The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 10-09-2016, 17:17   #1
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli
Default Official: Massimiliano Mirabelli Thread

most likely our new sporting director

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Jasper; 10-09-2016 at 23:16.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 02:56   #2
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

ItalMax

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 03:52   #3
Rickaka
molto life

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf, Balotelli, Willems, Memphis Depay

Who is Massimo Mirabelli: AC Milan's new director of sport

Quote:
10 September at 20:00

New AC Milan GM and CEO Marco Fassone has shortlisted a few candidates to hire as new clubís Sporting Director, a key figure that the rossoneri side are missing since Ariedo Braida left the club leaving Adriano Galliani with the double role of CEO and director of sport.

The ĎCondorí has been struggling to find the right players to fix AC Milanís woes over the last few seasons, not to mention that he has made business with a restricted brand of clubs and agents, hoping to find the solution to AC Milanís endless technical crisis.

Massimo Mirabelli has an opposite style compared to his diavoli counterpart. The current Inter chief scout is on Fassoneís shortlist alongside AS Roma DS Walter Sabatini.
Mirabelli started his career as sporting director after ending his playing career aged 26. He begun from Italyís non-professional leagues winning bags of trophies in every club he worked. He snatched two consecutives promotions from Serie D to Serie C1 with Rende and Cosenza, before moving to England, where he worked for Southampton for a short spell before being appointed by Inter in 2014, when he was hired as chief scout.

Mirabelliís way of being a scout has nothing to do with an average, modern scout who prefers watching DVDs sitting from a hotelís room. Mirabelli travels for kilometres and kilometres to watch the best prospects of football in first person.

He usually spends two months travelling around South America to watch every single talent worth a call by Inter, during the rest of the year he does the same around Europe. Murillo, Perisic, Gabigol and Brozovic are only a few names suggested by Mirabelli to the nerazzurri as well as Gabriel Jesus, Aubameyang and Bruma who eventually did not join the San Siro outfit.

​Fassone believes that Mirabelli is the right man to make AC Milan great again. Fassone wants a man who is able to spot the most interesting prospects around the world and who is constantly monitoring them. An Old-style sporting director, a role that Galliani is not fit to cover anymore.

Signature
Rickaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 05:49   #4
Lord Snow
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Shevchenko

Old style sporting director which is completely opposite to what Walter Sabatini and Paul dePosta (Moneyball Johna Hill) are.
Can we atleast give him a team of stat freaks that will crunch numbers all the time so that he only concentrates on the great ones.
Moneyball isn't the answer but Old School + Moneyball is what really works IMO
Lord Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 04:18   #5
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

I'd be happy with anything but moneyball. The day this club becomes Roma or Spurs like in transfers, it'll lose some of the charm.

Signature
Old 13-09-2016, 04:39   #6
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
I'd be happy with anything but moneyball. The day this club becomes Roma or Spurs like in transfers, it'll lose some of the charm.
Galliani: ďI like to think of myself as being Billy Beane"
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 14:12   #7
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Quote:
Uhm, tbf we have never had Tottenham/Roma spot in football. They might be on top of us now but ... no.

Signature

Old 13-09-2016, 15:36   #8
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Uhm, tbf we have never had Tottenham/Roma spot in football. They might be on top of us now but ... no.
I didn't say we have had their spot in football..

Signature
Old 13-09-2016, 15:40   #9
Jasper
Maldini tier

Quote:
I didn't say we have had their spot in football..
I know. With or without moneyball we will not be Tottenham/Roma. I know nothing about baseball but I'm pretty sure moneyball is very different in Oakland A's and Boston Red Sox. We are not Oakland/Roma/Tottenham, we are Boston.

Signature

Old 13-09-2016, 15:45   #10
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Agreed. But I'd hate it if we started doing transfer market like those clubs (or Inter). Some of Milan's charm will be gone for me. It's a purely personal opinion.

Signature
Old 13-09-2016, 16:48   #11
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

Quote:
Agreed. But I'd hate it if we started doing transfer market like those clubs (or Inter). Some of Milan's charm will be gone for me. It's a purely personal opinion.
What is moneyball to you?
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 16:55   #12
Jammin
prostituted by the mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Big scary numbers
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 17:07   #13
brk
World Cup Winner

I'm not sure what this 'moneyball' discussion is about. Football is not a stats driven sport and you can't apply what they did to baseball. It's not possible.

What I like about Mirabelli from what I read is that he spends a LOT of time travelling and watching players first hand. Something that I used to hate about Galliani is how often he overvalues players that have a good game against us (Bertolacci being the most recent example).

Paired with a Milan legend like Maldini/Albertini, i'm sure they can work in partnership to figure out what's wrong with the squad and find the best options to work towards. Mistakes like letting Pirlo go hopefully won't happen again.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 17:47   #14
dcfcfan1
Banned

I like us bringing an interista in because we need someone who makes decisions using their head and not their heart
dcfcfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 18:39   #15
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Stats driven transfer decisions. Or FM driven scouting, a game which I'm 100% sure Sabatini plays 10 hrs a day.

Signature
Old 13-09-2016, 20:08   #16
Jasper
Maldini tier

Quote:
I think we will have hard time holding the Berlusconi years family club legacy. Hopefully.

Signature

Old 13-09-2016, 20:08   #17
Jasper
Maldini tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfcfan1 View Post
I like us bringing an interista in because we need someone who makes decisions using their head and not their heart

Signature

Old 13-09-2016, 20:14   #18
VultureSheva
Banned

Our new Braida.

You will all like Mirabelli, he will do well, believe the Vulture.
VultureSheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 20:21   #19
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

He is taking over an idiot.
No one can do worse than g.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 04:33   #20
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfcfan1 View Post

Signature