Gianluigi Donnarumma Thread

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Donnarumma won't be sold. Romagnoli will not be either.

Bacca will, however.

I think Donna will be with us for 4 seasons at least. After that, depending on where we are as a club, he could leave. I don't think Raiola's clients are the type to retire after playing for one club.

such awful news we're even considering this

Where do you have the proof we're considering this? A speculative report is not tantamount to the club officially considering something.

********** reported one thing. Gazzetta reported that Berlusconi wants Donna to stay.

Neither position has been confirmed by the club, except Galliani saying Donna has no price.

So, in that case, is it not best to use common sense? Berlusconi wants an all-Italian Milan (purportedly at least). Berlusconi wants us at the top (maybe he is deluded, but that's what he wants). Why would he sell Donna? He has also talked about financial problems for Milan and how he is looking for investors, so he should be aware of the need to balance books. But it would make no sense, even if he is not attached to Donna, to sell him while his price isn't even as high as it could be.

The players who will leave are the ones that have been discussed on this forum, some more obvious than others (L. Adriano, Menez, Balo, Bacca, SES etc.). Donnarumma is not one of them.

Last edited:

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Donnarumma won't be sold. Romagnoli will not be either.

Bacca will, however.

I think Donna will be with us for 4 seasons at least. After that, depending on where we are as a club, he could leave. I don't think Raiola's clients are the type to retire after playing for one club.

Where do you have the proof we're considering this? A speculative report is not tantamount to the club officially considering something.

********** reported one thing. Gazzetta reported that Berlusconi wants Donna to stay.

Neither position has been confirmed by the club, except Galliani saying Donna has no price.

So, in that case, is it not best to use common sense? Berlusconi wants an all-Italian Milan (purportedly at least). Berlusconi wants us at the top (maybe he is deluded, but that's what he wants). Why would he sell Donna? He has also talked about financial problems for Milan and how he is looking for investors, so he should be aware of the need to balance books. But it would make no sense, even if he is not attached to Donna, to sell him while his price isn't even as high as it could be.

The players who will leave are the ones that have been discussed on this forum, some more obvious than others (L. Adriano, Menez, Balo, Bacca, SES etc.). Donnarumma is not one of them.

This forum desperately needs quality posters like this ^

We have enough of the tadejs and their two word rebuttals followed by :fp:

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
I think if a very good price came for someone like Bacca then we will sell. I don't think, like you said, many will leave to 'balance the books' unless the obvious ones like Adriano, Menez :-)cry:), SES, Lopez( :cry::cry:)

Safe to say Donna, Roma and Bona (or some seriously absurd price like 70m) are at the very least untouchable.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We should have a thread solely dedicated to TNG gifs. :proud:

Me like...

but...

all Star Trek...

what say you?

tumblr_n08gkhHusG1sewz1yo2_400.gif

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
g&B is the only proof I need to fear the sale of Donna and Roma.
Years of stupidity back that up.

My concern isnt about selling good players but more about how the money is used.
Selling Donna for crazy money isnt bad ... Having g&B to replace him with a shit gk is.

Last edited:

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
The high-profile sales were approved by Berlusconi (Sheva, Kaka).

G can't sell Donna unilaterally. If he is sold, then the club wants him gone.

The bad deals that G has made in the last few years--almost all the deals, that is--have been generally for SES, Bertolacci etc.... he had more flexibility in these deals, and that's why Berlusconi is unhappy with the mess he has made.

Relax, Donna is not being sold. Yet. In 4 seasons, if we are where we are with no investment, I can see him leave. For now, he embodies Milan's new philosophy, and Berlusconi wants him here.

Last edited:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
even for big money we shouldnt sell Roma or donna ... these two should be untouchable --without them theres no Future for Milan , i cant see one.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
The high-profile sales were approved by Berlusconi (Sheva, Kaka).

G can't sell Donna unilaterally. If he is sold, then the club wants him gone.

The bad deals that G has made in the last few years--almost all the deals, that is--have been generally for SES, Bertolacci etc.... he had more flexibility in these deals, and that's why Berlusconi is unhappy with the mess he has made.

Relax, Donna is not being sold. Yet. In 4 seasons, if we are where we are with no investment, I can see him leave. For now, he embodies Milan's new philosophy, and Berlusconi wants him here.

The fact he is Italian too, will be a great help.
Berlusconi wants an Italian Milan.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
it would be crazy to sell Donnarumma.... it wouldn't make any sense. the brand is already valued this low and fans aren't coming to the stadium... selling Donnarumma will only make it much worse. Donnarumma is exactly the right player to come out of our youth setup at the right time. I cannot stress how 'right' the time is for him to start at Milan. I also cannot see us selling him in the next two years.

I'm very hopeful he stays for his career, a gem like him comes once every generation.

We also have Lopez, Abbiati, Gabriel (impressive season in Serie B, could win Serie A this year without even playing a minute lol) and Plizzari (highly rated Primavera GK). That's a wealth of options and Galliani always liked having extra gks for bargaining in the market. I suggest we loan out Gabriel again next year because his value dropped so low, and sell him for whatever he fetches a year from now. Plizzari also could use some Serie B experience before he becomes Gigio's substitute.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Obviously everyone is interested in Donna. That's no surprise. He just turned 17 some weeks ago, he's starting for AC fucking Milan in Serie A and he benched Diego Lopez when he still was fit. Week per week he astonishes the football world for being that calm and mature despite his young age and a difficult environment. He delivers almost every week, a lot of gk in top leagues out there dream of having his reflexes, his calmness, his presence in the box... and this guy is only 17 years old!! If that doesn't call the biggest clubs in europe on the plan, then nothing else will. Rumours about others intersted in Donna? Nothing else expected. So far so good.

Alright: If a fresh 17 year old golakeeper is rumoured to be worth something around 40-50M Euro... imagine how much he's worth in 2-3 seaosns?

Even if we have to balance the sheets, Barbara is in constant dialoge with UEFA and talking with them about a 5-year-plan to restabilize the balance sheets. Assumed that we still have a couple of years time to get back to being profitable again, in no world it would make sense to sell Donna now. Aside from the emotional reasons (Italian, own youth product, Milan fan etc.), even the rational reasons absolutely speak for keeping him some more seasons before selling him for a crazy amount.

That said, I hope by that time that we are back in CL and fighting for scudetto, so that it won't be necessary anymore to sell our most marketable players. I'd love to see Donna becoming our Gigi Buffon.

-> There were some rumours about Conte wanting him at all costs at Chelsea nest season (I think it was from Tuttoshit). Well, if that's true and Conte is so amazed by Donna, so why doesn't call him up at least for 3rd choice gk in the NT? If Conte really thinks Donna is ready for Chelsea and Premier League football I don't see why he wouldn't call him up in a friendly to play for the regular NT. Ergo: Tuttoshit rumors = literally tuttoshit.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Calling Donna to NT will only increase his value and make it harder for Chelsea to get him.
So in a way , it make sense.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
We won't sell a promising 17 year old kid. Chill

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Number of times a Milan player has been linked to a 30mill plus move and we didn't sell him within the next two years = Zero.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Number of times a Milan player has been linked to a 30mill plus move and we didn't sell him within the next two years = Zero.

I agree with this. I don't think Donna will retire here unless things change at our club.

Right now we're not part of Europe's elite. We're not even on the same level as Juventus. If Berlusconi doesn't find investment Donna will leave by 2018. Being Raiola's client doesn't help either.

We are tier 3 club at the moment. Let's see if our fortunes change with outside investment.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
umm....20-30m?

Hopefully not but it wouldn't surprise me. Players don't improve being part of ur team. Pato, SES, Merkel, Cristante, DeSciglio. No one comes to Milan or breaks into the first team and has a steady improvement anymore. It's been so long such that it feels like never.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Hopefully not but it wouldn't surprise me. Players don't improve being part of ur team. Pato, SES, Merkel, Cristante, DeSciglio. No one comes to Milan or breaks into the first team and has a steady improvement anymore. It's been so long such that it feels like never.

i think it's abate maybe who'se turned into a reliable good starting xi player for multiple years most recently

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i think it's abate maybe who'se turned into a reliable good starting xi player for multiple years most recently

the guy who singlehandedly put Diego Milito in the same league as Sheva when derby goals are concerned.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
umm....20-30m?

In this particullar case I really don't think so. It looks like you guys are convinced Donna is not going to improve anymore.

Schedule