The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will win the EPL title this year?
Manchester City 39 33.05%
Chelsea 50 42.37%
Arsenal 2 1.69%
Manchester United 12 10.17%
Liverpool 7 5.93%
Other 8 6.78%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 25-08-2014, 01:27   #20741
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

For Arsene + Jammin's nonsense

Old 25-08-2014, 01:40   #20742
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Posted this in commode...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozan...o-3-4-billion/

Quote:
Nipping on RM’s heels are Manchester United, which has yet to post its 2012-13 full-year results. But in the third quarter the English soccer team posted stellar results, with record revenue of $143 million and operating income of $39 million. For the full year, Manchester United believes revenue will be around $554 million and operating income will come in at roughly $168 million. If the Red Devils do indeed finish the year with those results, RM will still maintain its slight valuation lead over the English team.

Man utd is about as valuable a club as it gets. I'd argue man utd is more valuable than real madrid, because of strength of EPL brand as a whole, while spain is a mess.

If Man utd was purchased by real deep pockets it'd be game over. They have the ability to do exactly what madrid does, which probably makes it more frustrating they are run very budget.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 25-08-2014, 01:42   #20743
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

as much as milan is poorly run, and a bit of a sleepy giant waiting for new ownership and management.

Man utd is that so much over.

Thats just the unbias businessman in me.

Signature
Quote:
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 25-08-2014, 01:50   #20744
manutd fan
EPL Captain

I think that if we make the CL, the Adidas sponsorship deal puts us ahead of Real Madrid, financially. Obviously we'd get the CL money, but we also have a a CL clause in our deal. Could be wrong though.
Old 25-08-2014, 02:04   #20745
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post
I think that if we make the CL, the Adidas sponsorship deal puts us ahead of Real Madrid, financially. Obviously we'd get the CL money, but we also have a a CL clause in our deal. Could be wrong though.
aren't you nike
?

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 25-08-2014, 03:59   #20746
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
aren't you nike
?
Didn't that chance this year?

Addidas signed a massive deal

Signature
David, please sell me the forum
Old 25-08-2014, 04:28   #20747
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
aren't you nike
?
We signed a new deal with Adidas, starting next season. £75M a year for the next 10 years. So potentially £750M obviously. But that number drops by £20M for every year we aren't in the Champions League.

Real Madrid are in 2nd place and their deal is 'only' worth £25M a year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozan...ver-in-sports/
Old 25-08-2014, 08:57   #20748
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

I'm not gonna analyze the money involved in the Di Maria transfer, because 'value' has lost meaning in the upper part of the market these days. And who knows how the transfer is being funded anyway - whether via sponsors/agents etc etc.

As a player, he can easily replace Mata in the current setup. Or as a plan B, he can be one of the two midfielders provided someone like De Jong is the other one.

The only problem in the deal is if Man Utd is spending most of their available transfer funds on this one player. They have way too many issues to fix in the starting XI if that's the case. They may panic-raise their Benatia bid after yesterday's match, but for all you know Roma may be unwilling to sell if they sell Destro instead.

I hope they panic-raise the De Jong bid.

Signature
Old 25-08-2014, 09:01   #20749
joyrider
Il Moderati

15mil will do well
Old 25-08-2014, 09:53   #20750
jammin
pour l'éternité

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
I'm not gonna analyze the money involved in the Di Maria transfer, because 'value' has lost meaning in the upper part of the market these days. And who knows how the transfer is being funded anyway - whether via sponsors/agents etc etc.

As a player, he can easily replace Mata in the current setup. Or as a plan B, he can be one of the two midfielders provided someone like De Jong is the other one.

The only problem in the deal is if Man Utd is spending most of their available transfer funds on this one player. They have way too many issues to fix in the starting XI if that's the case. They may panic-raise their Benatia bid after yesterday's match, but for all you know Roma may be unwilling to sell if they sell Destro instead.

I'm pretty sure Ed Woodward was bragging about a 200 mil kitty, so I doubt this would be the end of their spending.
Old 25-08-2014, 10:18   #20751
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminsheva View Post
I'm pretty sure Ed Woodward was bragging about a 200 mil kitty, so I doubt this would be the end of their spending.
Yeah, and that includes wages etc. Di Maria is supposedly worth 120-140 of that kitty.

Signature
Old 25-08-2014, 11:50   #20752
neutral
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Yeah, and that includes wages etc. Di Maria is supposedly worth 120-140 of that kitty.
Dont think so, otherwise their spending would be in excess of 200 million after the Di Maria transfer.

Shaw = £27
Hererra = £29
Rojo = £16
Di Maria = rumored £64

Total = £136, with wages its close probably close to £250.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/prem...transfers.html

Signature
Old 25-08-2014, 12:52   #20753
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutral View Post
Dont think so, otherwise their spending would be in excess of 200 million after the Di Maria transfer.

Shaw = £27
Hererra = £29
Rojo = £16
Di Maria = rumored £64

Ok. I was going by Balague's report in which he assumes that Van Gaal still has 200 million to spend and 120 million out of that will go for the Di Maria deal.

(Also, the 200 million number was in Euros right? If so, all those transfers you mentioned come up to around 170 million anyway. Only 30 million Euro left.)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ally-that-easy

He now knows just how short of quality he is all over the pitch and he still has around €200 million in his treasure chest to strengthen his side.

He has given himself two seasons to build a team that can compete at the highest levels and make its way back to the very top. To that end, the last thing he wants to do is to give the impression that he is desperate to buy just anyone in the transfer market.

What is the sense of spending €120 million of that budget on just one player?

Signature

Last edited by necromancer; 25-08-2014 at 12:54.
Old 25-08-2014, 12:56   #20754
neutral
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Ok. I was going by Balague's report in which he assumes that Van Gaal still has 200 million to spend and 120 million out of that will go for the Di Maria deal.

(Also, the 200 million number was in Euros right? If so, all those transfers you mentioned come up to around 170 million anyway. Only 30 million Euro left.)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ally-that-easy

He now knows just how short of quality he is all over the pitch and he still has around €200 million in his treasure chest to strengthen his side.

He has given himself two seasons to build a team that can compete at the highest levels and make its way back to the very top. To that end, the last thing he wants to do is to give the impression that he is desperate to buy just anyone in the transfer market.

What is the sense of spending €120 million of that budget on just one player?
Im not sure if its Euros or Pounds, im not even sure if the 200 figure is accurate but according to that article he still has 200 to spend so that would indicate its closer to 300 in total. Maybe Manu fan will know more though.

Signature

Last edited by neutral; 25-08-2014 at 12:59.
Old 25-08-2014, 13:55   #20755
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli

Quote:
Im not sure if its Euros or Pounds, im not even sure if the 200 figure is accurate but according to that article he still has 200 to spend so that would indicate its closer to 300 in total. Maybe Manu fan will know more though.
Yeah thats exactly what I'm assuming. 200 mln left out of which 120 will go for the Di Maria deal.

Signature
Old 25-08-2014, 14:01   #20756
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Shame Everton don't have more money, they always have great results at home.

Signature
Old 25-08-2014, 16:19   #20757
manutd fan
EPL Captain

On the thing about the wages, we have lost a lot this Summer.

Evra: £120k
Vidic: £120k
Ferdinand: £120k
Giggs: £100k
Macheda: £20k
Bebe: who knows

Sporting are apparently paying 30k of Nani's wages. And we're supposedly trying to sell several other players. So if anything our net spend on wages won't be too different to what they were before.
Old 25-08-2014, 16:40   #20758
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Ibra, Boateng

Macheda... was on 20k?

Old 25-08-2014, 20:39   #20759
jammin
pour l'éternité

4za Stevie G. 1-1 OGs with Sterling red card ples.
Old 25-08-2014, 21:03   #20760
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

Quote:

Shaw = £27
Hererra = £29
Rojo = £16
Di Maria = rumored £64

Right but they dont pay all of di maria's wages in 1 season.

so if his fee is 64 mil and lets say 10 mil wages... that's 74 mil + whatever tax attached (i think it's double the wage so 84)

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Closed Thread