The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 02-10-2017, 22:19   #541
leaf
Banned

Fav. Players: Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Bonaventura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz10 View Post
If you're going to play Bonucci you have to balance the team other ways, meaning better defenders around him and a strong defensive player or two in midfield covering spaces, tracking back, stopping counters, and a presence on set pieces.
Ah the P!rl0 argument.....Yeah all P!rl0 needed was a solid defense behind him, the midfield and attack to always run into space, and a personal bodyguard in midfield....and THEN HE'S OUT OF THIS FUCKING WORLD

If Bonucci actually needs all of this stuff to perform well for us (not saying that he does) then, he shouldn't even be a starting defender for us.

I say that he was a good defender even before he made it to JuBe and while in Juve, he excelled in Conte's 3-5-2....which is why Montella's straining to get the 3-5-2 right for now.

Bonucci needs to come into better form and mark better and balance would be restored to the force.
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 23:14   #542
jawz10
National Team Player

Its not a p!rl0 excuse, its a reality. If we need to drop Bonucci in order for the team to play better I'm all for it, but if they insist on playing him he needs protection.
jawz10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 23:19   #543
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

Fav. Players: Balotelli, Locatelli, R.Rodriguez, Conti, Andre Silva, Kessi, Romagnoli

Quote:
Its not a p!rl0 excuse, its a reality. If we need to drop Bonucci in order for the team to play better I'm all for it, but if they insist on playing him he needs protection.
Protection from what? He's supposed to be the best defender on the team by far. He does not have any special needs.
Milaniscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 23:32   #544
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Weah Gullit Rijkaard Boban Savicevic Baresi Kaka Shevchenko Suarez Tevez

Quote:
Get him a pack of condoms

Signature
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 00:15   #545
NiceGuy123
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milaniscool View Post
Protection from what? He's supposed to be the best defender on the team by far. He does not have any special needs.
Problem is that for Bonucci to excel, he needs to play with defenders who are much better than he is like Bonucci and Chiellini.
NiceGuy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:00   #546
leaf
Banned

Fav. Players: Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Bonaventura

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy123 View Post
Problem is that for Bonucci to excel, he needs to play with defenders who are much better than he is like Bonucci and Chiellini.
Think you meant Barzagli
Old 03-10-2017, 01:12   #547
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

Fav. Players: Balotelli, Locatelli, R.Rodriguez, Conti, Andre Silva, Kessi, Romagnoli

Quote:
If that is the case he is not as good as the hype and a fraud. Time will tell.
Milaniscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:14   #548
NiceGuy123
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
Think you meant Barzagli
Yup
Old 03-10-2017, 03:16   #549
NiceGuy123
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milaniscool View Post
If that is the case he is not as good as the hype and a fraud. Time will tell.
He isn't, at least in terms of defending. If we're talking about ball-playing skills, he's probably the best. From a pure defending perspective, definitely not. He can't tackle at all and will also get beaten in the air by a lot of big forwards.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:24   #550
jawz10
National Team Player

Quote:
Exactly, and if our best team is with him on the bench then I say bench him. But if we want to persist with him and Biglia we need to put some better defenders/athletes near them.
jawz10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:22   #551
milanator
World Cup Winner

Maybe we should try him in RCB
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:43   #552
mato
National Team Player

Time will tell, but i think he's gonna be considered a great buy at the end of the season.
mato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 22:47   #553
joyrider
Il Moderati

90mins vs Albania this evening.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 23:48   #554
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Ibra, Crespo, Pirlo. Current AC - Jack, Romagnoli, Suso, Loca, Abate, Storari.

Quote:
Ah the P!rl0 argument.....Yeah all P!rl0 needed was a solid defense behind him, the midfield and attack to always run into space, and a personal bodyguard in midfield....and THEN HE'S OUT OF THIS FUCKING WORLD

If Bonucci actually needs all of this stuff to perform well for us (not saying that he does) then, he shouldn't even be a starting defender for us.

I say that he was a good defender even before he made it to JuBe and while in Juve, he excelled in Conte's 3-5-2....which is why Montella's straining to get the 3-5-2 right for now.

Bonucci needs to come into better form and mark better and balance would be restored to the force.
Pirlo >Leaf

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:06   #555
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:

To be fair this is valid for almost any CM (not AM or wingers). If the CM has a reliable defence at his back, then he is free to distribute balls forward properly.

Otherwise he has more defending duties, this works in reverse well for the CB's as well. If the midfield keeps getting overrun on a constant basis, this will create way more opportunities for the CB'S to inevitably fuck up.

My 2 cent are: the first 11 is good enough in terms of individual quality, its the group play that's absolutely shite.

Signature
Greatest of all time
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:46   #556
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Made the top 30 for Ballon d'Or

@Leaf - Jerome Boateng, Chiellini and Barzagli haven't made it. Might be clerical errors.

Signature

Last edited by necromancer; 10-10-2017 at 09:50.
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:46   #557
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Ash what is the reason for it?

Fraud cant do nothing i thought
Neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 20:12   #558
leaf
Banned

ppl still trust the Ballon d'Or?

'memba when they gave it to Messi in 2010 after he went through the entire World Cup without scoring a single goal? 'memba when they ignored Sneijder and Ribery

I memba

Hummels, Bonucci and Ramos (the only CB's on the list)....apparently are the best defenders in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
To be fair this is valid for almost any CM (not AM or wingers). If the CM has a reliable defence at his back, then he is free to distribute balls forward properly.

Otherwise he has more defending duties, this works in reverse well for the CB's as well. If the midfield keeps getting overrun on a constant basis, this will create way more opportunities for the CB'S to inevitably fuck up.

My 2 cent are: the first 11 is good enough in terms of individual quality, its the group play that's absolutely shite.
Agreed....but again, you'd expect such an "elite" defender to at least be able to win enough 1 on 1 battles to justify the elite tag. Thus far he's gotten beaten up fairly easily and alarmingly often for an "elite" defender. I think it all boild down to form atm....but there is the worrying alternative explanation that Juve's quality team hid his deficiencies.

Last edited by leaf; 10-10-2017 at 20:15.
Old 10-10-2017, 21:07   #559
Sage
Reinmēkā

ramos is the best defender in the world, no doubt about it.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:34   #560
leaf
Banned

I like my defenders on the pitch