Votes: 132 62.6%
  • is stupid

Votes: 79 37.4%

• Total voters

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
crazy4milan said:
I was replying to this when a freak lighting hit here (seriously the lighting sounded, not the thunder, the lightning).

Which makes me angry. We won the CL + CWC just last year, we probably should've gain lots of money in the past years just for advancing in Europe (I don't know if the Supercup gives you money), we got a huge amount of money when we sold Sheva (by now we should've collected), we have spend little in the market since 03 (maybe just this season, but it's peanuts compare to what the rest of the big teams payed), we sold players with losses, but not HUGE losses, we sold some gusy with gains, we bought Ronaldinho and Ronaldo and both supposly sold lots of shirts (and I'm assuming Kaka also sells a lot + I'm also guessing we at least have the image rights of him or some of the big names in the team), there's the abbonamenti that in the past 2 years have been huge, supposly we didn't end in red numbers 2 years ago (which IMO is bad, cause having superavits is usually not recomended when you work with a budget), yes maybe we are overpaying some payrolls, but is it that bad? And b) aren't those numbers supposed to be real when they are made public otherwise isn't it corruption?

Well you make some valid points but i guess other issues like taxes+tv rights+attendance rate compared to other big clubs in europe (England, etc)+Maintaining Milan lab+stock market and a host of other issue come into play as well.

crazy4milan said:
The north of this management is completly lost, specially if they think that by only having Beckham for 4 months loan we're going to get Asia + US markets crazy. Mostly because Beckham is likely to go before May to play the friendlies with his team to Asia (I'm assuming it's part of his contract) which is going to be the one that will get the market (and that team also plays in the US so is the one that is getting the US market). It would've been kind of honorable if we would let him stay with us to be fit, and all.

Well yeah and that's why i think Galliani shouldn't handle the transfers. He would contradict his role as a CEO+the person in charge of the transfers because he would be signing players based on who can sell more merchandise+fill the stadium (which is something he needs to look into as the CEO of the club) by signing players like Beckham. If things don't go well, he can always say i signed players like Beckham so its not my fault. I believe the manager should have full control of the transfers so that he can build the squad without external influence and can take full responsibility if things don't go as plan as oppose to the current state of affairs.

crazy4milan said:
As a note, I don't think Beckham sucks, for me there was a reason he played in a team like ManU and there's a reason why Sir Alex debuted him and played and there's a reason why the England NT (as much as it sucks for most people) debuted him when he was kind of young. I just don't think it's right, and I think this is giving the idea that Milan is nothing more than a circus that wants to get all the has beens. And it's like we are just waiting that E! decides to make a reality show about Beckham in Milan to sell ourselves.

Yeah he is a good player but he is not exactly what we need. I've mentioned time and time again that we lack quality players with pace to increase our tempo+speed+cut open smaller teams that pack their midfield+defence. We seem to usually do better against bigger teams as oppose to smaller teams because bigger teams would leave a lot of space at the back when they push forward+are usually more adventures.

crazy4milan said:
On another note, I don't hate Victoria, I was a huge Spice Girls fan when I was 9-12, I have (had cause a friend of my totally stole it) their CD, and still get excited when I hear their songs, cheesy I know. And when me + my friends sang, I said I was Victoria till they told me she was the tranny. So it's not about her either.

That's extremely Cheesy! :D

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Borriello, Pato, Ronaldinho
Ashish said:
@crazy4milan

elections were held this year, so no doubt we are in red. cant compete for a class player, cant even get ivanovic or adebeyor forget sergio ramos boruc adebeyor or fab, get santacros lol beckham is shit

Pirlo>>>>> Beckham.

But we did get a ton of other great players... and we did get several class players. Quit your misplaced complaining!

And if you're gonna say we're in the red, prove it.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Giancarlo said:
But we did get a ton of other great players... and we did get several class players. Quit your misplaced complaining!

And if you're gonna say we're in the red, prove it.
ya go on kiss galliani for bringing so called old fucks

i dont give a shit about fuckham, when our midfield is stifled and youngsters are not geting chance even when regulars like pirlo and gattuso are out injured.

put ronaldinho beckham and seedorf on the pitch LOL atleast R80 is training hard, he wants to be no 1. we have enough players who are aiming comebacks.
pirlo sheva ronaldinho

so thats how our midfield lies
kaka ronaldinho flamini ambrosini gattuso purlo seedorf beckham viduez emerson cardicci LOL this means more x mas tree after christmas:mad:

have you ever see beckham playing for england? he never gets chance he plays only for breaking no of international appearences. he hasnt done anything for england in his prime what he thinks this time he will win golden ball in coming wc?.

if we win continously, people will come to watch us its already 65k in our stands only way to mak money and win hearts is win beautifully.

