• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

knockout ned

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ireland, Robinho, Benarbia, Goater, Kinky
I think he is a better backup than starter, given what they have. Under my scenario, as their manager, I would sell off my forwards and bring in some depth at midfield as complete players. Since they run a 4-2-3-1, most of their midfielders are holding midfielders.

Under a 4-3-1-2, the following big name players become expendable: Adebayor, Adam Johnson, Shaun Wright Phillips, Cockroach Tevez, maybe Vladmir Weiss.

They could sell those guys and bring in two or three complete midfielders to run that system.

Even now, they have a glut of players that probably need to go. The players who won't get playing time will probably divide the dressing room.

Only de Jong is the true holding player at City. Even Barry isn't a holding player. He's a central midfielder. He's scored 40 odd goals throughout his career. He got the 'holding midfielder' mantra from playing for England when he was used in the same system as Lampard and Gerrard. In City's midfield he simply sits between Yaya and de Jong.

He's a steady player. A consistent 7 out of 10 player. He keeps the team ticking over and he's reliable. He's grown on me quite a bit.

As for leaving De Jong out.....:fp:

Shame on you :D

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Barry would be the first one to go,in does stupid tv shows,like the weakest chain or something like that:D

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Only de Jong is the true holding player at City. Even Barry isn't a holding player. He's a central midfielder. He's scored 40 odd goals throughout his career.

Around 80% of which are pens, don't use that argument. Also with Villa he played left wing for a while when he was younger, when he finally got to being a CM he basically never scored, because he's one of those holding ones that can't actually defend/left footed Carrick.

knockout ned

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ireland, Robinho, Benarbia, Goater, Kinky
Around 80% of which are pens, don't use that argument. Also with Villa he played left wing for a while when he was younger, when he finally got to being a CM he basically never scored, because he's one of those holding ones that can't actually defend/left footed Carrick.

Right. He's still not a defensive midfielder though, which is my point.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Manchester United looking to raise £600m in Singapore share sale
• League champions plan to list on Singapore stock market
• Club was listed in London before Glazer takeover

Manchester United plan to raise $1bn (£610m) by selling shares on the Singapore stock market, according to reports.

The Wall Street Journal has reported that the Premier League champions will carry out an initial public offering in the country this year.

It has been reported that the club was planning to sell shares in Hong Kong but has now switched its attention to Singapore.

United was listed on the London Stock Exchange until being taken over by the Glazer family in a deal worth close to £800m in 2005.

United have not commented on the reports.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/16/manchester-united-singapore-share-sale

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Rumours of Man United wanting to sell seem to be everywhere. I am confused as to why they would want to put shares up in the singapore stock exchange though.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Few random things:

1. Don't understand why people (United fans mainly) are complaining about City's deal. Sure they've probably been given mates rates but we'd all be very happy if it was us.

2. Wes Brown was MOTM at CB away to Liverpool. As I've said before, he's a top class CB and if he can play constantly he'll be seen as one of the best defenders in the EPL again.

3. I find it hard to dislike David Silva. Now that Fabregas has gone he'd be my first choice if I could sign any EPL player. He's immense.

4. Ferdinand is out for 6 weeks, Vidic 2 or 3 and Rafael for 10. We've got to face Spurs at home, Arsenal at home, Bolton away, Stoke away and Chelsea at home in the next few weeks. HUGE test for him, he'll be targetted and won't have Vidic to help him. He's already the laughing stock of the media.

5. Torres looked super sharp against Stoke. Chelsea as a whole were very unlucky. Pulis and AVB have shared some "words" already.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Hey man utd fan, want to dig up fergie's quotes/interviews about making players 'working class'. I loved it. Hard to not respect the man. I love his philosophy in that regard. He really won't take a premadonna attitude.

@Wes Brown. I was surprised someone like Tottenham didn't grab him. He's got exerience at highest level. Could offer them something. People always wanna criticize the squad defenders on bigger squads. Truth is, i think they just look 'poor' cause they have to sub in for truly class players like a vidic or in milan's case Nesta or something. Yeah, anyone's gonna look 'poor' by comparison, when truth is they could start for 15-16 teams in their leagues

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hey man utd fan, want to dig up fergie's quotes/interviews about making players 'working class'. I loved it. Hard to not respect the man. I love his philosophy in that regard. He really won't take a premadonna attitude.

