The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2010, 03:08   #101
akewander
AC Milan Icon
 
akewander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Fav. Players: Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish View Post
wasting your time dude
i had that feeling while writing it., hopefully he can see the diff now.


Signature
Winter Is Coming
akewander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 03:49   #102
GreatKalu
I still believe!
 
GreatKalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akewander View Post
GH does not enhanse or have any effect on ur fucking skill at all,it doesnt teach u how to throw a punch, kick/control/dribble a ball or how to bat.all it does is it stimulates growth and cell reproduction and regeneration , messi was giving it because his cells wouldnt reproduce normally due to his medical condition GHD and as a parent u give ur child the best medical solution there is in his case adminstring GH.GH enhancing performance is a myth, there is no scientific reasearch to back it up, in fact the little research done would suggest it has NO effect at all.
I'm sorry ... but how does increasing one's "stimulation of growth" not affect their performances? Its all well and good if you claim it doesn't, but please post a link or resource to us less educated on the subject. Otherwise, common sense makes you think Messi would have been a little whimp without GH.

Quote:
the fact is any type of drug use in football is banned, whether or not it has an effect.
so mutu using a drug at 31 as a professional is wrong, he did it before and did it again.
That is according to the law which I said was hypocritical to begin with. Again, you didn't answer me ... do you think a child taking HG under Barca Almighty's watch would have less of an effect on the child's performances on the pitch than a 31 year old taking sibutramine? That's what I've talked about from the start ... a hypocrisy in judging what medication is acceptable and what is not.

Quote:
The WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) will ban any drug that athletes use, whether or not it has an effect, its code points out that the use of substances "based on the mistaken belief they enhance performance is clearly contradictory to the spirit of sport ."
Hmmm ... but I guess Barca injecting teens and pre-teens with substances is clearly in the "spirit of sport" ... nice lecture, but I think its more in the spirit of child abuse.
Quote:
how would messi be shit if he wasnt adminstred GH. did u see the vids of him as a child its posted in this thread, the kid had talent and has lots of it.
This is a bull argument. I was a killer footballer when I was young. Also, his opponents that day would have grown while he wouldn't have. GH helped his football career ... FACT.

Quote:
and where is the hypocrisy.once again dude he was a child 11 years old, he had a medical condition, he wouldnt have grown properly if he wasnt adminstred GH because it most def would have impaired his growth, he wasnt given an advantage,he wasnt giving it just for fun, he had a medical condition, do u seriously think his parents took him to barcelona so that he could play football, they took him so he could get the best medical service they could get so that he could properly develop and not have complications later on in life.he was giving the drug so he could be normal and have a normal life.
This is a more reasonable explanation of what took place. He was a talented kid, but without the medication (GH) would've been no where close to being a professional footballer. Barca stepped in as his supplier ( ) and saved the day!

My point wasn't whether that was right or wrong. My point was whether an older established footballer taking sibutramine would be considered as doping while accepting a player who used GH as a kid. You see, maybe Mutu taking sibutramine affected his performances ON THE PITCH ... but certainly not as much as Messi using GH. THATS MY POINT.


Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 03:51   #103
GreatKalu
I still believe!
 
GreatKalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akewander View Post
i had that feeling while writing it., hopefully he can see the diff now.
Hmmm ... so we should accept an age discrimination? A medical condition discrimination? Oh fail fairness ...


Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 04:21   #104
akewander
AC Milan Icon
 
akewander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Fav. Players: Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot View Post
I'm sorry ... but how does increasing one's "stimulation of growth" not affect their performances? Its all well and good if you claim it doesn't, but please post a link or resource to us less educated on the subject. Otherwise, common sense makes you think Messi would have been a little whimp without GH.


That is according to the law which I said was hypocritical to begin with. Again, you didn't answer me ... do you think a child taking HG under Barca Almighty's watch would have less of an effect on the child's performances on the pitch than a 31 year old taking sibutramine? That's what I've talked about from the start ... a hypocrisy in judging what medication is acceptable and what is not.

