The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
We playing ChL next season. O the King is coming
The King is coming. I just heard the trumpets sounding

what's the tie breaker in series a, goal difference or head-to head? if we win our last and bergamo loses, we'd be leveled on 65 points. they have a better GD.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
You damn wrong.. he is coming here
7d64c6982aaec18c31b797dde1637e77.jpg

You get a point for photoshop and an additional point for enthusiasm.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
what's the tie breaker in series a, goal difference or head-to head? if we win our last and bergamo loses, we'd be leveled on 65 points. they have a better GD.

Head to head points is first

Then goal difference in H2H matches

I think it’s goal difference overall

I can’t recall the rest and I’m too tired to look it up

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Head to head points is first

Then goal difference in H2H matches

I think it’s goal difference overall

I can’t recall the rest and I’m too tired to look it up

There is no reason to look it up. Dcfcfan described it perfectly

You get a point for photoshop and an additional point for enthusiasm.

I wish i was that good at photoshopping

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really hope Juventus wanna win their last home match tomorrow.
For Allegri and Milan ofc

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Midfield? Paqueta - Tonalli - SMS
Coach? Sarri
Trophy? Scudetto

Hotel? Trivago

Yeah, that coach that is almost as old as Famassaro and still hasn't won a title(maybe soon) is the guy to guarantee a trophy :lol:

Maybe if MBS buys us this summer.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Imagine Juve appointing Inzaghi? Haha everyone expecting a huge name to win the champions league and he rocks up? Hahaha joke of a club

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Allegri could pull off a 'De Vrij' and help his future club into CL.

Well let's hope after being named Serie A player of the year that CR7 wants to show he is the best, and scores a 5 against Atalanta somehow.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
There is no reason to look it up. Dcfcfan described it perfectly

Actually, dcfcfan described the outcome of a scenario and implied that points and head to head points were the deciding factors but did not explain any further tie breaking rules

The general question the General attempted to answer was simply what the tie breaker rules were in serie a

Still too tired to look up all the rules

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Actually, dcfcfan described the outcome of a scenario and implied that points and head to head points were the deciding factors but did not explain any further tie breaking rules

The general question the General attempted to answer was simply what the tie breaker rules were in serie a

Still too tired to look up all the rules

From 2005–06 season if two or more teams are tied in points (for any place), the deciding tie-breakers are as follows:

1. Head-to-head records (results and points)
2. Goal difference of head-to-head games
3. Goal difference overall
4. Higher number of goals scored
5. Draw

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

We should have Bill Burr commenting on Milan games. Would love to hear his opinion on RR, Kessie, Hakan & co.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
3 points for Milan

0 points for Atalanta and Inter

All I ask for

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Kompany is leaving City, we should definitely go for him.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Kompany is leaving City, we should definitely go for him.

How many defenders do you need? That wasn't our problem this season at all. We played well even with Abate as CB and that's not because he's a genius.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
How many defenders do you need? That wasn't our problem this season at all. We played well even with Abate as CB and that's not because he's a genius.

I know its not our main problem, but the guy is leaving on a free. And our CB situation is only good on paper.

Apart from Romagnioli nobody can stay fit, and the rest of them are either mediocre at best or always injured.

Also our defence looked decent under Rino, because of the way he sets up the team (like he doesn't want to score, just avoid getting scored against)

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know its not our main problem, but the guy is leaving on a free. And our CB situation is only good on paper.

Apart from Romagnioli nobody can stay fit, and the rest of them are either mediocre at best or always injured.

Also our defence looked decent under Rino, because of the way he sets up the team (like he doesn't want to score, just avoid getting scored against)
Thats all good. But we will not splash that kind of money on wages on a position thats is not urgently in need of fixing.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Our defense is perfectly fine with Romagnoli, Musakio and Caldara + Zapata as backup if we extend him. Musakio would start in most of Serie A teams.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Bonaventura speaking to @MilanTV: "My condition? I'm here for the 'Una vita da social' event but I'm also a football player [smiles]... I'm better, I'm almost OK. In this current season I won't be available, but I think I'll go back to 100% for next season."

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan

Our defense is perfectly fine with Romagnoli, Musakio and Caldara + Zapata as backup if we extend him. Musakio would start in most of Serie A teams.

We have 1 defender we can count on in Romagnoli and even he usually has a few injuries here and there. Musacchio is decent but nothing special and shouldn't be a starter if we want to win things going forward - also has extensive injury history. Caldara barely gets to play due to injuries and Zapata won't renew as things stand currently.

Not saying Kompany is the guy we're getting because wages but we do need CB's.

Shame we didn't extend Zapata and Abate - shocked to even say it but it's true.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bonaventura speaking to @MilanTV: "My condition? I'm here for the 'Una vita da social' event but I'm also a football player [smiles]... I'm better, I'm almost OK. In this current season I won't be available, but I think I'll go back to 100% for next season."
Come back champ.

You and borini will rule the league!

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We have 1 defender we can count on in Romagnoli and even he usually has a few injuries here and there. Musacchio is decent but nothing special and shouldn't be a starter if we want to win things going forward - also has extensive injury history. Caldara barely gets to play due to injuries and Zapata won't renew as things stand currently.

Not saying Kompany is the guy we're getting because wages but we do need CB's.

Shame we didn't extend Zapata and Abate - shocked to even say it but it's true.

Optimistically, let's imagine we have 100m to spend in the summer. Are you willing to spend 20m of the to get Albiol, Manolas, De Vrij or Bonucci instead of Musakio?

That's the level we're competing with... and we don't aim to win the title next year, that would be absurd.

Look at Liverpool's project and when they splashed money for a defender and GK. You do that when everything else is covered and you need to bridge that 5% gap to success.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Kompany will be the player-manager of Anderlecht.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
This would be a genius move actually. :lol:
If it were Champions League it would of course be a different situation, but no one cares about the Europa League.

Yeah.. less financial punishment this way, except not getting EL money, but means we can focus fully on CL next season - if we fail to get 4th now - rather than waste games in EL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule