Vincenzo Montella Thread

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He blocked the sale of Poli because Poli is a fantastic reserve that can play RB or any side of CM. Montella is a god compared to the Mihajlocuck and Inzaghi lol

That wasn't official news just speculation. Why do people fall for everything the media report

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
He blocked the sale of Poli because Poli is a fantastic reserve that can play RB or any side of CM. Montella is a god compared to the Mihajlocuck and Inzaghi lol

Did you really just call Poli a fantastic reserve? :lol:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Montella looks very beta on the sidelines...

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Poli and fantastic are mutually exclusive to say the least. Well, except someone is mean enough to say 'fantastically awful.'

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
LOL... necro i love how you defend galliani with "logic"

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Second meaningless promo game won. More than half of players we don't even want in the team but the dying AC Milan brand need to play those commercial friendlies, so not even looking at the crap as a pre-season game.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Think the team plays well all things considered.

He should really wear a suit though, the polo he was wearing is nice for the training ground, but it's not good enough for match day. I felt very embarrassed as a fan...

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Match day? We were playing a bundes team.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Of course he'll wear a suit when real matches start. He'll be fired otherwise. This is Milan not Stoke City.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Montella: "We had a good game. I didn't see a clear difference between us and them.I liked our approach, the team tried hard, but it is normal to have a few defeats"

Sack him already.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Think the team plays well all things considered.

He should really wear a suit though, the polo he was wearing is nice for the training ground, but it's not good enough for match day. I felt very embarrassed as a fan...

Either a team plays well or they don't IMO.

It's still preseason, but this team is playing like last year. Not good at all.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Either a team plays well or they don't IMO.

It's still preseason, but this team is playing like last year. Not good at all.

Well it's hard to implement a Spanish style of football with a squad like this. Were in August and Montella literally didn't get a SINGLE player he wanted. And he requested at least 4 when they sat down with Galliani to talk about reinforcements a month ago.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Montella to GdS:

"My first month? Definitely positive, I got to know the club's atmosphere well and be more involved with my players."

"Having said that, I would've preferred the Europa League preliminary round over the US tour."

"Milan cannot stay out of European competitions. However I still think we are ahead of what I had expected after one month."

"Me and the players are calm. We are on the right way and I'm optimistic. The team do what I ask them to do."

"My demands? My job is to go forward with a project and I want to do this by looking at things from a positive perspective."

"We are rebuilding and I've been chosen for an ambitious technical plan, but I have clear ideas about how and where to intervene."

"What is the ambitious technical plan? Playing good football and winning through the beautiful game."

"Berlusconi? He called me few days ago when we were in Chicago. He was glad that we are interpreting good football ideas."

"Am I setting the bar high for Milan? No, because I know I'm not asking for too much from the team."

"At Milan many coaches have been changed lately and when it happens all must take their responsibilities, players included."

"It cannot always be the fault of others, it cannot always be referees and coaches. Those who play can do more."

"I feel better than some time ago and I want to prove it. I feel I'm almost a coach while until two years ago I was incomplete."

"It's invietable that the Milan sale news came to us in USA also, but the group has proven that they are not influenced."

"Reinforcements? I've already given my instructions to the club, they are all shared with Galliani with whom I confront daily."

"With him [Galliani] there are no misunderstandings. The need to strengthen ourselves is there, as for all other clubs."

"Bacca is great, he scores goals and a striker must do that, even if they are not spectacular goals."

"Carlos [Bacca] makes the difference. I don't agree with those who just consider him a bit inclined to my game."

"I think of him [Bacca] as a Milan player and I find our attack complementary and well-stocked."

"For example Niang has an undisputed quality, even if he is still inconsistent but he is not satisified and wants to improve."

"On the other hand, Menez probably no longer felt it is the right atmosphere for him."

"Menez's farwell was a peaceful one, but for a coach to lose a player it is a defeat."

"Sorry for not becoming Italy coach? It was a flattering approach, especially at my age."

"However, the national team job should be given to someone with white hair. For me it's still too early."

"When I arrived at Milanello there was lack of enthusiasm and players believing in themselves."

"Now I think some problems started to be solved. The excitement for me is the conviction with which I do things."

"Twitter? I took advantage of the opportunity the commercial area of the club gave me in San Francisco."

"My son Alessio insisted for a while [to make a Twitter account] and he won."

"My first target on the field? For a while I have been thinking about the Super Cup against Juventus."

"It could be the 29th trophy in the Berlusconi era, which is a motive."

"Am I happy to return to work in Milanello? I cannot wait, I already feel it's my home."

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Is it true that he's the one requested for Gustavo Gomez?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
So this will the first season that we won't start the season with 4312 since... When? Heelp

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Best transfer we could have made this summer.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

ShevaDaniel

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SHEVA, MARCO VAN BASTEN
awesome style of playing, shit players. most of them. if montella would have shitrube team, would be something amazing...

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Was the last 15 minutes Montella mentality vs Miha?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We looked great until last couple of minutes.

It seems at least we have clear ideas in terms of attack.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
I barely saw his mark yet

Torino's playing style made things easier for us

He has still a lot of work to do

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
I wish Miha wasn't fired till the summer, at least you could have a solid defensive mentality still ingrained in there heads. But good start, still got work to do

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I barely saw his mark yet

Torino's playing style made things easier for us

He has still a lot of work to do

We will never see this team playing montella football as long as montolivo is the regista.....this was the most important piece of the puzzle and we ignored in throughout the entire summer. A regista should always want the ball and when he gets on the ball the goal should be to keep it circulating. Montolivo is constantly running away from the pass and when he does get the ball, he has to take 3-5 touches before releasing it and that is too long.