Problems + Suggestions

Who's Mr. D? Which theory do we believe in?

• Total voters

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
hey guys what happened to the memory lane thread I made? I wanted to commemorate the time kuja came out and Sod-Lod and I tried to cure him :D

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=6635&highlight=explains&page=272

It starts on this page. Note: parts of the 'discussion' have been deleted.

He doesn't mean Sod-Lod came out. :D

Kuja you will be tuned and bing the sexiest girl ever that other haters do envied you about! ;) :D

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Kuja you will be tuned and bing the sexiest girl ever that other haters do envied you about! ;) :D

I seriously doubt it, but thankyou anyway. :)

Screw you Jasper :mad:. I'll never forgive you for closing my most promising thread ever the 'what's your username' thread :cry: :mad: :o

Bahahaha i remember that. When we had those Celtic and Rangers' trolls who kept posting ridiculous threads like 'How old are you?' and 'What's your name'. Your thread was a perfect response and made me laugh so much. :D

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Screw you Jasper :mad:. I'll never forgive you for closing my most promising thread ever the 'what's your username' thread :cry: :mad: :o

Even THAT promising thread wasn't deleted :o

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Just make a topic in the off-topic forum. We have stuff like the "Gentleman's thread" and other stuff.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I think he meant like more of a friendly banter type thing. As i thought that was in regards to the forum.

Ali Daei

Kaliris
Reaction score
I rhink we should have some sort of chat thing added to the forum.
Something like aim or msn w/e it is, so the whole forum can jump in to you smell me?

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
I rhink we should have some sort of chat thing added to the forum.
Something like aim or msn w/e it is, so the whole forum can jump in to you smell me?
Are you...what THE ROCK was talking about?

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Alright then, I haven't used the search function but I thought I'd complain about a minor problem I've been having with the forum. First off, I'm running Firefox. There seems to be a problem identifying unread threads and posts, as quite often I'll click on the little 'go to first new post' button, only to be taken to a post somewhere in the middle of the thread. Threads that I haven't read are marked as read automatically most of the time too. Like this, for example. I haven't entered that section of the forum until today, yet everything's marked as read. It becomes a little difficult to browse the forum.

Any solutions?

FaraJ

;}
Reaction score
Alright then, I haven't used the search function but I thought I'd complain about a minor problem I've been having with the forum. First off, I'm running Firefox. There seems to be a problem identifying unread threads and posts, as quite often I'll click on the little 'go to first new post' button, only to be taken to a post somewhere in the middle of the thread. Threads that I haven't read are marked as read automatically most of the time too. Like this, for example. I haven't entered that section of the forum until today, yet everything's marked as read. It becomes a little difficult to browse the forum.

Any solutions?

Sometimes you will get logged out after a certain time (not sure how much) after logging in, thus all old posts and threads become as new and unread.

Other problem might be 'remember me' box when logging in, if its checked, you will always be online (?) and miss out on the new posts. Posts/threads appear as if you have read them previously (when you didn't) and no new/unread posts appear, similar to the screen shot you have.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Well from what i see, Dida's thread is the only one who should be bold. As i thought threads with new posts are only bold until they show a date other than 'mins ago' or 'yesterday'.

And yes, i would like a chat box. But i think it would make the forum really slow or something. Same issue with streams being embedded.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Any solutions?
I've said it myself that the read/unread marking in this forum is working on a log-in basis. Dunno how to improve it. I doubt something will be done for this as my cry for help didn't produce anything.

For me the biggest problem is when I take time to make a long post then during that some sort of time factor marks everything read. So as a solution I open every thread I haven't read in a different tab when I enter the forum.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Hmmm. It doesn't automatically mark new posts as read after i make a longish post.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That's how vBulletin works. One option would be to get here right after logging in or entering the forum:

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/search.php?do=getnew (New Posts link from the top menu)

and browse what's new from there.
I use the 'New posts' functions but it's dfferent here. In another forum it works clickwise. Meaning if I go to a thread it marks it read. If I go there and don't read all thread the ones I don't stay unread and when I visit the forum later again there's a category of 'The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.'

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Could you link to it?

http://foorum.soccernet.ee/index.php

nimetni.jpg

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like this feature exists only in some versions of vBulletin. Our is older than those and doesn't have it and they removed it in newer versions as well.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
did anyone else just get a database error for a few mins there?

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
I believe I had one yesterday (that was when Jasper was trolling, lol, I mean his double post).

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Why has the EPL thread been un-stickied?

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I guess it's something to do with the amount of posts. Like the Rumour Commode was unstickied, despite it being closed i still feel that should be stickied or we'll lose it forever and it's like the thread with the most history in the forum.

Schedule