Wrong time?

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I just noticed that the forums' time is wrong. It's about 20:51 but the forums' time claim that it's 21:51. :o

Just to let you know. :D

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Alex said:
I just noticed that the forums' time is wrong. It's about 20:51 but the forums' time claim that it's 21:51. :o

Just to let you know. :D

it might be another thing... in europe, time changes twice in a year (it just changed this weekend, 1 hour back) while in america (and i suppose canada) time doesn't change.

so just change your time options in your profile

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
the time does change in america and canada due to the daylight saving changes, it is one hour back right now...
and as I posted this, it was 9.45 central time in US so it was 10.45 am in eastern and pacific time...

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
mtfco said:
the time does change in america and canada due to the daylight saving changes, it is one hour back right now...
and as I posted this, it was 9.45 central time in US so it was 10.45 am in eastern and pacific time...

i've been told by a friend from phoenix (arizona) that time doesn't change in USA :conf:

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I believe time changes due to the equinox's are global, they just so happen to occur at different intervals during this week :D

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BANG! [testing the time...]

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
it is wrong :conf: it says you posted it at 21:01 and it's actually 20:01

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... it seems that phpBB is getting its date from the server, so the dudes administering the server must change the date. I cannot change it from my admin panel. :o

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
scharatz said:
mtfco said:

i've been told by a friend from phoenix (arizona) that time doesn't change in USA :conf:

well.... i live in lincoln nebraska USA, it is right in the middle of USA... and if the time doesn't change, it means that I could have been mistaken with my classes' schedules, BUT I didn't have any mistake with my classes (and I already changed my clocks)... thus ur friend in arizona was one hour faster becoz everyone in USA is one hour late right now...

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
scharatz, you friend is completly wrong. The whole world back one hour. :D

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Alex said:
scharatz, you friend is completly wrong. The whole world back one hour. :D

Yeah bloody annoying, i woke up one hour even earlier for football on sunday :D

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Check it out, no the whole world doesn't observe daylights saving time, but most of it does.

And it is observed in the US, except for in the Hawaii, Arizona, and Indiannapolis (kind-a), in metromolitan areas, so scharatz's friend is kinda-right.

About 70 countries around the world observe DST in some form. Here are some interesting facts about some of them:
In Canada, every province except Saskatchewan observes DST. It remains on standard time all year long.
It wasn't until 1996 that our NAFTA neighbors in Mexico adopted DST. Now all three Mexican time zones are on the same schedule as the United States.
Also in 1996, members of the European Union agreed to observe a "summer-time period" from the last Sunday in March to the last Sunday in October.
In the winter months, Russia, which spans over 11 time zones, is always one hour ahead of standard time. In the summer, Russians turn their clocks ahead one more hour.
Most countries near the equator don't deviate from standard time.
In the Southern Hemisphere, where summer arrives in what we in the Northern Hemisphere consider the winter months, DST is observed from late October to late March.
Three large regions in Australia do not participate in DST. Western Australia, the Northern Territory, and Queensland stay on standard time all year. The remaining south-central and southeastern sections of the continent (which is where Sydney and Melbourne are found) make the switch. This results in both vertical and horizontal time zones Down Under during the summer months
China, which spans five time zones, is always eight hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time and it does not observe DST.
There is no DST period in Japan either.

Schedule