croatia!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

even mexico beat croatia!!!

hahahahahahaha

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
what an inteligent post! :conf: :rolleyes:

SR, let's be realistic, ok? and we should talk about games in the WC threads. you should know that by now.

scharatz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule