The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.



View Poll Results: Who should be the new Milan captain
Alessio Romagnoli 17 89.47%
Giacomo Bonaventura 1 5.26%
Cristian Zapata 0 0%
Gonzalo Higuain 1 5.26%
Lucas Biglia 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2012, 20:16   #201
Fiero
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
Assuming we sign no one else :shudders:

I like this....
Agreed here. Basically what I said two days ago, except you switched Urby and Boateng's positions.
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 00:52   #202
Australiano1980
Star Wars VIII blows
 
Australiano1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BRASIL, PR
Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
Assuming we sign no one else :shudders:

I like this....


sort of a 4-3-3/4-3-2-1

Robinho LF/LAM.... Urby RF/RAM. Robinho has more lisense to go forward. Urby can cut in but slightly deeper.

Boateng in a sort of lampard role, pushing up, pressing, short passing, linking up w/ robinho.

Montolivo moves slightly left, and flamini for ffs drops back mostly..... creating a sort of false-double pivot. Kind of similar to what we did w/ mvb/gattuso.


Pazzo leading the line should push them to create space for a robi/boa/urby to move.


I think this has proven to be both robinho , pazzo and urby's best roles. Boateng, while not a true CM, this role would use his best tools, and pressing further will negate some of tactical reading a pure CM does..... if he gets better at pressing (he's ok) it'll lead to a lot of interception tackle opportunities for montolivo/flamini


and yes i purposely pointed luca's arrow to out of bounds.


would be a record of yellows and reds cards to boateng and flamini.


Signature
Australiano1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 22:40   #203
Rickaka
molto life
 
Rickaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf, Balotelli, Willems, Memphis Depay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
Assuming we sign no one else :shudders:

I like this....


sort of a 4-3-3/4-3-2-1

Robinho LF/LAM.... Urby RF/RAM. Robinho has more lisense to go forward. Urby can cut in but slightly deeper.

Boateng in a sort of lampard role, pushing up, pressing, short passing, linking up w/ robinho.

Montolivo moves slightly left, and flamini for ffs drops back mostly..... creating a sort of false-double pivot. Kind of similar to what we did w/ mvb/gattuso.


Pazzo leading the line should push them to create space for a robi/boa/urby to move.


I think this has proven to be both robinho , pazzo and urby's best roles. Boateng, while not a true CM, this role would use his best tools, and pressing further will negate some of tactical reading a pure CM does..... if he gets better at pressing (he's ok) it'll lead to a lot of interception tackle opportunities for montolivo/flamini


and yes i purposely pointed luca's arrow to out of bounds.
Like this a lot.

In an ideal world though, Monty would play higher up the field, pretty much where you have Boateng now, Boateng would move to Flamini's place, and we would have an actual DM.


Signature
Rickaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 23:44   #204
bens
Banned
 
bens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

.

Last edited by bens; 08-11-2012 at 22:11.
bens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 17:01   #205
necromancer
Capocannoniere
 
necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johannesburg
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default

This may be the best thread for this - http://www.settoretecnico.figc.it/documenti.aspx

The thesis documents that Italian coaches have to submit, before passing the coaching course. It's only available in Italian - But I'm gonna devote some time on them over the next few days
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 19:01   #206
Albertini
AC Milan Icon
 
Albertini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Firenze
Default

I think my wildest dreams may be coming true. I did not think this day would ever arrive but it actually looks like ac milan are going to be moving away from that prehistoric formation that worked so well for teams in the 70's with three defensive CM's in the middle. I appreciate everyone else's opinion but what I have been crying out for for years is that milan move to a 4-2-3-1, with the wingers on the 'wrong' side so they can cut inside. every club is doing that now, i think arjen robben started the trend years ago and you can also see it now in madrid, tottenham, barca, germany etc. the wingers are harder to mark and you get more goals from midfield while there is generally more movement as players don't just stick to their sides. emmanuelson has been great on the right side for us and scored goals. he needs to be a winger not a rcm.

I also hate how everybody calls out for a MVB type in front of the defense. the best form of defense in todays football it possession. Milan need to have a packed midfield, with good passers who play high up the field, press and suffocate the opposition and cover for the overlapping fullbacks. the 4-2-3-1 has always been my preferred formation and i also think pato/pazzini are well suited for it. i would go with (it looks a bit like the holland formation):

.----------------------Abbiati

.----------Abate---mexes---zapata---antonnini

.-----------------nocerino---flamini

.---------Urby/Bojan---montolivo---binho/SES

.----------------------Pazzo/Pato

Before anybody says it, i know boa is missing, i hate him. the guy is an absolute pimp. he has made no effort to get fit, does not look like he is enjoying himself at milan and probably thinks he's too good to be here. Also he hasn't had any competition for a place and it would do him good to make him prove his worth from the bench. also niang can play up front or wide. there are lots of options for the CM's. Ambro can come in for flamini when we need to man mark a trequartista. The only thing we're missing is a left back. I had to get that off my chest now but things are really looking up with niang and bojan. suddenly its not as important to have the pirlo/modric/moutinho players if we're going with wingers, it could realy work tell me what you think.
Albertini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 01:45   #207
Mion-Moura
Team Neymar
 
Mion-Moura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: suplex city
Fav. Players: Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaldiniCapitano View Post
I think my wildest dreams may be coming true. I did not think this day would ever arrive but it actually looks like ac milan are going to be moving away from that prehistoric formation that worked so well for teams in the 70's with three defensive CM's in the middle. I appreciate everyone else's opinion but what I have been crying out for for years is that milan move to a 4-2-3-1, with the wingers on the 'wrong' side so they can cut inside. every club is doing that now, i think arjen robben started the trend years ago and you can also see it now in madrid, tottenham, barca, germany etc. the wingers are harder to mark and you get more goals from midfield while there is generally more movement as players don't just stick to their sides. emmanuelson has been great on the right side for us and scored goals. he needs to be a winger not a rcm.

I also hate how everybody calls out for a MVB type in front of the defense. the best form of defense in todays football it possession. Milan need to have a packed midfield, with good passers who play high up the field, press and suffocate the opposition and cover for the overlapping fullbacks. the 4-2-3-1 has always been my preferred formation and i also think pato/pazzini are well suited for it. i would go with (it looks a bit like the holland formation):

.----------------------Abbiati

.----------Abate---mexes---zapata---antonnini

.-----------------nocerino---flamini

.---------Urby/Bojan---montolivo---binho/SES

.----------------------Pazzo/Pato

Before anybody says it, i know boa is missing, i hate him. the guy is an absolute pimp. he has made no effort to get fit, does not look like he is enjoying himself at milan and probably thinks he's too good to be here. Also he hasn't had any competition for a place and it would do him good to make him prove his worth from the bench. also niang can play up front or wide. there are lots of options for the CM's. Ambro can come in for flamini when we need to man mark a trequartista. The only thing we're missing is a left back. I had to get that off my chest now but things are really looking up with niang and bojan. suddenly its not as important to have the pirlo/modric/moutinho players if we're going with wingers, it could realy work tell me what you think.
the problem is that noce and flamini(nowadays) dont execute enough tackles/interceptions and now muntari is injured....since we're somehow in the market i hope we get a real DM and a LB.btw cant zapata play LB....then we can have a CB of mexes-acerbi?

Last edited by Mion-Moura; 29-08-2012 at 01:47.
Mion-Moura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 04:22   #208
BrasilianMilan
Eternal Rossonero
 
BrasilianMilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Van Basten, Nesta, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Calhanoglu, Romagnoli, Biglia, Bonucci
Default

Seems as though Allegri will be focusing mainly on 4-3-3 this season, I think this can work well, but maybe put El Shaarawy or Pazzini as the middle striker (false 9).


Signature
BrasilianMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 04:40   #209
Dsav
Senior Team Member
 
Dsav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Default

I dont mind playing a 4-3-3, its going to be something different to what we are used to and will take some time to get use to. Aslong as the two front wings get back in defence it can work well. Its effectively a 4-5-1 on the defesive end. I also like a 4-2-3-1 formation, i think with the players we have we can use that effectively aswell.
Dsav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 08:20   #210
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!
 
acerвιc wιт's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Default

Milan should deploy a 4-2-3-1 formation. It provides great balance and works to our strengths, particularly securing the defence.


Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 08:27   #211
Dsav
Senior Team Member
 
Dsav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerвιc wιт View Post
Milan should deploy a 4-2-3-1 formation. It provides great balance and works to our strengths, particularly securing the defence.
Exactly, We can still attack strongly and not be left vulnerable on the defensive end for counter attacks.
Dsav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 04:45   #212
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerвιc wιт View Post
Milan should deploy a 4-2-3-1 formation. It provides great balance and works to our strengths, particularly securing the defence.
I agree, but we'll need Kaka or another quality CAM for that.


But I think Montolivo as the CAM and Muntari + one of our box-to-box in double pivot will do against smaller teams.


We actually used or looked like using it in parts of the second half against Samp, with Constant-Flamini in double pivot, Urby-Monto-Boateng and Pazzini up top. And it looked pretty good. Better than the 4-3-3 with false nine at least.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 20:08   #213
bens
Banned
 
bens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

.

Last edited by bens; 08-11-2012 at 22:26.
bens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 20:43   #214
Danilo JBG
World Cup Winner
 
Danilo JBG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brazil
Default

We have six strikers. Only three of our midfielders are worthy starters. We've got all reasons to go for a 4-3-3.

Allegri has more options in attack, but I really can't like other midfield trio rather than De Jong, Montolivo and Boateng.

Even though I like Prince playing as an AM, I think he's currently more needed in center-midfield, as we're clearly short of quality there. I think he might not be as good as a CM as he is when playing as an AM, but I think that change will benefit Milan as a team even if it doesn't benefit Boateng individually.
Danilo JBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 20:44   #215
Ashish
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning
Default

flamini is going to play Noce role with allegri .. he is not going to stay back .. he is clearly unfit .. I dont have any excuses for him but when

--monty --ambro --dejong---

is going to be good for 60 minutes in cl
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 21:03   #216
Tidalwave
Shredder
 
Tidalwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Fav. Players: Kaka' #22, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Sheva, Ibra, Balotelli, De Rossi, Montolivo.
Default

Realistic starting XI:

4-3-3

Robinho/El Shaarawy - Pazzini - Bojan

Montolivo - De Jong - Prince

Antonini/Constant - Mexes - Zapata/Acerbi - Abate/De Sciglio

Abbiati/Gabriel

No more headless chicken
Scudetto 19 here we come
Tidalwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 08:26   #217
necromancer
Capocannoniere
 
necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johannesburg
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default



The 3rd formation there is what I really think would work very well with the players we have. Double pivot of Montolivo and De Jong. Boateng as the CAM, Robinho and Bojan the wing AMs, and Pazzini the lone striker.


Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 00:48   #218
Fiero
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Default

This team needs to play on counter attacks, it's pretty obvious. The patient possession based game was perfect when we had players able to split defenses with a pass... Ibra, Pirlo, Seedorf, Aquilani, Cassano. Now it makes no sense. Dwelling on the ball allows the opponents to get positioned and limit any space, while our midfielders are uncreative and unable to create something out of nothing.

All the possession in the world isn't going to do us much good now. What we need to do is 'invite the opponents' to take the ball and then hit on fast counters. We have the players for that... Emanuelson, Robinho, Boateng... they're all fast as hell and good dribblers.

Our defense is solid enough to hold it's own, we need a double pivot of De Jong and Montolivo to be the brains of the team... especially Monto, he could unleash counters on the wing to Emanuelson and Robinho with Pazzini waiting in the box.
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 04:27   #219
jammin
pour l'éternité
 
jammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post


The 3rd formation there is what I really think would work very well with the players we have. Double pivot of Montolivo and De Jong. Boateng as the CAM, Robinho and Bojan the wing AMs, and Pazzini the lone striker.
third formation looks good. tho i'd prefer Urby to start on the left.


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Best.

World cup.

Ever.
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 05:57   #220
Ashish
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning
Default

I think we will be aphrodisiac with 4-3-1-2 formation
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:35.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.