The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 09-01-2017, 04:27   #7101
Don_Jacare
Banned

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsene View Post
Torino sporting director said Arsenal has bid 65 million euros for belotti. Makes no sense and if wenger heard this, he would have heart attack by those numbers. Seriously is he any good and what type of player is he?
No he is a 15 mil striker at best. He would struggle in epl.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 18:48   #7102
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Jacare View Post
No he is a 15 mil striker at best. He would struggle in epl.
Would you guys stop with the EPL nonsense? They're only a little better than current Serie A and that is because they got shitloads of money and Serie A teams got a terrible management for the last 10 years.

A close-to-retirement Zlatan is top scorer. Juventus of 2 years ago would be champion by now, if it played in EPL.

Even Bojan Krkic is doing much better there than he did in Serie A and that guy is the epitome of fragility.

Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!

Last edited by Ronin; 09-01-2017 at 18:52.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:42   #7103
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Atalanta better step up today.

Signature
Greatest of all time
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:47   #7104
Don_Jacare
Banned

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Would you guys stop with the EPL nonsense? They're only a little better than current Serie A and that is because they got shitloads of money and Serie A teams got a terrible management for the last 10 years.

A close-to-retirement Zlatan is top scorer. Juventus of 2 years ago would be champion by now, if it played in EPL.

Even Bojan Krkic is doing much better there than he did in Serie A and that guy is the epitome of fragility.
Given his style of play, he wont be successful in epl. He just isnt suited to the epl game. He is alright in a slow tempo league. I am not saying that epl is better than serie a in terms of level of play but italian players generally dont do well in england. Vice versa with players from epl. Totally different setup and takes years to get acclimatized to the league and top clubs cannot afford to be patient. They expect immediate results.
Old 11-01-2017, 13:26   #7105
Rumpelstiltskin
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Romagnoli, Suso, Kessie, Locatelli, Bonaventura.

Quote:
Given his style of play, he wont be successful in epl. He just isnt suited to the epl game. He is alright in a slow tempo league. I am not saying that epl is better than serie a in terms of level of play but italian players generally dont do well in england. Vice versa with players from epl. Totally different setup and takes years to get acclimatized to the league and top clubs cannot afford to be patient. They expect immediate results.
I don't think you've seen Belotti play.

He is strong, fast, quick feet, good movement, clinical in front of goal. In short, he has all the attributes needed in a modern CF. I don't see how his style of play isn't suited to the PL. Even an average CF like Pelle was reasonably successful in the PL.

It could take him some time to adjust to a new environment. Also, it remains to be be seen whether he can handle the pressure of playing for a big club. But I think he would do well in England.
Rumpelstiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 14:45   #7106
Arsene
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

He is strong, fast, quick feet, good movement, clinical in front of goal. In short, he has all the attributes needed in a modern CF. I don't see how his style of play isn't suited to the PL. Even an average CF like Pelle was reasonably successful in the PL.

It could take him some time to adjust to a new environment. Also, it remains to be be seen whether he can handle the pressure of playing for a big club. But I think he would do well in England.
In the PL there has been many players who had good spells like Pelle and Bojan. But both of them failed. Pelle after one season became benched and really poor and Bojan hasnt been a starter for stoke for a long time and is about to leave them for lack of playing time. Historically Italian players has struggled in England. its just not what they are used to.....In England you dont think when you play. You just run and play. This isnt natural for someone educated with Italian football.
Arsene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 16:43   #7107
Don_Jacare
Banned

Quote:

Pelle was good for one season. So was bojan. Look at both of them now. They got found at. Bad examples. They are simply not good enough and neither is belotti. He is far too overrated. He is decent at best. He relies too much on his physique and lacks the skill to hold up and link up play. Yes he has those tools mentioned above but it is not at an adequate level to perform well for top tier clubs.
Old 11-01-2017, 17:22   #7108
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

As long as you are athletic and can be your man one on one you can score a decent amount in the premier league. The only adjustment whatsoever is the speed of play, players who don't think quick will suck. But belotti has everything to be awesome in the epl, the same league where an aging Defoe and Charlie Austin are usually toward the top of the scoring charts
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 17:59   #7109
Mr Delicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

Thats not a valid argument though. It pisses me off when PL fanboys say "but look at x, hes doing so well in Serie A, it MUST be a horrible league". Yet you guys do the exact same thing in reverse situations.

Each league has it's own characteristics and certain players thrive while others don't. It's also team specific IN that league.

Almost all the English players though are the epitome of average and overhyped. But the foreign talent in the PL is very much real and thats the main difference between the two leagues. Aguero, Silva, Coutihno, Ibra, Costa, Hazard etc. But it's not a massive discrepancy but one worth noting.
Mr Delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 18:10   #7110
Rumpelstiltskin
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
In the PL there has been many players who had good spells like Pelle and Bojan. But both of them failed. Pelle after one season became benched and really poor and Bojan hasnt been a starter for stoke for a long time and is about to leave them for lack of playing time. Historically Italian players has struggled in England. its just not what they are used to.....In England you dont think when you play. You just run and play. This isnt natural for someone educated with Italian football.
Not sure if you're being sarcastic.

Historically the PL has never been a popular destination for top Italian footballers. In recent years, we have seen average Italians like Borini, Aquilani, Zaza, etc move to England. De Rossi, Marchisio for example could've done well there.

The current bunch of young Italians seem very talented and I think players like Belotti, Bernardeschi, Romagnoli etc. could do well in the PL. I think Belotti going to Arsenal is very unlikely, but I'm sure Conte will sign some top Italian player if he stays in Chelsea for a few seasons.
Old 11-01-2017, 18:34   #7111
Rumpelstiltskin
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Pelle was good for one season. So was bojan. Look at both of them now. They got found at. Bad examples. They are simply not good enough and neither is belotti. He is far too overrated. He is decent at best. He relies too much on his physique and lacks the skill to hold up and link up play. Yes he has those tools mentioned above but it is not at an adequate level to perform well for top tier clubs.
Pelle started declining in his second season, but still got 11 goals and 6 assists in the limited opportunities he got. I didn't use Bojan's example. Anyway, the discussion is not about Pelle or Bojan. Belotti is much more talented than them.

Last edited by Rumpelstiltskin; 12-01-2017 at 16:01.
Old 12-01-2017, 00:03   #7112
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Weah Gullit Rijkaard Boban Savicevic Baresi Kaka Shevchenko Suarez Tevez

Arsenal have denied making a club record 55million bid for Italy international Andrea Belotti.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/09/arsena...#ixzz4VUsaLQqw

LMAO... why go for some turin fodder. when you can get world class players for that amount of money.

Signature
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:01   #7113
Don_Jacare
Banned

Quote:
Pelle started declining in his second season, but still got 11 goals and 6 assists in the limited opportunities he got. I didn't use Bojan's example. Anyway, the discussion is not about Pelle or Bojan. Belotti is much more talented than them.
Pelle still got found out. Thats the point. No one rates him. He is average and belotti really isnt much better. I just dont see any world class qualities in him to warrant above 20 mil for his services. He is average to good at a lot of things but not great in any attribute.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:04   #7114
Don_Jacare
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post

Arsenal have denied making a club record 55million bid for Italy international Andrea Belotti.

LMAO... why go for some turin fodder. when you can get world class players for that amount of money.
Even gilardino was better than him when he played for parma.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:21   #7115
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi
Default Italian Football Thread III

Quote:
Not sure if you're being sarcastic.

Historically the PL has never been a popular destination for top Italian footballers. In recent years, we have seen average Italians like Borini, Aquilani, Zaza, etc move to England. De Rossi, Marchisio for example could've done well there.

The current bunch of young Italians seem very talented and I think players like Belotti, Bernardeschi, Romagnoli etc. could do well in the PL. I think Belotti going to Arsenal is very unlikely, but I'm sure Conte will sign some top Italian player if he stays in Chelsea for a few seasons.

This.

I don't know why they are using the italians don't do well in epl, when in fact only the average ones went there like you mentioned. Zaza, borini, pelle etc are players we never wanted at Milan even when we had so many mediocre players. Darmian is the only "good" Italian player to somehow flop in the epl in recent seasons.

Verratti is currently the best italian player, would he flop in the epl? no faking way!.
As for belotti, he actually has all the qualities to do well in epl (hard worker, strong, decent pace etc.). He is imo better than harry kane at everything except shooting/finishing.
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 15:06   #7116
Don_Jacare
Banned

harry kane is far more technical compared to belotti. Its not even close.
Old 12-01-2017, 16:58   #7117
Mr Delicious
Banned

Quote:
harry kane is far more technical compared to belotti. Its not even close.
...calm down
Mr Delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 18:46   #7118
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post

like who? from CFs

Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 19:48   #7119
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Quote:
Torino sporting director said Arsenal has bid 65 million euros for belotti. Makes no sense and if wenger heard this, he would have heart attack by those numbers. Seriously is he any good and what type of player is he?
James Richardson said on Football Weekly that Torino didn't report who were the club ... believable.

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 04:45   #7120
Sognatore
superema man

Fav. Players: bosnian di marzio

Swagger is so stubborn. Apparently Belotti is the only striker in Europes top 5 leagues to have scored 5 goals with his left, right and head. He's young, has great personality and winning mentality, he gives Milan a headache and is rated by all professionals, but nvm he's average.

Signature
Sognatore is offline   Reply With Quote