Hmmm ... but I guess Barca injecting teens and pre-teens with substances is clearly in the "spirit of sport" ... nice lecture, but I think its more in the spirit of child abuse.
This is a bull argument. I was a killer footballer when I was young. Also, his opponents that day would have grown while he wouldn't have. GH helped his football career ... FACT.

This is a more reasonable explanation of what took place. He was a talented kid, but without the medication (GH) would've been no where close to being a professional footballer. Barca stepped in as his supplier ( ) and saved the day!

My point wasn't whether that was right or wrong. My point was whether an older established footballer taking sibutramine would be considered as doping while accepting a player who used GH as a kid. You see, maybe Mutu taking sibutramine affected his performances ON THE PITCH ... but certainly not as much as Messi using GH. THATS MY POINT.
because it doesnt increase his skill,ive said this loads of time, it doesnt increase his skill, be it how to bat, how to dribble how to anything it doesnt increae his skill, it only increases muscle defintion which means he could grow the same amount of muscle a normal 11 year old kid would.
im not going to root through textbooks and pick refrences for u u can google it if u dont believe me.here is one link i could find
http://journals.lww.com/cjsportsmed/...thletic.9.aspx

here is another one
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/72361.php

like i said before the research that has been done would suggest that it has no effect on enhancing performance

again he wasnt giving it so that he could have an advatage, he was givibng it because he was sick, he had a medical condition, he was giving it so that he would be at par with the normal growth rate of his age group.

there is no hypocrisy in judging what medication is acceptable and what is not, any type of drug use in football or any othet sport is banned.

where is ur evidence that barca injected teens just for the fun of it, and like i said GH does not enhance performance.

so u think having a fully healthy athlete against a sick one is fair, that is just stupid and not fair.

mutu took drugs either for 1 recreational use, to get a kick, or 2 beleving it would enhance his performance which according to the wada is clearly contradictory to the spirit of sport


Signature
Winter Is Coming

Last edited by akewander; 24-03-2010 at 04:24.
akewander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 04:32   #105
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon
 
Calum1903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Default

This argument is ugly. I wonder how long I can stay out of it.
Calum1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 07:11   #106
Wet Ones
Απορροφάμε
 
Wet Ones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Rif Mountains
Fav. Players: Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum1903 View Post
This argument is ugly. I wonder how long I can stay out of it.
I would like to hear your opinion.

Seriously.
Wet Ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 12:29   #107
Madridista
not exactly a lightweight
 
Madridista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco, Jese
Default

Messi isn't an elite player because of his skill, there are hundreds of guys in the world who have incredible skill but can't go near pro football because they do not fit the bill in the physical aspect.


Signature

#ForeverMario
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 14:19   #108
Redman10
AC Milan Icon
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Messi is fantastic player and based on this season I would say he is the best in the world but I still think C. Ronaldo is the better player. He just has way more to his arsenal. As for the best player in history argument I have been hearing lately, that is just overrating Messi. Ronaldinho before the World Cup in 06 was getting similar hype and he flop hard. I could see a Ronaldinho WC06' for Messi in WC10'.
Redman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 16:03   #109
akewander
AC Milan Icon
 
akewander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Fav. Players: Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridista View Post
Messi isn't an elite player because of his skill, there are hundreds of guys in the world who have incredible skill but can't go near pro football because they do not fit the bill in the physical aspect.
bullshit, thats what a gym is for.of all the professional footballers in the world, not one comes even close to how messi can control and have it its almost glued to his foot.
i just cant believe the amount of crap being thrown at him, he is the nearest thing we have seen to maradona.and all he is missing is a worldcup.

name one person who has the same level of skill but didnt make it due to physical aspect, there isnt any.

i hate barca,never liked them, but making up excuses and to deny it ha, atleast i give credit where its due.

and i have the upmost respect for him, he even said to the press after all the praise and comparisons thrown at him that he isnt a legend, and that one needs a worldcup to become a legend.


Signature
Winter Is Coming

Last edited by akewander; 24-03-2010 at 16:16.
akewander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 16:12   #110
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.
Default

akewander, you're wasting your time hater will always hate. But I like your arguments.


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 16:27   #111
akewander
AC Milan Icon
 
akewander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Fav. Players: Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
akewander, you're wasting your time hater will always hate. But I like your arguments.
ashish said the same thing last night. i guess ur right haterz will always hate


Signature
Winter Is Coming
akewander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 16:41   #112
Madridista
not exactly a lightweight
 
Madridista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco, Jese
Default

If it was that easy, every freestyler in the world would have simply gone to the gym and become a world beater. It doesn't work that way, just as skill is a gift so is physical ability partly and Messi quite simply cheated his way to becoming fast strong and agile due to the drugs he was given (aka not the natural way).

Anyway I don't really care about that. If the responsible authorities let him off the hook thats all on the subject so I'm not gonna go all don quijote on the establishment like freedom fighter madtherchot. However Messi is one dimensional (hence one trick pony) and he is only great only for Barca and only as a RW. Maradona could do much more with the ball than just doing the cut to the left thingy and like all the real legends he proved himself in more than one club in different of the toughest leagues and also on the highest level in national color. So far Messi is a one club wonder just like Henry was for Arsenal, who if played on a different position than RW in a different formation is a lot worse, as proven for Argentina where he has been average time and time again. And please don't give me the argument that Cristiano has also been poor for Portugal because Argentina and Portugal are two VERY different sides in terms of quality of their respective teammates.


Signature

#ForeverMario

Last edited by Madridista; 24-03-2010 at 16:43.
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 16:43   #113
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.
Default

messi >>>>>>>>>> real merda


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 16:45   #114
Madridista
not exactly a lightweight
 
Madridista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco, Jese
Default



Signature

#ForeverMario
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 16:56   #115
akewander
AC Milan Icon
 
akewander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Fav. Players: Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridista View Post
If it was that easy, every freestyler in the world would have simply gone to the gym and become a world beater. It doesn't work that way, just as skill is a gift so is physical ability partly and Messi quite simply cheated his way to becoming fast strong and agile due to the drugs he was given (aka not the natural way).

Anyway I don't really care about that. If the responsible authorities let him off the hook thats all on the subject so I'm not gonna go all don quijote on the establishment like freedom fighter madtherchot. However Messi is one dimensional (hence one trick pony) and he is only great only for Barca and only as a RW. Maradona could do much more with the ball than just doing the cut to the left thingy and like all the real legends he proved himself in more than one club in different of the toughest leagues and also on the highest level in national color. So far Messi is a one club wonder just like Henry was for Arsenal, who if played on a different position than RW in a different formation is a lot worse, as proven for Argentina where he has been average time and time again. And please don't give me the argument that Cristiano has also been poor for Portugal because Argentina and Portugal are two VERY different sides in terms of quality of their respective teammates.
being the worlds best freestyler wouldnt guarntee that you could get past opponents.

once again for the 100 mill time GH does not enhanse ur performance, if u had read the links i had given in my earliear post u would know that by now.

once again the guy had a medical condition, his growth rate was below normal for his group age, he needed medicine to get him to grow at the same rate as his group age, how u think that gave him any sort of an advantage is beyond me, all it did was make him grow or at least try to make him grow as the same rate as his group age would normally grow

its amazing though how he can get past the whole defence using his one trick though isnt it, not even ronaldinho the most skilled player this world has ever seen could do it with all the tricks he possesed at the quantity that messi does it and he is only 22.

so ur saying maldini isnt a legend, beacuse he never left milan,totti isnt because he never left roma, del peiro isnt because he never left juve???

bullshit!!! cristiano has beeing poor for his country just as messi has being poor for argentina and its a valid point, and in terms of quality i dont think there is much diff, they are both not great sides.

and u can think whatever u want to think, the rest of the world/ most of it anyway says messi is the best player this in the world this year and was last , saying he is with maradona , pele, zidane, ronaldo(real ronaldo) is farfetched, but he is 22 and if he can stay injury free, he can be be grouped with them if he can lift the worldcup.


Signature
Winter Is Coming

Last edited by akewander; 24-03-2010 at 17:00.
akewander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 17:15   #116
Ashish
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
messi >>>>>>>>>> real merda

+19743095804354395


growht hormone or cocaine>>> printing currency

relational algebra FTW

Last edited by Ashish; 24-03-2010 at 17:18.
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 17:26   #117
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti
Default

Some people remind me how that Celtic tard had an argument like Celtic is the greatest club in the wolrd. Keep it up.


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 19:04   #118
Wild
*Rejuvenation*
 
Wild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lebanon-Beirut
Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Ones View Post
No he wasn't. But he won a mediocre Argentina the WC, almost single handedly. He also won the Serie A with a certain team called Napoli. Have a look at what they managed before and after him. This was also the league that boasted the best defenders in the world.
So Messi end up his career with 5 CLs - 10 league title - 1 WC then still he will b less than Maradona simply coz the latter did couple of titles on his own (as claimed) ?
Comparing + wanting every player to do a Maradona is simply naive.
For me Zidane > Maradona even if he didnt singly (as claimed) won a cup.
Messi is still young & already won many things regarldess if he did it alone or playing a big part of a big team , fact remain he won a lot & if he continue winning till the end of his career then he deserve to be among the greats.
The same goes for CR.

Playing a big part in winning 10+ big trophies > singly (as claimed) winning 2 big trophies.

PS : the drugs argument is ******ed.
Ppl behind the keyboard know more than Real madrid or other spanish team fans who dont away praise from Messi.


Signature

Last edited by Wild; 24-03-2010 at 19:17.
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 19:23   #119
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Default

I don't think Wet ones is wrong in not proclaiming Messi YET. It's not just that he's been poor for Argentina. He's been downright average/bad. To point I wonder if they r better off with Tevez and say Higuain or milito in over him. It's a shame they don't have a PROPER COACH cause that team should go to atleast world cup semis....


But hey he's only 22 (ridiculous) and has time to change it. Like said, zidane won a wc at 26? Maradonna was what... 26 also????


for me 2014 will be VERY interesting cause argentina's generation who r 20-25 is very strong. Won olympics, and youth world cups in 2007. In 2014 they will be 25-30 age range which is players prime. Guys like Banega, Aguero, Di Maria will be 26... higauin, messi 25.... and macherano/tevez at the rip age of 29/30.....

But it's in Brazil and the thought of them losing at home is insane. The pressure will be crazy. A certain duck should be star of Brazil NT then....


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 19:31   #120
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G
 
crazy4milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Costa Rica
Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Default

Uhm, Messi was already average/bad under Basile (I clearly remember a game vs Peru were Vargas, not a defender, owned him all 90 minutes). In fact he is so bad with Argentina that even if football is the king of sports for them, and an argie winning the Ballon D'Or, CL, Fifa WP, etc, should no matter what be recognize as the sports figure of the country in the year, they gave that recognition to Del Potro.

His position isn't exactly one that will move the strings of the team, that will make a team champs just because of his presence, for Barcelona he is important right now cause he is scoring the goals, but play make and all, they can go on without him. And Argentina right now doesn't have a playmaker, and Messi needs those playmakers to make his typical runs + dribbles (oh yes, that said most of the NTs Argentina has faced, don't give the huge spaces that they usually leave for Messi to run with the ball which is when he becomes highly dangerous).

Last edited by crazy4milan; 24-03-2010 at 19:35.
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:06.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.