Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
You can have all the pace in the world but if you don't have the technical ability to go with it you won't make it in Serie A. He could go to the premier league right now and have a decent career because you can get away with having nothing but pace, but it's not like that in Italy.

We all know he'll never be anything better than a fringe player, i hope he improves but we can do 100x better.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
MILANELLO - The training has just ended, Ignazio Abate smiles but recriminates, in the final training game his team lost, due to a decisive goal by Leonardo, who played in the opponent's team and also for some offsides which were not seen, he said. Not important, because if Ignazio has to recriminate, it is mostly due to the match against Lazio and on the missed opportunity:

"A real pity, I was with my back to the goal and in precarious balance, I saw all the opponents arrive and I hit the ball badly." However, this stop does not worry him: "There are three teams in three points," said Ignazio to Milan Channel, "They're not a lot and webelieve. We must arrive to May without regrets, during this season we have done well and against any prediction, but now it's clear that we don't want to feel satisfied, te objective is the top spot. Our season did not start in the best way, we have searched for the condition and tactical setup with great intensity, the results arrived and then there was a dip, which was physiological I think. However, now we are at a critical point of the season and we have the possibility of managing these seven weeks at our best. We could prepare one game at a week, something which Inter and Roma cannot do, we must remain behind them to put pressure and see what happens." The race on Milan resumes on Cagliari, against an opponent, the Sardinian one, which Ignazio considers tough: "Cagliari have reached their minimum objective, it's a team which does not have pressure on and it's also young and with a lot of run. Also, they are well organized from the tactical point of view, it will not be easy." One last thought goes to the Champions League, Manchester lost against Bayern, some regrets? "More than anything for the first leg game against Manchester, in the first phase of the game we could have scored more..."

acmilan.com

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
kids have nice mic skills but not so great in football, come abate you need to put your head down and defend properly

fiume_1987

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Desailly, Redondo, Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Maldini, Pato, T. Silva
Abate's seasonal objective, which he is yet to achieve, is to make a decent cross. Hell, even d'Oddo did it couple of times, so yes - you can, Ignazio!

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
kids have nice mic skills but not so great in football, come abate you need to put your head down and defend properly

he actually defends better than Bayern's LB against Nani :o:D

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Its a real pity you've failed to grasp the concept of crossing :rolleyes:

Yet he was one of the best crossers in the league with Torino. Kind of like Oddo was good at crossing wth Lazio.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
do you guys think its possible to sell him to a mid table premiership side for 6 to 10 mil euros? That'd be some good cash

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Abate is a squad player nothing more.
He remainds of the position in Milan Amrosini, Gatusso used to have.
Every good team has players like that, they aren`t match winners but do hard work and good serivce for years:

Guti at real for example. It is just pitty we count on players like that to produce winning results.

I hope Abate stays as long as possible and do a decent cover for 20+games a year.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Abate is a squad player nothing more.
He remainds of the position in Milan Amrosini, Gatusso used to have.
Every good team has players like that, they aren`t match winners but do hard work and good serivce for years:

Guti at real for example. It is just pitty we count on players like that to produce winning results.

I hope Abate stays as long as possible and do a decent cover for 20+games a year.

I agree with everything you said except for the Guti part.In his day he was actually a very good midfielder.

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I agree with everything you said except for the Guti part.In his day he was actually a very good midfielder.

Yeah, Guti was but right at the begining I remember him and ambrosini starting games and being subsituted at HF.

I don`t know if you remember Guti when he was starting was been talked about as a second Redondo.

He actually covered most positions besides GK for Real during his career. Even played as second striker few games. I alway thought of him in same category as Ambrosini at Milan that is what I meant.
You know - type of ok player with strong club identity playing constant good over years with different systems and coaches.

If we have 3 young guns like Abate I am happy

M

MassterMark

this year abate is learning to defend. it's not coincidence that he didnt go in attack and dribble so often.

maybe next year he will have permission to attack and than he will learn how to cross (but even now his crosses aren't bad. you folk just dont get that it that he doesnt cross so often, so from his thre crosses is one bad and you think that he cant cross...:head:)

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
this year abate is learning to defend. it's not coincidence that he didnt go in attack and dribble so often.

maybe next year he will have permission to attack and than he will learn how to cross (but even now his crosses aren't bad. you folk just dont get that it that he doesnt cross so often, so from his thre crosses is one bad and you think that he cant cross...:head:)

...i see abate cross on a regular basis. i also dont remember any of those crosses being any good. so, this kid cant dribble, nor can he cross. what useful skills does this kid possess that could help milan?

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
...i see abate cross on a regular basis. i also dont remember any of those crosses being any good. so, this kid cant dribble, nor can he cross. what useful skills does this kid possess that could help milan?

You should give that guy a break.

What Ambrosini can then:
- can`t dribble,
- can`t cross,
- can`t score on an open goal,
- shit positioning,
- when he was younger he basicaly didn`t do any impact on a game - we talking few yrs straight

But somehow I always felt very calm knowing that he has been there on a bench or playing in any of the positions constantly for those 10yrs man.

Ambrosini, Gattuso, Costacurta, Borrielo, Antonini - squad players man
Why people suddenly started expecting here that they will play like Ronaldihno?

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka

True, this year he had to play as FB, so he needed to get better at defending and he is good at it now. So it could be that he was more focused on getting better in the FB position and then forgot to make good crosses.
I don't think he lost everything, I'm sure he can still make good crosses, like he normally can do. He is not bad and still is young, so he has time to get better at everything. Something he has what we really need is his speed, his pace is great. I would be very happy if we had a squad full of players with a pace like his, too bad he now is only one of very few with speed in our current squad.

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo

What Ambrosini can then:
- can`t dribble,
- can`t cross,
- shit positioning,
- when he was younger he basicaly didn`t do any impact on a game - we talking few yrs straight

But somehow I always felt very calm knowing that he has been there on a bench or playing in any of the positions constantly for those 10yrs man.

Surely you didn't mean to include Costacurta....

But perhaps he (and Maldini... and maybe Leonardo) could do better than some of the other dinosaurs we have in our squad

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Surely you didn't mean to include Costacurta....

But perhaps he (and Maldini... and maybe Leonardo) could do better than some of the other dinosaurs we have in our squad

I meant in general from our history. Eranio, Donadoni too.

But you`re fuckin right man I am sure If Leonardo came on the pitch for the last 20min against Lazio we would have won that game ha.

I actually think that having Maldini back for last 15 games of this season would be an improvement too.

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

What Ambrosini can then:
- can`t dribble,
- can`t cross,
- shit positioning,

huh.gif

dude. srsly? fuck off
ban this fuck

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

What Ambrosini can then:
- can`t dribble,
- can`t cross,
- shit positioning,

pumpkin-barf.jpg

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
So wait, are you saying that you did in fact mean to include Costacurta in your list?

That's preposterous.

I am sorry to hurt your feelings here gentelman.
But in that set up.

Young Maldini - Costacurta- Baresi- Tasotti
Rossi

Yeah he was a squad player later he became same what you people trying to make of Ambrosini but he not Maldini in Milan books.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I am sorry to hurt your feelings here gentelman.
But in that set up.

Young Maldini - Costacurta- Baresi- Tasotti
Rossi

Yeah he was a squad player later he became same what you people trying to make of Ambrosini but he not Maldini in Milan books.

you are full of shit.

costacurta? squad player? the fuck is wrong with you?

worst n00b yet

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Costacurta was not a squad player! The man is a Milan legend, and was capped 59 times for Italy...

What are you basing this on? And did you really try to add Donadoni into that category as well???? Maybe in his second stint from 97-99 (post MLS), but not at the beginning of his career!!!!

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Costacurta was not a squad player! The man is a Milan legend, and was capped 59 times for Italy...

What are you basing this on? And did you really try to add Donadoni into that category as well???? Maybe in his second stint from 97-99 (post MLS), but not at the beginning of his career!!!!

People what is your definition of a squad player to you then?
Fuckin hole filler?

To me squad is a reliable player the team can count on constantly playing on same level, but no match winner or someone who can decide of the team performance - doesn`t mean can not be in history books, does it?

Example:

Van Basten and Rijkard - Rijkard squad player

Albertini and Donadoni - guess fucking who?

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Roy Keane was capped many times too - most time the lost tho

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wow

Well your definition of squad player is bizarre, but even following it, you are mistaken. Costacurta, Rijkaard, Donadoni were all world class players.

Who on our current team could even be put in the same category as them? Only Nesta. Those are not squad players, so it is ridiculous to demean the importance of those legends to the successes of past Milan teams.

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roy Keane was capped many times too - most time the lost tho

I do not understand this post at all. Roy Keane is one of the best box to box midfielders in the history of the game.

brush

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Neymar, Robinho
1) Pace isn't everything in soccer, otherwise we could just incorporate a track team to the squad and throw a ball between their feet, all the sudden we would have a squad of abate's...... wow doesn't that sound intense....

2) If Abate's crosses were half as similar to beckham's as his hair-do is, we would not be in 3rd place.

Schedule