Week 33: Parma vs Milan 20/04/2019 12:30 CET

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
The best option by far is an Inter win. The only reason to want a draw is to give ourselves more options in case Roma go on a good run and Inter fail, but 3rd and 4th are the same and since Inter are 5 points ahead of us there is a much better chance of us getting 4th if Inter beat Roma.

Inter winning is the best scenario for Milan. Any points for Roma is not good for us.

Inter also have the head to head advantage on us so if we finish level on points, they'll be above us so we actually have to gain 6 points to get above them.

But a draw would bring Inter back into the fight and they may well collapse in that case, especially with Juventus and Napoli still to play.

In fact even if Roma won, it's very possible that Inter would lose to Juventus in the next game and we could overtake them and even if Roma were still close to us that group of teams would be fighting for 2 spaces instead of 1 and Atalanta and Lazio play each other in week 35.

Anyway, the main thing is that we win!

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
yeah as long as we win our remaining games we are 100% fine :-D

+1

I want us to make this regardless of our opponents. We are currently in 4th, and will stay there if we play like men for the remaining games. We will start by beating Parma. Piatek will be back on the score sheet and so will Suso I reckon.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Bertolacci s actually not been giving fair chances by Milan. He combines athletisism and technicality. His iq is also one of best around

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Bertolacci s actually not been giving fair chances by Milan. He combines athletisism and technicality. His iq is also one of best around

e716e73f8935d900e1529e57a1403191.gif

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Bertolacci easily top 5 midfielders in the world at the moment... easy..:thumbsup:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Hold on hold on!! a 12:30 match?
giphy.gif

I don’t even remember the last time we won a match at that time.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Mauri-Monto-Bertolacci midfield ftw.

Brings back Ancelotti's legendary midfield to mind. Mauri is like a mini-Gattuso with better range of passing. Monto is like Pirlo, only with greater physical presence, and Bertolacci has the tools to play as a Seedorf, definitely.

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Mauri-Monto-Bertolacci midfield ftw.

Brings back Ancelotti's legendary midfield to mind. Mauri is like a mini-Gattuso with better range of passing. Monto is like Pirlo, only with greater physical presence, and Bertolacci has the tools to play as a Seedorf, definitely.

Seedorf's tool is bigger that Bertolacci

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Inter also have the head to head advantage on us so if we finish level on points, they'll be above us so we actually have to gain 6 points to get above them.

But a draw would bring Inter back into the fight and they may well collapse in that case, especially with Juventus and Napoli still to play.

In fact even if Roma won, it's very possible that Inter would lose to Juventus in the next game and we could overtake them and even if Roma were still close to us that group of teams would be fighting for 2 spaces instead of 1 and Atalanta and Lazio play each other in week 35.

Anyway, the main thing is that we win!

I forgot about the H2H. Inter are 5.5 points ahead and Roma are 1.5 points behind us. It seems clear to me that we should try to put as much distance between us and Roma as possible. It's like whatever results Inter get in the next 6 games they need 2 losses and another point to be in the same position Roma is in now. Why not let them run away with 3rd place and keep Roma as far away from us as possible? I'd rather have Roma at 4.5 points than being closer to Inter. That would mean even if Roma win ALL their games after that they will still need us to lose two games to catch up. If they're both in the chase then we would have to win one more game if Roma wins them all.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I thought Zapata was supposed to start this one?

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I wish it was Zapata at least. Ideally Caldara.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Sumthin must be going on with Caldara that we dont know abt... contracts or sumthin, maybe juve said you cant play him this year.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I thought Zapata was supposed to start this one?

Mustang i feel is more suited to parma while id let zapata kill those lazio cunts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Inter winning here and then losing against Napoli and Juventus would be ideal. Roma have an easy run in after the Inter game

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inter winning here and then losing against Napoli and Juventus would be ideal. Roma have an easy run in after the Inter game

A draw would also be fine

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Suso with his iconic shirt number 87 :lol:

Hopefully it's an impostor whose actually good at football in the 2nd half of a season.