The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 14-06-2011, 00:07   #61
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish View Post
they are extinct

dream signings/time machine thread

Could also be the more composed, smart-braining type of marker. There's not really a Costacurta in this generation though, is there?

I hate modern defenders.
Calum1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 00:11   #62
Kingmilan
Legendary

Fav. Players: Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy

I think this year our starting Cb pair will be : Nesta-Thiago silva (even if Mexes will get a lot of play time) . Next year , it will probably be Mexes-Thiago silva (with astori as the no3 and maybe yepes as 4) . Zapata is good but i really prefer Mexes .Yeah zapata is better than astori but again , for the no3 spot astori will do the job .

Signature

Greatness since 1899
Kingmilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 00:12   #63
Kingmilan
Legendary

Fav. Players: Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy

A more aggressive defensive counterpart to pair up with silva ? Yeah i totally agree and thats pretty much with we got with Mexes !

Signature

Greatness since 1899
Kingmilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 00:13   #64
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum1903 View Post
I think someone more aggressive and dominant would bring out the best in Silva and give Milan's backline the best balance. Ideally, that player would also be a leader/organiser.

Stam.
Havent you seen enough of Silva this season to convince you that he is on his way to becoming that?

For me Zapata is the ideal partner for Silva. Silva, as we have seen, is a thinker. He anticipates his opponents moves five steps ahead, hence why he is in the right position at the right moment almost all the time. Yes, Silva can also be the marauding CB ala Lucio if he wants to but it would be better for Milan if he is the more sensible type and is a leader at the back (especially if he is to be our future Il Capitano ). Zapata on the other hand, we can afford him to be more of the impusive type. And I dont mean the crazy stupid Mexes type impulsive, but more the more adventurous type of impulsive who occasionally helps the attack while Silva holds the fort at the back (cauz let's face it, he is the ONLY one we can trust to do that). That doesnt mean that Zapata would be solely the attacking type CB, he would still need to do his defensive duties (and that too admirably), but it also means he will not be completely restricted to it.

I feel Silva can take over Nesta's role imo. He is the best positioned and suited to do so (considering he is the apprentice of both Nesta and Maldini) and also as he would be the senior-most member of our defense after Abbiati. Plus if some may have noticed, he is already on his way to become what Nesta was/is for Milan albeit with a different approach.

Zapata on the other hand can be the new Silva. That isnt meant to say that Silva should change how he approaches his game, definitely not. But he is also better equipped to handle pressure situations which makes him more suited to take the backseat in the partnership. Zapata would be the new Silva in the sense that he would be the rookie of the duo, and would be less burdened with defensive responsibilites and arranging the defense...

So I dont see why we need a new Nesta to partner Silva when we already have him
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 02:09   #65
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

Because next season Nesta (retire), Yepes and Zambrotta leave... Zapata comes now and learn more from his fellow man Yepes and From Silva, Nesta and Mexes... WE WILL DOMINATE !!!

Signature
Dottore Joey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011, 12:39   #66
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Fav. Players: Associazione Calcio Milan

Adz77: Zapata: Played 35 games, 2 goals from 4 shots, won 62 of 73 tackles (84.9%), completed 952 of 1128 passes (84.4) made 29 fouls (6YC 0R)

TheCalcioItalia: Udinese's Zapata: "I am very close to Liverpool. I have gained experience, but the time has come to make the jump to a big team." #fb

Adz77: Zapata: Quick, aggressive, with good anticipation, tactically intelligent & able to play at rb as well as centrally. Interesting that (cont)
acmilan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011, 16:04   #67
RollingPapers
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel

Looks like his joining Liverpool
RollingPapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011, 16:07   #68
Kasoka
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePk911 View Post
Looks like his joining Liverpool
we don't need him anyway.
Kasoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 20:27   #69
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Javier Matilla has been loaned out to Betis for the season from Villarreal so he wont be part of their offer for Zapata which was probably bullshit anyways. Liverpool however might still be interested but i think he should stay another year at Udinese and then join us for further glory.
Old 28-06-2011, 20:34   #70
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Shocked jube or inter don't hijack this deal. Proven young quality serie a defender for cheap

Infact id love him year though its unlikely....

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 20:31   #71
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Zapata heading for Spain
Colombian shuns Liverpool interest

Quote:
Cristian Zapata has shunned Liverpool's interest and agreed a deal with Villarreal.

Liverpool made a move for the Udinese central defender last month, but Villarreal were always at the head of the queue which also included Bayern Munich.

And now, after talks with his agent, Villarreal have come to agreement with the Colombian.

The 24-year-old has agreed a five-year deal and will officially put pen to paper after the Copa America.

"They were the first club to show an interest in him," his agent Jerome Barbadillo said when asked why he opted for Villarreal.

"He is very happy, but is now focused on the Copa America - but he is aware of everything."

The deal is understood to be worth €7milllion and they are also reported to have offered them one of Jozy Altidore or Marco Ruben.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...023732,00.html

If true then Udinese are getting ripped off
Old 06-07-2011, 20:38   #72
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

Why sell him ??? Just why sell him ???

Signature
Old 06-07-2011, 20:41   #73
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Joey View Post
Why sell him ??? Just why sell him ???
Is he not out of contract next summer?
Calum1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 20:43   #74
Dottore Joey
Vice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum1903 View Post
Is he not out of contract next summer?
Well still stupid just give him a good contract, he was the heart in Udinese defence, This is why Italian football is like he is today !

Signature
Old 06-07-2011, 21:03   #75
MilanReality
Banned

he's off to Villareal folks.
Ya heard it here... and from Forever... and other places...

and just dumb.
MilanReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 21:05   #76
Dottore Joey
Vice

I'm about to slap the CL out of Udinese...

Signature
Old 06-07-2011, 21:06   #77
Baresiuno
AC Milan Legend

Great news.
Now we can stay clear of the silly hype of this mediocre/decent/not Milan-quality player.
Spanish mid-table team is the best place for him.

And perhaps Villareal are selling Musacchio to Milan now...

Last edited by Baresiuno; 06-07-2011 at 21:10.
Baresiuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 21:11   #78
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Joey View Post
Well still stupid just give him a good contract, he was the heart in Udinese defence, This is why Italian football is like he is today !
udinese don't have money

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 21:12   #79
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baresiuno View Post
Great news.
Now we can stay clear of the silly hype of this mediocre/decent/not Milan-quality player.
Spanish mid-table team is the best place for him.

And perhaps Villareal are selling Musacchio now...
I like Mussachio but Zapata is better than him right now. Of course theres a 4 year age gap and im backing Mussachio to become as good if not better.

Btw, Villarreal isnt mid-table, they were EL semi finalists last season and CL hopefuls this season. A good young side as well. Top 7 side at least

Udinese will regret this.

Last edited by acmilan4ever; 06-07-2011 at 21:17.
Old 06-07-2011, 21:12   #80
Dottore Joey
Vice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
udinese don't have money
Exactly. Italy has no money...

Signature