Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Forza DC! Feel sorry for someone as competitive as him to have lost vs a steroid user twice.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
DC gonna beat gustaf again and then beat p4p #1 volkan ozdemir

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Why fuck DC?? :eek:

Never been a fan of his. Too much of the 'please like me I am a nice guy' type of stuff. Also too much bitching and moaning from his fans about everything. Even if I was a DC fan his other fans would have ruined if for me. That same thing happened with McGregor :lol:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Never been a fan of his. Too much of the 'please like me I am a nice guy' type of stuff. Also too much bitching and moaning from his fans about everything. Even if I was a DC fan his other fans would have ruined if for me. That same thing happened with McGregor :lol:

i've never understood how other fans can have an impact on one's opinion on someone.

other than that, i've never had the impression of him wanting people to like him. but i can understand the frustration of seeing the fans pick someone like jones instead of him.

oh well, to all their own i guess.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i've never understood how other fans can have an impact on one's opinion on someone.

other than that, i've never had the impression of him wanting people to like him. but i can understand the frustration of seeing the fans pick someone like jones instead of him.

oh well, to all their own i guess.

Oh it can. With McGregor, his fanboys are embarrassing. I couldn't even follow that Mayweather-Mcgregor stuff because I did not want any part of it.

And DC used to do that a lot in his press conferences. I never gave a shit about pressers but I always found him to be a try hard when he would do the 'why do you boo me, I don't do drugs Jon does' stuff. And that feeling sorry for DC stuff is lame too. If imma feel sorry for anyone, it won't be a former/current UFC Champ making mils with a analyst job on the side :lol::lol:

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And to be fair, I really don't like any of the light heavyweights. I was done with that division when Jones ran through my favorite fighters.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know, I know.

It wasn't even twitter though, just the mmafighting site. Ariel Helwani started getting on my nerves too.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
yeah Helwani can get really annoying and repetitive. but can't blame the guy for not being passionate about the sport.

talking about passion, i'm starting to lose it. i really hope ufc turns it around soon, this sport is lacking stars and good cards. a good start would be to have less events.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah the stars are lacking. And they need less of these fight nights so they can have better PPVs. A big fox card every once in a while too. The cards do pick up though starting tonight, I just checked

UFC fight night September 17
Shogun vs OSP
Claudia vs some chick
Gomi vs Dong Hyum Kim
Saki making his debut(kickboxing star)

UFC 216
Lee vs Ferguson
Werdum vs Lewis
Johnson vs Borg(maybe lol)
Vanzant vs Eye

Machida and Maia also are booked to fight late October on the same card. Then UFC 217 has three title fights, Hendricks, Mickey Gall, and Thompson vs Masvidal.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
DC comes across as really likeable tbh, especially on UFC Tonight, he has a great sense of humor & doesn't take himself too seriously, i like DC. Prefer Jones, but feel bad for DC about what has happened.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
BJS-Monroe:sleep:

Was hoping to see Saunders get knocked the fuck out and his punk kid crying running into the ring, only to get knocked down as well.
But Monroe was a joke.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A draw in the boxing. :fp: my word.

GGG pissed all over him, last time I watch a boxing match

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
WTTFF:lol:
How was that a draw?

118-110 to Canelo, how in the fuck?

Last edited:

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
One of the judges gave ten rounds to Canelo :lol:

images

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
GGG controlled the fight after round 5 but Byrd apparently was too drunk to judge properly :proud:

GGG won that fight 8-4

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
clear win for GGG in my opinion, 2 of those judges are clueless.

unda

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
A really really good fight get's overshadowed by one bullshit scorecard, it's a shame. Eventough I'm a huge GGG fan I could see the fight getting scored as a draw or even a very tight win for Canelo. tbh Canelo was the technically better fighter yesterday and outboxed Genady for long parts but probably was not active enough to win by decision. I didn't get Golovkin's strategy at all, he again tried to brawl to much and ate so many clean shots from Canelo which to my surprise did not show any effect on Golovkin, still don't get it why he didn't worked the jab more and never throwed any body punches. It seemed to my that he didn't respect Canelos power but he should stop with this bullshit and start fighting the way that he fought Lemieux. Anyway great fight for both guys, can't wait for the rematch.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
The fight was great and I don't mind the one judge scoring it 114-114 even if I disagree. The one that's a true headscratcher is that 118 to 110 - wtf is that :lol:

At least we get to look forward towards a rematch.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This was the "fight to save boxing"...

and yet we are once again shown how corrupt boxing is.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I didn't get to see the boxing fight, I was watching UFC fight night. After the last Ward fight I predicted the Canelo/GGG fight would have some crap happen with it too. That's just how it is in boxing.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
All that model pussy Luke's been eating, has really strengthen his chin.

Took does punches like a champ...and the guy is simply a monster on top, that gnp is unreal.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I wasn't paying as much attention as I wanted to for this fight, but rockhold din't impress me until it went to the ground.

maybe it's the rust, he hasn't fought in 15.5 months

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wasn't paying as much attention as I wanted to for this fight, but rockhold din't impress me until it went to the ground.

maybe it's the rust, he hasn't fought in 15.5 months

He said he was a bit heavier and the cut may have affected him. Also said this:

“I’d love to go to light heavyweight,” said the former middleweight champ (at 3:42 of the video). “I do really well in the gym and it’s more natural for me and I think I could do things. But, D.C. (Daniel Cormier) is obviously the man right now in the division. I’m not going up until he gets out. If he goes up or if he retires. Damn well guarantee I’m coming up. But, business to do here first.”

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Tony with that dbz reference, the guy is so fucking weird..i love it :lol: :lol: :lol::thumbsup:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ferguson's little run in with Werdum was quite interesting as well

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
DJ was so defensive on post fight show, when brought up about moving weight, facing better competition.

No way he does it, he's happy taking no damage, furthering his record and dominating his division, don't blame him but, meh