• 4-3-2-1

Votes: 140 36.6%
  • 4-3-1-2

Votes: 242 63.4%

• Total voters

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I prefer 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. I think we need to keep the width, particular in the Champions League, and with so many 3-5-2 teams in Italy.

Unfortunately all anyone cares about is making sure Kaká plays and fitting the team around him.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
818805_AC_Milan.jpg

Until January. Our classic 433/4312 hybrid with SES acting as a SS/LW and switching positions with Kaka during the games. Poli taking Noce's box to box role or as Allegri would say ''the 4th attacker''

818810_AC_Milan.jpg

When Honda arrives.
Offensive/diamond 433, a hybrid of a 4222, whatever you want to call it. Honda and Kaka can be switched around/change positions during the game. The RM/RF would be acting as Boa did at RW, and be in the middle as well as on the right.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Terrified that our midfield would be overrun in a 4-2-3-1 despite how intriguing it is in an attacking sense.

Prandelli's diamond is the way to go:

SES92---Balotelli
---Kaka---
--------Poli-------Montolivo
--De Jong--
De Sciglio-Mexes-Zapata-Abate​

I really like that formation... Obviously Allegri might prefer Muntari over Poli for defensive reasons... Honda can come in during January and spell/rotate with Kaka as the #10... Montolivo and Poli will have some freedom to go forward and contribute in attack, El Shaaraway and Balotelli will both be closer to each other and closer to goal, which should allow them to combine better as they've done in recent weeks.

Kaka shouldn't have to rely on speed/pace to be creative with all kinds of options all around him and three midfielders behind him that are all capable of holding onto possession/completing simple passes. AND then he has DES and Abate, both very good going forward.

It's a very solid side, IMHO.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Terrified that our midfield would be overrun in a 4-2-3-1 despite how intriguing it is in an attacking sense.

Prandelli's diamond is the way to go:

SES92---Balotelli
---Kaka---
--------Poli-------Montolivo
--De Jong--
De Sciglio-Mexes-Zapata-Abate​

I really like that formation... Obviously Allegri might prefer Muntari over Poli for defensive reasons...

Sorry to disappoint 99% of the people with the following, but I would prefer Muntari over Poli (for defensive reasons) if we already are fielding (Montolivo, )Kaká, El Shaarawy and Balotelli. There is enough playmaking that they would be helped best with a ball-winner ala Muntari.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
BTTt1sTCAAErnfx.png:large

second pic is the best for kaka that i knew before he left for madrid bench

second striker or xmas tree

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
second pic is the best for kaka that i knew before he left for madrid bench

second striker or xmas tree

Best for kaka, not for Milan.

Fuck I hate 4312.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
To get the best out of this team x-mas tree is the best solution for now.

Balotelli
El Shaarawy-Kaka
Muntari-De Jong-Montolivo

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
------Balo
SES--Kaka--Robi
---NDJ--Monty--
DS-Mex-Zap-Aba
------Abb-------

...or even...

--Matri--Balo
-----Kaka---
--Poli-NDJ-Monty
DS-Mex-Zap-Abate
------Abb------

...or even...

SES--Balo--Binho
Monty-NDJ-Kaka
DS-Mex-Zap-Abate
-----Abb-----

Of course, Matri and Pazzo are interchangeable
Could stick Niang on the wing in any of the above formations with wingers
Silvestre should be put in depending on form
DS can be rotated with Constant
Urby can fill in as well
Muntari can also replace one of the CM as a b2b MF

I'm hopeful of this team :proud:

dman32

Milan 4 Ever
Reaction score
I think 4-2-3-1 is good for everyone...more chances of them to play

Abbiati
Abate-Zapata-Mexes-DES "Constant, Silvestre, Bonera, Vergara, and Urby"
Montolivo-De Jong "Poli, Muntari, Cristante, Nocerino"
Robinho-Kaka-SES "Niang, Urby, Poli, Birsa, Montolivo"
Balo "Matri and Pazzini"

The middle might be the only problem, but our attack would be much stronger because SES would have more chance of playing and we need him

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
I think 4-2-3-1 is good for everyone...more chances of them to play

Abbiati
Abate-Zapata-Mexes-DES "Constant, Silvestre, Bonera, Vergara, and Urby"
Montolivo-De Jong "Poli, Muntari, Cristante, Nocerino"
Robinho-Kaka-SES "Niang, Urby, Poli, Birsa, Montolivo"
Balo "Matri and Pazzini"

The middle might be the only problem, but our attack would be much stronger because SES would have more chance of playing and we need him

I think the defensive part of the middle would be fine...SES tends to track back quite a lot, and Abate and DS cover quite a lot of ground.

NDJ is quite the destroyer.

Montolivo will be crucial in the middle - but hopefully he doesn't need to pick up the slack of those that aren;t playing well, like in the Verona game, as he was used a lot more and had increased chance of messing up.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To get the best out of this team x-mas tree is the best solution for now.

Balotelli
El Shaarawy-Kaka
Muntari-De Jong-Montolivo

It is not happening. Everybody knows that Matri is our starting CF. It is Matri + 10. So not SeS unless we move Balo to RW and we do not use Kaka' at all.

Amandeep

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
G said today in conference that they will be playing 4312 again want go back to this again with a trequistra thats why they got kaka and matri to play with balo upfront ...i think its better as el shaarawy can learn to play in the hole maybe robinho can slot in there too.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
wouldnt be a surprise kaka appearing like a dm midfield.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
wouldnt be a surprise kaka appearing like a dm midfield.

Allegri plays with Muntari on the left, De Jong centrally but goes to defense a lot, and Montolivo to the right side, then I guess Kaká as trequarista on paper can drop to central midfield (knowing how much De Jong drops), but that is as far as I can go with seeing Kaká appearing like a 'dm midfield'. Would be a nice central place for playmaking, at least that.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Allegri plays with Muntari on the left, De Jong centrally but goes to defense a lot, and Montolivo to the right side, then I guess Kaká as trequarista on paper can drop to central midfield (knowing how much De Jong drops), but that is as far as I can go with seeing Kaká appearing like a 'dm midfield'. Would be a nice central place for playmaking, at least that.

i totally agree with u pedrito.

what i mean was.. in berlusca's mind.. theres material in kaka to make a mix of pirlo and van bommel :lol:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
For a change I am happy we could finally have a medium term solution to our creativity problems. Assuming Kaka' clicks, he will provide ample time for Saponara to get his feet settled in Serie A. And with the arrival of Honda this can continue even after Kaka's departure. I want allegri to implement a proper rotation strategy such that he will be eventually eased into the starting 11 and will have a proper growth curve.

What wouldnt be nice is if he gets sent on one of those useless loans to Genoa. And then we sell him and after that 8 years down the line we overpay 12 mil to buy him from Inter or Juve's squad.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
For a change I am happy we could finally have a medium term solution to our creativity problems. Assuming Kaka' clicks, he will provide ample time for Saponara to get his feet settled in Serie A. And with the arrival of Honda this can continue even after Kaka's departure. I want allegri to implement a proper rotation strategy such that he will be eventually eased into the starting 11 and will have a proper growth curve.

What wouldnt be nice is if he gets sent on one of those useless loans to Genoa. And then we sell him and after that 8 years down the line we overpay 12 mil to buy him from Inter or Juve's squad.

i really optimistic about balotelli, kaka, robinho and matri.. and pessimistic about our defense.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It is not happening. Everybody knows that Matri is our starting CF. It is Matri + 10. So not SeS unless we move Balo to RW and we do not use Kaka' at all.

Wishful thinking I know.

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
I strongly disagree. I believe Kaka SES and Balo are the starters, Saponara Robi Matri Niang and later Honda and Pazzo will be the alternatives. Matri will have enough games but SES will be the starter in the important ones.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I strongly disagree. I believe Kaka SES and Balo are the starters, Saponara Robi Matri Niang and later Honda and Pazzo will be the alternatives. Matri will have enough games but SES will be the starter in the important ones.

SES is yet to prove he can perform in a 4312 (which is a reason for me to not play it).

Why do you think SES was benched against Cagliari.

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
Because it was a pretty easy game and Al wanted to test Robi. More than SES doesn't know to play SS. My 2 cents.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Because it was a pretty easy game and Al wanted to test Robi. More than SES doesn't know to play SS. My 2 cents.

u really think that robinho needs to be tested?

Sahlinho

Beginner
Reaction score
I am a little bit worried how kaka performs i the defensive part of the game. Since Allegri requiers an AM that defends I dont think kaka is gonna cut it. Maby he can play AM against weaker teams. Im still thinking about 4231 where the wingers can track back, leaving only AM and CF upfield, defending with 8!? Well, guess it aint gonna happen..:(

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
u really think that robinho needs to be tested?
Right now yes. He played horrible last season ans needs to work hard and prove himself to regain a place in the team. For me SES is clearly a starter ahead of him.