The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
28a9f68d6f395ffe0322b749caca15e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Did Michael Owen win the Ballon d'Or? The answer is yes, but without being crowned the best player in world football"

https://talksport.com/football/how-...g-crowned-worlds-best-footballer-141202127287

Hollow victory if you ask me

Feel free to kiss my arse, congo n Diavolo 3

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Spoiler:

No it really it's really not a reliable method. It's too narrow, circumstantial and is affected by a bunch of other factors.

I have no idea who Alfonso Alves is and I'm struggling to understand if you're saying that Bundesliga = dutch league (eredivisie) and that it might be better than EPL..?

There will always exist a Quagmire, Aduriz, Di Natale and Klose. As much as there will always exist a Pato and Bojan.

Vardy is another example.

It's simple logic that different characteristics suits different environments, how can anyone disagree with that? Sometimes a player can perform dramatically different by just changing a team, let alone a league.

Did Shevchenko turn into shit over a summer?

-
Did I do the spoiler right? On my screen there's no button to "unspoil"
alfonso alves will be known by older fans

no what I'm saying is if leagues are on a similar level (epl and la liga) then style of play etc. can come into play.

but weaker leagues don't get the benefit of the doubt, that's how I look at it.

when players come from the dutch league and flop, people quickly say "well of course it's the dutch league" and tbh rightfully so in a lot of instances, and I feel the same way towards serie A. It's not at dutch league level yet but it's on that path, maybe in 10 years or so.

maybe you have a total different POV because you respect serie A's football, and it's totally ok to disagree on this.

are you saying klose and di natale weren't top strikers? because they clearly were.

shevchenko was done, I don't know what the english courses did to him but he just wasn't there physically or mentally.

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li, Hidden Galliani

Is Van Basten manchester united fan?

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There is no such past past... there is a reason we won those trophies and had those players.. and it is to BRAG about it.. They didn’t give their alls for the shirt just to be forgotten the next day.

— they didn’t win the ballon d’or in a milan jersey so fak them

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no such past past... there is a reason we won those trophies and had those players.. and it is to BRAG about it.. They didn’t give their alls for the shirt just to be forgotten the next day.

I hope you saw those arsenal fans you and your friend laughed at after the game for some #bantz

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Who is your all time man utd fav player and moment?

lol! Dont have any. They r all shit! Goalie is good.

3, stop this bs, man, you've here long enough. My fav is Milan.

Oh, sorry, all time... (my time)... Cantona! or The Great Dane

Last edited:

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
alfonso alves will be known by older fans

no what I'm saying is if leagues are on a similar level (epl and la liga) then style of play etc. can come into play.

but weaker leagues don't get the benefit of the doubt, that's how I look at it.

when players come from the dutch league and flop, people quickly say "well of course it's the dutch league" and tbh rightfully so in a lot of instances, and I feel the same way towards serie A. It's not at dutch league level yet but it's on that path, maybe in 10 years or so.

maybe you have a total different POV because you respect serie A's football, and it's totally ok to disagree on this.

are you saying klose and di natale weren't top strikers? because they clearly were.

shevchenko was done, I don't know what the english courses did to him but he just wasn't there physically or mentally.

The difference between Feyenoord and Juventus is far greater than Juventus and Chelsea.

Style of play is always relevant. Players who succeed in Ligue 1 might not have the footballing brain to succeed in Serie A, as it's been proven on numerous occasions. According to you the two leagues are on par so I don't see how that's possible.

Regarding Di Natale and Klose I was more referring to their age but that's perhaps irrelevant (then you shouldn't have mentioned it either however) so scratch that.

So I should be older than 28 in order to know about a Middlesbrough player? I assume that's the player you meant, although you got his name wrong if that's the case...it's Afonso.

So you're basically saying Sheva turned into shit over a summer?

Luca Toni is another example of someone who scored left and right without being a top player.

Last edited:

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
lol! Dont have any. They r all shit! Goalie is good.

3, stop is bs, man, you've here long enough. My fav is Milan.

Oh, sorry, all time... (my time)... Cantona!

❤️ ok I didn’t know I sincerely thought you were a man utd. I don’t judge, I respect all people for their tendencies.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
❤️ ok I didn’t know I sincerely thought you were a man utd. I don’t judge, I respect all people for their tendencies.

Have great respect for the old Juve, Barca and Utd... but my love is Milan

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I hope you saw those arsenal fans you and your friend laughed at after the game for some #bantz

Don’t remind me of those poor souls that didn’t even believe in their team. It was like witnessing the RnB in human form after a milan loss

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
The difference between Feyenoord and Juventus is far greater than Juventus and Chelsea.

Style of play is always relevant. Players who succeed in Ligue 1 might not have the footballing brain to succeed in Serie A, as it's been proven on numerous occasions. According to you the two leagues are on par so I don't see how that's possible.

Regarding Di Natale and Klose I was more referring to their age but that's perhaps irrelevant so scratch that.

So I should be older than 28 in order to know about a Middlesbrough player? I assume that's the player you meant, although you got his name wrong if that's the case...it's Afonso.

So you're basically saying Sheva turned into shit over a summer?

Luca Toni is another example of someone who scored left and right without being a top player.

I didn't say the dutch league and serie A are of the same level now, I just used the dutch league as an example.

footballing brain to succeed in serie A? you criticize others for talking about a player flopping else where but you're sticking to stereotypes? :D

we'll just agree to disagree.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

The show must go on!

Like can we talk about this creativity... EPL COULD NEVER!!!

b565aba3826ce4e18ebaa363d9f838e8.jpg

086e1593a290089d86ea15053d3ec07e.jpg

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I didn't say the dutch league and serie A are of the same level now, I just used the dutch league as an example.

footballing brain to succeed in serie A? you criticize others for talking about a player flopping else where but you're sticking to stereotypes? :D

we'll just agree to disagree.

You continue to conveniently ignore to adress several points I bring up.

It's hardly unknown that Serie A has a more tactical approach than League 1.
Let's call it style of play instead then, the point remains.

You used the dutch league as an example the same way you're using Serie A as an example.

I'm going to be busy from now on so further response will have to wait.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Flops don’t need leagues to flop.

I can name hundreds and every case is different, we are forgetting the most important aspect. The human aspect is important.

Players have lives and it’s not easy to adapt sometimes. If a player flopped at one league does not mean he’s shot.

Life style dictates where the player settles.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
One player that I cant get my head around as to why he didnt succeed in Italy was Dennis Bergkamp. Then again, he was at inter

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

just made our lost looked more pathetic, what a embarrassing performance in front of our fans :fp: :fp:

YeAh our fans deserve a team as good as real.. the stadium and the fans don’t match the players on the pitch..

But hey seriously our season was over in november and we all knew that. We have a capable team now and are only 3 quality starting players from having a good team. We are now in the same position as in the summer after 2012-13 season, where we were few players away from having a great team. But galliani and berlusconi fucked up big time, let us hope these chinese owners + mirabelli and fassone doesn’t do the same.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta

This is some of the most diva-level bullshit I have ever read. This surpasses the expected bullshit of congo, massaro, necro, senator et al. Oh I know what this is. This is Berlusconi-level myopia. remove the fucking shit from your eyes please and realise that the milan of the last 5 years has been an absolute insult to the legends mentioned in that picture.

Empirical evidence suggests that for the better part of the last decade, these personal successes that you're speaking of have done absolutely nothing for the club as we continue to wallow in our pitiful ways. Out of CL for how much years now? Can't win a europa league match versus what is the most garbage Arsenal team to play in the EPL. Playing 2nd fiddle to the likes of genoa and sampdoria in a league that is getting weaker and weaker every season. Spending 63 million euros on forwards that cannot score goals and 23 million euros on a playmaker that still cannot comfortably settle into the squad (after more than half the season has gone by) and actually play like he fucking deserves the #10 AC Milan jersey.

the team's been such shit for the last 5 years and your biggest concern is to brag about our past? That's the most important thing for you? AC Milan is getting left behind in an ever evolving world of football that's experienced massive proliferation in recent years. Italian football is slowing to a fucking crawl, having nothing but the dust of La Liga and the EPL to tread on. But you want to rest on your laurels and talk about Marco and Ruud and Kaka' as though their historical importance will somehow miraculously put us back on track for CL and Serie A.

Let me put this in a simple way so ignorant people such as you would understand. The men in that picture are our Past. They set the standard that you would expect from AC Milan. Berlusconi got most of these men here and in doing so laid the foundation for AC Milan to become the most titled club in the world. The San Siro was mythical. Playing in there was like playing in a match for your life. The tifosi was incredulous. If their cheers didnt instill fear into our opponents, the banners would make them shit themselves out of hopelessness. The team was legendary. And was truly 11 devils ready to cut you to pieces and steal your soul. That is our past.

Our current team, is just an insult to the past. So every time you remember Marco, Ruud, Kaka', Sheva, Rivera, Baggio, you must remember as well, how much of a step down our current team is, and how far we've fallen. Let that temper your pride and humble your fucking mouth a bit. This is not AC Milan.

The AC Milan was a lion. We are simply it's toothless, silent shadow.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Raccoon

Beginner
Reaction score
Come on guys, its not like we lost to Verona (oh wait), this was Arsenal.
They may have been in bad period, but they are still alot more experienced in europe in recent years..
And im not trying to compare leagues here, but they still have more experience with good teams in their league, that can do well in CL and EL.
We only have experience against Juventus who is good in europe, Napoli and others are losing vs mighty shaktars

We did have a great run with Rino, but its not like we have been dominating everyone in that run, instead those were hard fought victories.
Its not like we can just bounce back to being great in europe, and win the competition straight away. This is a young team that is just starting their eu journey.
I am sure we will be alot better next season even if we dont buy anyone, just saying.

One thing that really annoyed me is shooting... Lol they had like 10 good attempts (strong powerful shots), while we had shots in the stands and that Suso shot that didnt even go behind the goal line. In that aspect, they are like 10 lvls ahead of us

One of the things i love are scraply victories. 13 games unbeaten streak is worth as much as the numbers tell. Plus we weren‘t outplayed by arsenal, we were outsmarted! We dominated the second half, albeit we didnt do well in the final third of their field.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^^Must I repeat post #8156... dont bother me.

A little bit of politeness goes an awful long way. Learns sum fucking manners

Raccoon

Beginner
Reaction score

^^Must I repeat post #8156... dont bother me.

A little bit of politeness goes an awful long way. Learns sum fucking manners

I apologize for using bad language. I didn‘t mean to disrespect, but your original argument was weak and sentimental. We are talking about revenues and brand exposure not names and whatnot. D&g might have the name! But were the revenues higher? Do we owe anything to other sponsors after being treated like a side-chick? We need to grow a brand and name again. I domt care who the sponsors are as long as they pay up. We can talk big names after we‘re the name again

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.