The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

View Poll Results: How do you like Montolivo?
1st 11 9 12.00%
On the bench 18 24.00%
In another team 24 32.00%
Retired 24 32.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-12-2010, 04:14   #41
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kak, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

No thanks.
Montolivo is far too inconsistent to play for a big club.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 10:54   #42
ladro
AC Milan Icon

Had a boner for him a while ago but no need for another slow, inconsistent italian playmaker.
ladro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 23:46   #43
ToonInvader
4th GK

Fav. Players: Maldini, Davids, Schweinsteiger, Bergkamp, Jonah Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by мιℓαηєℓℓσ View Post
No thanks.
Montolivo is far too inconsistent to play for a big club.
that's what people thought of pirlo when he was at inter.

Signature

"Life goes on. Otherwise, Maradonna would still play football. I am now the coach of AC Milan. But in a few years, I'll be back in Livorno, fishing on a raft in the middle of the sea " M.A.
ToonInvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 23:14   #44
Australiano1980
StarWars VIII

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario

Montolivo need more personality.. playing in a big club now could only show us that Fiorentina is the right place for him.

Signature
Australiano1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 23:45   #45
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiano1980 View Post
Montolivo need more personality.. playing in a big club now could only show us that Fiorentina is the right place for him.
Possibly. Though he was one of there best performers in ucl last year when they were robbed v. bayern.

He needs to leave fiorentina. MAybe he's good enough for Milan/maybe he's not. It's a gamble I'd take on the right price...

that club is so young and inconsistent.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 00:01   #46
Australiano1980
StarWars VIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
Possibly. Though he was one of there best performers in ucl last year when they were robbed v. bayern.

He needs to leave fiorentina. MAybe he's good enough for Milan/maybe he's not. It's a gamble I'd take on the right price...

that club is so young and inconsistent.
Youre saying that he deserves a change.. is fair..

But i see him.. more like a DM only.. not a guy to spread energy to the team. He remindes me Pirlo.. when Pirlo play a little bit foward.

Signature
Old 21-02-2011, 00:05   #47
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiano1980 View Post
Youre saying that he deserves a change.. is fair..

But i see him.. more like a DM only.. not a guy to spread energy to the team. He remindes me Pirlo.. when Pirlo play a little bit foward.
hah thats actually my biggest problem with him. Fiorentina recently switched back to 3 man CM and he looks MILES better. For me his best year was 1 where felipe melo was DM he was LCM and kuzmanovic was RCM? He had freedom getting forward and playing box-to-box.

Since then he's been playing like xabi alonso which is a waste IMO.

I think in allegri's tactics he's a perfect fit for midfield. Actually same with Leo's inter... side of 3 man CM

Signature
Quote:
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 21-02-2011, 00:14   #48
Australiano1980
StarWars VIII

Quote:
hah thats actually my biggest problem with him. Fiorentina recently switched back to 3 man CM and he looks MILES better. For me his best year was 1 where felipe melo was DM he was LCM and kuzmanovic was RCM? He had freedom getting forward and playing box-to-box.

Since then he's been playing like xabi alonso which is a waste IMO.

I think in allegri's tactics he's a perfect fit for midfield. Actually same with Leo's inter... side of 3 man CM
Is a waste.. you can confirm that watching him in NT. He is been worst and worst on NT.

Signature
Old 21-02-2011, 00:41   #49
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

I don't like him.

But that's my opinion, Hope he makes me change my mind if he comes here.

Signature
Dottore Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 03:15   #50
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

I have a feeling that he ends up in Inter this summer, or possibly Roma as part of Carlo's rebuilding project

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 11:10   #51
RossonerRonaldo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMilan View Post
I have a feeling that he ends up in Inter this summer, or possibly Roma as part of Carlo's rebuilding project
He will most likely end at Parma or some shit team cuz he's shit player .
RossonerRonaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 12:31   #52
Marco Gullit
Banned

Fav. Players: Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossonerRonaldo View Post
He will most likely end at Parma or some shit team cuz he's shit player .
Mate, have you seen our midfield lately, its worse than a shit teams just now!

Montolivo would work very well alongside MvB right about now. I hate to break it to you but we aint going to blow 60+ million on 3 new WC midfielders. The best we can hope for is one from Poli, Lazzari or Montolivo, then a South American CAM or Eriksen for CAM and finally we might see a Mascherano type signing, a B&G favourite where a big player is available for cheap... Thats the best we can hope for, so a player that you deem shit is the kinda player we're likely to end up with, if your not happy with that away a support Real or Man City. Milan are in a transitional period, most on here are learning to deal with it and we're reigning in our transfer ambitions, I think you should try it also.

I await a childish retort with anticipation
Marco Gullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 16:43   #53
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Gullit View Post

Montolivo would work very well alongside MvB right about now. I hate to break it to you but we aint going to blow 60+ million on 3 new WC midfielders. The best we can hope for is one from Poli, Lazzari or Montolivo, then a South American CAM or Eriksen for CAM and finally we might see a Mascherano type signing, a B&G favourite where a big player is available for cheap... Thats the best we can hope for, so a player that you deem shit is the kinda player we're likely to end up with, if your not happy with that away a support Real or Man City. Milan are in a transitional period, most on here are learning to deal with it and we're reigning in our transfer ambitions, I think you should try it also.

seriously, Monty + MvB + Boateng is a major improvement in our midfield. I hope we get Monty, and hijack Aquilani and get Poli for the future. IMO, Lazzari isn't too good.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 16:48   #54
Marco Gullit
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weah-man View Post
seriously, Monty + MvB + Boateng is a major improvement in our midfield. I hope we get Monty, and hijack Aquilani and get Poli for the future. IMO, Lazzari isn't too good.
Cant fault that midfield, yes we could do better, but bringing in Monty, re-signing MvB and getting Prince fit would be a massive thing for us... Although getting Mascherano rather than re-signing MvB would be a transfer of Ibra type proportions

If we get Monty, Mexes and some free transfers then wait for Papa Berlu to splash some cash on a couple of new toys we'll be moving in the right direction. One of the main reasons I want Monty is that he's better than Lazzari, and the main reason we wanted Lazzari was because he's better than Dorf and Italian, Monty is better than Dorf and Lazzari and is Italian so it should be a no brainer
Old 21-02-2011, 16:52   #55
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Cant fault that midfield, yes we could do better, but bringing in Monty, re-signing MvB and getting Prince fit would be a massive thing for us... Although getting Mascherano rather than re-signing MvB would be a transfer of Ibra type proportions

If we get Monty, Mexes and some free transfers then wait for Papa Berlu to splash some cash on a couple of new toys we'll be moving in the right direction. One of the main reasons I want Monty is that he's better than Lazzari, and the main reason we wanted Lazzari was because he's better than Dorf and Italian, Monty is better than Dorf and Lazzari and is Italian so it should be a no brainer
Yea, isn't Monty rumored to be closer to Inter and Bayern than us? For some reason, I doubt Barca is just going to let Mascherano walk for cheap though =/

Signature
Old 21-02-2011, 16:56   #56
Marco Gullit
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weah-man View Post
Yea, isn't Monty rumored to be closer to Inter and Bayern than us? For some reason, I doubt Barca is just going to let Mascherano walk for cheap though =/
I think its all just paper talk just now, until something concrete comes out that he's not re-signing I think any team with 10 million has a chance to pick him up... If Barca get Cesc they will look to offload someone and a sensible offer might tempt Masch away. If they paid 24 million then an offer of 16 million upwards would be considered I think, anything less than that I think will be deamed cheeky!
Old 21-02-2011, 17:15   #57
Eccolo
Keep calm! Sell everyone!

Fav. Players: Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players

Dont problem with Montolivo is that a) he hasnt really shown anything on the big stage and b) he is extremly slow, I mean even slower then Pirlo and that is a rarity. I like Ilicic from Palermo but I dont think he suits us that well, I actually like having Robinho as AM so I feel we should focus on getting two CM:s, a left back and a CB
Eccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 19:45   #58
RossonerRonaldo
Banned

Quote:

Montolivo isnt the guy for our Midfielder Nuff Said
The only Italian(that i know off) i'd get would be Marchisio.
I'd rather promote one of our youngsters then waste money on a 50/50 player im dead serious.
RossonerRonaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 22:27   #59
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccolo View Post
Dont problem with Montolivo is that a) he hasnt really shown anything on the big stage and b) he is extremly slow, I mean even slower then Pirlo and that is a rarity. I like Ilicic from Palermo but I dont think he suits us that well, I actually like having Robinho as AM so I feel we should focus on getting two CM:s, a left back and a CB
Thats a complete lie, lol. Haver you even watched montolivo?

speed demon? Nah.. but not slow

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 22-02-2011, 07:09   #60
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Thats a complete lie, lol. Haver you even watched montolivo?

speed demon? Nah.. but not slow
IMO, we should try to go for him if Pirlo leaves us.

Signature