The Official Sepp Blatter Page

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Sepp Blatter: Italy WC win a tragedy?

Blatter: Italy WC win "a tragedy" Wednesday 27 September, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIFA President Sepp Blatter said it was “a tragedy” that Italy won the 2006 World Cup on penalties and that the system will be changed.

The Final ended 1-1 with France after extra time and the Azzurri buried all five of their spot-kicks to lift the trophy in Berlin on July 9.

"When it comes to the World Cup final it is passion, and when it goes to extra time it is a drama,” said Blatter.

"But when it comes to penalty kicks it is a tragedy. Football is a team sport and penalties is not a team, it is the individual."

The FIFA chief suggested a replay – which would cause massive organisational problems – or gradually taking players off the field in extra time until a Golden Goal is scored.

"We have four years or so before South Africa 2010, so I think we have time," he told a Swiss Chamber of Commerce event in Zurich.

The World Cup Final has been decided twice on penalties – both involving Italy.

In 1994 the match ended 0-0 before Brazil emerged victorious. In 2006 the Azzurri saw off France from the spot.

Blatter has already courted controversy from Italian football after he failed to hand over the World Cup trophy in Berlin this summer. UEFA President Lennart Johannson took charge of the ceremony while Blatter watched from the stands.

source: channel4.com

F**** off Blatter the crapper

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
He would say the opposite if the French team won . What a pathetic loser ! :D

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Obviously, "tact" is not in Blatter's dictionary.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Fuck u Blatter, y the fuck do u hate italy? :mad:

Yea i agree Penalties r unfair 2 decide a game, so wut do u think of the WC Final? ;)

but i mean, apply it from next WC, not think of a re-match, if u would do that, then re-match Italy vs Brazil 1994 ;)

Fuck off Blatter & leave italy alone :o

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
FUCK you soon of the bitch :mad: why on earth he hates Italy soo much :mad: .. Fucking bastard .. He wanted Brazil or France to win it ..

Forza Italy :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Haaaaaah, what a bunch of crap - same old Sepp, oh, when will he learn?:o

PRIYO

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Sheva, Sergio Claudio, Ibra.
a replay??what are you kidding me?? :o
he has lost his dignity by saying that.oh i mean virginity oh no dignity oh whatever he has.he lost it.. :D
stupid dull. :o

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
FIFA President Sepp Blatter said it was “a tragedy” that Italy won the 2006 World Cup on penalties and that the system will be changed.
no sir... you are a tragedy :o

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
DugiNesta said:
FUCK you soon of the bitch :mad: why on earth he hates Italy soo much :mad: .. Fucking bastard .. He wanted Brazil or France to win it ..

Forza Italy :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
I think he supports the french + doesn't really care about Italy.

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
the bastard has his head so far up his ass, that he can't see in front of him anymore.asshole.

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
menon_inc said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

awww poor boy. did you cry to your mommy ?

or did you lose money on football bets ? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
so it wasn't a tragedy when Brazil won & Italy lost the WC on penalties? what a load of b*llsh*t... someone should get him a toy bear to hug...

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
As soon as Italy learn how to convert PK's this KUNT begins to put a plan in place to remove them.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
menon_inc said:

The Final ended 1-1 with France after extra time and the Azzurri buried all five of their spot-kicks to lift the trophy in Berlin on July 9.

"When it comes to the World Cup final it is passion, and when it goes to extra time it is a drama,” said Blatter.

"But when it comes to penalty kicks it is a tragedy. Football is a team sport and penalties is not a team, it is the individual."

The FIFA chief suggested a replay – which would cause massive organisational problems – or gradually taking players off the field in extra time until a Golden Goal is scored.

"We have four years or so before South Africa 2010, so I think we have time," he told a Swiss Chamber of Commerce event in Zurich.

The World Cup Final has been decided twice on penalties – both involving Italy.

In 1994 the match ended 0-0 before Brazil emerged victorious. In 2006 the Azzurri saw off France from the spot.

Blatter has already courted controversy from Italian football after he failed to hand over the World Cup trophy in Berlin this summer. UEFA President Lennart Johannson took charge of the ceremony while Blatter watched from the stands.

source: channel4.com

F**** off Blatter the crapper
LOL!@replay...this guy is seriously a cock jockey!

and I suppose we can replaying all those other times where Italy lost on PK's you FUCKIN' IDIOT!

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
I agree with taking out pentalties - I mean like in the CL against Liverpool we basically dominated the whole match, therefor deserved to win. But it was the lottery of penalties that turned the result in favour of Liverpool.
Because I think that the better team on the day should win.

I wouldn't know how to decide a match then, maybe re-match, I really don't know.

But a Re-Match... that's a bit extreme.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
red&black_fever said:
I agree with taking out pentalties - I mean like in the CL against Liverpool we basically dominated the whole match, therefor deserved to win. But it was the lottery of penalties that turned the result in favour of Liverpool.
Because I think that the better team on the day should win.

I wouldn't know how to decide a match then, maybe re-match, I really don't know.

But a Re-Match... that's a bit extreme.
Though some teams play for a draw and would rather fancy their chances in a shootout...though I have no problems after a certain time limit remove a player from each side till the opposition scores.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Fuck Blatter!

I really hate the penalty shootout it's a matter of luck...after 90 min than. 2 times 15 min and then keep playing for untill there is a goal :)

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's probably all upset because Switzerland crapped out early despite not conceding a goal. :head:

Redsun

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio
he's totally an idiot.one of the chiefs of anti-italy campaign.dream on looser dream on...

acgaetano

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
italia wc team cassano kaka maldini crespo baggio zola maradonna
i hate him don't know y he hate italy but he did not have a promlem when brasil beat us on penalty's in 94 did he fcuking nob

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
damn i don't get FIFA..why is Sepp Blatter still the boss???
and i agree with vani, he is a tragedy..;)
is it possible to be this anti-italy:eek:..everyone saw that italy deserved to win!!!(atleast i did):D

i like everything the way they are :) this new "rule" would change football :rolleyes: for me ;) but i'm open for suggestions as long as golden goal is not included!!! i hate that for sum strange reason..i don't think it's fair :)

Last edited:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
PRIYO said:
a replay??what are you kidding me?? :o
he has lost his dignity by saying that...he lost it.. :D stupid dull. :o

zZ[-_- said:
Zz]so it wasn't a tragedy when Brazil won & Italy lost the WC on penalties? what a load of b*llsh*t... someone should get him a toy bear to hug...

Very stupid and very biased comment.
Too bad no camera picked his reaction when Trezeguet scored that golden goal vs Italy in Euro 00 so the whole world can see how one-sided he is :rolleyes: Did he forget how Italy played in the tournament? How they knocked the host in the semis?

Why not play a rematch of CL 93 between Milan vs Olympique Marseille first (OM players admitted to have taken performance booster stuff and not to mention the fact that they were stripped out of it). Then we can start talking about WC replay.

And while he's on it, why not play a replay of Argentina vs England of the Mexico 86? Maradona had repeatedly admitted to hand the ball.

zlatanov

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MvB, Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Zidane
Blatter obviously has some issues with Italy, and I guess this whole calciopoli scandal isn't the reason but merely added to his "dislike" for the Italian NT and Federation in general.
However, if you care to read that article in the first post a little more carefully, you would probably see that what he called a tragedy was how cruel a PK loss could be to one of the teams. I think he was speaking in general here - his timing is a little off I guess but what he says is something that many of us would probably agree with if it came from someone else - Johan Cruyff for insance.

As for the title, well, as usual, the journalists gave their best in search of sensationalism and yet again embellished someone's comments to help their cause of selling more papers and attracting more attention ... it's not like this is happening for the first time ... only surprise is that there is still someone who readily takes the bait.

chelitalia

entre los dos
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rossoneri - Azzurri - Sheva - Rui Costa
well i guess if France won WC 2006 on penalties, then he would have said a different story. he might have betted on France to win the WC. :o

btw, he's not showing professionalism and respect for his job by not presenting the trophy to Italy. as a president of Fifa, he should not be biased against any team.

hmm y do so many ppl dislike Italy NT when they really showed great teamwork in WC2006 and they fielded the entire team. isnt soccer all abt team spirit and skills, although at times, u'll need alittle of luck?? :tongue:

haha it's a good idea to keep on playing the match until someone scores a goal after the 2 x 15mins extra time. then it would be pitching against stamina and luck, which would be better than PK.

Schedule