Week 2: Parma (4) vs (5) AC Milan - Sun 14/09/2014 - 20:45 CET

Reaction score
A good win but certainly one that shouldn't have been so close when considering our attacking dominance and the fact that Parma rarely threatened apart from their goals which all came down to poor defending/mistakes on our part (their 3 shots on target the whole game evidences this.)

Diego Lopez 5 - Couldn't do much about the first 3 goals but the fourth was obviously his fault. Hope he hasn't picked up an injury though as he's usually quite dependable.

De Sciglio 6 - Had a decent game, but do think he didn't do Lopez any favours by playing such a powerful pass after he had started to run towards our own goal and basically play himself into trouble. Apart from that, was fairly solid defensively and looked to get forward at times.

Bonera 3 - Just don't see what he brings to the team.

Alex 6 - Don't think he had a bad game, and hardly helped out by Bonera playing next to him. Looked far better with Zapata next to him vs Lazio.

Abate 7 - A threat going forward, although his defensive positioning could do with some work. A good player to link up with our wide players though as he provides that second option on the overlap with good speed. Had a good game.

De Jong 8 - A great performance from what is one of the best ball winning midfielders in Europe IMO. Won the ball and usually helped us to retain possession in that midfield area and his run and finish for the goal was fantastic.

Poli 7 - Good workrate, which is to be expected from him. Would like him to get on the ball a bit more and influence proceedings but no doubt his constant menacing and running helped to slow down many Parma attacks.

Muntari 6 - Had an OK Game, but seemed to go missing for large periods of it. Doing better than I expected him to do this year though so can't fault him for that. If Van Ginkel is to come in next week I'd probably drop Muntari over Poli, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the reverse.

Honda 7 - Always seems to be a treat when he gets the ball at his feet. A very assured performance with a great run for his goal.

Bonaventura 7 - A good debut for the new signing and his goal showed the class he possesses. Our challenge is to get him on the ball even more next time round as he can clearly make a difference against a top team like Juventus.

Menez 9 MOTM - Playing that False Nine Role up top in a superb manner. He never gives the defence that moment of rest and he really deserved that 5th goal where he chased down a lost cause and finished it with a world class finish. Don't see how we can drop him for Torres, unless we move him out wide but that would probably mean the dropping of Honda or Bonaventura with SEL back fit. A good dilemma for Inzaghi to have however.

Subs:

Rami 7 - Didn't do much wrong when he came on, I'd consider him or Zapata to replace Bonera both for the Juventus match and in the long term.

Zapata 7 - Same as Rami really.

N'iang - Not much time to make an impact.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Nope. Juve lineup should be the same front 3 with Torres coming off the bench later on.

Only guy I would change is Poli really.
Jack instead of poli
Ses in lw. The rest i agree

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
etc etc etc

Add SES, a 10+ goal fernando t., and a better CB than bonera (Zapata, rami, Mexes I don't care who) and bring anyone on in serie a.

I like them odds

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
good win..well a win anyway but questions need to be raised. why bonera? ..with Zapata good in the first game why the need to make that change. Pippo needs to really wake up from this cause if you are gonna make judgements on players not behaving professionally then you have to make judgements on players not able to play professionally.

Bonera could easily be what de rails us this season and with all the cbs's fit and ready to go it makes no sense.

people need to stop defending a player so fucken limited it's not funny. the problem is his good is ok but his bad is game changing. I can't see where and why we take the uneccessary risk . he's played 2 games now ...lets sit him out until we absolutely need him which is never.

it's my only criticism of pippo ...he needs to think about defensive balance and we can't expect to score 5 every game.

ladri will be better organised and more capable of punishing on a counter and 5 goals in 2 games suggest we are open for punishment.

I just don't see what all these coaches see ...who cares how positive he is on the pitch when he is this god awful.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
^ Couldnt say it better... its not lack of respect for Bonera.. but considering we have much better players in that position .. he is even behind Albertazzi.. at least for the next game he wont be there.. thats for sure..

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Inb4 Kuja's "but guyssss....

Randomername

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibracadabra Drake
That was the worst defensive display I've ever seen in my life and thank god our improvements up top weren't a fluke.

TheRealRonaldo

Primavera
Reaction score
superpippo up and running...
fantastic win... I know we were dodgy defensively but hes been saying all summer that he wants to create an atmosphere and a desire to win and he has definitely done that.

all new signings seem to have settled well and with the torres and ses were looking pretty good.

menez goal was one of the best goals ive ever seen, that back heel was absolutely ridiculous!

jack looked top notch (anyone else think he looks a little like allegri).

forza inzaghi.... this is going to be a good journey!

TheRealRonaldo

Primavera
Reaction score
also if allegri does what he does best and ruins juve... we could actually challenge

not expecting any titles this season but if we can make juve sweat for even a minute ill be smiling!

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, Tevez
Just watched highlights only....I missed first two games unfortunately..

WTF was diego lopez own goal? He looked like a ******.

And Menez goal will end up being one of the goals of the season..

My question is.. 2 games into the season.. do we know what the most probably starting 11 will be?

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That was the worst defensive display I've ever seen in my life and thank god our improvements up top weren't a fluke.

maybe you've forgotten about that Bonera performance versus Sassuolo that got Allegri sacked, first coach sacked by Milan in a long time

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Bonera is shit , not average , but literally shit.
We even played better in a bad defensive game with a man down , thats how shit he is.
And its a disgrace in Milan history that he wear the armband.

About the game am liking the attitude , the fire ...... but so far am yet to witness identity.
Our style is chaotic , which isnt bad actually but I will wait till we are half way the season to judge if this is a game plan or just a temporarily rush.
So far Pippo seems like pumping his own DNA into the team , fire & zero technicality.
Again not a bad thing since Pippo was considered among the best strikers in the world while he couldnt make a simple control or pass.

The goal was mostly DS 's fault.
He shouldnt have allowed himself to get cornered like he did & even then then a throw in is better than sending a powerful , fast , medium height & directed to the goal !!!!!
Always aim outside , thats a golden rule so in case the GK fucked up or had a freak accident then its a corner.

Honda need to be tried to play deep coz I have no hope with Muntari & Poli , they will always be average.
And I think an SES-Torres-Menez upfront could turn devastating so we should go for it ASAP since am yet convinced with Honda as a flanker.

Things I liked in the game :
Dejong :proud:
Abate two consecutive crosses LOL
Menez pure class.
Bonera getting a red card.

PS : If Pippo is stupid enough to actually think Bonera is a football player worthy of starting then I Milan should appeal the one match ban decision pushing for 3-4 games ban.

Last edited:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As long as Muntari and Bonera are put into a starting XI, not competing for anything.

Last edited:

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Where to get this cover pic?

cc: Epic Milan pictures

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This specific pic that says "The Full Match"?

https://thumbnailsave.com/

maxresdefault.jpg

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
The greatest match of the banter era.

Just in front of the 4-3 loss to Sassuolo that got Allegri fired :lol: