Official: Zlatan Ibrahimović Thread II

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
bro, don't be an idiot, henry was amazing.

henry and sheva are on the same tier, the one right below ronaldo.

btw..he was most definitely faster than sheva :tongue:

well interfanatic certainly doesnt think their on the same tier.

me being an idiot? i'm just disputing her sweeping claims of superiority at ALL aspects oil boy :rolleyes:

tell me: is henry's ballon d'or shinier than sheva's?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
i don't know bb gun boy, cannavaro won a ballon d'or, nesta and maldini shit on him.

interfantic is butt hurt because sheva pissed on his team, no need to argue :o

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
ohhh ur so right, my pussy iching

iching?

your pussy itching?

is this good or bad?

@sage TRUE! their CL trophies are shinier than canna's ballon d'or

Interfanatic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
he was certainly not more strong. Henry had trouble against deep defenses his whole career. He tried to break on countersa, which that arsenal team was phenomenal at.

Sheva, could go eitherway

Sheva is the type of player who had a good game if he scored. Therefore if he didn't score, it's presumed he had a poor or average game, or handled by whatever defence.

Henry, Ibra, Ronaldo and also Messi and Ronaldinho are the type of players you say things like: Ok so he scored, but he was poor/did nothing for the rest of the game. I.e they are expected to dominate, from every aspect, and obviously that's much harder to do when up against a compact, deep lying, physical defence.

and better with back to goal or on free kicks? Cmon man. You are kidding.

Let's see Sheva's best freekicks. Here's Henry's.

by the way, if ibra's so complete, why doesn't he play well off ball? To me that's what seperates sheva from him. Ability to effectively play every forward position imagineable. Ibra needs the ball.

So what are you saying...Ibra is not complete?:lol: I don't want to be rude but this is coming from the guy who thinks Shevchenko had better technique than Ibrahimovic. Saying stuff like that makes me wonder if you have ever played football to be honest.

But ok, that's an ad hominem and quite irrelevant. I hope you don't take offence.

I actually think the same way, apart from Ibra being much more talented, what seperates them is the ability to play in different positions, and systems at a worldclass level.

Ibra can play CF, SS, playmaker, as a prima punta, in longballs systems, in counter attacking systems and so on at a level few in the World can match. You may claim he doesn't play well off the ball, but fact of the matter is he does. He just doesn't excel at it, nor does such a simplistic role do him any justice.

I would say Ibra is miles better at moving off the ball, than Sheva ever was at creating chances and playmaking. Most recent example is at Barcelona: first season, new country, club, language and still a very respectable 22 goals and 12 assists in 42matches, most of the goals were poacher's goals, or goals that came from playing off the shoulder of the last defender.

Clearly that's proof enough that he can play that style, at a very high level. Problem is, that's not what's expected from a player like Ibrahimovic, and certainly not from a 65 million signing. Players like him need to dazzle, dominate, and show moments of true brilliance consistently. That's very difficult to do if all you're expected to do is make runs, and make space for the false nine behind you.

On the other hand, imagine giving Sheva a trequartista role, in which he's expected to create chances for his teammates, and control the offence by himself. It would be a dizaster. He simply wouldn't be able to do it, to any sort of decent standard.

Why doesn't Ibra play more off the shoulder of the last defender? Probably because he gets bored of not touching the ball in 30 minutes, and in most cases his team needs him to drop deeper in order to win the match, or score a goal. That doesn't mean he can't do it.

He played like that at Ajax, at Barca, occasionaly at Juve, and for a large part in his third season at Inter.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
inter said:
I would say Ibra is miles better at moving off the ball, than Sheva ever was at creating chances and playmaking.

:lol:

i mean..what can you say to this :lol: :lol: :lol:

Interfanatic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
:lol:

i mean..what can you say to this :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys must live in some sort of warped reality where Sheva was actually known for his passing ability. Oh and btw, the derby goals, 90% had box striker written all over them. And with that I rest my case. :D

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
u know whatt, patetic:o

+1

thats the word i was looking for.

pathetic to say that...obviously she didnt watch sheva play besides when he was playing inter....when all he did was score ALL THE TIME

shevchenko evolved in his later years to being a SUPERB playmaker and assist maker...SUBLIME. yes, he still kept his knack for making perfectly timed runs...yes, he still would regularly score prolifically. (4 fenerbahce CL happend round this time period)

i love ibra but i'm also waiting to see him EVOLVE into more of an off the ball striker..kinda like the opposite of sheva's evolution. maybe it'll happen in ligue uhn!

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
hahaha robinho is full of technique... while kaka is close to none technique.
is a matter of style..

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
another thing-----i wasnt even talking about sheva playing as a PURE RF during his early years either.

so fucking versatile shevchenko...what a fucking player...

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
+1

pathetic to say that...obviously she didnt watch sheva play besides when he was playing inter....when all he did was score ALL THE TIME

shevchenko evolved in his later years to being a SUPERB playmaker and assist maker...SUBLIME. yes, he still kept his knack for making perfectly timed runs...yes, he still would regularly score prolifically. (4 fenerbahce CL happend round this time period)

i love ibra but i'm also waiting to see him EVOLVE into more of an off the ball striker..kinda like the opposite of sheva's evolution. maybe it'll happen in ligue uhn!

ibra will make ppl forgot about napoleon over there.
is full of teams with low level defenses.. bandsports used to show france football on tv.. and im ashemed of saying that i never handle watch a game untill the end.

i doubt if he and thiago will have motivation to stay more than 1 season in ligue humm!

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
+1

I actually thinks the complete opposite

At kiev sheva considered himself a winger/playmaker. He played deeper. And he evolved more and more game off the ball at milan because that's what milan needed

He didn't go to coach of most talented playmakers in world and say "I'm a ferrari you're driving me like a fiat" :lol::lol:

And while playing the more orthodox forward role for milan as time went on he still scored screamers only zlatan can dream of. Kind of like how he dribbled opposing midfield/defense from wing and blasts it opposite upper v left or right footed.

Technically zlatan doesn't touch him. He loses so much more posession than sheva did. Sheva just kept it simplier. Give me that anyway. His ball control was really only surpassed by ronaldo. Henry would be similar except he wasn't as strong

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I actually thinks the complete opposite

At kiev sheva considered himself a winger/playmaker. He played deeper. And he evolved more and more game off the ball at milan because that's what milan needed

He didn't go to coach of most talented playmakers in world and say "I'm a ferrari you're driving me like a fiat" :lol::lol:

And while playing the more orthodox forward role for milan as time went on he still scored screamers only zlatan can dream of. Kind of like how he dribbled opposing midfield/defense from wing and blasts it opposite upper v left or right footed.

Technically zlatan doesn't touch him. He loses so much more posession than sheva did. Sheva just kept it simplier. Give me that anyway. His ball control was really only surpassed by ronaldo. Henry would be similar except he wasn't as strong

+1 i agree

see my previous post

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
capello is right.. ibra used to have everything to be on top.. but got owned by himself.

i hope balotelli dont take the same way.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
australiano, you seem to really hate ibra. :lol:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
capello is right.. ibra used to have everything to be on top.. but got owned by himself.

I couldn't agree more. Reminds me of riquelme.

Great player in his time. Not transcendent because of no reason but his own head

And I personally love riquelme

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan

The penis envy here is getting tiresome.

I think Balotelli is too lazy and unfocused to become one of the best.
Talent takes you half way, the rest is hard work.
He's more a Cassano personality enjoying, things off the pitch a bit too much.
I hope I'm wrong though. Would love to see him take over as the world's No.1 in 3-4 years when Ibra slows down. :thumbsup:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Interfan, can Ibra play as a winger or a poacher? ;)

a Balo - Zlatan playstyle comparison would be much more interesting than this Sheva-Ibra penis comparison (of which Sheva is the clear winner).

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sweden-Brazil (Zlatan-Thiago Silva) meet in a friendly in Stockholm on August 15.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fabio Cannavaro:

Fabio Cannavaro, how do you see the new league season without Lavezzi Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva?

"As an Italian, I think it's a pity that our football is continuing to lose the most precious pieces. Lavezzi and Thiago are two phenomena, but the heaviest it is goodbye to Ibrahimovic. Ibra is Ibra, I've played together with him: he can singel handedly shift the balances between teams. "

http://www.tuttonapoli.net/?action=read&idnotizia=107559

il est temps pour une nouvelle aventure ... une aventure française ... une aventure de fourrage ....

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
il est temps pour une nouvelle aventure ... une aventure française ... une aventure de fourrage ....

Oh, Fleurs Pourpres, partir, c'est mourir un peu. Je comprends. :(

Interfanatic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fabio Cannavaro:

Fabio Cannavaro, how do you see the new league season without Lavezzi Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva?

"As an Italian, I think it's a pity that our football is continuing to lose the most precious pieces. Lavezzi and Thiago are two phenomena, but the heaviest it is goodbye to Ibrahimovic. Ibra is Ibra, I've played together with him: he can singel handedly shift the balances between teams. "

http://www.tuttonapoli.net/?action=read&idnotizia=107559

All you need to know about Ibra really.:thumbsup: It's what truly sets him apart from other players.

Schedule