The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 22-09-2015, 22:45   #81
Sven
Super Moderator

Interesting player. Reminds me a lot of... De Sciglio when he started

His passing has a way to go
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 22:52   #82
FNF
'That' guy...

Fav. Players: Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Interesting player. Reminds me a lot of... De Sciglio when he started

His passing has a way to go
I was thinking that myself. I hope his development doesn't stall like DeS and he stays fit.
FNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2015, 03:25   #83
helloAgain
National Team Player

i think he is different than DES. He is already better than DES with ball. A bit weaker than DES in defending but he will improve there. glad we are able to continue producing the FBs
helloAgain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2015, 04:04   #84
kevin_dk
AC Milan Icon

Him getting subbed off really weakened Milan's right flank. Alex has never been acceptable as a fullback.
kevin_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2015, 04:52   #85
Tantalis
Heyoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_dk View Post
Him getting subbed off really weakened Milan's right flank. Alex has never been acceptable as a fullback.
alex didnt play as fullback
Tantalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2015, 05:15   #86
Don_Jacare
Banned

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Gem of a player. Love this kid.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2015, 06:15   #87
joyrider
Il Moderati

sell for 40mil to man city
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2015, 13:08   #88
Neo'82
Always On Point

The kid has no fear and is clearly confident in his ability going forward(good feet) the lack of pace and presence may hinder him in regards to defending though.
Neo'82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2015, 16:00   #89
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Nice surprise this season. I am not going to lie, I have never heard of him before the preseason.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2015, 19:38   #90
VooDooDoll
))<>((

Fav. Players: Donnarumma Locatelli

Getting confidence during the game.

Not seeing long here (??)classic side line play by fb, sad cross to nobody.

(one touch pass back from honda... honda -> abate last season )

Great play here.

Still too many mistakes in general but he has time to learn.
VooDooDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2015, 18:58   #91
Casualista
Banned

creative wingback mezz’ala
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2015, 18:59   #92
Don_Jacare
Banned

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

He should be CAM instead of honda
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2015, 10:31   #93
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_swagger View Post
He should be CAM instead of honda
Calabria played also in midfield and attack for Milan and Italy U17-19. I wouldn't be surprised if miha try him as a CAM, but i don't think it will happen any soon.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
i wrote a song about a potato, can you please listen to it?

http://picosong.com/H84h/
Birsaforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2015, 11:15   #94
joyrider
Il Moderati

rw in a 433
Old 26-09-2015, 11:54   #95
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

False rb.
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 13:23   #96
Elmayonesa
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Shevchenko

Davide Calabria's emergence as a "very important player for the future of this club" has given AC Milan fans a new home-grown full-back to cherish. The 18-year-old, having made his senior debut on the final day of last season, started this term on the bench but an injury has offered the defender a run of games. He has not disappointed, setting up a goal on his first home appearance and performing so well as to keep his place for the Rossoneri's last two Serie A matches.

Name: Davide Calabria
Club: AC Milan
Debut: 30 May 2015 v Atalanta BC (Serie A)
Position: full-back
Nationality: Italian
Date of birth: 6 December 1996
Preferred foot: right
Height: 177cm

They say ...
"Calabria has great qualities. If he keeps his feet firmly on the ground, he will have a great future in football. I pick him only because I have huge faith in his talent."
Milan coach Sini?a Mihajlović

"Calabria has won everyone over. He is already a crowd favourite at San Siro."
Milan president Silvio Berlusconi

"Calabria is always very calm and clear-headed on the pitch. For someone so young, this is very important. Now we must be patient with him, but he has a great future ahead."
Milan midfielder Riccardo Montolivo

Background ...
Born in Brescia, Calabria joined Milan aged 12 and shone for the Rossoneri's age-group teams, operating predominantly in midfield. In 2014, by now a right-back, Calabria was a key member of the side coached by Filippo Inzaghi that won Italy's most prestigious youth tournament, the Viareggio Cup.

Inzaghi was appointed head coach soon afterwards and gave Calabria his Serie A debut at the end of the 2014/15 campaign. The defender subsequently convinced Inzaghi's successor Mihajlović with some fine pre-season performances and is now catching the eye in the Italian top flight.

Playing style ...
Calabria has two good feet and decent ball control. Though not physically dominant, the teenager is blessed with speed and stamina, enabling him to get up and down the right flank and deliver precise crosses. "He is already very mature," said Stefano Nava, an ex-Milan defender coaching in the club's youth system. "He is a modern player, extremely versatile ? the kind of player every coach loves because he can be used in several roles."

Davide Calabria is a fan of Bayern's David Alaba

Shades of ...
Comparisons with Paolo Maldini are inevitable for a young full-back making his way at San Siro. "He is my hero," Calabria said of the Diavolo's erstwhile captain. "I also like [Mattia] De Sciglio, [Dani] Carvajal and [David] Alaba." Calabria asked Alaba for his shirt after the Rossoneri's summer friendly against Bayern M?nchen. The Austrian international is probably the player Calabria resembles most for his qualities and versatility.

Breakthrough ...
Replacing the injured Ignazio Abate 18 minutes into the Palermo home game on 19 September, Calabria crossed for one of Carlos Bacca's two goals in the ensuing 3-2 victory. "Bravissimo Davide Calabria," Maldini posted on Instagram. "He was man of the match alongside Bacca."

Praise also came from Alessandro Nesta. "Great personality," he said. "When you suddenly have to come [into the team], you usually think about not making a big mistake. However, he took risks and it paid off." The following week Calabria was in the starting lineup away to Udinese.

Best-case scenario ...
Calabria will become a key man for Milan if his development continues at its current rate. "He is a very important player for the future of this club," Mihajlović said. "With him, [Rodrigo] Ely and [Alessio] Romagnoli we have the back line set for the next ten years."

He says ...
"I joined the squad in the summer and have tried to give my best. Fortunately, I played well from the off and the coach told me I could have a place in the team this season. I take his fighting spirit as an inspiration."

"It's an incredible feeling, impossible to describe. Playing in Serie A for the team I supported as a boy is amazing."
Calabria describes his emotions after his Serie A bow

"It was a special game, I gave my best. Playing in a stadium like San Siro is never easy, but I was calm and everything went well."
Speaking after his debut against Palermo

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociatio...avide+calabria
Elmayonesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 18:09   #97
irkuysm
World Cup Winner

He is typical la liga rb, pacey & skillful, but doesnt have the physique for Serie A.

I hope he prove me wrong.
irkuysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 18:23   #98
joyrider
Il Moderati

in good time his body will put on more weight....he's still 18yrs
Old 03-10-2015, 18:39   #99
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

The next Maldini or the next De Sciglio(former next Maldini)?

Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 19:21   #100
Burlesqoni
AC Milan Icon

The next maradona at least.

Signature
Burlesqoni is offline   Reply With Quote