• 4-3-2-1

Votes: 140 36.6%
  • 4-3-1-2

Votes: 242 63.4%

• Total voters

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
no we should just make difference between passing vision and workrate. Pirlo is even slower than seedorf most of the time, he needs to turn around the ball 3 times before laying it away. Have a battling marker on him and he's gone for good. When he has space and time he has alot of creativity but in tight spaces he is frozen so its really more up to the opposing team how foolish will they play.

Btw, was there a time that he could get past his marker?

M

MassterMark

*Milan*4ever* said:
i agree that he was complete shit the whole second part of the season,but to say that he lacks creativity is...well,pure bs..
let's hope that this WAS only pirlo's cycle and now he goes only up:)

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
peters said:
no we should just make difference between passing vision and workrate. Pirlo is even slower than seedorf most of the time, he needs to turn around the ball 3 times before laying it away. Have a battling marker on him and he's gone for good. When he has space and time he has alot of creativity but in tight spaces he is frozen so its really more up to the opposing team how foolish will they play.

Btw, was there a time that he could get past his marker?
Pirlo at full flight could beat 2+ defenders easily

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
drucurl said:
but that's why he wasn't creative......he couldn't get past his marker, he lost the ball (in front of the box too :mad: ) and other than the occasional looping ball to whomever was making the run up front what else did he do :conf:

We have to stop overrating him everytime he makes the occasional visionary pass or good interception....at least until he does it for more than ten matches or so.

Every player makes mistake even the big ones but most of them are lucky cuz at the end, their misakes result with no punishments,but pirlo's (2,3) mistakes were unlucky becauze at the end they resulteted and one of them proved to be fatal but Pirlo's responsible was HALF cus for the other half was the Responsible of dizzy defence or deconcentration of GK.And lets not forget that these mistakes were done in the mid and end of the second part of the season which can be ratonalization with the fact that Pirlo was the most played player in those past TWO SEASONS,how you could get tired,couldnt u ?
Anyway its off topic and i dont want to enter again to argue for Pirlo cus evryone who has eyes knows how CREATIVE is he and for ME he is the most creative and with the most accurant long balls middfielder/playmaker in the world right now.Too bad no one couldnt take advantage from them,Glad this year we have pato and ronaldinho and hope so Bori.

Last edited:

adrian_milan

Revolutioners at works !!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano, Pato, Ibra
drucurl said:
Pirlo at full flight could beat 2+ defenders easily
Is that a sarcasm ?
BTW

-------------------------Abbiati/Dida----------------------------------
Oddo/Bonera---Nesta/Bonera---Maldini/Kaladze--------Zambrotta/Maldini
---------------------Gattuso/Ambrossini-------------------------------
------------Pirlo/Flamini--------------Seedorf/Flamini-------------------
-------------------------Kaka/Dinho-----------------------------------
-------------Dinho/Pato-----------------------------------------------
---------------------------------Pato/Boriello/Inzaghi------------------

Coach : Gaizka22
The first name mention is the priority....
I think Palloschi should be in this as well, but I cant figure out where to put him....
For the coach...I think Gaizka22 is more appropriate to be a Milan Coach than Carletto :D

Last edited:

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
drucurl said:
but that's why he wasn't creative......he couldn't get past his marker, he lost the ball (in front of the box too :mad: ) and other than the occasional looping ball to whomever was making the run up front what else did he do :conf:

We have to stop overrating him everytime he makes the occasional visionary pass or good interception....at least until he does it for more than ten matches or so.
all i`m saying is that he IS creative,and creativity is something you can`t lose..

if you say that pirlo isn`t creative based on just more than half a season,than i guess it can be said that ronaldinho isn`t talented any more based on his bad period of form,right?

and to those who say he has a low work rate,i wouldn`t agree..actually he is the one that covers the biggest distance (moves the most) in our team..this is based on stats you can see after each cl game..
i know that he doesn`t run and chase the ball like gattuso,but he does move a lot and tries to position himself well to break up opposition attacks..

Last edited:

adrian_milan

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano, Pato, Ibra
*Milan*4ever* said:
all i`m saying is that he IS creative,and creativity is something you can`t lose..

if you say that pirlo isn`t creative based on just more than half a season,than i guess it can be said that ronaldinho isn`t talented any more based on his bad period of form,right?

and to those who say he has a low work rate,i wouldn`t agree..actually he is the one that covers the biggest distance (moves the most) in our team..this is based on stats you can see after each cl game..
i know that he doesn`t run and chase the ball like gattuso,but he does move a lot and tries to position himself well to break up opposition attacks..
Well I gotta agree with you..
Sometimes he could see the smallest opportunity, create a good pass...
but sometimes he is pushing it too hard...
What Im trying to say, he tends to forced a quick attack by doing a long pass instead to build a play from midfield and create assist on the most perfect situation...

His work rate is not low...I think people see that because of his posture isn't convincing...but he is a hardworker, thats for sure...

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo has some pretty nifty moves and he could score solo efforts when in the mood go on youtube and you'll see 'em. His only real problems are pace (0/10) and strenght (1/10) all the other aspects of his game are quite good if not exceptional.

But I think he isn't that creative because he isn't good at drawing defenders to himself..to me this is almost as important as making a visionary pass...The EPL is full of those kinds of passes....but we call them long-balls.

Ronaldinho....no matter his condition can creati plays by getting everyone involved in an attack then distributing to an attacker after he has drawn the brunt of the defense his way

Last edited:

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
EPL passes are called SHORT PASSES

adrian_milan

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano, Pato, Ibra
milan_ist said:
EPL passes are called SHORT PASSES
I think he refer to Kick & Rush style ....
Its like american Football...You kick the ball from your defence area ... and run ... chase it like crazy people ...
That is so silly and has no style, but sometimes it's effective ....

NOT !!! :D

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We shouldn't talk shit about their league in light of embarassing defeats to Arsenal & Liverpool. Also the EPL is known as a long ball league.....it's a stereotype that has been there for years. A short passing league is one with beautiful attacking football. That's why Arsenal is a one-of-a-kind team in England

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Man utd and chelsea too.The overall of stronger teams in Epl, plays ball on the floor

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Pirlo is Milan's best player & I think lots of people would agree with me. He works as hard as any player in the side & adds real class. He may not be strong but makes up for this in other areas.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
DSM said:
Pirlo is Milan's best player & I think lots of people would agree with me. He works as hard as any player in the side & adds real class. He may not be strong but makes up for this in other areas.
i wouldn`t go as far as to say that he is our best player,but he ceartinly is world class and is a very important figure for both us and italy..

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
DSM said:

ye he has qualities that other players cnt ever have, IMO on form he is th best playmaker in football, to accomodate his strengths and weaknesses a 3 man central midfield works well
ye he isnt strong and he doesnt need to be quick and in our current style of play he is a vital player - to all the ppl sayin flamini can sort of fil lin as playmaker.... wake up the guys passin is average, he sees a simple/keep possesion pass he can play it but he cnt playmake for us :head:

adrian_milan

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano, Pato, Ibra
Not the best player...but he is very essential in Ancelotti strategy...he is the main ingridient in Ancelotti's tactic and strategy...
If he have a better posture and faster pace, I believe he could match up Kaka...
One of the best playmaker in the world....but still have some area to improve..I wouldn't call him perfect yet...

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I believe Pirlo would look more consistent if
1) Pirlo had adequate sub.
2) He was partner with other creative players not Gattuso and Ambrosini who offer nothing going forward making it easier to take him out of the game. Someone in the mold of De Rossi, Essien, Deco, Ballack who can pass and defend equally well taking pressure off him.

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
ah, with sheva, i really hope carletto will field only 2 dm's and 4 attacking guys:

- 2 dm: pirlo plus flamini/rino/ambro (only play with 3 if we want to freeze the game)
- 2 am: kaka, dinho/seedorf
- 2 st: pato, sheva/pippo/boriello

we must get more offensive and score goals. we're not in cl to play with 3 dm's. we want scudetto and for that we need to open tight defences and score in order to win games.

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
For the big games

------------------------------------Abiatti-----------------------------------

----Zambrotta-----------Nesta-------------------Kaladze-------Jankulovski---

--------------------------Pirlo--------------------Flamini---------------------

--------Pato------------------------Kaka'-------------------------Ronaldinho-

---------------------------------Shevchenko--------------------------------

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
until kaka, nesta and borriello are back......

-----------------abiatti------------------

--zambro--bonera--maldini--janku---

-------flamini--pirlo--gattuso--------

---------------dinho-------------------

---------pato-----sheva----------

seedorf, inzaghi as offensive subs....ambro, kaladze as defensive. Still VERY thin @CB as maldini cannot play that often

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaladze will be completly fit next week so i think he'll start instead of bonera along side maldini.. so bonera with favalli and with repectlvly our new CB will be our subs in the first weeks until nesta is back.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sheva should earn his spot before starting but for when Milan are down a goal. They should go 4-2-2-2.

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
Milanista10 said:
For the big games

exactly

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Originally Posted by Milanista10
For the big games

:tongue: beautiful

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
bench warmer our hit man LOL only carlo and you guys can do think that :) i was thinking MVB would have been a better bet
paloschi kid your career ruineed because management dont like young players :(

x__player

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
vidarth said:
Originally Posted by Milanista10
For the big games

:tongue: beautiful

Although Sheva joined our team I think Seedorf should start ahead of Sheva as our midfield with Pirlo and Flamini is too thin for big matches. I think Pato Kaka and Dinho should play upfront while Flamini, Seedorf and Pirlo should play in midfield. Sheva should be a substitute for Pato or Dinho and Inzaghi should come on every game for the last 15 min to give us Pippo style goal :D

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rotation is the key. Milan are in 3 competition there will be injuries as the squad is a year older. Ancelotti has options this year if brocchi get any playing time this year; Ancelotti should be fired.

Last edited:

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ashish said:
bench warmer our hit man LOL only carlo and you guys can do think that :) i was thinking MVB would have been a better bet
paloschi kid your career ruineed because management dont like young players :(
I wouldn't say so, Pippo will spend at least 2 month injured, Borrielo is total shit.. So he's basically 3rd choice if we play with two strikers he will get to play and if we play with one he'll still get chances.
Edit: With Kaka out i'm expecting our old formation to return with Dinho taking Kaka's role and Pato, Sheva upfront

Schedule