German Bundesliga Thread

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
-- Bundesliga clubs are selling record numbers of season tickets, Borussia Dortmund topping the list @ 50.000

-- Schalke + Bayern will play the league cup final on Saturday

-- Werder Bremen update :
  • have signed Sanogo from HSV
  • lost 4 consecutive pre-season matches
  • injury scare for Frings who was feared to have torn his cruciate ligament but after more thorough checks rupture has been ruled out + he's said to be out of action 6 weeks rather than 6 months

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
-- Bundesliga clubs are selling record numbers of season tickets, Borussia Dortmund topping the list @ 50.000
Was Galliani not boasting how Milan had sold 35,000 or something? Its really quite pathetic when you see those kind of figures coming from a "lesser" league and far lesser club.

Is the German League Cup like the Charity Shield or Super Coppa? I guess it can't be as Stuttgart aren't in it, but it just seems too early to be anything else.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Tsar said:
Was Galliani not boasting how Milan had sold 35,000 or something? Its really quite pathetic when you see those kind of figures coming from a "lesser" league and far lesser club.

Is the German League Cup like the Charity Shield or Super Coppa? I guess it can't be as Stuttgart aren't in it, but it just seems too early to be anything else.

Not exactly. Dortmund is no way a lesser club when it comes to ticket sales. They've been topping the world like 3 years from what I've gathered. Germany as a league too.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Jasper said:
Not exactly. Dortmund is no way a lesser club when it comes to ticket sales. They've been topping the world like 3 years from what I've gathered. Germany as a league too.
Yes I know ticket sales are far higher in Germany than anywhere else, and Dortmund is always high because they have a huge stadium. But by lesser club I mean in support, income, squad, everthing. But the question you have to ask is why can Dortmund shift 15,000 more season tickets than Milan - one of the biggest clubs in the World? Its not that Milan don't have the room - the Sansa is infact a good bit bigger than the Westfallen. Its not that there isn't the fans - Milan is the 2nd biggest supported club in Italy, and play in its most populated city. And its not about cost, Italy is overall far cheaper than Germany, and certainly England and Spain. So whats the problem in Italy then, I say Italy as Milan is actually doing better than any other club in serie A last I checked.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I see, its nothing like the Scottish & English League Cups then, thats what threw me off, I knew of this competition only by its German name.

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
Tsar said:
Yes I know ticket sales are far higher in Germany than anywhere else, and Dortmund is always high because they have a huge stadium. But by lesser club I mean in support, income, squad, everthing. But the question you have to ask is why can Dortmund shift 15,000 more season tickets than Milan - one of the biggest clubs in the World? Its not that Milan don't have the room - the Sansa is infact a good bit bigger than the Westfallen. Its not that there isn't the fans - Milan is the 2nd biggest supported club in Italy, and play in its most populated city. And its not about cost, Italy is overall far cheaper than Germany, and certainly England and Spain. So whats the problem in Italy then, I say Italy as Milan is actually doing better than any other club in serie A last I checked.
The reason is 1-that the annual rate of normal italian worker is way too inferior than the germen ones 2-there is still the shadow of the "Calciopoli" that made the people disinterested in football,actually in the last month i've heard that Football isnt anymore the more practised sport in italy that gives another point why there isnt much interest in football here in italy nowadays

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Matmil04 said:
The reason is 1-that the annual rate of normal italian worker is way too inferior than the germen ones (...)
I don't think Italian + German average income is that far apart, German clubs are simply less greedy, i.e. tickets are reasonably priced + income structure is taken into account (discounts for children, students, retired folks 65+, handicapped etc with free public transport included for all ticket holders)

Example season ticket :

Stuttgart HT Mitte Unterrang : EUR 571,20 for full-paying non-members
AC Milan Tier 1 Red (comparable seating + view) : EUR 1350

Borussia Dortmund Kat. 1 : EUR 526
AC Milan Tier 1 Orange : EUR 780

;)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Watched a Werder friendly as well. Carlos Alberto isn't playing as a forward or striker as expected as he seemed to slot in midfield at times behind Diego. Interesting to see what Thomas is conjuring up.

GW

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, Pippo, Nesta, T. Silva, Pjanic, Begovic, Besic
So far two teams form 1. Bundesliga lost in 1. round of German cup.

Leverkusen and Cotbuss are out. Leverkusen lost against St. Pauli 1-0, Cotbuss lost against Essen after penalty shootout.

Rest of the teams including Bremen and Stuttgart are through.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Oh my ... Bayern in bit of a delicate situation.

Klose strikes to level proceedings. Lucio goes close.

FT 1-1. Burghausen's keeper, if I heard correctly, 19 years of age, had an exceptional game.

Big chance for Van Buyten, just brought on as a forward.

AET 1-1. Penalties. So its Kahn vs Reemann :D

Bayern wins 4-3 though it took seven penalties each to separate the sides. Reemann scored Burghausen's fifth penalty :D He and a Lithuanian central defender impressed.

Last edited:

GW

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, Pippo, Nesta, T. Silva, Pjanic, Begovic, Besic
Today is the first game of the new Bundesliga season.
And what a game to start with.
Stuttgart against Schalke. First and second team from last season.

Tommorow two other candidates for title are playing their games. Bayern is playing against Hansa Rostock at Alianz Arena.
Bremen has much tougher job. They are playing away against Bochum.

dino-diavolo

passionate rounder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Maldini, Bazdarevic, Garincha, Zubanovic, Diego Ribas,Zinedine Zidane
Schalke will win, they must win:D
i hoper bayern will crash and burn:mad:

dino-diavolo

passionate rounder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ok it ended 2:2
kobiashvili and rakitic for schalke
khedira and pardo for stuttgart

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great goal by Raktic.

great game to start the Bundesliga.

INsider

Banned
Reaction score
guess i missed all the action as i only saw the 1st half

bummer

does any1 know how long gomez will be out?

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
dino-diavolo said:
ok it ended 2:2
kobiashvili and rakitic for schalke
khedira and pardo for stuttgart

nice to see Pardo scoring :) keep on like that

how did Osorio play?

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Luca Toni scored ....1-0 to Bayern

Aapert

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Kaka,Pippo,Gattuso,Nesta
I watched bayern vs. rostock and I have to say that bayern now has a team wich is going to be hard to beat. They were very good. And Ribery played absolutely stunning game.

Last edited:

dino-diavolo

passionate rounder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Aapert said:
I watched bayern vs. rokstock and I have to say that bayern now has a team wich is going to be hard to beat. They were very good. And Ribery played absolutely stunning game.
rostock isn't the team to test te limits of Bayern...let's wait till te big games come... Go Schalke!:D

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I have to say that the Toni-Klose attacking power is there to see. you're right it was predicted that Bayern would have won the game but their attacking movement is just formidable, Ribery, Ze Roberto has already adapted nicely

dino-diavolo

passionate rounder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Matmil04 said:
I have to say that the Toni-Klose attacking power is there to see. you're right it was predicted that Bayern would have won the game but their attacking movement is just formidable, Ribery, Ze Roberto has already adapted nicely
Toni and Ribery are new comers, and they adapted just great, ze roberto and klose have experience in the bundesliga ...
ribery is for me already the best player in the bundesliga...great pace, dribilings, pasing, inteligence...great!:star:

Dora

Freedom Spirit
Reaction score
i'm impressed with how rakitić adapted in schalke, and that he already scored, i'm excited to see him playing for the nt, and he'll already get a chance in the coming friendly with Bosnia&Herzegovina cause Kranjčar is injured

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
Im impressed with Bayern start, they just will be No:1 this year in Bundesliga and fur sure Uefa cup.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
albion tifo said:
Im impressed with Bayern start, they just will be No:1 this year in Bundesliga and fur sure Uefa cup.
They have to win both, with that team and all the investement, they have to win both.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Interesting the UEFA cup team has a better attacking option than the CL winner. Compare TONI_RIBERA combo as oppose to RONALDO_GILA option !!