JAVIER CHEVANTON

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Always good to establish our criteria for a new striker.

The only player I absolutely wouldn't tolerate because of his looks is Tevez of Boca.

But Cheva would be a good addition and I'm sorry Passion but your boy looks more superfluous by the minute. I can see a new striker coming in the summer.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oh, I forgot we had Borriello

Never mind, then :D

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hey man, my eye sight is outstanding.

In fact, I consider myself something of a prophet. At the start of the season I said we'd be a better team without Rui or Inzaghi (see this season) and I also started this thread way back when people thought that buying a guy from Lecce was a stupid idea.

Who's your Daddy, huh? :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Of course we cannot underestimate looks, football is entertainment + a product after all + the ladies - I mean those who are more into players than into the sport, so I'm *not* talking of myself here :tongue: - want to be entertained + buy merchandise too. I bet quite a few members of the gay male population also have an eye on players without knowing shit about the sport. I might be digressing, however.... Apologies to those who feel offended.

Anyway, unarguably Chevanton is somewhere in the Tevez category, and as for his skill level... as I said... there are better ones... What makes you think that hyping the flavour-of-the-month guy makes you a prophet ?

Your digs at me + (cough cough) *my boy* have gotten a tad lame btw, are you in a slump ? Well, better you than Milan, eh ? :D

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Your digs at me + (cough cough) *my boy* have gotten a tad lame btw, are you in a slump ?

What can I say? It's between that or placing my vote for "Avatar of the Month"

Also good to see Seedorf rubbing your nose in it recently ;)

Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
He was on a roll but hasn't impressed that much anymore in the last 2 or 3 matches.
I prefer a tall strong forward

He has been slightly injured in the last matches. Source.
He is 178 cm. Not a giant but not small. Source.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Chevanton is an extraordinary player, no doubt about that. If we don't want to spend big money on a new striker for next season, I suggest that we buy Chevanton or Gilardino...

But what do we need a new striker for..?

Tomasson-Inzaghi-Shevchenko-Borriello-Up-coming-star Pozzi!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Er... 'chinofan'... He did play against Empoli as well as against Siena, so his injury handicap must have been a negligible one... I'm very well aware of his 'official' height too even though I think he probably cheated, he looks a lot shorter than an average 185 cm defender, I'm willing to bet money he's not taller than I (174 cm)... :D

Anyway, everyone has their preferences, I'm not questioning or denying Chevanton's qualities but just like some here get so enthusiastic about him I get enthusiastic about Djib Cissé... or since we all know Djib is EPL-bound... my 2nd option Gilardino... who is not only a) younger b) Italian + c) taller but most importantly equally talented. I would really hate to see him grow a hunch next season ;)

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Wow... our potential strike force is simply the best in the world.

From what ive been told from my mates living in Milan and who often view youth games - Pozzi is very special. Valeri Bojinov id also love to see at the club but im unsure about Chevanton.

---

Andriy Shevchenko
Filippo Inzaghi
Jon Dahl Tomasson

Chevanton
Valeri Bojinov (18 years of age)

Marco Borriello (06/18/1982)
Alessandro Matri (06/30/1986)
Nicola Pozzi (19/8/1984)
Michele Piccolo (1/9/1985)

Reaction score
I would prefer to get Gilardino from Parma instead......maybe we could loan them Boriello for a year and that way he can get experience there.....imagine Sheva - Inzaghi - Tomasson - Gilardino...options galore...... :D

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah Gilardino has really emerged this season and has filled Adriano's boots admirably..he is a very good runner..in the mould of Pippo..and has a striker's instinct for goal..would indeed be a great addition to the squad if he comes..but i wouldn't want to overpay for him..not like some tart in Chelsea who believes he owns everything..and everyone... :rolleyes:

Cheva is still a fantastic choice simply because he is more of the Sheva type player..if i really did have to choose between Gilardino and Cheva..i'd rather bury myself in mud then struggle with my grey matter making a decision..it really is that hard...

Barremans

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MvB, Maldini, Rino, Pirlo and Cocu
AC Milan offering £7M for Lecce pair Chevanton, Ledesma
tribalfootball.com - March 26, 2004

AC Milan are interested in adding Cristian Ledesma to a deal for Lecce teammate Javier Chevanton.
Lazio are also chasing Argentine Ledesma, but Milan have asked for both the 21 year-old and Uruguayan striker Chevanton in recent days.

Lecce are asking £14 million for the pair, which Milan vice-president Ariedo Braida has baulked at. The Serie A leaders have made a preliminary offer of £7 million.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Barremans said:
AC Milan offering £7M for Lecce pair Chevanton, Ledesma
tribalfootball.com - March 26, 2004

AC Milan are interested in adding Cristian Ledesma to a deal for Lecce teammate Javier Chevanton.
Lazio are also chasing Argentine Ledesma, but Milan have asked for both the 21 year-old and Uruguayan striker Chevanton in recent days.

Lecce are asking £14 million for the pair, which Milan vice-president Ariedo Braida has baulked at. The Serie A leaders have made a preliminary offer of £7 million.

Who the feck is Braida? i wanted Bojinov :cry:

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Braida is our transfers chief..he is in-charge of all the ongoings behind the various transfer...;)

As for Ledesma..i've heard that he is a good player..but i don't think we need him..Chevanton is still likely to be the best prospect...

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Do people think that some agreement with Milan has been reached?

It just seems very quiet surrounding Chevanton as regards to other clubs interest and there has been no let up in his form or scoring either.

Acer1899

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Entire Milan squad
Would be cool with Sheva - Cheva on attack. :devil2:
Havent seen chevanton play though, someone on this forum said his style of play resembels to that of Sheva, so the question is, will they be able to play together if we buy the striker from Lecce?

jasiom

AC Milan Capitan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini (always), Ambrosini, Pato, Huntelaar.
CHEVANTON was my number 1 for the fourth stiker spot...since the begining of all rumours...

...but now...he is joint number one with DROGBA and CRESPO ...any of the three will do it for me...

GILARDINO is amazing...also - let him stay at Parma for another season.
CASSANO & TOTTI... will probably stay where they belong...
CORRADI & BAZZANI... I am not their biggest fan...

FORZA MILAN ... :devil2: :devil: FORZA SHEVA & CHEVA

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
jasiom said:
CHEVANTON was my number 1 for the fourth stiker spot...since the begining of all rumours...

...but now...he is joint number one with DROGBA and CRESPO ...any of the three will do it for me...

drogba has apparently just confirmed that he will not be leaving marseille.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Cheva a sick player he has it all. I wouldnt mind Andresma or Konan( he is sum talent) he performances, against juve in particular, nothing sort of spectacular!

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
jasiom wrote:

drogba has apparently just confirmed that he will not be leaving marseille.

No need to worry....Drogba WILL leave if an offer from a big club comes in....no player would turn down the chance to win a major league title and play in Europe....Marseille cant even make it in to Europe in the French Ligue....do u really thihnk he will say no to a Man Utd or Milan type side.

And BTW.... Braida is the Transfer Chief....he sends the likes of Leonardo and the other couts around the world to view players......and he and Galliani make the signing......but Braida is the main man im pretty sure

Sandro Nesta

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Maldini!, Inzaghi, Gattuso
don't know anything about him never heard of him but you guys seem to like him so it will be a good striker i guess can you give me an URL where I can see a couple of goals of him

Reaction score
I think a good example of the kind of goals he can score is the last one he scored directly from the corner kick. He scored another in the beginning of this season from almost the middle of the field. Was not a lob, was just a bomb. Besides his shots he is very fast, knows how to dribble and can assist well. Well round player.

milanez

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Totti, Sheva, Serginho
Acer1899 said:
Would be cool with Sheva - Cheva on attack. :devil2:
Havent seen chevanton play though, someone on this forum said his style of play resembels to that of Sheva, so the question is, will they be able to play together if we buy the striker from Lecce?
well how ever he is better than inzagi and toma
better with than without him .
Cheva Rossonero

Schedule