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ashish said:
ya go on kiss galliani for bringing so called old fucks

i dont give a shit about fuckham, when our midfield is stifled and youngsters are not geting chance even when regulars like pirlo and gattuso are out injured.

Wow, you really don't know anything do you? I'm not kissing on anyone. We bought 8 players under the age of 28, you blind little boy. You won't open your damn eyes to look at the facts. But that doesn't surprise me.

I don't care about Beckham either. We get him on a loan (it gets us money)... so who the hell cares?

have you ever see beckham playing for england? he never gets chance he plays only for breaking no of international appearences. he hasnt done anything for england in his prime what he thinks this time he will win golden ball in coming wc?.

Who the hell cares if he comes here on a free loan? WHO CARES? He'll be on the god damn bench.

Jesus christ.

Not only that your formations are all wrong. Many of those players will not start. We will play 4-3-1-2 for smaller teams, and 4-3-2-1 for the attack oriented ones. Wrong!

Last edited:

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
drucurl said:
Anyway back on topic....with Becks leaving the Galaxy (sadly not the Milky Way one :o ) and coming here we might be able to cut into a bigger slice of the U.S. market. As for his taking Pirlo's role.....to me the ONLY things Becks is better than Pirlo at are crossing, passing and free-kicks. Pirlo can (maybe I should say "used to" ) organise the entire midfield, he can dribble past his man, makes GREAT interceptions and is better defensively than Becks. So unless we deploy him as an out and out winger and give poor Zambrotta the umpleasant task of covering his ass I can't see much more footballing use for him.
Which Pirlo have you been watching?? :conf:

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wet Ones said:
Which Pirlo have you been watching?? :conf:

Question thrown right back at you.

Pirlo is a key player, and has precision and skill that Beckham certainly does not have.

I may seem like I'm bashing Beckham a lot... but if he comes here on a loan that is win-win why should we against it? He'll get some time to train with Milan and maybe play a few matches (mainly as a substitute). I don't think he'll be disrespecting the established at Milan. He may have some discipline issues on the pitch, but I think he's a professional enough to acknowledge you can't upset Clarence Seedorf for example.

zank

CREDIAMO18
Reaction score
Fav. Players
FB6-PM3-AN13-GG8-R70-ZI11-NEXT
C_3_Media_533590_immagine_det.jpg

Milan move: So long US for Posh ‘n Becks?

By ROBERT MILLWARD, AP Soccer Writer 5 hours, 58 minutes ago

LONDON (AP)—David Beckham’s possible jump to AC Milan could be more than just a temporary deal and might mean “arrivederci” to the Posh ‘n Becks show in America.

Beckham needs to stay competitive to keep his spot on the England team, and the loan would come with Major League Soccer in its offseason.

AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani said Wednesday a deal is close. Beckham would join the Italian club in January and play in Serie A for a few months before returning to the Los Angeles Galaxy.

But there could be more to Beckham’s move to Milan, a glamorous city as famous for fashion as for soccer and opera. It could be an ideal new home for Beckham and wife Victoria, the Spice Girl heavily into promoting her own fashion lines.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
the funny thing about it is, everyone is saying its for marketing.... isnt ronaldinho a big enough star in world football? Is beckham really that much bigger than him? Maybe in us... but worldwide?

im personally excited to see the seedorf, pirlo, beckham midfield. take about workrate!

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giancarlo said:
Question thrown right back at you.

Pirlo is a key player, and has precision and skill that Beckham certainly does not have.

I may seem like I'm bashing Beckham a lot... but if he comes here on a loan that is win-win why should we against it? He'll get some time to train with Milan and maybe play a few matches (mainly as a substitute). I don't think he'll be disrespecting the established at Milan. He may have some discipline issues on the pitch, but I think he's a professional enough to acknowledge you can't upset Clarence Seedorf for example.
Beckham has more assists in one season (treble winning) than Pirlo has had in all his seasons here. More goals from freekicks too. Probably the best crosser of the ball the world has ever seen. Even games where he is marked out, he usually ends up having an assist.

Pirlo, on the other hand, when marked out has an Arsenalesque performance.

But I guess that was because the poor baby was tired :rolleyes:

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wet Ones said:
Beckham has more assists in one season (treble winning) than Pirlo has had in all his seasons here. More goals from freekicks too. Probably the best crosser of the ball the world has ever seen. Even games where he is marked out, he usually ends up having an assist.

Pirlo, on the other hand, when marked out has an Arsenalesque performance.

But I guess that was because the poor baby was tired :rolleyes:

Pathetic. What do you have to justify this? The MLS? A tournament with one of the worst defenses in the entire world? Yes, there is a reason why he has so many assists in this "league". It's crap.

Seriously, what does it have to do with being tired?

Beckham is utter rubbish compared to Pirlo. And he's far from the best crosser. What an atrocity! Pirlo is better at crosses, better at playing deep, better at just about everything... I can't even believe you're going to say that at any point was Beckham better than Pirlo, the three time man of the match winner in the World Cup... the key element of Italy's win in the world cup... I can't even believe that. The key element in the numerous trophies Milan has... and not only that Pirlo is 4 years younger than Beckham... yet he has more under his name including a WORLD CUP.

But then again that's the hollywood type here.

The best crosser? That's such a joke. You overrate him. Beckham was never worth even starting in Milan in my opinion. He's at best a back up for Pirlo. Even when he was younger!

Last edited:

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giancarlo said:
Pathetic. What do you have to justify this? The MLS? A tournament with one of the worst defenses in the entire world? Yes, there is a reason why he has so many assists in this "league". It's crap.

Seriously, what does it have to do with being tired?

Beckham is utter rubbish compared to Pirlo. And he's far from the best crosser. What an atrocity! Pirlo is better at crosses, better at playing deep, better at just about everything... I can't even believe you're going to say that at any point was Beckham better than Pirlo, the three time man of the match winner in the World Cup... the key element of Italy's win in the world cup... I can't even believe that. The key element in the numerous trophies Milan has... and not only that Pirlo is 4 years younger than Beckham... yet he has more under his name including a WORLD CUP.

But then again that's the hollywood type here.

The best crosser? That's such a joke. You overrate him. Beckham was never worth even starting in Milan in my opinion. He's at best a back up for Pirlo. Even when he was younger!
Dear Mr. Carlo. What part of 'treble winning' did you not understand? I don't even know what his stats in the MLS are and I don't care. I'm talking about his time in Europe for both Manchester and Madrid.

You must really be daft if you think Pirlo is a better passer/crosser.

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wet Ones said:
Dear Mr. Carlo. What part of 'treble winning' did you not understand? I don't even know what his stats in the MLS are and I don't care. I'm talking about his time in Europe for both Manchester and Madrid.

You must really be daft if you think Pirlo is a better passer/crosser.
I don't care. You can't even try to compare Andrea Pirlo to Beckham. That's a total injustice to Andrea Pirlo. Andrea Pirlo has won how many titles with Milan? And what about the 2006 World Cup where he was absolutely key to Italy's play?

Pirlo has always been a better player than Beckham. Pirlo has always been a better passer. Pirlo is way better with his plays. It's obvious you were living under a rock in the 2006 World Cup if you want to talk history. His performance in that tournament was out of this world and blows Beckham away.

You're obviously not looking at the facts.

Yep. Beckham is overrated... badly overrated. Anybody who tells me that Beckham is a better player than Pirlo is obviously blind.

Some people have an obvious love affair with Beckham. This is no exception. He was never that great of a player. A utility player at best.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Pirlo has better vision and passes...anyone who argues about this is a fool. however...Beckham at his prime would edge Pirlo at flank crosses but not passes or vision simply because Pirlo is a master at such abilities...

and Pirlo might not have many direct assists...but do u knw that most of Milan's goals come from a play that Pirlo has started...for example, just go look at Inzaghi's goal vs Merda last season...Pirlo picked out Kaka' who crossed in for Pippo to score.

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giancarlo said:
I don't care. You can't even try to compare Andrea Pirlo to Beckham. That's a total injustice to Andrea Pirlo. Andrea Pirlo has won how many titles with Milan? And what about the 2006 World Cup where he was absolutely key to Italy's play?

Pirlo has always been a better player than Beckham. Pirlo has always been a better passer. Pirlo is way better with his plays. It's obvious you were living under a rock in the 2006 World Cup if you want to talk history. His performance in that tournament was out of this world and blows Beckham away.

You're obviously not looking at the facts.

Yep. Beckham is overrated... badly overrated. Anybody who tells me that Beckham is a better player than Pirlo is obviously blind.
Prove to me that Pirlo has more assists for national team than Beckham. Prove to me that Pirlo has more assists for club than Beckham (MLS excluded). Prove to me that Pirlo has more goals from freekicks than Beckham.

Pirlo won the WC? Yes. On his own? NO! He was part of a team that has the best goalie in the world, the best defender in the world and the best Defensive midfielder in the world.

Beckham plays for bloody ENGLAND!!!!! What sort of a stupid comparison is that?

So I guess Shevchenko is SHIT because he has no WC and only one UCL? I guess Maradona is shit because he never won a UCL?

FACT is that Beckham has more assists for club and country. More goals, from freekicks and open play, for club and country.

Milanista_13_22 said:
and Pirlo might not have many direct assists...but do u knw that most of Milan's goals come from a play that Pirlo has started...for example, just go look at Inzaghi's goal vs Merda last season...Pirlo picked out Kaka' who crossed in for Pippo to score.

Oh WOW! So let's credit Pirlo for that and not Kaka. I'm sure it could have been Brocchi or Emerson in Kaka's place and it would have still lead to an assist :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
The best defender was injured during the world cup. Nesta OWNS cannavaro.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
and why the hell are you guys comparing a deep lying play maker..to a right winger????

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milanista_13_22 said:
The best defender was injured during the world cup. Nesta OWNS cannavaro.
On any given Sunday!

But in the WC, Cannavaro was from another planet. One of the RARE Golden Ball winning defenders.

Milanista_13_22 said:
and why the hell are you guys comparing a deep lying play maker..to a right winger????
Not comparing positions. Just pointing out that one is a better freekicker, a better crosser and that one is an assist machine whereas the other has occasional assists.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Wet Ones said:
Oh WOW! So let's credit Pirlo for that and not Kaka. I'm sure it could have been Brocchi or Emerson in Kaka's place and it would have still lead to an assist :rolleyes:

That was an example on how Pirlo often starts plays and his passes makes Kaka' and co. jobs much easier...I mean..Kaka' and De rossi have both labelled him as the best midfielder in the world...and this is coming from two world class players..not from me or Giancarlo.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Wild said:
Who wanna bet that he b useful (football wise) ?
He will definitely be more useful than Emerson and Favalli. But I can't see him being better than Pirlo or Clarence in the heart of midfield. I remember Sven trying to play him there once, alongside Gerrard and Lampard, and it never suited him. He, like Dinho, looks for the difficult passes/crosses and usually tries them giving the ball away too much. Pirlo is much more intelligent + makes the right decision more often than not ... in addition to being pretty damn accurate ANYWHERE on the pitch. Clarence isn't as fluid as Pirlo in this role, but he brings more strength, and is as intelligent as footballers get.

I do though remember Sven deploying Becks as a RB in one match ... he did reasonably well + assisted Crouch or Gerrard. I think it was during WC 06. But we've got Antonini who has looked good, and so the only place I think Becks would be useful is as a RW + preferably as a sub when we need to exploit the flanks. Naturally, he should also be asked to take a few freekicks/setpieces.

10 million seems rather low in today's inflated world. Hopefully that is a conservative estimate + we bag more. I don't think we can base any sort of rejuvenation on 10 million ...

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milanista_13_22 said:
That was an example on how Pirlo often starts plays and his passes makes Kaka' and co. jobs much easier...I mean..Kaka' and De rossi have both labelled him as the best midfielder in the world...and this is coming from two world class players..not from me or Giancarlo.
And Capello has said Ronaldo is the best and then turned around and said Van Basten is the best.

Wenger also said that Walcott is better than Messi and Houllier once said Gerard is worth 5 or more Ronaldos.

People say things. Doesn't make it true.

Stats prove that Beckham is a better crosser and a better freekicker. If you don't want to take the respective leagues into account, you can look at the CL stats.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeh...Capello,Wenger and Houllier are all Managers....and if you noticed...Capello was trying to kiss Ronaldo's ass..Houllier and Wenger were being biased and praising there own players.

And you keep ranting on those stats...care to show me some?

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
i dont have any doubt in beckhams ball curling abilities but he is shit , done try hard, whenever somebody tell work for team, i remember that rivaldos goals against england in 02 where beckham jumped and let the ball go and ronaldinho ran into Englands box and assisted rivaldo. i know he had a leg injury before, still i dont like him, the worst thing being sponsored by adidas is we have to train their icon :mad:

any formation with beckham is in the side?

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I hope mister is right, he was against ronaldinho and agrees for becham :conf:
Sacchi Endorses Becks MoveFormer Milan coach Arrigo Sacchi admits he advised Adriano Galliani to pursue David Beckham and believes the Spice Boy will be a big hit in Serie A.

After weeks of hearsay and speculation, it has finally been announced that Becks will be heading for Milanello next January.

Rossoneri Vice President Galliani announced yesterday that the Los Angeles Galaxy star will be added to Carlo Ancelotti's ranks for at least four months and "will form a dream team with Brazilians Kaka and Ronaldinho."

Some pundits on the peninsula have blasted the move and poked fun at the Via Turati outfit, for they seem to be willing to set up a big circus, merely to attract lavish sponsors.

But ex-Rossoneri legend and Italy boss Arrigo Sacchi maintains he is 100 per cent in favor of this action.

"I told Galliani to go after Beckham, because he can do great things for his team, unlike other players who can sometimes constitute a huge risk," he told Radio Radio Tv.

"He is an amazing professional and an exceptional lad. He won't stir up controversy in the squad and, if he is still the footballer that I admired a few years ago, I am confident he will add that little bit of extra quality to the side.

"In the past, players such as Rivaldo and Ronaldo have failed to settle in, but I'm sure it will be different with David, he will thrive at San Siro and Milan will greatly benefit from this transfer."

The deal will see the Diavoli secure a loan agreement for the England international during the winter transfer session, with the 33-year-old expected to return to Los Angeles when the MLS season restarts in April.

Vince Masiello

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
God.. I hope he joins us just for training. I dont think this is true. Not even for the marketting strategy. Lately Beckham even not popular anymore in all football fans. I wonder who's next in our next buying? Gascoigne? Batistuta? :( Just call any X famous footballer who are already retired too :o :D

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milanista_13_22 said:
Yeh...Capello,Wenger and Houllier are all Managers....and if you noticed...Capello was trying to kiss Ronaldo's ass..Houllier and Wenger were being biased and praising there own players.

And you keep ranting on those stats...care to show me some?
Why on earth would he need to kiss Ronaldo's ass :conf:

And Houllier and Wenger were being Biased? Kaka and De Rossi are not being biased?

And I will get you the stats. Just give me some time :D

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wet Ones said:
Prove to me that Pirlo has more assists for national team than Beckham. Prove to me that Pirlo has more assists for club than Beckham (MLS excluded). Prove to me that Pirlo has more goals from freekicks than Beckham.

Pirlo won the WC? Yes. On his own? NO! He was part of a team that has the best goalie in the world, the best defender in the world and the best Defensive midfielder in the world.

Jesus christ.

Assists were never Pirlo's thing... he was more involved up in the build up of Italy's attack, and his passing in the world cup (and beyond) was bone crunching as I describe it. Don't even try to sit here and tell me that idiot Beckham has the vision and intelligence of Pirlo. Pirlo isn't a goalscorer. He's a playmaker. Beckham is a utility player.

I never said Pirlo won the WC on his own. I'm saying he was an integral part of Italy's midfield... the midfield that had a huge part in goals being scored so Italy could advance. A goalkeeper doesn't score (well Rogerio Ceni and a few others, but we're talking about Italy).

Beckham plays for bloody ENGLAND!!!!! What sort of a stupid comparison is that?

England is always heavily favored for every damn tournament.

FACT is that Beckham has more assists for club and country. More goals, from freekicks and open play, for club and country.

It isn't about assists. You knwo nothing about this game. It's about passing and being a damn dictator in the midfield.

Oh really? You're quick to credit a utility player like Beckham and sit here and tell me he's better than Pirlo. Ignorance!

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wet Ones said:
Not comparing positions. Just pointing out that one is a better freekicker, a better crosser and that one is an assist machine whereas the other has occasional assists.

Your points are utterly useless. Pirlo is the better overall player. If I had the option of benching one or the other, Beckham would be warming up the bench. Pirlo is a better deep passer... and he's responsible for build-ups that result in goals being scored.

Tell me... TELL ME... who is the BETTER PLAYER? WHO HAS THE BETTER VISION? WHO IS THE BETTER PASSER?

If you say Beckham, you've said enough.

And I'll take Pirlo's free kicks over Beckham's anyday.

Beckham is garbage compared to Pirlo. Case in point. You can think of your imaginary stats all you want.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Giancarlo said:
Beckham is garbage compared to Pirlo. Case in point. You can think of your imaginary stats all you want.

LOL