The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 11-01-2004, 02:38   #121
Velez Mostar
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: -Sergej Barbarez&Meho Kodro-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorbasu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velez Mostar
I doubt that Pippo can play as a lone striker...JDT and Sheva have dribbling skills and can do things on their own, while Pippo aint that type...
Absolutely right. Plus, PIPPO is not physically strong enough to play as a lone striker upfront.

With 1 striker upfront, the first choice would be SHEVA, second would be JDT and the third would be PIPPO.
Yeah, you'r also right my friend, Pippo really dont have the physic to play as a lone striker.

And btw, nice to hear 'bout the press in Australia!

Signature
-------- Mostar u srcu, Velez do groba! --------
Neretva kroz vene tece, Velez nam je oka sjaj!
-----Rodjeni, Rodjeni, kraj Neretve rodjeni!-----
Velez Mostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 09:30   #122
r4gs
World Cup Winner

No..Pippo should be given as much rights as Sheva to play as lone striker..last season he did play as lone striker..with Rui, Riva and Sergio alternating to play the 2 attacking midfielders behind him..and if my memory serves me well..this formation worked wonders in Europe..notching up all the memorable victories against Depor, Bayern etc...
r4gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 13:49   #123
PaTtA_9
Senior Team Member

yeh it wood work wel with pippo also but if i had to choose between him and sheva it would be sheva, this looks like the only problem with this formation, we cant play pippo and sheva together. ahh well as long as we continue to win

Signature
PaTtA_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 14:33   #124
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorbasu
Quote:
I doubt that Pippo can play as a lone striker...JDT and Sheva have dribbling skills and can do things on their own, while Pippo aint that type...
Absolutely right. Plus, PIPPO is not physically strong enough to play as a lone striker upfront.

With 1 striker upfront, the first choice would be SHEVA, second would be JDT and the third would be PIPPO.
Yeah, you'r also right my friend, Pippo really dont have the physic to play as a lone striker.
Ahem.... sorry to break it to you newbie fans again but just as r4gs mentioned before... Pippo actually *did* play quite successfully as a 'lone striker' last season. Sheva does need 'assists' just as much as Pippo, it's tiresome to read the same nonsense over and over...

Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 22:10   #125
DIBA
Rookie

Quote:
Btw; Where is DIBA now?!?!?
Here's my christmas-gift for DIBA and all Romanistas:
i'm right here
what do you want me to say or do? build a rossonero shrine and start worshipping "diavolo" like you all? no way mate
i prefered to wait a few days with a reply, seeing we're still on track and nothing much happened.
if i would have written a post, right after the game-drunk to the core, pissed off & aggressive, i definitly wouldn't have had the ability to write these lines now.

totti had a bad day, as usual when we play milan or juve...
maybe milan had a fantastic day, doesn't change anything at all, does it?

we'll see how it goes in "coppa", although those two games don't really bother me on the same personal level as the serie a matchups.
seems we won't need this competition to play in uefa cup, or champions league next season.
the only thing that would kinda make me happy, would be to win away at san siro...but more for breaking the "spell", like we did in perugia this afternoon.
DIBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 22:47   #126
Velez Mostar
AC Milan Legend

Well Passion for *9* nobody forces you to read...So I dont get your problem. And maybe you should think about that people are tired of reading all your complaining about everything..? But anyway, like you say Pippo did have success, but there's no doubt that Pippo really can't do much with the ball by himself, while Sheva can dribble off both 2 and 3 players!

I love Pippo equal as I love Sheva, great players both of 'em!

FORZA MILAN!

DIBA my man!

Signature
Old 12-01-2004, 00:19   #127
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Well Passion for *9* nobody forces you to read...So I dont get your problem. And maybe you should think about that people are tired of reading all your complaining about everything..? But anyway, like you say Pippo did have success, but there's no doubt that Pippo really can't do much with the ball by himself, while Sheva can dribble off both 2 and 3 players!
Well Velez Mostar, it would be mighty unfair if I was the only one here occasionally tired of something...

I read comments/opinions I don't agree with or that I consider a bit superficial or prejudiced or that are based on factual errors + of course I comment if the topic is of interest, so you in return get to read my comments on that + whatever else may cross my mind football-wise. Just fair, eh ? It would be so boring if everyone agreed on everything, it's a discussion board after all where everyone is free to express themselves (within the limits set by the forum rules) + not a place where one opinion fits all

As for Pippo, if he couldn't do anything with a ball he wouldn't have scored one single goal. He's not a carbon copy of Sheva but has other undeniable qualities that complement Sheva's. And vice versa. But to claim he can't play as a lone striker is a claim that is just not supported by facts... or more harshly put: a blatant lie. It needed rectification.

Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:30   #128
r4gs
World Cup Winner

Pippo does well whether he plays alone or together with Sheva..the eternal debate whether Sheva and Pippo can play together is useless..as they do complement each other quite well...

Pippo is just short of fitness and with this new niggling thigh injury..it's going to keep him out longer..a huge pity because..when Pippo is fit and playing continuously like last season..he is one hell of a player...
Old 12-01-2004, 17:09   #129
Velez Mostar
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
Quote:
Well Velez Mostar, it would be mighty unfair if I was the only one here occasionally tired of something...

I read comments/opinions I don't agree with or that I consider a bit superficial or prejudiced or that are based on factual errors + of course I comment if the topic is of interest, so you in return get to read my comments on that + whatever else may cross my mind football-wise. Just fair, eh ? It would be so boring if everyone agreed on everything, it's a discussion board after all where everyone is free to express themselves (within the limits set by the forum rules) + not a place where one opinion fits all

As for Pippo, if he couldn't do anything with a ball he wouldn't have scored one single goal. He's not a carbon copy of Sheva but has other undeniable qualities that complement Sheva's. And vice versa. But to claim he can't play as a lone striker is a claim that is just not supported by facts... or more harshly put: a blatant lie. It needed rectification.
Offcourse Passion for *9*, you can have your own opinions, and I clearly don't expect from you or any other to agree with my opinions.
Like you said; it's a discussion board, so enjoOoy!

And i didn't say that Pippo can't do *nothing* with a ball, I said; not much, and that's just the way it is, Pippo is an awesome striker, but he hasn't the same qualityes as Sheva...

FORZA MILAN!!

Signature
Old 21-01-2004, 01:01   #130
Taulant
subliminal

Fav. Players: RUI COSTA & all milan players

We're criticing Pippo, but when Milan need a goal.
INZAGHI SCORE!!!

Signature
Taulant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2004, 12:11   #131
r4gs
World Cup Winner

I shall continue with Roma - Milan here...

Tonight is the 2nd leg of the Coppa Italia clash between last season's finalists...

--------------------------Dida---------------------------

Simic----------Nesta---------Costacurta-----Pancaro

Brocchi----------------Redondo-------------Ambrosini

-------------------------Serginho-----------------------

-------------Tomasson-----------Borriello-------------
Old 21-01-2004, 12:54   #132
MookyRookie
World Cup Winner

lets hope Milan will reach the next round, but more important is to beat AS Roma in Serie A in the race for the Scudetto maybe Roma is going to start with a A team
---------------------Dida/Abbiati--------------------------
Simic-------Nesta----Costacurta/Laursen------Pancaro
Seedorf----------Ambrosini/Redondo----------Serginho
---------------------Rui Costa/Kaka----------------------
-----------------Tomasson--------Boriello----------------
Good luck Milan!!!!!!

Signature
MookyRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:23   #133
Stitches
World Cup Winner

Ahh, here it is

https://youtu.be/MlxiCqxN6V0
Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:24   #134
Congo Powers
Banned

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, kp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitches View Post
wonderful, the channel put the supercoppa 2004 up last week also, same trident jdt-sheva-kaka. i've been watching games on footballia.net since they uploaded that one
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:39   #135
Stitches
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
wonderful, the channel put the supercoppa 2004 up last week also, same trident jdt-sheva-kaka. i've been watching games on footballia.net since they uploaded that one
Yeah, im at half time with the supercup. Weird to see Milan do good watching today

Jimbovision has some good stuff also - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo1...7hxXklZZTj1Ycw
Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote