The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossoneri97

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka
2db18e0b1f3f754d98ffa7ba9daae959.jpg

Is he still the head of youth or involved in the club?

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
He is banned? We will miss his valuable posts

Seems like Newcastle are interested in Kessie. Perfect chance to get overpaid
Newcastle are coming for everyone. Milan should shine their toys.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
You all good now?

this was the first week i returned to work. Physically weakened, i lost 10+ lbs over the last month. my body looks like it did in highschool lmao. I feel mostly ok. its going to be a long time before 100%

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
this was the first week i returned to work. Physically weakened, i lost 10+ lbs over the last month. my body looks like it did in highschool lmao. I feel mostly ok. its going to be a long time before 100%

Encouraging. Yeah, that's what I hear. People don't feel like themselves for a few weeks. Maldini said he was gassed after a 10 min workout (post-recovery from what I remember).

Hang in there man and good luck!

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma

Bro you are 100% a hero

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
He would say, that it must be BS, cos he does not fit the profile of a Rangnick player.

Plus some emojis of course.

+ mention how FABULOUS his life is compared to us common commode folk.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's not surprising that ppl miss Kojak
He was annoying but it's clear that he loves the club and he's a very interesting character.

What's surprising (or perhaps I should say "disappointing") is that there are mod boot lickers on an internet forum who will applaud even the dumbest decisions.

This situation gets worse for Congo.
Come deliver us corona-chan :o

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Disappointing is being a black Trump boot licker from Trinidad

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
wE dOnT dIsCuSs RaCe hErE.

enjoy your ban (soon), Raz.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You think I care about getting banned?
You red cap wearing mouth breathers are even dumber than I thought

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Everyone has seen their flaws, accept that they wont develop much more and moreso seen them fail continuously to even reach a decent standing in the league. If Milan was continuously 3-4th over the past few seasons the players would be valuated less harshly.

Also - Kessie still had value, we chose not to sell... the other two looked like paper cut outs of their reputations

This Logic baffles me, but it's so widely spread that i'm a probably minuscule minority.

who doesn't have flaws? ALL the greatest players have/had flaws, no Exception ... maybe 1 .. Ruud Gullit is the only name that comes to my mind as being able to play anywhere, any role. all the others have become great by doing what they do best.

we now get players, ask them to do shit they have never been known to do well, sometime it's shit they're actually horrible at doing ... and deem them faulty based on that...

develop? that concept is greatly overestimated.
in terms of skills, a 18-20 year old player will not change much. they can work on some skills to slightly better them ...
with time, they learn to cut out the shit that they do that don't succeed and focus on what they do great.
that's 90% of a player's development ... the other 10% is the actual skill getting better...and that's strangely what people seem to bank on

for example: a striker not good at header, will try to bring it down to shoot instead of insisting on headers...better, he'll get his teammates to send him less balls that would force him to head and more ball that put him in situations where he is more dangerous.
overtime, he'll learn that he misses more by shooting with his laces than when shooting with the inside... he'll learn that in certain situations it's better to quick shoot in the general direction rather than wasting a crucial extra half a second trying to be precise...all that will increase his conversion rate to "lethal striker" and will make us say he developed so much.

that's valid for for every player, any position ... but even more so for midfielders ... that's the unit where the players HAVE to be complementary ... other units can kind of get away with a little mismatch ... if the midfielders are not complimentary then they're asked to do things to fill a defiency of certain qualities the midfield lack ... qualities (skills) themselves don't have, therefore will suck at doing those things. and that midfield won't work...and if a midfield doesn't work, the team simply doesn't work either

even Seedorf-Pirlo-Gattuso each had their flaws ... the sum of their qualities made up a great midfield and covered each others deficiencies...
you could take out for instance Gattuso and put in a all time great like Zidane and it would most likely fuck up the balance of the unit... then we would probably be complaining that Zidane doesn't defend enough or Seedorf doesn't contribute enough offensively because he has to stay a little behind to cover or Pirlo ... you get my flow

again, i'm in the minority. as this seems to be the common mindset with fans. wanting players to suddenly become great at things they are not great at, asking them to play roles their skill set doesn't allow them to do. and that's especially true for young midfielders ... because an unrealistic expectation of progress ...probably because of how player progress on FIFA, PES, FM ... where a young player's passing rating goes from 70 to 90 from age 18 to 24

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You think I care about getting banned?
You red cap wearing mouth breathers are even dumber than I thought

#NotAll
article-1023964-00AFE487000004B0-609_468x775.jpg

Last edited:

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Lol, 35yo Ibišević beched Piontek. :lol:

He have 2 goals and 2 assists in last two games.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Andre Silva flying that Milan flag high :proud:
Would be thrilled if Ragnik is a fan :thumbsup:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm so glad that we sold Piatek.

He didn't come on until Hertha was up by a lot.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
People will call him a one season wonder. There's credibility to that but what I actually think is that a shift in mindset did him in.

He stopped working for goals on the pitch. Dude seriously lost his hunger real quick and expected the start treatment, getting a whistle for every little bump. Lost so much possession and confidence along with it.

People will say that being a poacher like him is not gonna work in todays game. That I don't subscribe to at all. Surely it's not the same as 20 years ago, but the ability to be in the right spot and finish will always yield goals. The prick just needs to stark working again and hustle to get to these spots. Actually create danger instead of spending half of the match on the ground.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Everyone has seen their flaws, accept that they wont develop much more and moreso seen them fail continuously to even reach a decent standing in the league. If Milan was continuously 3-4th over the past few seasons the players would be valuated less harshly.

Also - Kessie still had value, we chose not to sell... the other two looked like paper cut outs of their reputations

I do wonder if going forward in this new era if big clubs will continue to pay ridiculous transfer fees or deals will now be more structured by percentages and clauses that the selling teams will get over time if the player proves out.

Of course everyone has their flaws but that doesnt explain why an unproven 19 year old costs twice, sometimes thrice as much as an experienced player.

This Luis something guy from Benfica costs 60m, for what exactly? Is he really 3 times the player Kessie is? I think that for the next 5 years (which is the maximum duration of a contract) he wouldn't be worth more than Kessie.

When prices made some sense, you paid the extra bucks for experience. A player who costed a lot was at least playing regularly for the national team. He must have played some european level matches. This is one side of the story.

The other said doesnt explain why a player like Kessie for example loses value when in fact he is better than he was when he joined us. This experience, regardless of how it turned out, is a positive one for a player who is entering his prime years. He is a mid 20s player who has progressed from a team of medium status to a team of high status (regardless of our field performances, milan remains a high profile club with a lot of attention). Its ridiculous that he has lost half his value, just because the team did not make it to the CL. Then you look at a player like Milik who is on his last year of contract and is valued at near 50m? For what? You can argue that he also "failed to live up to his potential", but why does his value increase just because his team made it to Europe? Is that the only criteria? What about players like Bellotti, who have never even sniffed Europe and have hardly played for the national team, on what basis is he valued at anything above 50m.. this is a ridiculous perspective on things.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
well i'm bored like everybody else, so i'll also start to over analyze those statements.

would he answer like that if he didn't know nothing? especially after report they talked on the phone.

this sound a bit like a gentle way of saying "i can't confirm nor deny"

Hakan Calhanoglu

The Germany-born midfielder was then asked about the likely arrival of Ralf Rangnick at San Siro, amidst speculation the coach wants to retain him.

“I know him through some of my teammates who had him as a coach. Whether Rangnick arrives or not isn’t up to me.

“I respect everyone, him and Pioli also. I like them both.”

https://www.football-italia.net/153540/calhanoglu-milan-still-have-desire

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People will call him a one season wonder. There's credibility to that but what I actually think is that a shift in mindset did him in.

He stopped working for goals on the pitch. Dude seriously lost his hunger real quick and expected the start treatment, getting a whistle for every little bump. Lost so much possession and confidence along with it.

People will say that being a poacher like him is not gonna work in todays game. That I don't subscribe to at all. Surely it's not the same as 20 years ago, but the ability to be in the right spot and finish will always yield goals. The prick just needs to stark working again and hustle to get to these spots. Actually create danger instead of spending half of the match on the ground.

I agree completely. His attitude changed so much, and it was so obvious in how he reacted to his rise. He worked so hard when he first came to Milan. He would hurl himself into chances. He began to think he was truly a star, but he really doesn't try at all anymore. He's lazy.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree completely. His attitude changed so much, and it was so obvious in how he reacted to his rise. He worked so hard when he first came to Milan. He would hurl himself into chances. He began to think he was truly a star, but he really doesn't try at all anymore. He's lazy.

He literally said that his next transfer will be for 60+ m. Ever since he said that he started playing like shit. Too bad as he started so well here. I finally thought we found our new big striker. Good riddance especially for 25 m.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
well i'm bored like everybody else, so i'll also start to over analyze those statements.

would he answer like that if he didn't know nothing? especially after report they talked on the phone.

this sound a bit like a gentle way of saying "i can't confirm nor deny"
To me it sounds like I've heard some rumours, asked my ex-teammates about Rangnick, but I don't know anything else

And why would he know anything? All players need to know is that Pioli is still their coach

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milannews talk about Sabitzer as a specific request by Ragnick should he join Milan (they got that from a supposedly reliable source in Germany)

Now that seems different to the other rumors we’ve been hearing - he’s 26 and is already a great player. Correct me if I’m wrong but he’s their captain and was a key player in UCL this season

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Meanwhile spanish La Liga is returning after 2 weeks. It's official. Same Spain that has 60000 more infected than Italy.

Is there anything slower than Italians making decisions under pressure?

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
footballitalia

Milan have seen a €10m proposal for Sporting CP centre-back Eduardo Quaresma rejected, according to Portuguese paper A Bola

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule