Official: Friendlies

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
cdk wouldnt miss that

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
You use friendlies to try new things, evaluate players, results are not important. It's pre-season.
Our lack of technical players get exposed badly. This is only against hungarian farmers

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Messias great work. Brahim with a good pass, using his dribbling to open space for a pass, that's new.

Giroud should have finished that, but great save from the keeper, saved it with his toe.

Rebic is doing everything right but his final ball has been poor.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
f8m6xb9bvp071.jpg
4-0 Milan Bayern meme here. I'm too lazy to find it.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
1/10 performance

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
3-10 milan full time

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Come on Milan please win this in second half, don't ruin my day.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
a bs friendly can ruin ur day?
I want us to win every game, what is wrong with that. Ofc a friendly is not as important as other games, but still it sucks to lose.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
My thoughts after the first half: Brescianini = 🐍 + :poop:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our lack of technical players get exposed badly. This is only against hungarian farmers
It's a friendly. I'm not about to get alarmed by pre-season games. I'm looking more for improvement in players who need to prove something.

Kalulu? Florenzi? Giroud? Rebic? Tonali? They don't have to prove shit to me.

Messias, Brahim, FBT, Gabbia? They do. Brescianini looked terrible today.

Messias - he's using his right foot way way way more than he used to. He's not cutting to his left. He's using the threat of his right foot to open space, and he looks so much more dangerous as a result.

Brahim - he's using his dribbling to open space, rather than just dribbling for the sake of it. He's letting the ball do the work, which he seldom did.

FBT - started out bad, but he's using his speed, power, and his strength. He's defending better after a shaky start. He won the penalty. He is looking better with each minute.

Gabbia - he's been mopping up, he's stepping up to grab the midfielder that is left open by our pressing system, his passing hasn't been good enough, but his defending has. He's not leading the line, which I think is his job, to tell people where to go. He needs to be telling people where to go. Kalulu doesn't seem to be the one to tell people where to go, neither is Tata, and so it falls on Gabbia, and he's not doing that.

The first goal is a breakdown of marking--he doesn't recognize that, but the fact no one picks up the guy at the top of the box? We won't know who was supposed to take that spot, probably a shorter player? They just left him.

Hitting the post was on Rebic giving up on a play, and the second and third goals were directly the result of Brescianini getting beat just physically, and being out-of-position.

Gabbia needs time, I also think he needs confidence. Kalulu is doing his job, but to get to the next level, he needs to direct players. That's a big strength of Maignan, but also Tomori, they read the game, they read where people need to go.

I think when we don't pass well, our system can be exposed, because it's a high-risk, high-reward structure, but when we go all-out to press, there will be gaps, we actually cover both ball and man, in a hybrid system that is genuinely impressive--but it's breaking down with Brescianini, alone. That's not even a joke.

I think Gabbia being on the more high-risk side of the back four, is like Romagnoli being there, I think Gabbia would do better as the RCB rather than the LCB. But he's not getting beat, that's the thing, I just think he's do better on the other side. It's this massive gap that Brescianini gives, with Tonali pressing up, Brescianini is supposed to cover the center, and he's so scared, he's sitting back, but our system is kinda like boxing, where you instinct when you get hit is to pull back, but that just makes you get hit more, you have to press forward to close up that space.

Granted, our ability to press that high is rooted in our CBs being able to cover their man, but also, with a keeper like Maignan, to sweep when things get crazy.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
You use friendlies to try new things, evaluate players, results are not important. It's pre-season.
especially a game like this. you can see that they are instructed to not go all out (or even anywhere close).

people, for the love of god, please don't take much from this game. combination with lack of signings with be very toxic.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I see Pioli wants to test me early this season

Adli still on the bench...

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Who was the guy who tackled Kalulu from behind? he needs to be dealt with.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
These tackles.
END THE MATCH NOOW!!

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
These guys came 8th in the Hungarian league last season.

1658596287016.png

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kalulu is a rb through and through

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Only thing we can take away from this game is that Rebic is absolutely useless despite opposition :o

Schedule