Milan squad 2003/2004

acdc81

Beginner
Reaction score
hi guys i would like to have your ideas of our squad for the next season. i know we've just started this season and it is going to be a long one but i think this is a very interesting topic you can monitor over the hole season.

my ideas:

our sqad at the moment:

Milan 2003/2004

Portieri

77 Christian ABBIATI 08/07/1977 Italia
12 Nelson De Jesus DIDA 07/10/1973 Brasile
1 Valerio FIORI 27/04/1969 Italia

no need to change here anything; we can be very happy to have such great goalkeepers!

Difensori

2 Marcos Evangelista de Moraes CAFU 07/06/1970 Brasile
4 Kakhaber KALADZE 27/02/1978 Georgia
24 Martin LAURSEN 26/07/1977 Danimarca
3 Paolo MALDINI 26/06/1968 Italia
13 Alessandro NESTA 19/03/1976 Italia
26 Giuseppe PANCARO 26/08/1971 Italia
14 Dario SIMIC 12/11/1975 Croazia

off:
19 Alessandro COSTACURTA 24/04/1966 Italia

he said himself that this is his last campaign an that he will work as trainer at milan; great solution for a great player!

on:
a really good defender has to come; i propose Puyol, if he isn't available then someone else but it has to be a big name! and we also need a very talented and young defender who is going to take the place of IL CAPITANO! next season will be his last and the player should get time to settle in in milan and learn from the GREATEST! it would be great if this could be an italian player but in first instance he must be really really great talent!

general: i think laursen is doing very well this year and should stay; pancaro, cafu and simic are reliable backups and should also stay!

Centrocampisti

23 Massimo AMBROSINI 29/05/1977 Italia
32 Cristian BROCCHI 30/01/1976 Italia
8 Ivan Gennaro GATTUSO 09/01/1978 Italia
22 Ricardo Izecson Santos Leite KAKA' 22/04/1982 Brasile
21 Andrea PIRLO 19/05/1979 Italia
20 Clarence SEEDORF 01/04/1976 Suriname

off:
11 Vitor Borba Ferreira RIVALDO 19/04/1972 Brasile
10 Manuel RUI COSTA 29/03/1972 Portogallo

in question:
27 Claudio Santos SERGINHO 27/06/1971 Brasile
5 Fernando REDONDO 06/06/1969 Argentina

off:
it is time that this disturbing rivaldo story comes to an end; i expect him to leave in january at latest; i don't know why he couldn't settle with us but it is a fact and both sides seem more and more unhappy; i've never beean a great fan of him but what happens know is too much, at all he was a great player and should be treatet with respect! For Rui i have to admitt that i really like his way of playing soccer; he is a very intelligent and ellegant player! but i fear his time at milan is over as he is past his best and will move on to portugal.

in question:
don't know how officials think about SERGINHO and Fernando and when their contracts expire. they are both players who have an excellent working attitude and could help young players a lot. so i gues it will be a fact of money that decides wheter they stay or leave!

on:
we definitely need a new number 10; a proven star who has his best years to come; some proposals: Deco, Van der Vaart (not really a number 10 but very interesting)
and we need another offensive midfilder, a young one with talent

in general:
our defensive midfield is great but our offense is poorly and needs a real quality boost! also a really good winger is welcome!

Attaccanti

18 Marco BORRIELLO 18/06/1982 Italia
9 Filippo INZAGHI 09/08/1973 Italia
7 Andriy SHEVCHENKO 29/09/1976 Ucraina

in question:
15 Jon Dahl TOMASSON 29/08/1976 Danimarca

well i thing our strikers are quite good and boriello is a talent; but i would like to see more competition an therefore we need a good striker insted of jon Dahl who is good but not great; maybe adriano, torres, Owen, Rooney, Galardino, or a frenchman!

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
I think our midfield and attack are in the best shape, i agree with you when you say we need someone better than JDT (no disrespect he is a good player), preferably Adriano to make sheva, pippo and he fight for their place.

Soon Riva and Rui will be gone, i see Aimar or Deco as good replacements, our defensive midfield is very strong - like you said.

Now our defence, Billy and Paolo will be gone soon and i think Bonera or P. Canavarro are good replacements. Legrotagglie was an ideal replacement but we let him go to Juve.

Our keepers couldnt be better.

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
acdc81 said:
on:
we definitely need a new number 10; a proven star who has his best years to come; and we need another offensive midfilder, a young one with talent
I propose Tomas Rosicky :D

Rivaldo stays and we'll see now if he does well or not. Our strikers are good although I would LOVE to see Kezman come. Costacurta is doing his job well as a back up and I don't mind having him on our team when our defenders are injured.

acdc81

Beginner
Reaction score
yeah definitely, Tomas Rosicky is a very promising young player i like very much; as i live in austria i can see him play every weekend and i like what i see; marvellous passes but also scoring goals; but he has to get more consistent then he can be a really great player;

Pablo Aimar is also a possibility but i can only repeat what others say as i haven't seen him live for a long time but seems to be in good shape at the moment also with the national team!

greetings

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Cannavaro
Puyol
Totti
Kežman
AND WE ARE COMPLETE :- )

Reaction score
I THINK NEXT SEASON WE WONT HAVE MUCH TO IMPROVE ON (MUCH LIKE LAST SEASON).I WOULD GET RID OF AGING PLAYERS LIKE PANCARO(DUNNO Y WE GOT HIM IN THE 1ST PLACE) AND REDONDO.BORRIELLO (2 YOUNG AND INEXPERIENCED , MAYBE GIVE HIM AWAY ON LOAN), AND FIORI (HES NEVER PLAYED COS WE DONT NEED HIM ,IF WE NEED A 3RD CHOICE THEN WE HAVE YOUNG QUALITY KEEPERS IN THE PRIMAVERA)I HOPE BILLY WILL STAY 4 ANOTHER SEASON , EVEN THO HE SAID HE'D GO AFTER THIS 1.EITHER WAY WE NEED 2 QUALITY YOUNGISH DEFENDERS PREFERABLY WITH SERIE A EXPERIENCE. BONERA WOULD BE IDEAL (IM WELL ANNOYED JUVE GOT LEGROTTAGLIE) IF PUYOL COULD HANDLE SERIE A THEN THAT WOULD BE A GREAT SIGNING.AND IF RIVALDO STAYS AND COULD PLAY ON THE LEFT WING THEN THE ATTACK WOULD BE COMPLETE WITH ADRIANO.IF HE GOES THEN SEEDORF COULD TAKE THAT ROLE BUT HE'S BEEN LOOKING A LITTLE SHAKY SO FAR. I HOPE OUR SQUAD WILL LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

DIDA
SIMIC NESTA LAURSEN MALDINI
RUICOSTA GATTUSO AMBROSINI SERGINHO
SHEVCHENKO INZAGHI

ABBIATI
CAFU BONERA PUYOL KALADZE
BROCCHI PIRLO KAKA RIVALDO
TOMASSON ADRIANO

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Question is that are we going to be active come next January ?? If so, then what position will we be shooting for ??

With all the players in tact (provided RIVALDO) keeps staying on, we don't have no position left in FORWARD and MIDFIELD to sign any new player. Ruling out the signing of a new GOALIE, we definitely would shoot for a defender we would opt to participate in the transfer market game at the beginning of next season.

The next question: Is RIVALDO gonna stay ??

If YES, then we would probably not go after anybody, if at all then only one defender.

If NO, then we get some cash released. So, we go for a defender for sure and if more then one midfielder.

mikez sheva7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
we need some young talented defenders in place of maldini and costacurta. they should be up to the challenge of filling the shoes of two great legends. rivaldo will definitely be gone, rui will probably too. we need the best number 10 available to use as our playmaker, i suggest aimar. adriano would be nice to have, but its unlikely since he belongs to inter. people seem to like this kezman guy so why not get him if he's good and young. if there are some players we need to offload i guess we could get rid of pancaro, cafu (depending on his performance this year), redondo (a great guy but old and useless). although i really hate to see our players leave. i think we'll be able to afford all these players, we won the champions league last year and havent spent any money. berlusini is a rich guy, dont worry. he can afford it.

but anyway lets see what happens this year first

Schedule