Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dil dil

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
Happy bithday Gattuso

Today Jan 9 is Gattuso birthday so I want to tell him (Although he never reads this forum)

Happy birthday Gattuso and many many good returns. I wish all best for you
I wish you happy life with your wife and little doughter. You are one of my
best Milan player . wish you acheive all your goals as player as well as person

By the way for Gattuso birthday I donate $33 to charty

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Rino! Hope you run all over Bayerns midfield in the Champs League! :D

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
menon_inc said:
Happy Birthday Rino! Hope you run all over Bayerns midfield in the Champs League! :D

Lol! Iam with u there :D

Happy b'day, future captain, may ur legendary passion grow hundredfold! :D

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Does Gattuso's name in Italian means "dog" ???

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yuchen Li said:
Does Gattuso's name in Italian means "dog" ???
What? His full name is Ivan Gennaro Gattuso and a "dog" in Italian would be "cane".

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
milanist said:
What? His full name is Ivan Gennaro Gattuso and a "dog" in Italian would be "cane".
Really ???? But when i read some Chinese news, the reporter said in Italy some fans called Gattuso "Dog" because his name in Italian means "Dog". :cool:
By the way, i had read some news that in 1997-1998, Gattuso played in Scotland, and he had 7 goal in 36 games, that means he can goal in average 5 games. This is very good for a Middle. But I am very strange is that I think Gattuso's shoot is very weak. How did he scored 7 times in the season in Scotland ?????? :conf:

Last edited:

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Yuchen Li said:
Really ???? But when i read some Chinese news, the reporter said in Italy some fans called Gattuso "Dog" because his name in Italian means "Dog". :cool:
By the way, i had read some news that in 1996-1997, Gattuso played in Scotland, and he had 7 goal in 36 games, that means he can goal in average 5 games. This is very good for a Middle. But I am very strange is that I think Gattuso's shoot is very weak. How did he scored 7 times in the season in Scotland ?????? :conf:
Nope, he scored 3 goals in 34 appearences for Rangers. Though most of that time he was a Right Back, so 3 goals is a respectful tally I suppose.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
GENNARO IVAN GATTUSO

http://media2.acmilan.com/200508/2140_big.jpg?ver=1PERSONAL DETAILSPositionMidfielderDate and place of birth9.1.1978 Corigliano Calabro (Cosenza)Height177 cmWeight77 Kg

CARREERDEBUTSerie A​
With AC Milan
International Cups
With AC Milan
Italian Cup

League Supercup
22.12.1996 Bologna-Perugia 0-0

18.9.1999 Bari-Milan 1-1
22.7.1998 Shelbourne-Glasgow R. 3-5
15.9.1999 Chelsea-Milan 0-0
25.1.2000 Inter-Milan 1-1
3.8.2003 Juventus-Milan 1-1

STATSLEAGUEITALIAN
CUPEUROPEAN
CUPSEUR./S.A.
CUPLEAGUE
SUPERCUPEUROPEAN

SUPERCUPSeasonTeamLeague

1994/95PerugiaA ---- --------

1995/96PerugiaB 2-----------

1996/97PerugiaA 8-----------

1997/98Glasgow R.A36,7----------

1998/99Glasgow R.A 4---5,1------oct.

1999SalernitanaA25-----------

1999/00MilanA22,1-------1-5-------

2000/01A24,2- 10-------

2001/02MilanA32--------5------10-------

2002/03MilanA25-------3-----14-------

2003/04MilanA33,1----2---7---11-1-1-

2004/05MilanA32------2---11---1---Season 2005/2006

PERSONAL PRIZE RECORD WITH AC MILAN1 League Title
1 European Champion Club's Cup
1 European Supercup
1 Italian Supercup
1 League Supercup

1997/98Glasgow R.A36,7, he had 7 goal !!!!;)

Last edited:

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Yuchen Li said:
1997/98Glasgow R.A36,7, he had 7 goal !!!!;)
That must be overall goals, I was refering to the SPL. I wouldn't include the Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup if I were you, lets just say it doesn't take a great deal of talent to score in them.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lo Tsar said:
That must be overall goals, I was refering to the SPL. I wouldn't include the Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup if I were you, lets just say it doesn't take a great deal of talent to score in them.
I see. Gattuso looks very strong and powerful, but his shoot doesn't have enough power. :head: By the way, i think the wonderful goal that he made when Milan play against Palerma contains lucky. If someone asks Gattuso do it again, i think he has little chance to do it.
I hope Gattuso's shoot will improve .;)

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]United renew Gattuso interest[/font]
Wednesday 18 January, 2006

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Manchester United have renewed their interest in Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso, according to reports in Italy.

Having given up on Bayern Munich’s Michael Ballack, it seems that the Red Devils – whose chief executive David Gill has been spotted in Milan recently – have identified Gattuso as the ideal replacement for Roy Keane, who left for Celtic recently.

Sir Alex Ferguson is a great admirer of the combative midfielder and the 28-year-old has also made no secret of his desire to one day move to Old Trafford.

"My dream is to play for Manchester United," he told the Daily Mail, after United first showed an interest in him last year. "They are a side that have always interested me. I’d love to try a new experience, maybe in two or three years time…"

Gattuso has since said that he would like to stay at Milan for life and that he has had "a couple of chats" with the club’s Vice-President Adriano Galliani to that effect.

But Rino has also suggested in the past that it is unhealthy to stay in any one place for too long and Milan’s latest title blow will have done little to kill his wanderlust.

"The way I see it, a player should change clubs every two or three years mainly for motivational reasons," he said while training with the national team last year. "That is why in the last few days I have thought about leaving Milan."

If United are serious about recruiting the Italy international in the summer, an imminent offer would certainly turn the player’s head.

Gattuso wants to avenge the disaster of Istanbul by winning the Champions League this season with Milan but a return to Britain - where he first made his name with Rangers - after this season could well suit the fiery ball-winner.

"The way I play is more suited to across the channel," he declared at Coverciano in 2005. "That’s where I will return.

"The game in Italy is too technical for me," he continued. "My characteristics are more cut-and-thrust, more British."

Some reports on Wednesday suggest that United could offer Ruud Van Nistelrooy as part of the deal to sign Gattuso.[/font]

It's about time he made up his mind

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
Galliani must keep Gattuso couse he play for milan with heart ;)

Forza Gattuso
Forza Milan

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If Rino leaves, its gonna be very hard to replace him. I just can't seem to find a suitable replacement for such a fine ball-winner.

Maybe he's feeling he's not being given his due at Milan, and a move to Man U, though it'd essentially mean taking a step backwards in his career, has reasons to appeal to him, especially given the dire straits United are in and the ever-exagerrational English media. If he's flirting with Man U, he should make up his mind soon and let us know about it.

But a move involving Van Nistelrooy, though it appears ridiculous, doesn't appeal to me. I have great respect for the man, make no mistake, but at 29, he's a tad too old to come to Milan, especially when we already have a surplus of 30 + strikers here.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Italian Tsar said:
If Rino leaves, its gonna be very hard to replace him. I just can't seem to find a suitable replacement for such a fine ball-winner.

Maybe he's feeling he's not being given his due at Milan, and a move to Man U, though it'd essentially mean taking a step backwards in his career, has reasons to appeal to him, especially given the dire straits United are in and the ever-exagerrational English media. If he's flirting with Man U, he should make up his mind soon and let us know about it.

But a move involving Van Nistelrooy, though it appears ridiculous, doesn't appeal to me. I have great respect for the man, make no mistake, but at 29, he's a tad too old to come to Milan, especially when we already have a surplus of 30 + strikers here.

Yeah Rino is important and still has a part to play in the team. This are probably press speculation because United have said they have identified a target but his team is currently playing in the champs league and is not available till summer. I think their is probably Diarra of Lyon. I doubt that they would include Ruud in the deal because he is their current top scorer with about 16 goals this season and is back on fire after all the injury probes he had last season. They might however include Ronaldo in the deal because from what i heard he has some probes and has been linked with a summer move away from the club. Its all speculations!

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think if we have an attack RB, we will find how important that Gattuso for Milan.
For example, in 2003-2004, Cafu is the RB and Gattuso is the RM. Because of Gattuso's defense, Cafu can attack and pass a lot of good balls. In this season, Ancelotti arrange Stam as a RB. So some people think Gattuso is a little useless for us.
If Gattuso can improve his shoot, he will more perfect !
Why he lookes very strong but his shoot power is weak ???

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Rino, Nesta
Yuchen Li said:
I think if we have an attack RB, we will find how important that Gattuso for Milan.
For example, in 2003-2004, Cafu is the RB and Gattuso is the RM. Because of Gattuso's defense, Cafu can attack and pass a lot of good balls. In this season, Ancelotti arrange Stam as a RB. So some people think Gattuso is a little useless for us.
Define "shoot power." He's not a striker.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lechiara said:
Define "shoot power." He's not a striker.
I don't know how to explain it but i can give you some examples. For example, Batisituta, Robert Carlos, Seedorf..... their "shoot power" is vrey large and strong.
But Gattuso's "shoot power" is very weak.
I think you can understand what do i mean. Can you tell me i should use what word instead of "shoot power" ??:conf:

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Yuchen Li said:
It's not weak all the time. Sometimes he shoots powerfully. It's the accuracy which he misses most.

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
He is my favourite player in Milan.
I hope he will stay in Milan until he retires.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
In fact, Gattuso is very kind and gent although he looks very rude.;)

I had read a story about Gattuso, when he was young, he had a girlfriend and her father had a resturant. Her father like Gattuso and told Gattuso he can come to the resturant had meal free, so Gattuso always went to the resturant and ate a lot of beef. Today, the girl became Gattuso's wife.

We should thanks Gattuso's wife's father, if he didn't allow Gattuso always eat the beef free, i think Gattuso cannot as strong as today !:D

Last edited:
Reaction score
snn said:

Yeah me too.. he's also my favourite player..

Every team needs a man like gattuso on their team. one who fights 100 % every mach. One who "dare" to get a yellow card when needed.
I think he's the best player in the world with these qualifications, besides that he's surprisingly safe with the ball..

players who come close:

Ambrosini
Christian Poulsen (s04) (ouch)
viera

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Junior said:
players who come close:

Ambrosini
Christian Poulsen (s04) (ouch)
viera
No way. There's a difference between being passionately aggressive and being a thug.

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
snn said:

gattuso is my favourite player too,and one of the best players in the world

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If Rino goes, i'd love to have Scott Parker with us here.

He's from..yeah, u guessed it - Newcastle, but b4 calling me biased, u've got to know 'bout the fellow.

He's hard-working, wears his heart on his sleeve,and always gives 101%. He can also tackle - maybe not as hard as Rino (common, now, there's nobody who does it better than him, r they? :tongue: )-but just as effective. In the match against Arsenal this season, he played on despite broking his jaw, b4 being substituted after 70 gritty minutes and he recieved a standing ovation from the Geordies.

i hope Rino stays, but if he does move on, Parker's the man, IMO.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Italian Tsar said:
If Rino goes, i'd love to have Scott Parker with us here.

He's from..yeah, u guessed it - Newcastle, but b4 calling me biased, u've got to know 'bout the fellow.

He's hard-working, wears his heart on his sleeve,and always gives 101%. He can also tackle - maybe not as hard as Rino (common, now, there's nobody who does it better than him, r they? :tongue: )-but just as effective. In the match against Arsenal this season, he played on despite broking his jaw, b4 being substituted after 70 gritty minutes and he recieved a standing ovation from the Geordies.

i hope Rino stays, but if he does move on, Parker's the man, IMO.
I don't think Milan will sell him to Man U. I don't think he wants to go to Man U. I think he will retire in Milan in the future.

By the way, what is Tsar ??? I can't find it in dictionary. Do you know Lo Tsar ??? Does he is your friend ???:conf:

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yuchen Li said:
By the way, what is Tsar ??? I can't find it in dictionary. Do you know Lo Tsar ??? Does he is your friend ???:conf:

Tsars were for Russia what Kings are for England. They ruled Russia till 1917, when the Russian Revolution, headed by a certain Nikolai Lenin, overthrew the Tsars, assassinated every family member, and took over Russia. Then started Communism :)

I took Tsar 'cause i liked the sound of the name, that's why. I do know Lo Tsar - quite familiar- and he's neither my friend nor my enemy :)

Kaka_22

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
Read this article, guys...hope that it's just a rumor and Gattuso is professional enuff not to let the animosity between him and Poulsen drove him away from Milan.... Honestly, I'm really worried here, it could just be true....(sigh) can't imagine Milan without Gattuso and Pirlo....:head:

==========================================
AC Milan doubts for Man Utd target Gattuso
tribalfootball.com - February 24, 2006
spacer.gif

Manchester United have been alerted to Rino Gattuso's unhappiness at AC Milan.

While the Italy international insists he's settled at the San Siro, it's emerged today that he is far from happy with the club's pursuit of Schalke 04 midfielder Christian Poulsen.

Gattuso and the Dane had a running battle this season in the Champions League and Milan's bid to land the Bundesliga star is seen as a slap in the face for the tough-tacking midfielder.

Gattuso has expressed an ambition to play in the Premiership and is much admired by United boss Sir Alex Ferguson. Along with Gattuso, Andrea Pirlo's position at Milan is also in doubt according to Italian press reports today.