The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:42   #41
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

Actually I think marquinhos was the most complete young centerback I've seen in a while. Moreso than varane, Laporte, etc
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:52   #42
AsparagusFC
#hungry

Fav. Players: Chris John, Alan Shearer, Fan Gamma Bizen

varane naah, he just too calm to be the best.

Signature

"Muchachos, los de afuera son de palo. Que empiece la función "
AsparagusFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:55   #43
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by A?*AP Mario View Post
Actually I think marquinhos was the most complete young centerback I've seen in a while. Moreso than varane, Laporte, etc
Agreed. It's very difficult to find a CB who is consistent defensively nowadays, (and that's why the young ones are being priced so high, since there's little value in the experienced part of the market)...

Among the good ones, Marquinhos stands out a little probably. Ahead of Benatia, Bonucci, the Atleti CBs and possibly Hummels.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:59   #44
milanicious
AC Milan Icon

Best young defenders in the world are Gimenez and Zouma.

Best CB is Godin
milanicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:03   #45
indo
Senior Team Member

Buy him..then we got all italian solid defense.
De sciglio, Palleta, Romagnoli, Antonelli.
indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:39   #46
Ender
R.I.P Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikita View Post
sure you dont. lmao.
talks about assumptions. assumes romagnoli is not worth 20 mil investment.
cool story
Whatever dude, I'm not gonna waste energy to convince someone on the other side of internet about what I do or don't do with my free time . Keep on trolling, you're doing a fine job ...
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:45   #47
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
In terms of game play only, what is Romagnoli better than Laporte in? I understand that he's Italian and that's an advantage but asking specifically in game play. Laporte is the most complete most proven 21 year old CB I have seen in a letter long long time. I don't even know if Nesta or Cannavaro were as good as he is at 21.

Unfortunately it seems that we will pick Romagnoli because he was trained by Miha last year. He knows him better than most.

Silently hoping that somehow shit goes wrong and we go for Laporte. Alessio 's agent did say Milans lack of European football does act as a stumbling block, hopefully big enough to not come so we can 'settle' for the new Nesta. I doubt he would be sold for less than his clause. I don't think the management rates him that highly and I think that's s mistake. We have to buy him at that price before our European opponents will. They're all in search of a great CB and they don't come better than this at 21. Laporte's ready for the big stage.
Again this is the trap that leads many to think footballers progress linearly. Even if (that's a huge call firstly) Laporte is better than Nesta or Maldini or Baresi when all of them were 21, there's absolutely nothing to ensure he'll continue to be better than them when they are 25 or 30 or 35..

All evidence suggests the opposite in fact. You cannot predict how much a footballer will increase his effectiveness from 21 to 26 or from any other age range.

Buying young players is all about blind trust and some confidence in the level that they've already reached. We can't say anything conclusive about Laporte or Romagnoli beyond what they've already achieved.

Signature
Old 05-07-2015, 06:51   #48
sushanmilano
Nostalgia....

Fav. Players: Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol

i dont disagree with laporte's valuation . But do we go all out and pay 50 mil for him and carry on with paletta as the other cb or buy romagnoli and get another solid starting centre back for another 20 million

Signature
sushanmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:24   #49
Naraku
AC Milan Legend

Sabatini blocked Romagnoli's sale to us.
Naraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:58   #50
Lord Snow
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Shevchenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naraku View Post
Or is it just a ploy to raise his value 4-5 mill.
Lord Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:34   #51
Naraku
AC Milan Legend

^^^ IF that's the case they can keep him. 25M is high, he has a lot of hype but stil.... not too mention we would of just pumped 45M into our rivals.
Naraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 13:00   #52
USC
god of thunder

Quote:
Roma's Walter Sabatini reportedly blocked any possible transfer of Alessio Romagnoli to Milan.

The 20-year-old defender impressed last season during his loan at Sampdoria and has attracted the interest of several clubs, in particular the Rossoneri.

Milan had already signed Andrea Bertolacci from Roma in a very similar fashion, but sporting director Sabatini was quoted by Il Corriere della Sera as being opposed to any kind of transfer.

?Romagnoli won't be sold, he must not be sold,? said the Giallorossi director.
I never thought we had a chance, headed toward optimism as I'm a huge fan, so now we must destroy Sabatini. Get. Romagnoli. Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Again this is the trap that leads many to think footballers progress linearly. Even if (that's a huge call firstly) Laporte is better than Nesta or Maldini or Baresi when all of them were 21, there's absolutely nothing to ensure he'll continue to be better than them when they are 25 or 30 or 35..

All evidence suggests the opposite in fact. You cannot predict how much a footballer will increase his effectiveness from 21 to 26 or from any other age range.

Buying young players is all about blind trust and some confidence in the level that they've already reached. We can't say anything conclusive about Laporte or Romagnoli beyond what they've already achieved.
Neco, I've not been a fan of your new character/recent heel turn, but this post is the best post on this forum in a very long time. Well done.
USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 13:46   #53
Raz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naraku View Post
Like hell he did. He will sell any player for the right amount. We would have to overpay of course, but if it's not too much, I say do it.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 17:24   #54
ladro
AC Milan Icon

Why the hell would roma sell something they desperately need? manolas romagnoli sounds like a duo with good potential. Maybe lack experience i guess.

Signature

''SPES SIBI QUISQUE''
ladro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 16:15   #55
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC View Post
Neco, I've not been a fan of your new character/recent heel turn, but this post is the best post on this forum in a very long time. Well done.
Why thank you. The heel turn was necessary to keep myself interested in posting every day. There's only so much one can do with straight-laced, tactic-related posts.

Signature
Old 06-07-2015, 18:34   #56
benavulture
Primavera Player

The kid from atletico bilbao very good feeding pass to winger/mf...rogmanoli better with defence...
I go for rogmanoli..

Sent from my T1L using Tapatalk
benavulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 00:10   #57
adit
Senior Team Member

his appearance is 30 last season
Sampdoria itself managed to finish to top table
he's also under Mihajlovic guidance

so Miha already familiar with his style, so the odds of success is fairly high if you train with same coach

i say Milan should pursue him, as for the money as long as we can afford him, i don't care about the amount, we're very rich guys
adit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:41   #58
AsparagusFC
#hungry

Fav. Players: Chris John, Alan Shearer, Fan Gamma Bizen

like Allegri affairs with Matri/Astori?

Signature

"Muchachos, los de afuera son de palo. Que empiece la función "
AsparagusFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:07   #59
DAZnBLAST
Rookie

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, MvB, Sheva, Gullit, Rijkaard, Sav, Weah, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso....

You lot have to remember Miha has coached this lad already. He's worth what Miha thinks he's worth, and it sounds like ?18m-?20m.
DAZnBLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 17:58   #60
joyrider
Il Moderati

even for 25mil we should get him
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote