Giacomo Bonaventura Thread

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Dude ffs mass. Cause i like you, i am not going to bother replying but you are seriously underrating marchisio bro. He performs better in big games compared to any other jube player usually. I said usually so now dont randomly pick out one game where he played awful and say that he was shocking in that particular match lol.

Good thing you put that in there :lol:

These big games you're on about, i'm presuming you're talking about the league games right. If that's the case then fairplay.

See when i'm thinking World class i'm looking at League UCL + International football.

World Class for me are the likes of Kroos, Rakitic, Modric, Matic, Mascherano, Vidal, Schweini, Toure, Silva etc etc Top Tier... the likes of panesar and marchisio are 2-3 levels below them.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
I agree about the players u mentioned being better than him but not panesar lol. Marchisio is way better than panesar. Equal to pogba. Still world class level though or atleast very close to it.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I'd say Marchisio is world class.

Big lol at you including Matic who had a few good seasons in a subpar league and has been terrible for Chelsea this season.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Official: Giacomo Bonaventura Thread

Marchisio aint world class. No way!

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
I agree about the players u mentioned being better than him but not panesar lol. Marchisio is way better than panesar. Equal to pogba. Still world class level though or atleast very close to it.

I didn't say panesar was better, but rather both are no where near world class.

Pogba imo is.... young and steps up vs the big teams on plety of occasions... whether it be league or ucl.

I'd say Marchisio is world class.

Big lol at you including Matic who had a few good seasons in a subpar league and has been terrible for Chelsea this season.

You think kpb is a legend so you're not exactly the best of judges :cool:

So where does this fit into your narrative on Matic.

MaticChelsea-580270.jpg

Form is temporary... Class is Permanent.

Marchisio aint world class. No way!

:proud:

MilanMarkus

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I didn't say panesar was better, but rather both are no where near world class.

Pogba imo is.... young and steps up vs the big teams on plety of occasions... whether it be league or ucl.

You think kpb is a legend so you're not exactly the best of judges :cool:

So where does this fit into your narrative on Matic.

MaticChelsea-580270.jpg

Form is temporary... Class is Permanent.

:proud:

Not impressed. It's no coincidence that Arsenal are currently at the top of the table while all the big teams in the PL are in crisis.

Chelsea is nowhere near the level they were around 2008.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
got to love massaro :lol:.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Marchisio is great and for the current Juve is almost at irreplaceable level considering the amount of work that he does in the middle of the field. The beauty of Marchisio is that he's very good at many things, unlike players like Pirlo. Put Marchisio in any team and it won't become worse, put Pirlo with the wrong midfield and it might get worse. Building a team with Marchisio in it is a no-brainer and personally I'd rather have Marchisio than Vidal.

Matic is also solid in midfield, tall, physical and has good technique. For a Mourinho team, he can be the difference between a solid team and one that wins the league.

Boateng also can be great, or at least I've seen games where Boateng ruled ... the problem with Boateng is the same as that with many other inconsistent great players (looks at Robinho). They are frustratingly inconsistent if not properly motivated to play well and need to be spoon fed motivation before every single game (and if possible every single day of the week)

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Marchisio is great and for the current Juve is almost at irreplaceable level considering the amount of work that he does in the middle of the field. The beauty of Marchisio is that he's very good at many things, unlike players like Pirlo. Put Marchisio in any team and it won't become worse, put Pirlo with the wrong midfield and it might get worse. Building a team with Marchisio in it is a no-brainer and personally I'd rather have Marchisio than Vidal.

Matic is also solid in midfield, tall, physical and has good technique. For a Mourinho team, he can be the difference between a solid team and one that wins the league.

Boateng also can be great, or at least I've seen games where Boateng ruled ... the problem with Boateng is the same as that with many other inconsistent great players (looks at Robinho). They are frustratingly inconsistent if not properly motivated to play well and need to be spoon fed motivation before every single game (and if possible every single day of the week)

- Marchisio? Good midfielder. He is a great midfielder on his best days and an average one on his bad days but he is very consistent on performing well.

- Matic? All the tools there but has underperform this whole season for Chelsea.

- Boateng? Which one? I assume you say Prince. In that case, he can give your team lots of energy and occasionally pull the rabbit out of the hat but regularly he is average. Not great passing skills and average shooting but if he has the right players next to him, it can give him lots of space to operate.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
The second best rated Serie A player in WhoScored.

CWtid1lWUAQBUoH.png

The second player with the most key passes in Serie A.

CWtj52FWIAAH668.png

The second assist men in Serie A.

CWtfxD5UwAApMg-.jpg

Also in the list of players who have attempted the most shots per game.

CWtjQq7WEAAPTCC.png

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Such amazing footbal player :thumbsup: always believed he will do well here even before we were to sign him. He has also developed so much under Mihajlovic.

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
this guy is 26 - should be playing his peak years at Milan!

keep it up!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
It would not be even near with all the clear chances that the Empoli forwards and MFs kept missing for most of the season.

Grass is always greener on the other side, eh? :rolleyes:

Bonaventura leads the key passes
We need Acerbi back
Still believe we took Acerbi and Mesbah because of whoscored ratings .... :-)g: thinking he found Moneyball formula on that site)

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Grass is always greener on the other side, eh? :rolleyes:

Bonaventura leads the key passes

Still believe we took Acerbi and Mesbah because of whoscored ratings .... :-)g: thinking he found Moneyball formula on that site)

:lol::lol::lol:
Not really. I really like Jack. If he can be quicker in passing it would make him better. I have been watching lots of serie A games besides our beloved club this season and that is just my honest opinion. I prefer Saponara as offensive outlet but I am very fascinated by Bernardeschi growth so far. Not to mention Berardi has rarely performed well for Sassuolo this season.

It is amazing that these 4 players have earned their right to be called by Conte to play in the azzuri but he keeps calling Cerci, Giacherini and Giovinco.

Acerbi? It is a thrill to watch him play but he really cannot do more than sassuolo. We took Acerbi because he performed well against Ibra. If you remember we were linked to take an Argentinian dud that performed well against Ibra in Ligue 1 too.

Last edited:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:lol::lol::lol:
Not really. I really like Jack. If he can be quicker in passing it would make him better. I have been watching lots of serie A games besides our beloved club this season and that is just my honest opinion. I prefer Saponara as offensive outlet but I am very fascinated by Bernardeschi growth so far. Not to mention Berardi has rarely performed well for Sassuolo this season.

It is amazing that these 4 players have earned their right to be called by Conte to play in the azzuri but he keeps calling Cerci, Giacherini and Giovinco.

Acerbi? It is a thrill to watch him play but he really cannot do more than sassuolo. We took Acerbi because he performed well against Ibra. If you remember we were linked to take an Argentinian dud that performed well against Ibra in Ligue 1 too.

This. He's an unbelievable talent, everyone's talking about Berardi but the main star is Bernardeschi. Along with Verratti, Rugani & Romagnoli hes the best of the upcoming generation of Italians.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Berardi is more talented than Bernardeschi but he has a lot of discipline issues.

I can't even figure what Bernardeschi's best position is.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Berardi is more talented than Bernardeschi but he has a lot of discipline issues.

I can't even figure what Bernardeschi's best position is.

- Bernardeschi is a winger. He can pass, dribble and shoot however sometimes he goes like Insigne were he has to be Batman. Bernardeschi is what SeS was supposed to be but he is not. Anything else would ask him to fail.

- Berardi is a second striker. The best thing that the kid is that he has balls since coming to serie A. I still remember in his rookie season almost getting in to a fight with Mexes. :lol::lol:

- Jack is a left winger or LCM. Better as a left winger but he sucks as AM/trequartista.

- Saponara is a AM so it is 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1 for him anywhere else it could be a mixed bag but most probably a fail situation.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
- Bernardeschi is a winger. He can pass, dribble and shoot however sometimes he goes like Insigne were he has to be Batman. Bernardeschi is what SeS was supposed to be but he is not. Anything else would ask him to fail.

- Berardi is a second striker. The best thing that the kid is that he has balls since coming to serie A. I still remember in his rookie season almost getting in to a fight with Mexes. :lol::lol:

- Jack is a left winger or LCM. Better as a left winger but he sucks as AM/trequartista.

- Saponara is a AM so it is 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1 for him anywhere else it could be a mixed bag but most probably a fail situation.

Bernardeschi often plays for Fiorentina as a WB though with less defensive responsibilities than the other WB. I think that's the best for him atm as he doesn't do enough offensively to be a RW, I think he will end up as an RM.

I don't really rate Saponara. I think he should stay at Empoli for the time being. He will be out of his depth if he is brought by another club to be their creative outlet. His role at Empoli suits him.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bernardeschi often plays for Fiorentina as a WB though with less defensive responsibilities than the other WB. I think that's the best for him atm as he doesn't do enough offensively to be a RW, I think he will end up as an RM.

I don't really rate Saponara. I think he should stay at Empoli for the time being. He will be out of his depth if he is brought by another club to be their creative outlet. His role at Empoli suits him.

Nah. He is more than ready to play in a team with a TEAM environment approach. Napoli, Fiorentina, Torino would suit him the best. Roma would be OK too same as Ladri if they want to use a AM.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nah. He is more than ready to play in a team with a TEAM environment approach. Napoli, Fiorentina, Torino would suit him the best. Roma would be OK too same as Ladri if they want to use a AM.

Napoli has a lot of offensive players though none of them are natural AMs.

Not sure about Juve and Roma especially Roma, the atmosphere there will never help.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
He's Raiola's client, right ?

He'll probably ask for at least double his current salary soon enough

Schedule