@Wes Brown. I was surprised someone like Tottenham didn't grab him. He's got exerience at highest level. Could offer them something.

"A player said to me Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo were not good enough and he wasn't prepared to wait,'' said Ferguson. "That is the problem with potential. People don't identify potential. We are very good at it. I have identified it all my life. I know potential. I know where it can be developed and how to develop it.

"I have faith in it. That is what this club is about. When you see Manchester United at the moment, with 14 players under 22, you don't see the Manchester United for years ahead. We will invest in signature players when the time is ready. We were not ready this summer.''

Said during the Rooney saga. Also compared Rooney to a cow in the same press conference :lol:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
That is the problem with potential. People don't identify potential. We are very good at it. I have identified it all my life. I know potential. I know where it can be developed and how to develop it.

Bebe.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So fergie gets credit when scouts do well, and blame goes elsewhere when they do poorly :) :)

Fergie hadn't even seen Bebe on dvd. His mistake was trusting CQ, not his judgement of the player.

Bebe was only 3M. No harm done. Vidic, Evra and Hernandez combined were less than 20M :cool:

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I think everyone knew though (including fergie) that bebe was either going to be an excellent signing or a major flop. Over the last couple years he has definately got more right than wrong though and thats whats important.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Been reading that and one thing just stuck out to me - Leeds are financially one of the most solid in England now. Wages of a mid table championship club and a turnover higher than anybody who hasn't been in the premiership recently (Promotion/relegation guarantees you money over a few years)

Leeds has about a 40000 seater stadium? Does anyone else have larger than this, and havent just been relegated/promoted?

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's no suprise really. Leeds are a huge club and it was only 8 or 9 years ago that they made it to the CL semi's. NF are the only lower league club that historically can compare, but they've been average for 25 + years.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leeds has about a 40000 seater stadium? Does anyone else have larger than this, and havent just been relegated/promoted?
Yeah it's 40,000 but there have been renovations for the past year cutting it down to about 29k, plus Leeds have the advantage of having a strong fanbase, they charge as much as a prem club but still get 20k + a week.

How have Forest been doing so far?

Leeds keep dealing with free's and loans, and with losing 3 last summer it looks like it's catching up with them. :(

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Yeah it's 40,000 but there have been renovations for the past year cutting it down to about 29k, plus Leeds have the advantage of having a strong fanbase, they charge as much as a prem club but still get 20k + a week.

How have Forest been doing so far?

Leeds keep dealing with free's and loans, and with losing 3 last summer it looks like it's catching up with them. :(

Forest are basically in the same spot as Leeds with losing players. I feel they are weaker than they were last year. Forests first game was average and the second game they were just woeful. I want to be positive about them but i just dont see anything happening.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Forest are basically in the same spot as Leeds with losing players. I feel they are weaker than they were last year. Forests first game was average and the second game they were just woeful. I want to be positive about them but i just dont see anything happening.

I'm hopeful at least, alot of the Leeds team is still there and they only really lost their keeper, and a just decent CM. They've got to be the most attractive club to go to aside from West Ham in the championship.

At least we've won today though. West Ham away this weekend too.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
West Ham as a club are hugely overated, mainly because they've got more fans in journalism than anyone else.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
West Ham as a club are hugely overated, mainly because they've got more fans in journalism than anyone else.

They are, they've never achieved anything but they're from London and they get glamourised by the media/films. I'd like to see them stay down there but it's taken relegation for them to finally do something intelligent, they'll be right back.

This is karma though, they should have gone down a long time ago when Tevez was there.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
They are, they've never achieved anything but they're from London and they get glamourised by the media/films. I'd like to see them stay down there but it's taken relegation for them to finally do something intelligent, they'll be right back.

This is karma though, they should have gone down a long time ago when Tevez was there.

Bobby Moore and Geoff Hurst are the main reasons IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule