The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: Selling Balotelli
Is Right. He's too much trouble for he's worth. 117 68.42%
Is Wrong. We should have handled him better. 54 31.58%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-11-2010, 18:32   #1081
sanzen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
so you're referring to camorenesi/deco types right?

Cause if that's case I more or less agree. It has nothing to do with ethnic background of color. But where you're raised. Ozil/Khedira/boateng- german. Balotelli- italian. Camorenesi/ledesma- ARGENTINA
i disagree. it is whatever nation the player feels most attached to.
sanzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2010, 19:44   #1082
frankf31
Forza Mailand!

I say, who the fuck cares, it's just a sport. If a player wants to play for Italy and feels Italian, good for him. He can help the team, and he wants to, so why not.

Italy didn't even exist as a state until very recently in history and I'm sick of all this fascist forza Italia bullshit, and it's even dumber when applied to sports. Politicians (like Berlusconi) capitalize on the ignorance of the masses by making them feel special with "forza Italia!" political messages and then wonder why the masses hate foreigners.

Keep that political shit away from football plz! Let's just enjoy the game and let the good players play!
frankf31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2010, 20:28   #1083
sanzen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankf31 View Post
I say, who the fuck cares, it's just a sport. If a player wants to play for Italy and feels Italian, good for him. He can help the team, and he wants to, so why not.

Italy didn't even exist as a state until very recently in history and I'm sick of all this fascist forza Italia bullshit, and it's even dumber when applied to sports. Politicians (like Berlusconi) capitalize on the ignorance of the masses by making them feel special with "forza Italia!" political messages and then wonder why the masses hate foreigners.

Keep that political shit away from football plz! Let's just enjoy the game and let the good players play!
i couldnt agree more. its a sport. it holds no real importance. it is supposed to be for fun and entertainment. people take it way too seriously.
sanzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2010, 20:44   #1084
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator

Default Thursday 18 November, 2010 Balotelli: 'Racists were mainly stupid'

Mario Balotelli has urged everyone to fight racism and pointed out the actions of the ‘fans’ in Austria was “more stupidity than anything else.”

Quote:
The Italy striker was booed repeatedly during the 1-1 friendly against Romania and banners were held up that read: ‘Italy for the Italians’ and ‘No to a multi-ethnic Italy.’

“I can’t do anything on my own. Everyone has to do something to fight racism,” said the Manchester City star on Sky Sport Italia.

“I was very disappointed last night, but I have to confirm that I cannot change these people. Brescia is my city now and I live there happily, but it is also a difficult place to live. When I was a little boy, many other children attacked me for the colour of my skin.

“What we saw yesterday was racism, but also the stupidity of only a few people. I am certain that if I met one of these lads on their own, they’d ask for my autograph.

“This is also why I prefer to stay quiet and not respond, this time. Maybe they just travelled all the way to Austria because they didn't have a television.”

When asked if he ought to walk off the field amid racist chants, Balotelli thought it counter-productive.

“It would be really too much for a dozen stupid people. Besides, it was my second game with the Nazionale.

There is less of this in English stadiums, perhaps because their laws are far stricter.”
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2010, 20:45   #1085
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan10 View Post
I guess Americans just think differently than the rest of the world on this topic. I can't imagine anyone saying that here.
Im a bit confused ,im not sure what does that have to do with anything i said?

Quote:
so you're referring to camorenesi/deco types right?

Cause if that's case I more or less agree. It has nothing to do with ethnic background of color. But where you're raised. Ozil/Khedira/boateng- german. Balotelli- italian. Camorenesi/ledesma- ARGENTINA
Spot on.

Signature
Cobra Kai never dies
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2010, 20:47   #1086
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:

If everyone went by this mentality ,there wouldn't be any point to National competitions now would it?

Really dumb post there mate.

Signature
Cobra Kai never dies
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2010, 21:45   #1087
frankf31
Forza Mailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
If everyone went by this mentality ,there wouldn't be any point to National competitions now would it?
And...how does this make what I said dumb? Do you have problems with reading comprehension?

The point IS that I don't think there should be anything more to national competitions than there is for club competitions. It's a fucking sport. Cheer on your country the same way you cheer on any sports team. The point is that sports should not be used to espouse fascist political views.

If I am dumb for saying that then I don't want to be smart.
Old 18-11-2010, 22:15   #1088
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
And...how does this make what I said dumb? Do you have problems with reading comprehension?

The point IS that I don't think there should be anything more to national competitions than there is for club competitions. It's a fucking sport. Cheer on your country the same way you cheer on any sports team. The point is that sports should not be used to espouse fascist political views.

If I am dumb for saying that then I don't want to be smart.
you missed his point, nothing to do with ethnicity or race. Zlatan is swedish, its where he was born and raised. Camorenesi (for ex.) is not italian. Being nationalized on your 27th bday cause you've played there for 5 years doesn't make you italian.

It has nothing to do with balotelli being black.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2010, 22:25   #1089
frankf31
Forza Mailand!

Quote:
you missed his point, nothing to do with ethnicity or race. Zlatan is swedish, its where he was born and raised. Camorenesi (for ex.) is not italian. Being nationalized on your 27th bday cause you've played there for 5 years doesn't make you italian.
I didn't miss his point. I'm just saying I don't think this should matter. Who cares what being "italian" means, fuck nationalism. I cheer for Italy as a sports team and if an awesome oriundi wants to play for Italy then I don't give a damn whether arrogant Italians consider him brethren or not as long as he will help the team.
Old 18-11-2010, 22:53   #1090
Ghisolfa
SUN SEMPER CHI

Fav. Players: Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo

Quote:
I didn't miss his point. I'm just saying I don't think this should matter. Who cares what being "italian" means, fuck nationalism. I cheer for Italy as a sports team and if an awesome oriundi wants to play for Italy then I don't give a damn whether arrogant Italians consider him brethren or not as long as he will help the team.
The nature of international football is lost on you

Anyway, I agree with the sentiment that BALOTELLI = ITALIAN
CAMORANESI = ARGENTINE
BOATENG = GERMAN
ROSSI = AMERICAN
Ghisolfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2010, 22:55   #1091
frankf31
Forza Mailand!

It's not lost on me; I just think it is stupid. I'm not speaking for anyone other than myself. I know how most people feel about international football, my whole family is Italian and feels differently than me.

I just view it as a sport, for fun. Who cares where the people were born.

Last edited by frankf31; 18-11-2010 at 23:05.
Old 18-11-2010, 23:45   #1092
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

Nationalism/ultranationalism and national pride are separate issues.

In the context of football, the expression of national pride is a bit of harmless, irrational fun - something that makes games more interesting. Nationalism, on the other hand, is a political stance and therefore has no place in football, regardless of whether or not you agree with its ideas.

People who can't make that distinction are fuckwits.

Last edited by Calum1903; 18-11-2010 at 23:47.
Calum1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 00:19   #1093
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghisolfa View Post
The nature of international football is lost on you

Anyway, I agree with the sentiment that BALOTELLI = ITALIAN
CAMORANESI = ARGENTINE
BOATENG = GERMAN
ROSSI = AMERICAN
Rossi I consider Italian, he was raised in a strongly Italian household and lived in Italy since he was 13. If he considers himself Italian then I think he is Italian.

I am supportive of oriundi, most of my family is Italian and I will likely become a dual citizen soon, and honestly if I was talented enough I would likely prefer to play for Italy if I could.

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 01:11   #1094
Ali Daei
Kaliris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan10 View Post
I guess Americans just think differently than the rest of the world on this topic. I can't imagine anyone saying that here.
Please explain.
Ali Daei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 02:03   #1095
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Bonaventura, Bonucci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum1903 View Post
Nationalism/ultranationalism and national pride are separate issues.

In the context of football, the expression of national pride is a bit of harmless, irrational fun - something that makes games more interesting. Nationalism, on the other hand, is a political stance and therefore has no place in football, regardless of whether or not you agree with its ideas.

People who can't make that distinction are fuckwits.
+1

Well said Calum.

----------------------------------

Why is it so important for people to label their self and others with nationalities? I'm born in a country and raised in another, but I don't go around calling myself this or that, just doesn't feel important to me to belong to a certain group. It may sound (very) cheesy but I like to call myself a citizen of the world.

Don't want to turn this into a political discussion, but IMO nationalism and patriotism when it's exaggerated only brings conflicts.

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 03:09   #1096
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post

Really dumb post there mate.
+1. For the most part, I agree w/ you on your other posts regarding this

Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE
Savo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 16:56   #1097
akewander
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.

rumour going around saying Barbara Berlusconi wants to get balotelli as a gift for the milan fans

Signature
Winter Is Coming
akewander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 17:19   #1098
Godfather
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by akewander View Post
rumour going around saying Barbara Berlusconi wants to get balotelli as a gift for the milan fans
Sources?
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 17:23   #1099
akewander
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Sources?
http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...en%26prmd%3Dvo

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...en%26prmd%3Dvo

Signature
Winter Is Coming
akewander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 17:25   #1100
milan1st
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by akewander View Post
my second wish.. after balotelli gim me a one night stand pls
milan1st is offline   Reply With Quote