The Rumour Commode XXVIII: Stai Calma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Would you guys take Gasperini this summer?

I have no idea why he would leave his masterpieve, but just as a thought experiment.
In 10 years, no one will ever remember gasparini and his masterpiece unless he wins something.

Gasparini is someone you bring in and tell him "do what you can", you can never ask him for trophies unless it's the Berlusconi trofeo.

Atalanta has always been like this, a talent reservoir for Italian football.

All the credit goes to pecassi and the head of the sporting area for deciding to go as far as they can with their project. They are doing what ADL did in the past with Napoli but will they be able to maintain what they have?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
d4baea6ce24949d2c6fef58959176e67.jpg
wtf is that

ching-chong-balong 2020

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Tonali is the real deal, shame its not possibke with Gazidis
With gazidis it's very likely to get a 40m 22 years old than a 40m 28 years old.

Elliot and Gazidis are looking at players as an investment. They dont care about sporting success, they want to sell the club.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People also have failed to mention that Gasperini just made it out of the CL group stage as well. But for as much success as Gasperini has had with Atalanta, it would just be another experimental gamble of a hire. Coaching at a big club also means having the ability to handle diva egos. You may not get effort from some like you would at an Atalanta with most players still looking to prove themselves and possibly take the next step to a bigger club. At the end of the day, Atalanta typically sell their best to bigger clubs and just reload on talent. Milan’s next step to return to any former glory is to bring in an established top coach and follow the path of Inter in recent seasons. Inter were just as bad as Milan the last decade or so, but took that next step by hiring someone proven like Spalletti that knew how to make it to the top 4 consistently then taking another step forward with Conte. I would think the bare minimum candidate for a coach for Milan this summer has to be a Spalletti or Allegri.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't know about scouts either because 80% of them turn out to be frauds. Basically they forgot how to play (or they get injured, in our case), just a moment after they step out of Bergamo.

I'm curious to know what kind of magic they're using there. :o
Gasperini

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People also have failed to mention that Gasperini just made it out of the CL group stage as well. But for as much success as Gasperini has had with Atalanta, it would just be another experimental gamble of a hire. Coaching at a big club also means having the ability to handle diva egos. You may not get effort from some like you would at an Atalanta with most players still looking to prove themselves and possibly take the next step to a bigger club. At the end of the day, Atalanta typically sell their best to bigger clubs and just reload on talent. Milan’s next step to return to any former glory is to bring in an established top coach and follow the path of Inter in recent seasons. Inter were just as bad as Milan the last decade or so, but took that next step by hiring someone proven like Spalletti that knew how to make it to the top 4 consistently then taking another step forward with Conte. I would think the bare minimum candidate for a coach for Milan this summer has to be a Spalletti or Allegri.
I basically agree with you.

But,

Since Gasperini took over at Atalanta four years ago, he ended 4th and 3rd and is currently on his way to 4th place again, with a squad that gets dismantled every summer and needs to be rebuild. It's true that at Atalanta there is not the same pressure to deliver a top 4 finish as it is somewhere else. But IMO it's also true that there are other factors who don't make it easier to achieve what Gasperini achieved.

I'm not saying Gasperini is the one and only that can take us into CL. But I wouldn't oppose to him neither. That said I can't see why he would leave Atalanta where he has found an ambiente that gives him 110% trust and where he can obviously play CL just like he would everywhere else – maybe even year after year.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Really hoping those Suso to Sevilla rumours are true. Let him go and sign a winger that can play both on the left side and right side, can’t be signing one trick ponies like Under for example.

We need players who can cover various positions in attack

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really hoping those Suso to Sevilla rumours are true. Let him go and sign a winger that can play both on the left side and right side, can’t be signing one trick ponies like Under for example.

We need players who can cover various positions in attack
Rumors are Suso out, Januszaj in.

If these are true, then... Maybe better keep Suso.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He is not crazy after all.

Get well soon champ, we need you....ok we dont because you suck and have no skill.

Just get well...
9596ca0b3847351b067a9231073ec41d.jpg

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
in 2015 yungfreddy was aggresively pushing for ibra...even doing account close bets with vulture sheva and stevan (WIch shows u cant trust these guys opinion whatsoevver)...apparantly it was publicly accepted to not want ibra and post about it in the forum..strange times

The main reason I've not wanted Ibra for all this time has been because Milan always wanted Ibra to come and solve problems. There was no project for building a good team, they were like "let's add Ibra, we'll win Scudetto with him". Often the focus has been mostly in the CF with the idea that the CF alone will solve most of problems of the team.

Look at this team now. We still need to add at least a midfielder and maybe a winger or defenders, but it seems they don't want to invest.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't want Gasperini as Milan coach. The guy needs years to build and we won't give him that much time. What we can hope for is ADL brings him to Napoli. This will probably destroy Atalanta and will bring another shaky season for Napoli. 2 birds with 1 stone

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Many good posts this night.

I am now at a point where I basically care only about the next coach hiring. None of our signings are sure things anyhow.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
the point is there are players who can play just as well but professionals unlike Baka
Like Kessie

I don't want Gasperini as Milan coach. The guy needs years to build and we won't give him that much time. What we can hope for is ADL brings him to Napoli. This will probably destroy Atalanta and will bring another shaky season for Napoli. 2 birds with 1 stone

And what coach won't need years to build the team? Even Klopp finished 8th in his 1st season, with a team that was not so bad already.

I reckon Gasp would need 1 year to sort things out and would get results in his 2nd one.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Like Kessie

And what coach won't need years to build the team? Even Klopp finished 8th in his 1st season, with a team that was not so bad already.

I reckon Gasp would need 1 year to sort things out and would get results in his 2nd one.

Well, every top coach needs time to build but I doubt Gasp can e called top. Klopp took a pathetic team, so taking years is normal. On the other hand Conte took a team that made it to top 4 with crazy luck and managed to make him a title contender within a few months

I am perfectly fine with giving the new coach a year without much pressure but I want him to be a real proven coach, Gasp gives me Giampaolo vibes. Once he leaves Atalanta he will probably flop, just like ANY of the Atalanta players that leave the club flop.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Asked for Gasp in the summer

Wanted Gasp in the summer

Will want Gasp again in the summer

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Why Gasparini?
Changing a coach again will be very bad.
We are finally 6th.
Only option I can see if we would be in relegation zone is that Ibra becomes player/manager or just manager.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Well, every top coach needs time to build but I doubt Gasp can e called top. Klopp took a pathetic team, so taking years is normal. On the other hand Conte took a team that made it to top 4 with crazy luck and managed to make him a title contender within a few months

I am perfectly fine with giving the new coach a year without much pressure but I want him to be a real proven coach, Gasp gives me Giampaolo vibes. Once he leaves Atalanta he will probably flop, just like ANY of the Atalanta players that leave the club flop.

And our team is not pathetic? :lol:

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why Gasparini?
Changing a coach again will be very bad.
We are finally 6th.
Only option I can see if we would be in relegation zone is that Ibra becomes player/manager or just manager.

Took Pioli like 3 months to realize running your entire attack through Suso isn't a great idea

Not the guy to bring Milan forward

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Took Pioli like 3 months to realize running your entire attack through Suso isn't a great idea

Not the guy to bring Milan forward

Yeah...how many seasons did it take Gasparini to get where they are now?

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Acerbi shouldn't have talked shit before the game. I don't care about that incident.

Bakayoko couldn't have gotten an uber? Lock the car, call the Ferrari, Mercedes, whatever dealership and tell them to pick it up and get to training, that's the only thing I didn't like about Bakayoko.

But shit happens, whatever, move on. He's a great player, and he works his ass off, it's not like he's a primadonna winger who doesn't try--Bakayoko does he job very well and he should've stayed.

Milan rescued him from his own shit & he is relevant again & yet after one game where he didnt start probably because he was lying about being late he tell Gatu , the coach who revived him & a club legend , to fuck off ?!!!!! No , fuck him & his low IQ.
He forgot his shirt number FFS.

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t understand the urgency to change coach now.

Allegri already proved he needs leaders in the dressing room as he isn’t a coach that mingles there. We only have Ibra as a leader.
Pocchetino took many seasons.
Pioli isn’t top of the world but our management needs to cooperate with coach and players to develop a new identity for the team. The most stupid thing probably is they didn’t try hard enough to keep Rino last season.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Quite skeptical of continuing with Pioli, although a changing of coach makes my stomach flip. Pioli get a lot for free now because Ibra has liberated the team. No good players want to come here because Pioli coaches us, that's a sign.

If Allegri is available I'd do it.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan are in contacts with the agent of Benfica midfielder Florentino Luis but still have to formulate an offer. The Rossoneri want him on loan with option to buy. Benfica would accept this deal formula with the inclusion of a high buyout fee [@DiMarzio] https://t.co/LlzSY0r8Fr

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
I don’t understand the urgency to change coach now.

Allegri already proved he needs leaders in the dressing room as he isn’t a coach that mingles there. We only have Ibra as a leader.
Pocchetino took many seasons.
Pioli isn’t top of the world but our management needs to cooperate with coach and players to develop a new identity for the team. The most stupid thing probably is they didn’t try hard enough to keep Rino last season.
Coach change is inevitable, we need a new coach for next season.

I know what matters now is grinding results but for long term Pioli isnt your coach. He is really a very limited coach. I dont see how he can survive after this season.

Gattuso was a work in progess. Too bad he left he was the best coach we had after allegri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule