Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
Though I've only read that he's a hot prospect, and never really seen him play, it puzzles me why Milan would send him out on a co-ownership deal instead of a loan.

Of course when we get superstars like Brocchi from our youth system we use them like butter on bread. What a strange world...

NanaJote

Albanian fans
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan without Inzaghi
Move to football, cause this player has been loaned to Torino !

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I don't understand us selling him in a co-owership deal.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Well according to rumors, we might still make 1 final signing this summer and that would probably cover our defense. The money we receive from the co-ownership deal would be used to fund a the purchase of a defender.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

AC Milan Coach Leonardo Considering Ignazio Abate For Left Back Position
Leonardo revealed that the club may not buy a new left-back but try youth product Ignazio Abate in that position instead.

17 Aug 2009 20:33:23
Ignazio Abate feels the heat during Milan's loss to Juventus during the Trofeo TIM
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Ignazio Abate feels the heat during Milan's loss to Juventus during the Trofeo TIM
Related Links
Teams

* Milan

Players

* Ignazio Abate

Despite the recent arrival of striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar, Milan fans are hoping that the club's transfer campaign is not quite over yet. The likes of Marek Jankulovski and Gianluca Zambrotta aren't getting any younger, so according to many a full-back would be a welcome addition to the club.

Lazio's Lorenzo De Silvestri, Tottenham Hotspurs' Gareth Bale, and Real Madrid's Royston Drenthe have already been linked with the club, but now it seems they are considering a different solution altogether.

Coach Leonardo apparently intends to use youth product Ignazio Abate, who usually plays as a winger, in a full-back role.

"His ideal position is of a winger in a 4-4-2 system,"
the coach said, as quoted by Goal.com Italia, "but we have thought about putting him at the back. Unfortunately we have not been able to put this into practice because we were missing some midfielders during the preparation period. He has to learn the defensive mechanisms, but he runs a lot and can adapt."

Abate himself has confirmed that, in order to play more, he is willing to change his position.

"I've talked about it with the coach various times," the 22-year-old said. "It could be a possibility. In the last few matches, due to the absences of [Gennaro] Gattuso, [Massimo] Ambrosini, and [Andrea] Pirlo, the coach opted to play me in midfield, but as soon as there is an opportunity we will try it.

"I already played as a wing-back with Modena in Serie B, at Empoli I was a left winger and a playmaker, and at Torino a wide player in a 3-5-2 system..."

Danilo Pochini, Goal.com

M

MassterMark

AC Milan Coach Leonardo Considering Ignazio Abate For Left Back Position
Leonardo revealed that the club may not buy a new left-back but try youth product Ignazio Abate in that position instead.

17 Aug 2009 20:33:23
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Related Links
Teams

* Milan

Players

* Ignazio Abate

Despite the recent arrival of striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar, Milan fans are hoping that the club's transfer campaign is not quite over yet. The likes of Marek Jankulovski and Gianluca Zambrotta aren't getting any younger, so according to many a full-back would be a welcome addition to the club.

Lazio's Lorenzo De Silvestri, Tottenham Hotspurs' Gareth Bale, and Real Madrid's Royston Drenthe have already been linked with the club, but now it seems they are considering a different solution altogether.

Coach Leonardo apparently intends to use youth product Ignazio Abate, who usually plays as a winger, in a full-back role.
"His ideal position is of a winger in a 4-4-2 system," the coach said, as quoted by Goal.com Italia, "but we have thought about putting him at the back. Unfortunately we have not been able to put this into practice because we were missing some midfielders during the preparation period. He has to learn the defensive mechanisms, but he runs a lot and can adapt."

Abate himself has confirmed that, in order to play more, he is willing to change his position.

"I've talked about it with the coach various times," the 22-year-old said. "It could be a possibility. In the last few matches, due to the absences of [Gennaro] Gattuso, [Massimo] Ambrosini, and [Andrea] Pirlo, the coach opted to play me in midfield, but as soon as there is an opportunity we will try it.

"I already played as a wing-back with Modena in Serie B, at Empoli I was a left winger and a playmaker, and at Torino a wide player in a 3-5-2 system..."

Danilo Pochini, Goal.com

this is funny. cus those were missing, abate could play:rolleyes:

omg! i cant imagine that those 3 will play and flamini & abate will sit:mad:

and i dont know why not RB position for abate? we can put this zambro loser on LB in favour to abate

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i thought abate only played right side. Wonder if thats a goal.com typo or what.

He clearly crosses well w/ his right

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
Well I'd rather keep than sacrifice him for DeSilv
Too bad we cant get rid of Oddo, f*ckin adamant c*nt!

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
i thought abate only played right side. Wonder if thats a goal.com typo or what.

He clearly crosses well w/ his right

I agree

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
He looked fast last night. Something that our teams needs: explosion.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Thumbs up for the performance!

Keep it up kid!

I read thet Leo wants to convert him into a RB and I don't think it would be a bad idea since the full backs we have now are crap. I doubt he is worse than Marek when it comes to defending.

So Zambro on the left, Abate seems like a good option to me.

Last edited:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
This shit better stop with gettin players then changing their position.
It worked once with Pirlo for 1-2 season & it failed with the rest.
U want a full back then get 1.
The kid seems promising so play him in his best position which is RM specially that he tracks back quiet well.

Last edited:
M

MassterMark

maybe isn't in midfield enough space for abate for his run, maybe he will have on RB much more.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I'd like to see Abate at RB. He may prove to be a valuable addition. Only concern is his aerial ability + physical strength. Zambro cleared a few balls with his head last night.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
did he play RB at torino? it seems like every time i saw them play he was further forward... i think it would be worth a try to play him at FB if we arent going to sign another FB... its probably his best chance to get into the first team and who knows it could be another sergi...

This shit better stop with gettin players then changing their position.
It worked once with Pirlo for 1-2 season & it failed with the rest.
U want a full back then get 1.
The kid seems promising so play him in his best position which is RM specially that he tracks back quiet well.

sergi and cafu were both converted midfielders... probably converted around the same age as abate is now...

Last edited:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
did he play RB at torino? it seems like every time i saw them play he was further forward... i think it would be worth a try to play him at FB if we arent going to sign another FB... its probably his best chance to get into the first team and who knows it could be another sergi...
zZZz said that he played pretty much in every position down the right. Right forward, midfielder and defender. Anyway, its not like Janku's been stellar in defense ... since thats who he'd be basically replacing, with Zambro moving to the left. Its worth a shot, I say. Certainly more promise than Antonini.
sergi and cafu were both converted midfielders... probably converted around the same age as abate is now...
Speaking of Cafu ... if anyone watched the 1992 Toyota (Club World) Cup between San Paolo (not sure) and Barca, Cafu features as a right forward ... and a pretty good one at that.

Cafu's team beat Barca, much in the same way Pato's team beat them in 06. This so-called greatest team and benchmark, etc. has never won a club world cup. Now that is pathetic :D

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Zambro was also converted from a right/left winger to a fullback by Cappelo. The ideal would be to buy a quality fullback but since that ain't gonna happen it's worth trying Abate on the right.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The point is about having a sure bet 4 the full back & the transfer window is still open.
Tryin Abate as a FB should b our last resort.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Of course ... in an ideal world we'd bring in Aly, Clichy, bosingwa, etc.. But who have we been linked with? I don't think Bale or Di Silvestri would be a massive improvement to our current fullbacks. Although I wouldn't mind either, Abate at RB doesn't seem that worse than those two names. At least try him out there. If Antonini deserves a chance there, Abate should be a starter

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We will always have Abate + the mega plan 2 make him the new Cafu & gettin + gambling on a promising FB wont affect it.
Get DiS or Bale.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
We will always have Abate + the mega plan 2 make him the new Cafu & gettin + gambling on a promising FB wont affect it.
Get DiS or Bale.

yes we need at least one of them, I believe Leo is still asking a FB.. so he might still get one

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Of course we should get a fullback. But that doesn't rule out the possibility of Abate being a good RB. Leo should give him a shot.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
obviously getting a FB and using abate elsewhere would be ideal but there's a very strong possibility that wont happen so we need to work with what we have...

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
obviously getting a FB and using abate elsewhere would be ideal but there's a very strong possibility that wont happen so we need to work with what we have...

We would have a FB if someone can tell Oddo to pack his bag ASAP:D

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
That would be nice...

Bet his gonna stay whit us till his contract expires cause no one wants him .

As for Abate as a fb ,his only decent &not that great at going forward he would fail big time as a fb ,he does not have the quality to play there.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bet his gonna stay whit us till his contract expires cause no one wants him .

As for Abate as a fb ,his only decent &not that great at going forward he would fail big time as a fb ,he does not have the quality to play there.

:head::head::head: no... Leo clearly signed that he doesn't need him, Oddo is a bit too picky, there are clubs like panathinaikos that want's him, maybe we should off load him to EPL or other German side..:D