The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?
Maldoban 44 36.97%
Bobini 25 21.01%
Bobaldini 11 9.24%
Malbo 7 5.88%
M&B 32 26.89%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-05-2020, 19:46   #10121
beegees
Living Stoneman

wE dOnT dIsCuSs RaCe hErE.

enjoy your ban (soon), Raz.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Forza Giampaolo and the system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioReality View Post
I can confirm to you that Musacchio is the answer to securing the best defense in Serie A for us, for the next 5+yrs, easily.
Also, he has an extremely dense penis. girthy as a 40oz of Old English, which gives him this air of confidence that cannot be bought.
beegees is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 19:55   #10122
leaf
Bella Ciao

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
Disappointing is being a black Trump boot licker from Trinidad
No politics in the commode pls

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
On covid-19:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec
Looking fwd to the corona panic being cured soon. Getting rly tired of some of these ppl. Scared of this barely dangerous virus
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 20:04   #10123
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:
Disappointing is being a black Trump boot licker from Trinidad
Stalking much?
IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 20:16   #10124
Raz
AC Milan Icon

You think I care about getting banned?
You red cap wearing mouth breathers are even dumber than I thought

Signature
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 20:20   #10125
ROSSONERI7
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Smurf View Post
Everyone has seen their flaws, accept that they wont develop much more and moreso seen them fail continuously to even reach a decent standing in the league. If Milan was continuously 3-4th over the past few seasons the players would be valuated less harshly.

Also - Kessie still had value, we chose not to sell... the other two looked like paper cut outs of their reputations
This Logic baffles me, but it's so widely spread that i'm a probably minuscule minority.

who doesn't have flaws? ALL the greatest players have/had flaws, no Exception ... maybe 1 .. Ruud Gullit is the only name that comes to my mind as being able to play anywhere, any role. all the others have become great by doing what they do best.

we now get players, ask them to do shit they have never been known to do well, sometime it's shit they're actually horrible at doing ... and deem them faulty based on that...

develop? that concept is greatly overestimated.
in terms of skills, a 18-20 year old player will not change much. they can work on some skills to slightly better them ...
with time, they learn to cut out the shit that they do that don't succeed and focus on what they do great.
that's 90% of a player's development ... the other 10% is the actual skill getting better...and that's strangely what people seem to bank on

for example: a striker not good at header, will try to bring it down to shoot instead of insisting on headers...better, he'll get his teammates to send him less balls that would force him to head and more ball that put him in situations where he is more dangerous.
overtime, he'll learn that he misses more by shooting with his laces than when shooting with the inside... he'll learn that in certain situations it's better to quick shoot in the general direction rather than wasting a crucial extra half a second trying to be precise...all that will increase his conversion rate to "lethal striker" and will make us say he developed so much.

that's valid for for every player, any position ... but even more so for midfielders ... that's the unit where the players HAVE to be complementary ... other units can kind of get away with a little mismatch ... if the midfielders are not complimentary then they're asked to do things to fill a defiency of certain qualities the midfield lack ... qualities (skills) themselves don't have, therefore will suck at doing those things. and that midfield won't work...and if a midfield doesn't work, the team simply doesn't work either

even Seedorf-Pirlo-Gattuso each had their flaws ... the sum of their qualities made up a great midfield and covered each others deficiencies...
you could take out for instance Gattuso and put in a all time great like Zidane and it would most likely fuck up the balance of the unit... then we would probably be complaining that Zidane doesn't defend enough or Seedorf doesn't contribute enough offensively because he has to stay a little behind to cover or Pirlo ... you get my flow

again, i'm in the minority. as this seems to be the common mindset with fans. wanting players to suddenly become great at things they are not great at, asking them to play roles their skill set doesn't allow them to do. and that's especially true for young midfielders ... because an unrealistic expectation of progress ...probably because of how player progress on FIFA, PES, FM ... where a young player's passing rating goes from 70 to 90 from age 18 to 24

Signature
60 Millions are better spent on 1 quality player than 3 average players.
We won't get anywhere by replacing players with others that are just 2% better
ROSSONERI7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 20:44   #10126
rocknrolla1v1
FORZA MILAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalis View Post
The thought of seeing hakan in number 10 for another season makes me want to have covid again.
LMAO!!

Signature
rocknrolla1v1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 20:51   #10127
leaf
Bella Ciao

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:
You think I care about getting banned?
You red cap wearing mouth breathers are even dumber than I thought
#NotAll

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
on Berto:
Quote:
On covid-19:
Quote:
Looking fwd to the corona panic being cured soon. Getting rly tired of some of these ppl. Scared of this barely dangerous virus

Last edited by leaf; 22-05-2020 at 20:56.
Old 22-05-2020, 20:52   #10128
Kaka92
Gae

Fav. Players: MMS.

Lol, 35yo Ibišević beched Piontek.

He have 2 goals and 2 assists in last two games.
Kaka92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 21:05   #10129
leaf
Bella Ciao

Andre Silva flying that Milan flag high
Would be thrilled if Ragnik is a fan

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Quote:
on Berto:
Quote:
On covid-19:
Quote:
Old 22-05-2020, 21:27   #10130
Samaldinho
AC Milan Icon

I'm so glad that we sold Piatek.

He didn't come on until Hertha was up by a lot.
Samaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 22:00   #10131
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan

People will call him a one season wonder. There's credibility to that but what I actually think is that a shift in mindset did him in.

He stopped working for goals on the pitch. Dude seriously lost his hunger real quick and expected the start treatment, getting a whistle for every little bump. Lost so much possession and confidence along with it.

People will say that being a poacher like him is not gonna work in todays game. That I don't subscribe to at all. Surely it's not the same as 20 years ago, but the ability to be in the right spot and finish will always yield goals. The prick just needs to stark working again and hustle to get to these spots. Actually create danger instead of spending half of the match on the ground.

Signature
100% muscle - 0% intelligence

I exist to make Merda fans miserable
Alec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 22:19   #10132
Jivara
Forza Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Smurf View Post
Everyone has seen their flaws, accept that they wont develop much more and moreso seen them fail continuously to even reach a decent standing in the league. If Milan was continuously 3-4th over the past few seasons the players would be valuated less harshly.

Also - Kessie still had value, we chose not to sell... the other two looked like paper cut outs of their reputations

I do wonder if going forward in this new era if big clubs will continue to pay ridiculous transfer fees or deals will now be more structured by percentages and clauses that the selling teams will get over time if the player proves out.
Of course everyone has their flaws but that doesnt explain why an unproven 19 year old costs twice, sometimes thrice as much as an experienced player.

This Luis something guy from Benfica costs 60m, for what exactly? Is he really 3 times the player Kessie is? I think that for the next 5 years (which is the maximum duration of a contract) he wouldn't be worth more than Kessie.

When prices made some sense, you paid the extra bucks for experience. A player who costed a lot was at least playing regularly for the national team. He must have played some european level matches. This is one side of the story.

The other said doesnt explain why a player like Kessie for example loses value when in fact he is better than he was when he joined us. This experience, regardless of how it turned out, is a positive one for a player who is entering his prime years. He is a mid 20s player who has progressed from a team of medium status to a team of high status (regardless of our field performances, milan remains a high profile club with a lot of attention). Its ridiculous that he has lost half his value, just because the team did not make it to the CL. Then you look at a player like Milik who is on his last year of contract and is valued at near 50m? For what? You can argue that he also "failed to live up to his potential", but why does his value increase just because his team made it to Europe? Is that the only criteria? What about players like Bellotti, who have never even sniffed Europe and have hardly played for the national team, on what basis is he valued at anything above 50m.. this is a ridiculous perspective on things.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 02:08   #10133
ROSSONERI7
World Cup Winner

well i'm bored like everybody else, so i'll also start to over analyze those statements.

would he answer like that if he didn't know nothing? especially after report they talked on the phone.

this sound a bit like a gentle way of saying "i can't confirm nor deny"

Hakan Calhanoglu

Quote:
The Germany-born midfielder was then asked about the likely arrival of Ralf Rangnick at San Siro, amidst speculation the coach wants to retain him.

“I know him through some of my teammates who had him as a coach. Whether Rangnick arrives or not isn’t up to me.

“I respect everyone, him and Pioli also. I like them both.”
https://www.football-italia.net/1535...ll-have-desire

Signature
60 Millions are better spent on 1 quality player than 3 average players.
We won't get anywhere by replacing players with others that are just 2% better
ROSSONERI7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 05:05   #10134
Samaldinho
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
People will call him a one season wonder. There's credibility to that but what I actually think is that a shift in mindset did him in.

He stopped working for goals on the pitch. Dude seriously lost his hunger real quick and expected the start treatment, getting a whistle for every little bump. Lost so much possession and confidence along with it.

People will say that being a poacher like him is not gonna work in todays game. That I don't subscribe to at all. Surely it's not the same as 20 years ago, but the ability to be in the right spot and finish will always yield goals. The prick just needs to stark working again and hustle to get to these spots. Actually create danger instead of spending half of the match on the ground.
I agree completely. His attitude changed so much, and it was so obvious in how he reacted to his rise. He worked so hard when he first came to Milan. He would hurl himself into chances. He began to think he was truly a star, but he really doesn't try at all anymore. He's lazy.
Samaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 08:38   #10135
MilanBG
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
I agree completely. His attitude changed so much, and it was so obvious in how he reacted to his rise. He worked so hard when he first came to Milan. He would hurl himself into chances. He began to think he was truly a star, but he really doesn't try at all anymore. He's lazy.
He literally said that his next transfer will be for 60+ m. Ever since he said that he started playing like shit. Too bad as he started so well here. I finally thought we found our new big striker. Good riddance especially for 25 m.

Signature
No point in doing any calculations...
MilanBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 09:56   #10136
Nevermore
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSONERI7 View Post
well i'm bored like everybody else, so i'll also start to over analyze those statements.

would he answer like that if he didn't know nothing? especially after report they talked on the phone.

this sound a bit like a gentle way of saying "i can't confirm nor deny"
To me it sounds like I've heard some rumours, asked my ex-teammates about Rangnick, but I don't know anything else

And why would he know anything? All players need to know is that Pioli is still their coach
Nevermore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 10:48   #10137
Milan2012
Senior Team Member

ever since he got his magic mole removed he went downhill
Milan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 13:10   #10138
Mario
AC Milan Icon

Milannews talk about Sabitzer as a specific request by Ragnick should he join Milan (they got that from a supposedly reliable source in Germany)

Now that seems different to the other rumors we’ve been hearing - he’s 26 and is already a great player. Correct me if I’m wrong but he’s their captain and was a key player in UCL this season

Signature
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 15:44   #10139
MilanBG
AC Milan Legend

Meanwhile spanish La Liga is returning after 2 weeks. It's official. Same Spain that has 60000 more infected than Italy.

Is there anything slower than Italians making decisions under pressure?

Signature
No point in doing any calculations...
MilanBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 16:02   #10140
Nevermore
World Cup Winner

footballitalia

Milan have seen a €10m proposal for Sporting CP centre-back Eduardo Quaresma rejected, according to Portuguese paper A Bola
Nevermore is online now   Reply With Quote