English Premier League Thread III

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Was thinking its mental that they lost the league, with so many points, and only one game lost.

Then i looked to see if something like this happened, and found something in our own history:

1978/1979 Perugia finished the season unbeaten, but lost the title to us.

That year's league table looks mental either way you look at it, we won the title with 44 points:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978–79_Serie_A

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Was thinking its mental that they lost the league, with so many points, and only one game lost.

Then i looked to see if something like this happened, and found something in our own history:

1978/1979 Perugia finished the season unbeaten, but lost the title to us.

That year's league table looks mental either way you look at it, we won the title with 44 points:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978–79_Serie_A

So hilarious that they went unbeaten and didn't win the league.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Only 2 points for victories. (which also explains the many draws)
And 30 rounds.

Would've been 61 points if 3 points were awarded for wins.
Same points avg as 77 points in 38 rounds.
But would've likely ended up with more than 77 points(up to 85) considering that the 8 extra games would've been against 4 teams from a lower division.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Only 2 points for victories. (which also explains the many draws)
And 30 rounds.

Would've been 61 points if 3 points were awarded for wins.
Same points avg as 77 points in 38 rounds.
But would've likely ended up with more than 77 points(up to 85) considering that the 8 extra games would've been against 4 teams from a lower division.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Didn't know about the 2 points/ victory rule.

We drew 10 games, and Perugia drew 19 that's not hardly the same. You're attributing numbers without looking at what makes that season special.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We drew 10 games, and Perugia drew 19 that's not hardly the same. You're attributing numbers without looking at what makes that season special.

Huh?

Draws were a lot more common those days. That's why they had to give teams bigger incentives to win by increasing the amount of points for a victory.

That season was special for many reasons, but not because the winner finished with 44 points.

Unbeaten team finishes 2nd.
Rivera's and pre-Berlu and pre-relegation Milan's last Scudetto.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
"So looking forward" to facing United in EL next season. English pundits will go bananas with shocking titles like: fallen devils face each other, and all that good stuff.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Bielsa really bottled that game. Wonderful work from him over the season, and then everything crashes like that.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lampard :star:

Now that's how you start your managerial career. The guy is doing it right.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Ring ring it's the Pep Machine with the treble motherfuckers

1558200451652.png

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Domestic treble is impressive no matter what you may think about the FA/League cup.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Treble is the one that has CL in it. This kindergarden stuff

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Domestic treble is impressive no matter what you may think about the FA/League cup.

Yes, outspending everyone in the league year after year, and getting bitch slapped year after year on the big stage is highly impressive.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
JT :proud:

Big dick energy transcends leagues

You’ve never known big dick

Is there a word for big dick in the Maldives?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Happy for Massa... his city has a team in the PL again after so many years.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lampard to Chelsea could be very interesting. He made his experience in the lower leagues, and now Chelsea aren't in a demanding position.

If the expectation is top 6 this season, then he should comfortably achieve it. I even think he has a good shot at 4th place.

I'm quite jealous of PL teams, they aren't completely fucked without CL money like teams from Italy are. Its gonna be a good day when Italy get out of the stone ages.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Lampard to Chelsea could be very interesting. He made his experience in the lower leagues, and now Chelsea aren't in a demanding position.

If the expectation is top 6 this season, then he should comfortably achieve it. I even think he has a good shot at 4th place.

I'm quite jealous of PL teams, they aren't completely fucked without CL money like teams from Italy are. Its gonna be a good day when Italy get out of the stone ages.

I think this transfer ban could be a blessing in disguise. Chelsea has one of the best talent academies in the world but has had a sad history of shipping off promising players only to see them become world class at rivaling clubs i.e. De Bruyne and Salah.
I think that the appointment of Lampard suggests a change in strategies. He’s gonna be given time to try to build a core of young talented home grown players and then once the transfer ban lifts they’ll buy whatever components are missing to build a squad that possibly could compete for many years to come.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Let's not make it out like fat Frank has made his way from the bottom as a coach.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Leister City are building a very good team. They got tielemans + Maddison very exiting players (future world class for sure). Possibly gonna cash in on maguire for 80-90 mil. Have a good feeling about them

Schedule