Roberto Donadoni Thread

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
Inzaghi will be a great coach in future, but at the moment he lack tactical knowledge and experience. if he get the sack, I hope he doesn't take it too hard as I hope he will be back again.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Sarri or Donadoni, it's hard to say both are much better coaches than our current one so I wouldn't mind either. I'm not sure if Donadoni has a lot of supporters inside the current AC Milan otherwise instead of looking to hire Seedorf and Inzaghi, we would have already hired Donadoni (good coach, able to grow young players, lots of experience, etc)

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
Sarri or Donadoni, it's hard to say both are much better coaches than our current one so I wouldn't mind either. I'm not sure if Donadoni has a lot of supporters inside the current AC Milan otherwise instead of looking to hire Seedorf and Inzaghi, we would have already hired Donadoni (good coach, able to grow young players, lots of experience, etc)

To be fair, at the time of Seedorf's and, later, Inzaghi's arrival, Donadoni was doing great things with Parma, and even earned a spot in the EL (which we all know was later revoked).

There was no reason for Donadoni to leave Parma before things started going south, financially.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Inzaghi will be a great coach in future, but at the moment he lack tactical knowledge and experience. if he get the sack, I hope he doesn't take it too hard as I hope he will be back again.

Exactly why we shouldn't have hired an inexperiecned coach, to deal with such a shit Milan side.

We've wasted Pippo's opportunity to coach Milan, he may never come back now.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Would be a depressing move. Obviously an upgrade from Bibbo(who isn't?), but it would be the least interesting coach from the ones we're linked with(Conte, Sarri, Montella, Spalletti, etc)

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Would be a depressing move. Obviously an upgrade from Bibbo(who isn't?), but it would be the least interesting coach from the ones we're linked with(Conte, Sarri, Montella, Spalletti, etc)

Are you serious ... Roberto is definitely more interesting than those 2. He has done a very good job at Parma until this season when the players stopped getting paid.

I think he deserves a chance. Especially with squad at our disposal.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
donadoni.jpg

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A man of honour

Milan consider Donadoni swoop

Pippo Inzaghi?s future remains in doubt as Milan are linked with a move for Parma Coach Roberto Donadoni at the end of the season.

The 51-year-old had a hugely successful playing career with the Diavolo and will almost certainly be available at the end of the season given Parma?s imminent relegation.
Inzaghi has struggled in his first season in charge and his side are languishing in eighth place, seven points off a European spot with eight games left to play.

Tuttomercatoweb have reported that the club?s hierarchy are evaluating a possible move for Donadoni, who guided his bankrupt team to a shock 1-0 win over Juventus at the weekend.

The Coach has received plaudits for refusing to court other job offers despite being unpaid for most of the season, and he guided the Crociati to sixth place in Serie A in 2013/14.

The former Azzurri CT won six Serie A titles and three Champions Leagues during his time playing at San Siro.

10563024_1005675609456533_3888282504927134840_n.jpg

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

Would love him at Milan.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@carlolaudisa
Il #Milan aspetta @MrAncelotti sino a domani: lo rivuole #Berlusconi. In alternativa per? prende forma la candidatura di #Donadoni

@Milanello
GdS reports that Silvio Berlusconi wants to hire Donadoni as the coach if Ancelotti declines Milan's offer.

:thumbsup:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
@carlolaudisa

@Milanello

:thumbsup:

Nice... tbh I wanted him here b4 Seedorf... but his parma were doing well in the league. Excellent Alternative... knows Milan inside out.... has plenty of Serie A experience. And if we are to play with wingers then there is no better teacher to learn from.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Blegh

Upgrade from Bibbo and the movie coach, but still blegh

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nice... tbh I wanted him here b4 Seedorf... but his parma were doing well in the league. Excellent Alternative... knows Milan inside out.... has plenty of Serie A experience. And if we are to play with wingers then there is no better teacher to learn from.

Yes but we will be still within the Senatore mentality. Like I said before, we need a coach who is not only given some decision making in transfers but also someone who has zero affiliation with Milan. Donadoni may be somewhat good but we cannot come back to the whole renew Bonera, Mexes, extend Muntari and give them playing time just because they are experienced players.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
2 wins in a row so far at Bologna who were one of the worst teams in the league this season. 0-3 & 0-2

All the best Donadoni

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
AC Milan are reportedly lining up Bologna boss Roberto Donadoni for the coach’s job should the club part ways with current incumbent Sinisa Mihajlovic.

The club will take stock of the Serb’s position at the end of the season, with Rossoneri president Silvio Berlusconi keen on the former Parma boss.

Donadoni was overlooked in the summer after impressing in his role at the Ducali and he has steadied the ship at Bologna since succeeding Delio Rossi in October.

“Clearly I too have the ambition of one day being coach of a big club,” Donadoni told the Corriere dello Sport recently.

“Even to this day it’s a special feeling to walk out at San Siro and receive the tributes from the Rossoneri fans.

“I did speak to Silvio [Berlusconi] on the phone a few months ago. It was a nice chat, we remembered the golden years of our Milan.”

interesting option, but i can't see him joining us

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Donadoni is a very underrated coach at least here in RnB but his recent talk was in bad timing and has been disrespectful towards those that currently work for Milan.

I wouldn't mind him joining us after Mihajlovic, then again I'd rather Mihajlovic was placed in conditions to do his job in peace.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What a man! :star:

Since Donadoni took over, Bologna are undefeated against Juventus (D), Napoli (W), Roma (D), Fiorentina (D), Milan (W) and Lazio (D).

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I know a lot of people here don't want him, but I think he is a much better coach than he is getting credit for-

He did a great job with limited resources at Parma. The guy got them all the way to 6th, which was extremely impressive.

He did well enough early in his career to get the Italy job. He did better with Italy than he gets credit for- we all saw what happened when Lippi came back, and at the end of the day, he lost on PKs without Cannavaro, Pirlo, or Gattuso to a Spain side that would win their next three tournaments.

He did a solid job a Bolgona. With a limited budget and limited talent, he got them to a comfortable mid table spot (while they finished 15th the last two seasons, if not for poor finishes to the season, they could have finished closer to 10th). Pippo took over for him and the team is doing worse than it was under Donadoni.

Overall, he is a good manager, and has excelled at getting the most out of his players. He has never had this level of talent at club level, and I would be more than happy to see what he could do with them.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Get him. No more playercoaches who just got their coaching license.

Time for a veteran.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Yeah, let's get someone who's had his for a while and done absolutely fuck all with it.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
5 years too late.. if only we had appointed after sacking Max to steady the ship.. now, am not so sure.. may be if Conte or whoever competent out there declines

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I know a lot of people here don't want him, but I think he is a much better coach than he is getting credit for-

He did a great job with limited resources at Parma. The guy got them all the way to 6th, which was extremely impressive.

He did well enough early in his career to get the Italy job. He did better with Italy than he gets credit for- we all saw what happened when Lippi came back, and at the end of the day, he lost on PKs without Cannavaro, Pirlo, or Gattuso to a Spain side that would win their next three tournaments.

He did a solid job a Bolgona. With a limited budget and limited talent, he got them to a comfortable mid table spot (while they finished 15th the last two seasons, if not for poor finishes to the season, they could have finished closer to 10th). Pippo took over for him and the team is doing worse than it was under Donadoni.

Overall, he is a good manager, and has excelled at getting the most out of his players. He has never had this level of talent at club level, and I would be more than happy to see what he could do with them.

This is definitely true. Not the world class manager we all want, but if Gattuso continues to underperform, he would be a great caretaker throughout the season.

Godfather

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Another coach who's got mixed results with midtable clubs... Enough with these kind of coaches, we've had enough of them (Montella, Pippo, Miha, etc.). We need a winner and reliable coach to get us out of this mess.